God of War3 is the new Graphics King, GEARS What? CRYSIS who?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghandi_2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#301 ghandi_2005
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts
Half life is a pc game through and through, Halo is a console game through and through. Same with DMC, it to is a console game just like GOW. How can your marry HL and Halo together? Plus i'm not wrong, and i only insult people that makes a$$se$ out of them selves. [QUOTE="rikansem"]

[QUOTE="ghandi_2005"]You are officially king of stupid statements, Halo and half life are two completely different types of games. [QUOTE="rikansem"]

and halo owes a lot to half -life

they are both first person shooters... wow do you insult people when you are wrong?

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#302 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

:lol: GOW3 looks about the same as diablo3 hardly impressive crysis on the other hand looks like real life :shock:

and also 9000$ pc :? wtf not even the extremely overprised pre-built high end gaming pc cost that much and for 2000$ i could build my own that would be on the same level as those but u could spend alot less and still run every game with decent settings.

rikansem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#303 rikansem
Member since 2009 • 220 Posts

Half life is a pc game through and through, Halo is a console game through and through. Same with DMC, it to is a console game just like GOW. How can your marry HL and Halo together? Plus i'm not wrong, and i only insult people that makes a$$se$ out of them selves. [QUOTE="rikansem"]

[QUOTE="ghandi_2005"]You are officially king of stupid statements, Halo and half life are two completely different types of games. [QUOTE="rikansem"]

and halo owes a lot to half -life

ghandi_2005

they are both first person shooters... wow do you insult people when you are wrong?

[/QUOTE

okay the point i am trying to make is that god of war was revolutionary even if devil may cry did it first, so the third god of war game is gonna move units, now im done with this dumb system wars post. its just sad

ghandi_2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 ghandi_2005
It wasn't revolutionary, because it has already been done several times before GOW came out, the only thing that was new was quick time events. I don't call that revolutionary, if you want revolutionary check out Super Mario Galaxy. ps. I hope to see you again in system wars, i have a feeling we will be close friends. lol

[QUOTE="ghandi_2005"]Half life is a pc game through and through, Halo is a console game through and through. Same with DMC, it to is a console game just like GOW. How can your marry HL and Halo together? Plus i'm not wrong, and i only insult people that makes a$$se$ out of them selves. [QUOTE="rikansem"]rikansem

[/QUOTE

okay the point i am trying to make is that god of war was revolutionary even if devil may cry did it first, so the third god of war game is gonna move units, now im done with this dumb system wars post. its just sad

ghandi_2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 ghandi_2005

Here is the final blow!!! My power level is over 9000!! You lose. :D

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#307 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

How many times do we have to repeat this?

None of the graphics hardware in any of the consoles can produce a game with technically superior graphics to Crysis. To do that, a developer will need access to the PC's latest and greatest hardware, and exclusive at that. No matter how much optimization you try or how many tricks you use, you aren't going to make a console graphics powerhouse look better than a PC graphics powerhouse at this stage.

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

[QUOTE="UnrealLord"][QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

The screens are from an older build, and by the time the game comes out, no one will remember what crysis is or what Gears of war is. GOW3 will be the new Standard

LunchBox-

Until, of course, Crysis 2 and (The REAL GOW) Gears of War 3 come out...

Gears came after God of war. so GOW belongs to god of war

By that logic, Pong owns God Of War because it came first.

LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 LunchBox-
Member since 2009 • 314 Posts

How many times do we have to repeat this?

aliblabla2007

not matter how many facts you put up to say GoW3 is clear winner in terms of graphics, you get threads like this,http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26807610&msg_id=310230461#310230461

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Man, Crysis will not be beat this generation of consoles. Killzone 2 comes the closest, with some Ps3 exclusives in 09/10 coming close, but Crysis is just in a league of it's own.

MBP_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 MBP_King
Member since 2009 • 903 Posts

I would disagre with you as a console game cant not be on par with a pc.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

I have a strong hunch that this thread will be bumped in a few months for ownage.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

[QUOTE="clone01"]

no, the PS3 and 360 were obsolete 2 years ago.

