Gearbox announcing never seen before at PAX 2019.

• 56 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

https://wccftech.com/gearbox-exciting-reveals-pax-east-2019/

This is your opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing, along with the latest news and updates from the makers of Borderlands, Battleborn, Brothers in Arms, and more! We will have never-before-seen reveals, exclusives, and surprises, so don’t miss out!

Lets hope its next brothers in arms they are working on. donot want borderlands 3 nor care about it. especially how Rage 2 is going to destroy anything borderlands.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

I would agree with that. I enjoy Brothers in Arms, but Borderlands is in the same cringeworthy category as Crackdown for me....super generic and cheesy

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

Battleborn.

lol

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

This is your opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing, along with the latest news and updates from the makers of Borderlands, Battleborn, Brothers in Arms, and more! We will have never-before-seen reveals, exclusives, and surprises, so don’t miss out!

Lets hope its next brothers in arms they are working on. donot want borderlands 3 nor care about it. especially how Rage 2 is going to destroy anything borderlands.

How? how would it destroy borderlands?

Borderlands is about the most successfully designed (from a gameplay perspective) looter shooter there has been.....

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@kali-b1rd said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Borderlands is about the most successfully designed (from a gameplay perspective) looter shooter there has been.....

Better combat and better movement???

borderlands combat blows.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#6  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

It's 100% going to be Borderlands 3. We already knew it was in development, and with the string of mixed bags like Colonial Marines, Battleborn and We Happy Few behind them, Gearbox could really use a sure-fire hit. Enters the sequel to, in my opinion, the best looter shooter game of all time.

Borderlands, back to show the kids like Destiny and Anthem and Warframe how it's done. Hopefully.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I’m hoping that it’s Borderlands 3 as I really enjoyed the first two.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#8 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Probably going to be Borderlands 3, god knows how much we all need another shooter/looter.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@phbz said:

Probably going to be Borderlands 3, god knows how much we all need another shooter/looter.

To be fair most of them have been mediocre at best... a GOOD one is welcome...

@ghosts4ever said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@ghosts4ever said:

So in other words Borderlands 3 with improved combat would be the best option. ya I agree.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#10 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Borderlands 3 please.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I'd take a new Brothers in Arms game over a new Borderlands, but maybe I'm in the minority here with that. Heck, I'd prefer a remaster of the first two even.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@mandzilla said:

I'd take a new Brothers in Arms game over a new Borderlands, but maybe I'm in the minority here with that. Heck, I'd prefer a remaster of the first two even.

With the return of WWII games, its possible, despite being unlikely. I would welcome it for sure. More than yet another Borderlands.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

How about a new IP?

Borderlands was good, but 2 was not & Brothers in Arms was just a mediocre game all round.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:

How about a new IP?

Borderlands was good, but 2 was not & Brothers in Arms was just a mediocre game all round.

The original road to hill 30 was pretty good. hells highway was mediocre but there is a room for improvement.

especially after how CODWW2 and BF5 failed at being WW2 games. i want them to make authentic WW2 game that put those games to shame.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I do hope it's borderlands 3.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#16 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Given the recent... things against Randy Pitchford right now, I'm not sure I even want a BL3 (at least not new).

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

If it’s borderlands game 3 and as good as borderlands 2 I’m ready to give up 1000 hours to that game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@ghosts4ever said:

I agree, to an extent. The actual feel of shooting is great, with enemies that are diverse and engaging to fight.

But the levelling up mechanics are overly streamlined to point they feel unsatisfying.

The games movement would have really benefited from removing the "sprint" mechanic entirely and opting for simply speeding up the players base movement.

Having every enemy use projectiles with an emphasis of dodging, is far more fun than standing still and poking down an iron-sight.

-

Other probs outside of that. Like... how hard it tries to funny and wacky and just ends up being obnoxious. Or how repetition sets in long before the finishing line.

It's worth noting, they also own the Homeworld IP. a series decidedly better than the carrot and custard they've vomited out, that your average console gamer doesn't give a crap shit about.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Duke Nukem

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Borderlands 2 is rare single player games I played more than once and put almost 80 hours in.

I HOPE it is Borderlands 3 because I have been waiting for that since they announced Pre-Sequel which was great but poor setting... Give me locals without the stupid oxygen moon gravity shite and updated graphics with new guns and lots of them with the same humour from 2?... I'll buy the collectors edition.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

How about a new IP?

The original road to hill 30 was pretty good. hells highway was mediocre but there is a room for improvement.

especially after how CODWW2 and BF5 failed at being WW2 games. i want them to make authentic WW2 game that put those games to shame.

Well every game has room for improvement, but some games just aren't worth the effort and Brothers is one of those games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Borderlands 2 is rare single player games I played more than once and put almost 80 hours in.

