God of War vs Uncharted. Which do you find better?

• 107 results
DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

Poll God of War vs Uncharted. Which do you find better? (90 votes)

God of War 44%
Uncharted 56%

A clash between the PS2 and PS3's biggest action game IP's. Which one do you find better?

Personally, i like both, but GOW was for me much better. While UC had a good story and the set piece design was excellent, the core gameplay never got me. GOW's hack & slash gameplay on the other hand was really fun (though, too easy at times), the lore and setting allowed for awesome set piece itself, various enemies and epic bosses, and awesome world.

• 
BeatBoxVoilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101  Edited By BeatBoxVoilin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@enzyme36 said:
@bigcheesen said:

...Uncharted 2 revolutionized the last gen. The only 3rd person action shooter game that can even match Uncharted 2 is Uncharted 3....

Dead Space 2 was a better 3rd person action shooter game... and it wasn't even an action shooter game

I like the Dead Space games!

Uncharted's traversal gunplay mixture puts it above on a pure TPS gameplay front me however. Not to mention the epic playable set piece action on top of it, its becomes a no contest in wide favor of Uncharted

All though in Dead Space it is fun to specifically target limbs and shoot them off etc. Even Dead Space has MUCH better shooting mechanics then Gears.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@bigcheesen

You really need to broaden your horizons and play more games....

Ive played all the big TPS games you can think. I find myself enjoying Uncharted's brand of TPS the most. You both should read this post below. Perfectly explains it

@bigcheesen said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@scottpsfan14:

When you look at PURE TPS games,

Uncharted has some of the best gameplay of any pure third person shooter out there,

Unlike the Playstation/Uncharted haters, I will actually back up my claims with legitimate reasons!

I present to you ladies and gentleman

Exhibit 1:

Loading Video...

Look at the way you can freely move upon the environment, from the ground or from atop vertically

You can take the high ground at any time to get the drop on ememies

Or you can sneak around and stealth kill Etc etc etc

Now here is that same segment but played differently

Loading Video...

By the way, look at how smooth and responsive everything is too. You can approach enemies how ever way you want to in levels like that, and in many other levels in Uncharted etc

Uncharted in those instances has the most sand box like gameplay of any other pure mainstream TPS you can think of.

You can stay ground level or go atop vertically, stealth or go all out rambo in style.

Uncharted has always had some of the best PURE gameplay of any TPS (especially part 2 and 3) Gears of War could never touch what Uncharted offers up in just that gameplay segment alone,

Nor can Gears (and Halo) get within even a fraction of touching Uncharted's cinematic gameplay , presentation, and story elements etc But wait.......

Apparently it was all just an elaborate illusion by Naughty Dog because random trolls on the internet say Uncharted is a QTE movie, is on rails, and has "meh" gameplay

So how is this even possible! Damn you Naughty Dog for tricking us into LOVING the gameplay in Uncharted! Bunch of level 100 wizards you are you Naughty Dog!

A TPS like Gears feels so outdated and barebones compared to Uncharted

BeatBoxVoilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By BeatBoxVoilin

@speedfreak48t5p said:

I haven't watched either movie, so I can't pass judgement.

Why would you even come into this thread if you havent played either. On top of that to leave a remark like that

Youre just plain trolling. Mods take action please!

This is how you can tell Playstation exclusives are truly amazing. People like the above spend their time trying to discredit them. You dont waist energy hating on something thats truly a joke . Playstation exclusives keep winning

Anyway, both games are amazing. Play them (either God of War or Uncharted) when you get the chance

Im Uncharted, YOU PLAY the cutscenes. In something like Gears you WATCH the cut scenes

If you want to watch a movie, I would tell you to go watch Ryse, Halo 4, and Gears of War (all scripted linear and shallow) but then again those "games" dont even have good enough stories to be considered D level films

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@BeatBoxVoilin

I played all 3 uncharted games and that post describes what Uncharted is like ON LOWER DIFFICULTY.

Crank that bad boy up to hard and prance around the enviroment and see how long you last, fact of the matter is even Bioshock Infinite has better gun play and platforming to boot than Uncharted... Which is really saying something because Bioshock Infinite was actually terrible...... And the so called stealth everybody praises so much is also terrible.

You're welcome to trash Gears all you want.... It does nothing for Uncharted.....

Now The Last Of Us..... That was actually a good game. Naughty Dog should drop Uncharted all together and focus their efforts into that instead. Plus with the PS4 Thumb Sticks improvements it might finally make sense to have a shooting game on their system.

BeatBoxVoilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By BeatBoxVoilin

"I played all 3 uncharted games and that post describes what Uncharted is like ON LOWER DIFFICULTY"

^

It was played on hard lol. Youre "argument" is now null and void. Well, actually your argument had no legs to stand on to begin with.

Youre like someone who got told, "no 2+2 really equals 4, and youre response...."NO but Potatoe / IT WAS PLAYED ON EASY"

If anything its playing it on EASY that takes the shine away from its gameplay

The rest youre not even making sense.

I will try to be nice, stop acting like the world revolves around your ignorant opinions. The MAJORITY love Uncharted's gameplay...and unlike like you THEY can reasonably explain their position, on WHY Uncharted has great gameplay...them>>>you...me>>>>you

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Lulu_Lulu

@BeatBoxVoilin

Hey mate you can do the same thing in Aliens Colonial Marines.... Mastering a flawed system doesn't make it good, literally every preview of unreleased games are marketed that way.... A game won't look like crap in the hands of someone who knows its ins and outs. Even I can make Final Fantasy XIII look deeper than Starcraft if you give me enough time with it.

