Gamestop Shares Plummet on Playstation Now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Panic sets in, as Playstation takes over the gaming world. Embrace the domination.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-shares-plummet-after-sony-announces-playstation-now/1100-6416991/

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

The shares will bounce back. Knee jerk reaction. And yeah, I own shares so this matters to me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

When you're an industry leader, driven by the by gamers for gamers mantra, people take notice.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

PlayStation Now is an interesting approach to backwards comparability and a money grab all at the same time.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

Panic sets in, as Playstation takes over the gaming world. Embrace the domination.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-shares-plummet-after-sony-announces-playstation-now/1100-6416991/

I don't buy used games from Gamestop. I definitely don't sell used games to Gamestop. I can buy used games from Ebay. I would think this would effect GameFly and Blockbuster more then anyone else. Especially when Microsoft launches a similar service a the end of the year.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XboxDone74

@blackace: Eh...I'm not so sure about Blockbuster...as they are almost all closed up. But I don't buy from Gamestop either, so doesn't effect me. But,seemed like an interesting article to post.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

gamestop will have to do something different eventually. digital only gaming is the future.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

gamestop sucks and is going to disappear like the movie rental places of yesteryear. once sony or ms decides to give folks money to delete their old downloaded games for credit towards new ones the game store will go extinct. digital is the future of all media

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

the writing on the wall is that eventually gamestop will be the next blockbuster video.

it may take awhile but it's coming.

new tech will ruin them just like it did the physical video rental industry.

i'm shocked that gamestop is not clever enough to be trying to buy up as many retro games and systems as possible because that is the only thing that will prolong their existence.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@-Renegade said:

gamestop will have to do something different eventually. digital only gaming is the future.

not even for some cities in the United States will it be feassible to be all-digital for anything for quite some time. And no, I doubt that's going to change within the next year or so. I live in a heavily populated area only 20 minutes away from a spot where people can enjoy fiber optic internet. We've been waiting for 5 years and they aren't moving any closer.

Other countries less fortunate than us? **** them and their marketshare. The army that can't get internet frequently? **** them too.

Digital gaming is a nice bonus, but it would be a mistake to expect an all digital future anytime soon. Nobody is that stupid (well MS almost was, but hey they reversed the policy)

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Stores like Gamestop will be gone before the end of this generation. I have already digitally purchased Ghosts, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Madden 25, Powerstar Golf and Crimson Dragon on my X1. Why should I run out to a retail store to buy a game when I can simply purchase and install from the comfort of my couch? Like it or not, mass digital distribution is coming sooner than later to consoles!!

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

You know if this happens and I'm not saying it will it would have the same effect as Netflicks. As soon as the competition is gone time to up the price.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: You overreatimate digital gaming. It will be quite awhile until digital completely takes over

jpatern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jpatern
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: as long as digital downloads cost the same as physical copies, I'll still prefer the physical copies. at least I can sell or trade them. They need to make digital cheaper.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

P-snow:

Avatar image for zerooriginality
ZeroOriginality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By ZeroOriginality
Member since 2005 • 220 Posts

I only buy digital games when they're super cheap. I would never spend $60 on a digital game. $15 at most if it's digital only, but never $60. And the day digital becomes the only way to play new games,I will cry. I like having options.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

It's funny actually that while lemmings talk about clouds, hidden power and servers that are supposed to enhance online, it's Sony that is the first to actully do something real and tangible with their online solution this generation.

Just making a note.

The service itself could be a complete rip-off and not worth the price of admission...but Sony is still the one advancing first in this online area with consoles while MS sits on their heels looking in the cloulds.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By XboxDone74

@kinectthedots: u make too much sense.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Those who say it is going to be all digital make me sick... even if it is... don't go down without a fight. We fought back and Microsoft LOST we can keep physical media alive as long as WE DONT CAVE.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

A console that is only DD will not get my money. I will gladly give them the finger and stick to old consoles/games of yesteryear. There is thousands of games I have never played, I will be fine.