I HOPE it is Borderlands 3 because I have been waiting for that since they announced Pre-Sequel which was great but poor setting... Give me locals without the stupid oxygen moon gravity shite and updated graphics with new guns and lots of them with the same humour from 2?... I'll buy the collectors edition.

You played it more than once and only accumulated 80hrs, you must not have explored it that much as I only did 1 playthrough with a mate and I accumulated 162hrs.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56104 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@mandzilla said:

With the return of WWII games, its possible, despite being unlikely. I would welcome it for sure. More than yet another Borderlands.

As much as I want Borderlands 3, a new Brothers in Arms would be really nice to see, so yeah, please bring back Brothers in Arms Gearbox.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@i_p_daily: 162 hours with 1 play through?...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Exploration, did you just run & gun?

EDIT: that also includes all the DLC.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@i_p_daily said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I got it on launch so there was no DLC... I completed my first play through in about 30-40 hours. I am not a completionist so I didn't do all the side missions but I did not rush. I only completed it once so when I said I played it the other times it was just for 10-15 hours each when I had the itch to play some borderlands with the other classes.

You got me all worried for a bit, but nah I didn't rush it I just googled and according to this site/link below:

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=1274

The average play time for the main story is 31 hours and rushed is 18 hours for the main story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I got it on launch so there was no DLC... I completed my first play through in about 30-40 hours. I am not a completionist so I didn't do all the side missions but I did not rush. I only completed it once so when I said I played it the other times it was just for 10-15 hours each when I had the itch to play some borderlands with the other classes.

You got me all worried for a bit, but nah I didn't rush it I just googled and according to this site/link below:

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=1274

The average play time for the main story is 31 hours and rushed is 18 hours for the main story.

Yeah i'm a completionist, so unless I really, really hate a game I will see everything in it where possible. I thought B2 was just ok and made a little better with friends.

I got the Handsome Jack version and didn't even bother playing the other Borderlands game that came with it.

Yeah with all the side missions you have to traverse here there and everywhere which inflated game time.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@i_p_daily: I mostly stuck with the main story missions and with side missions that I found interesting... But I never tried the DLC, too many games to play at the time and I have ADHD when it comes to gaming like I would play a game for 9 hours straight and the next day play it for 1-2 hours and never touch it again. Its why I said its a RARE game for me, I rarely complete games let alone play it more than once once I completed it.

Also I guess you can related since you spent those hours playing the game with a friend but I spent most of my childhood playing multiplayer games on a Sega Genesis with my brother and to me a single player game that I complete is RARE simply because my enjoyment comes from interacting with real people and or the sense of competition. Maybe if I played it with a friend I would have 2 to 3 times the time in the game.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Judging by the comments here, I guess I’m in the minority of those who don’t want to ever see another Borderlands game again. I tried the first two, but thought they were god awful in the same league as Crackdown

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@davillain- said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@mandzilla said:

As much as I want Borderlands 3, a new Brothers in Arms would be really nice to see, so yeah, please bring back Brothers in Arms Gearbox.

https://gamingbolt.com/new-brothers-in-arms-game-has-awesome-people-involved-randy-pitchford

Brothers in arms has been in development for quite sometimes. randy said many times about brothers in arms yet he didnot said a single word about borderlands 3.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Borderlands 3 please.

Not a cheap ass money grab, do it justice and make it great.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@ghosts4ever said:

I agree, to an extent. The actual feel of shooting is great, with enemies that are diverse and engaging to fight.

But the levelling up mechanics are overly streamlined to point they feel unsatisfying.

The games movement would have really benefited from removing the "sprint" mechanic entirely and opting for simply speeding up the players base movement.

Having every enemy use projectiles with an emphasis of dodging, is far more fun than standing still and poking down an iron-sight.

-

Other probs outside of that. Like... how hard it tries to funny and wacky and just ends up being obnoxious. Or how repetition sets in long before the finishing line.

It's worth noting, they also own the Homeworld IP. a series decidedly better than the carrot and custard they've vomited out, that your average console gamer doesn't give a crap shit about.

Even original Rage was better than borderlands so why cant Rage 2 to be one that finally be a good borderlands game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Brothers in Arms: Battle Royale edition

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mandzilla  Moderator
@foxhound_fox said:
@mandzilla said:

I sure hope so, squad control FPS games like BIA > any looter shooter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@i_p_daily: I mostly stuck with the main story missions and with side missions that I found interesting... But I never tried the DLC, too many games to play at the time and I have ADHD when it comes to gaming like I would play a game for 9 hours straight and the next day play it for 1-2 hours and never touch it again. Its why I said its a RARE game for me, I rarely complete games let alone play it more than once once I completed it.