360 maybe, because its a cheap shoddy piece of hardware made by M$.

the ps3? outdated? dont kid yourself. it still has enough potential to out perform your 8000$ pc anyday. Once the lazy 3rd party devs figure out the way to use that power (like how Guerrilla games did) you will see ALL multiplatforms run better on the ps3. youll be buying Crysis 2 on the ps3 because your average walmart intel processor arent even in the same league as the cell.

keep telling yourself that. even a midrange PC today smokes both the 360 and PS3. and right now, most multiplats run better on the 360.
LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 LunchBox-

multiplats run better on the 360.clone01

opinion (mainly from lems) not facts

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 clone01

[QUOTE="clone01"]multiplats run better on the 360.LunchBox-

is that why the 360 version of fallout 3 ranks higher than the PS3s? tell me, what's it like to work for Sony?
LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 LunchBox-

[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

[QUOTE="clone01"]multiplats run better on the 360.clone01

is that why the 360 version of fallout 3 ranks higher than the PS3s? tell me, what's it like to work for Sony?

one websites score =/= the world

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

LunchBox-

.....unless it's a better score for PS3.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I love the fact that this got over 30 pages of post. Why?
Avatar image for Synthetic_NinJI
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Synthetic_NinJI
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts

LunchBox-

:| It is a fact that it looks and plays better on 360.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

LunchBox-

Fallout 3 360 Gamerankings

Fallout 3 PS3 Gamerankings

Apparently, on average, other web sites feel the same way, AND, the 360 version has more reviews. You were saying?

LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 LunchBox-

[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

[QUOTE="clone01"] is that why the 360 version of fallout 3 ranks higher than the PS3s? tell me, what's it like to work for Sony?nervmeister

thats ownage because, if a ps3 game manages to outscore other platforms despite the biased media, it just showcases how much of an achievement that game is.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 clone01
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

in SW, Gamespot scores are used for example purposes. sorry, if you disagree, i know IGN has a forum.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Nagidar

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

LunchBox-

thats ownage because, if a ps3 game manages to outscore other platforms despite the biased media, it just showcases how much of an achievement that game is.

Right, so, if the media says something negative about the PS3, its bias, if they say something positive about the PS3, its fact, gotcha....

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 clone01
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

what biased media? do you have a link or example, or is this just another Sony propaganda rant of yours?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts
God, I love the title. GEARS what? CRYSIS who?
LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 LunchBox-

[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"].....unless it's a better score for PS3.

clone01

what biased media? do you have a link or example, or is this just another Sony propaganda rant of yours?

http://criminalcrackdown.blogspot.com/2009/02/is-this-biased-journalism-or-is-it-just.html

straight from david jaffe

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Nagidar

LunchBox-

http://criminalcrackdown.blogspot.com/2009/02/is-this-biased-journalism-or-is-it-just.html

You post a link, to Jaffe's blog, about an E-Mail sent from a mystery journalist? Come on man, post a link to an actual ARTICLE, from a respected site that has bias in it.

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#328 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

LunchBox-

So one occurance of "bias" means that all journalism is biased towards the PS3?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 clone01
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

David Jaffe's blog. fantastic job. no, really. this is totally unbiased. a dev who makes his money from Sony.
LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 LunchBox-

You post a link, to Jaffe's blog, about an E-Mail sent from a mystery journalist? Come on man, post a link to an actual ARTICLE, from a respected site that has bias in it.

Nagidar

spin much? "actual article"??? thats david jaffe, one of the most respectable devs in the industry, he even owns a 360 himself. how is he not credible to you?

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Nagidar

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

LunchBox-

spin much? "actual article"??? thats david jaffe, one of the most respectable devs in the industry, he even owns a 360 himself. how is he not credible to you?

Dude, you said "Bias Media", those were questions from a so called "Mystery Journalist", post a link to an ARTICAL, were the media was bashing the PS3.

Jaffe makes his money from SONY, if he actually answered those questions truthfully, what do you think would happen to him?

LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 LunchBox-

[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

Nagidar

Dude, you said "Bias Media", those were questions from a so called "Mystery Journalist", post a link to an ARTICAL, were the media was bashing the PS3.

Jaffe makes his money from SONY, if he actually answered those questions truthfully, what do you think would happen to him?

