Ghostbusters Developer Prefers Working On PS3 First

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

You guys are silly, when I sad Xbox game, I meant Xbox 1 game. kool-aids

You think the Xbox could handle all of those destructible environments?

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts
[QUOTE="skektek"][QUOTE="loftus42"]

I hate wikipedia, Not a good source because of the ability for users to edit information. I usually ignore any post regarding wikipedia. Professors in college will flunk you for using it as a resource. just FYI. But i did look through their sources and they all point to Sony. I want an independent source outside the influence of Sony. Not just saying this because it is Sony, I wouldn't trust a Microsoft source either. Just my way of keeping things clean. But thanks for the Info. You just have to take it with a grain of salt.

P.S. Not saying I don't believe you, cause if they pulled it it would be impossible to prove Your statement. But I have never seen anything on that site that wasn't at least 90% accurate, and then what was wrong is usally amended soon. besides alot of his articles are backed up by the same information on other sites. But, again, not saying that it can't happen, no one is infallible, I just trust that site more then most.

loftus42
Obviously you didn't look close enough, many of the citations reference IBM or the Cell designers themselves. I get the feeling that you are on some kind of witch hunt, you have this idea in your head and you aren't looking for the truth, only to validate your own preconceived concept of the truth. Regarding Anand: I was shocked when it happened, I never expected it. A correction yes, but to have the whole thing swept under the rug was despicable. I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

I agree, that was wrong of anandtech, but like i said i've never came across anything like that, and with what i've seen on their site i still trust them, and you are the only person that has said anything against them. No i am not on a wicthhunt. i made a comment, i read in an article, and that was it. You pointed me to an article on wikipedia, and the only good things that came out of it was, yes a few sources, but they all pointed to the designers. I said an independent source. If you think these are sources, then you are the one that's mistaken. Given all the hype that Sony, and IBM put out before the PS3 was released. Now if you have an independent source, then of course i am willing to change my mind. it would be very close minded of me to see information and to at least not consider it. But, I repeat, an Independent source that is not financially tied to the cell. Call me paranoid, but i wouldn't trust anyone who gets their pockets filled for propping up one technology over the other. I would NOT trust Microsoft either.

You are locking this discussion into a logical fallacious loop (Ad hominem). Every possible source I could cite is a going to be a derivative of either Sony, IBM or Toshiba's work.
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 loftus42
Member since 2008 • 1086 Posts
no it won't , but you obviously just want to argue, so I'm done! l8er
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
[QUOTE="loftus42"][QUOTE="skektek"][QUOTE="loftus42"]

I hate wikipedia, Not a good source because of the ability for users to edit information. I usually ignore any post regarding wikipedia. Professors in college will flunk you for using it as a resource. just FYI. But i did look through their sources and they all point to Sony. I want an independent source outside the influence of Sony. Not just saying this because it is Sony, I wouldn't trust a Microsoft source either. Just my way of keeping things clean. But thanks for the Info. You just have to take it with a grain of salt.

P.S. Not saying I don't believe you, cause if they pulled it it would be impossible to prove Your statement. But I have never seen anything on that site that wasn't at least 90% accurate, and then what was wrong is usally amended soon. besides alot of his articles are backed up by the same information on other sites. But, again, not saying that it can't happen, no one is infallible, I just trust that site more then most.

skektek

Obviously you didn't look close enough, many of the citations reference IBM or the Cell designers themselves. I get the feeling that you are on some kind of witch hunt, you have this idea in your head and you aren't looking for the truth, only to validate your own preconceived concept of the truth. Regarding Anand: I was shocked when it happened, I never expected it. A correction yes, but to have the whole thing swept under the rug was despicable. I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

I agree, that was wrong of anandtech, but like i said i've never came across anything like that, and with what i've seen on their site i still trust them, and you are the only person that has said anything against them. No i am not on a wicthhunt. i made a comment, i read in an article, and that was it. You pointed me to an article on wikipedia, and the only good things that came out of it was, yes a few sources, but they all pointed to the designers. I said an independent source. If you think these are sources, then you are the one that's mistaken. Given all the hype that Sony, and IBM put out before the PS3 was released. Now if you have an independent source, then of course i am willing to change my mind. it would be very close minded of me to see information and to at least not consider it. But, I repeat, an Independent source that is not financially tied to the cell. Call me paranoid, but i wouldn't trust anyone who gets their pockets filled for propping up one technology over the other. I would NOT trust Microsoft either.

You are locking this discussion into a logical fallacious loop (Ad hominem). Every possible source I could cite is a going to be a derivative of either Sony, IBM or Toshiba's work.

as you showed in my thread, the cell isn't the silver bullet, id surgest taking a look at IBM's work on the cell. its complex but it does site its strenths AND weaknesses. there does need to be some independant research done about the cell though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts

[QUOTE="kool-aids"]You guys are silly, when I sad Xbox game, I meant Xbox 1 game. Juggernaut140

IDK, maybe??

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]

[QUOTE="kool-aids"]You guys are silly, when I sad Xbox game, I meant Xbox 1 game. kool-aids

IDK, maybe??

Or maybe not ;)