Also I guess you can related since you spent those hours playing the game with a friend but I spent most of my childhood playing multiplayer games on a Sega Genesis with my brother and to me a single player game that I complete is RARE simply because my enjoyment comes from interacting with real people and or the sense of competition. Maybe if I played it with a friend I would have 2 to 3 times the time in the game.

Yeah had a friend not played it with me I would have probably dropped it sooner, and I agree playing co-op lengthens any game, and like you once I finish a SP game I rarely ever go back, well not like I did when I was much younger.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

The rumor I've heard is Borderlands 3.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@ghosts4ever said:

-

Even original Rage was better than borderlands so why cant Rage 2 to be one that finally be a good borderlands game.

Bit of a stretch. Both same problems, worlds with good art-style but void of any characters.

In Rage case it's generic, in Borderlands it's like a kid smoking a cigarette to show how they edgy they are, mildly embarrassing for all parties involved, both the player and the developer.

Rage looks better than Rage 2. Rage 2 has jumped aboard the try-hard bandwagon of "we so wacky".

Feels really antiquated.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@kali-b1rd said:

-

Bit of a stretch. Both same problems, worlds with good art-style but void of any characters.

In Rage case it's generic, in Borderlands it's like a kid smoking a cigarette to show how they edgy they are, mildly embarrassing for all parties involved, both the player and the developer.

Rage looks better than Rage 2. Rage 2 has jumped aboard the try-hard bandwagon of "we so wacky".

Feels really antiquated.

Rage 1 has nice gunplay but everything was bland. it was only weak id software game.

borderlands has terrible gunplay and bulletsponges enemies showing health bar is not fun to shoot enemies.

Rage 2 looks like if borderlands was good single player shooter with amazing gunplay (made by id software). even if driving mehcanics or open world turn out not so good. its gunplay will make it up for it. cant say same about borderlands.

Rage 2 is going to destroy borderlands 3 in literally every way.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

-

Feels really antiquated.

Rage 1 has nice gunplay but everything was bland. it was only weak id software game.

borderlands has terrible gunplay and bulletsponges enemies showing health bar is not fun to shoot enemies.

Rage 2 looks like if borderlands was good single player shooter with amazing gunplay (made by id software). even if driving mehcanics or open world turn out not so good. its gunplay will make it up for it. cant say same about borderlands.

Rages gunplay weren't particularly great either.

They already had perfect, but felt the need to adhere to modern expectational.

Rage 2 does indeed look alot better, but it won't have the godly map design of Quake. Be Far Cry type levels. Zzzz

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

I don't really care to be honest. Gearbox hasn't done anything that's interested me in a long time, and I don't trust anything shown at e3, because we all now how drastically a game can change - and usually for the worse - when it's released.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mandzilla  Moderator

Would be hilarious if they resurfaced that Furious Four BIA spinoff that was revealed way back in 2011.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Brothers in Arms? I haven't heard those words for a while.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

-

Feels really antiquated.

Rages gunplay weren't particularly great either.

They already had perfect, but felt the need to adhere to modern expectational.

Rage 2 does indeed look alot better, but it won't have the godly map design of Quake. Be Far Cry type levels. Zzzz

obviously. its not id software game. its avalanche open world game with gunplay made by id software b team.

that is save for Doom Eternal. going to be by far best game of 2019.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I refuse to buy their games after they embezzled Aliens: Colonial Marines development funds from Sega for the Borderlands games and Duke Nukem Forever.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Am I alone in thinking that IF in fact it's Borderlands 3, it will come with tons of news that the game will nothing be more than a microtransactions-heavy shell of what BL2 used to be?

The whole thing is screaming to be monetized within an inch of its life. I just don't see it going any other way.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R4gn4r0k
@KungfuKitten said:

A lot of people would like a new BiA game.

But borderlands is a goldmine, so they'll most likely make another one of that instead.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@KungfuKitten said:

A lot of people would like a new BiA game.

But borderlands is a goldmine, so they'll most likely make another one of that instead.

its most likely brothers in arms. randy said they will announce borderlands 3 when its done. brothers in arms have been in development since 2015.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:

its most likely brothers in arms. randy said they will announce borderlands 3 when its done. brothers in arms have been in development since 2015.

It's been in development since 2015 because they have no clue what to do with the series, which was proved by the previous announcement trailer for Furious 4.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mandzilla  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k: They just need to go back to the FPS perspective 1+2 had and pick up where the story left off, leading into the Battle of the Bulge.

Surprised it's taken them so long honestly.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghosts4ever

@mandzilla said:

@R4gn4r0k: They just need to go back to the FPS perspective 1+2 had and pick up where the story left off, leading into the Battle of the Bulge.

Surprised it's taken them so long honestly.

games took so may years to develop now adays. thats why we have very few games this gen compare to last gens.