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/05/19/a-history-of-evidence-is-gametrailers-really-biased-against-the-ps3-in-favor-of-xbox-360/

http://pswi60.wordpress.com/2009/01/06/the-killzone-2-press-preview/

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-283736.aspx

Facts

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

LunchBox-

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/05/19/a-history-of-evidence-is-gametrailers-really-biased-against-the-ps3-in-favor-of-xbox-360/

Facts

These are also opinions. You are just as bad as Republicans.
LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 LunchBox-

[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

These are also opinions. You are just as bad as Republicans.pyromaniac223

why are you insulting me by calling names?

http://pswi60.wordpress.com/2009/01/06/the-killzone-2-press-preview/- this article proves their "opinion" right by using factual evidence. ofcourse its gonna be "opinions" since they are the ones typing it, but if they prove it, its facts.

alexpkmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 alexpkmon
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts

lol

stupid fanboy

the game isn't out yet

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Nagidar

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

LunchBox-

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/05/19/a-history-of-evidence-is-gametrailers-really-biased-against-the-ps3-in-favor-of-xbox-360/ I have no clue what the hell this web site is, but if youactually read the article, you would see they used BOTH consoles factory settings for their comparisons, they even went on to say,

"I guess the issue here is that PlayStation 3 fans believe that setting the RGB to full and adjusting the white levels--something that most PS3 owners will never even know exists--is the only way to make these comparisons fair. But where do we draw the line? Then do we go into the Xbox 360 settings and start screwing with stuff until we think it looks better? Who exactly decides what "looks better" means? One person likes dark blacks, another may like more detail and a lighter display. There's no other solution to this problem other than to do what we did, which is leave the consoles on their default settings and create as scientific an environment as possible--meaning making sure all variables that can be controlled are made the same."

Reviews are opinions, nothing more.

What the hell was bias about this one? Halo Wars was on the top of the chart, so what.

Opinions.

Again, post an ARTICLE, from a respected web site that blatantly bash the PS3, are you having trouble with this?

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Nagidar

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]

These are also opinions. You are just as bad as Republicans.LunchBox-

http://pswi60.wordpress.com/2009/01/06/the-killzone-2-press-preview/- this article proves their "opinion" right by using factual evidence. ofcourse its gonna be "opinions" since they are the ones typing it, but if they prove it, its facts.

Thats why you READ the review to see what the reviewers complaints were, not just the score.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

These are also opinions. You are just as bad as Republicans.LunchBox-

Well, the reviews that scored PS3 multiplats lower than the other versions supported their cases with what you would call facts. They used screenshot comparisons and such.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 clone01
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

there's no factual evidence in any of these. the closest is the game trailers one, and even that article is suspect at best.
YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#340 YekDastan316
Member since 2009 • 707 Posts

mgs4
killzone2
resistance2
god3
uncharted 2

wat els can you say. looks like i picked the rite system, im smart for waiting :]

LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 LunchBox-

[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

These are also opinions. You are just as bad as Republicans.clone01

there's no factual evidence in any of these. the closest is the game trailers one, and even that article is suspect at best.

just because you cant prove it wrong, its a suspect? :lol:

DeckardLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#342 DeckardLee
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Haha! Brilliant trolling TC! Bravo!

usmcjdk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#343 usmcjdk6
Member since 2007 • 1240 Posts
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

How much is Sony paying you? Or your advertisement company?
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

Not only is it the most Technically superior game in the current market, It will also help sony push consoles, because GOW was one of the brands the ps2 owners recognize, and will run out to buy. by then youll see the WiiFAD slowing down and Nintendo will release their new Vii or Zii to counter.But soon those 100 million ps2 owners will be buying ps3s.

Its the Best looking game thats coming out on any system. And guess what you dont need to pay M$ or buy a 9000 dollar PC to play it either. This will end up as the Third AAAAE for the Ps3 (after MGS4 and Kz2).

Sheep, Hermits, Lems AM CRY. actually they wont have the time to cry, they will be running to buy ps3s

stop making us laugh, the God of War 3 looks just like the second . you must have a pretty low standerd for graphic.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#346 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
How much is Sony paying you?usmcjdk6
Wrong company.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#347 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

No just no.:lol: GOW3 doesn't have better graphics then Crysis. Heck Uncharted 2 looks a little better then GOW3.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

You are still feeding the Fake/fanboy?

elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 elpoep
Member since 2005 • 1287 Posts

God Of War 3 has nothing to do with graphics. GoW on the PSP was just fine... its about the characters.

Theres nothing to see here kids, lets not let keep this thread floating, let it sink to the bottom of the pool like it deserves.

END OF THREAD

LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 LunchBox-

God Of War 3 has nothing to do with graphics. GoW on the PSP was just fine... its about the characters.

elpoep

lolwut?

Gow psp was "fine" because its the best looking handheld game ever created. it looks better than 90% of wii games. Gow2 on ps2 was incredible.

Gow series has been the pioneer in terms of graphics, and Gow3 will set the new standard