Anyway I never said people don't like Uncharted's gameplay infact if history is anything to go by people love shitty gameplay. The quality of gameplay recently in this entire industry has taken a serious nose dive and yet sales are higher than ever......

Uncharted may have Open Ended gameplay but its piss poor open ended gameplay.... Your options are not equal..... each level does infact insist you have to play a specific way.... After you've gotten familiar with all the idiosyncracies of each level you may go back and exert twice the effort for half the quality just to prove Lulu wrong about how open Uncharted is...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Lulu_Lulu

@Speak_Low

That description applies to Uncharted aswell.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

@bigcheesen: i am the FURTHEST thing from being a lemming. I just happen to know how to spot top quality when i see it, and neither GoW nor UC series has it.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

God of War is miserable in every aspect. Uncharted has boring gameplay but nice art and decent writing. Neither one is an action game to me.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@bigcheesen said:

@gamersjustgame said:

I will take a lot of hear for this....

Uncharted is vastly overrated. Its a good game franchise but I find it to be incredibly boring at times. I played uncharted 2 and liked, but skipped uncharted 3 as it just didn't interest me enough with Uncharted 2. I know Naughty Dog gets treated like Royalty here, but uncharted is a good series but not great.

I recently played TLOUR and that game blows Uncharted out the water. That game was fantastic and will be Naughty Dogs bread and butter. Uncharted 4 will sell outrageous and I admit I will probably get it. But I think it will be average at best. It will be Halo 4. Sell like mad, get good reviews but only due to a lack of anything new for the system.

No, judging by some of the ridiculous "comments" in this thread Uncharted IS VASTLY UNDER-rated now.

BOTH Uncharted and Last of Us are amazing in their own ways! APPRECIATE BOTH for what they are.

Uncharted is light hearted in nature. Its NOT to be taken too seriously. Its easy going- more action orientated gameplay serves the kind of game it is very well etc

The Last of Us is a lot darker in tone, a lot more mature, and tackles very serious life issues etc. The gameplay in Last of Us is a lot more tense, dire, dynamic, and open etc.

Uncharted IS utilmately a SHOOTER while the Last of Us is NOT your typical AAA shooter in any sense of the word lol

BUT having said all of that, it should NOT be a knock on Uncharted's gameplay (Uncharted has some of the best TPS gameplay of the TPS genre)

...The Last of Us simply has more open, dynamic, engaging, and thoughtfull gameplay then 100% of all current games do.....PLUS when playing Last of Us I have never experienced combat that intense before PERIOD.....Gameplay fits the game that Last of Us is perfectly..... and actually Last of Us doesnt have the dissonance that Uncharted and other games have etc

All though BOTH have the Naughty Dog story telling magic....The Last of Us is obviously an evolution of everything Naughty Dog has learned in the past. Think of it like this. Naughty Dog is the best trainer in boxing but before they got to that point where they molded the pound for pound king (Last of Us) they had to gain the experience training regional champs in order to grow and learn (Uncharted)

That should still not be a knock on Uncharted. Uncharted was revoultionary for its time (Naughty Dog is still improving too and will only get better) Last of Us does everything better in every way and im sure Naughty Dogs next game after Last of Us will even blow The Last of Us away as Naughty Dog keeps honing their craft

The fact that Naughty Dog in one gen created both Uncharted 2 AND last of Us ( 2 of the greatest games of the past gen)...thats...well words cant describe how amazing that is

That is what we should be talking about. Naughty Dog is simply on another level of game development

-Uncharted 2 rated at 96 on MC

-Last of Us rated at 96 on MC

NO developer has ever creted 2 NEW IPS in one gen that have both scored higher then 95.

Naughty Dog has broken all kinds of developer record and they will continue to break records as developers

Naughty Dog with Uncharted revolutionzed this generation of gaming(by creating cinematic gamplay and taking story+presentation to new heights)....Look at how many have tried to copy Naughty Dog's patented Uncharted gameplay formual but of course to no avil

Then with the Last of Us, Naughty Dog goes and does it all over again ...but with another genre.

They have flipped the survival horror genre on its head this time (with Uncharted it was the action adventure genre)

Naughty Dog sets the trends, others copy them while Naughty Dog moves on and always stays one step ahead of their MANY immitators. Im speechless....we are witnessing game developmemt history with what Naughty Dog is doing

Naughty Dog is the BEST developer of all time. There is no questioning it (talent wise, their versatility, their creativity, ability to make such engaging charcters in interesting worlds whom you care about while giving you top notch gameplay all wraped up in great well told stories)

Thing is Naughty Dog is still in their PRIMES too.

THANK you for creating many of my favorite games of all time Naughty Dog! (The Crash games, The Jak & Daxter games, Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3) Words cant describe how much I love you Naughty Dog and how grateful i am for your hard work and the passion you put into gaming for us

If anyone from Naughty Dog is readimg this, YOU guys(Naughty Dog) are proving to critics why GAMES can be amazing interactive pieces of art, gameplay, and story telling, as your games are

From the bottom of my heart, Thank you for the Last of Us Naughty Dog:) The Last of Us is the greatest game i have ever played. It moved me on an emotional level that i tought wasnt possible from games

All i could think about was the Last of Us whem I wasnt playing it. It was a monumental gaming achivement

You are amazing Naughty Dog:) And thank you Sony for always supporting Naughty Dog and always letting Naughty Dog do their thing!

Sony+Naughty Dog is like peanut butter+jelly.

Naughty Dog games make me proud to be a gamer:)

I get what your saying. But I feel the reason Uncharted created such a buzz, was in large part do to the fact exclusive games for the PS3 were junk and not any other exclusives at the time.

Much like Gears for 360. Good but not great. Uncharded is not as good as people make it out to be.