Gamespot doesnt EVEN BOTHER to review half of the quality titles on the Wii

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

[QUOTE="redfordo"]And who are you exactly to try and tell me what to do, and what possible reason would I listen? lol please.

redfordo

I like to think I offered you an option.

Let me offer you one:

No.

You've done it now. Just wait till I release the Rancor.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#52 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I guess it just perpetuates the idea that you can't compare the wii to the other consoles.............................................cause so many of the games don't get reviewed lol. Seriously though, who cares about gamespot when it comes to the wii? Just don't bother with them, makes your life easier. (well maybe not for SW purposes but that's beside the point)

ActicEdge

Well if they don't like the wii much i don't understand why they have a wii section >_>
We aren't forcing them to play the wii and if they don't like it, the fans won't use it.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

Gamespot really did become a second tier gaming site after the whole Gerstmann controversy. Alex Navarro, Jason Ocampo, Ryan Davis, Brad Shoemaker, and Vinny Caravella all left..and they were the big names on this site.

I only use Gamespot now because the forums are active unlike IGN

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
would you want to review a bunch of shovelware?????
Ewok432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ewok432
Member since 2006 • 425 Posts
i definitely agree that gamespot needs to take some accountability on their part and get their reviews out for quality titles like that. it is simply unacceptable that they would diminish the wii too the point that they just skip reviewing games. they are a review site and if they aren't doing they're job right then ish has to change. anyone who disagrees with the OP is simply being a fanboy and doesn't want the wii to have moar AAe's.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
yes, totally pathetic i agree.
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Just further proof that using GS for anything other than a means to post messages is pointless.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

[QUOTE="Bentham"]Gamspot still reviews games? This is certainly news to me. redfordo

Gamespot reviews pretty much everything that's not on the Wii.

if you think Wii games get ignored you should look at how much worse it is in PC section

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#59 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Could be because they're busy, understaffed, have lives outside of reviewing games...my thoughts would be that they're getting the easier games out of the way to put some time into those demanding games. I mean, don't be ungrateful, man. :( It will come soon. :)
walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
LOl wii games?
Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

LOl wii games?walkingdream

Yes.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

I guess it just perpetuates the idea that you can't compare the wii to the other consoles.............................................cause so many of the games don't get reviewed lol. Seriously though, who cares about gamespot when it comes to the wii? Just don't bother with them, makes your life easier. (well maybe not for SW purposes but that's beside the point)

ActicEdge
silly ActicEdge, obviousaly the entire world works on the principles and beliefs of System Wars :P
AppleBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AppleBlade
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts

[QUOTE="AppleBlade"][QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

I'm sure it's hard to sort through all the crap to find the gems that deserve to be reviewed.

ImaPirate0202

Not really. Just go to Metacritic and go down the list. Dawn of Discovery has an 83, Pro Evo Soccer 2009 has an 85, and Rune Factory: Frontier has an 80 average. Just to put things in perspective those games have higher Metacritic averages than Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed, and Prototype. Yet Gamespot has not reviewed any of them. I think it's pretty absurd for 3 games with review averages of 80 or higher which appear on the best-selling system do not get reviewed, especially consider that everyone loves to complain about the lack of quality titles on the Wii. If there really is such a lack, then it shouldn't be a problem reviewing the few quality games there are, right?

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think a reviewer should ever use other reviews to base his opinion. Seeing that a game got good reviews, then being let down could cause his opinion to be faltered. I'd rather they go into the game with a neutral mindset. I would figure the editors go by hype, rather than other reviews.

I never said anything about using other reviews to base their opinion. I was simply remarking on your comment that it must be hard to find the gems with all the shovelware on the system. Also you say that that a review could be let down if they saw a highly reviewed game and then played it well couldn't the same happen to highly hyped game? Finally, Dawn of Discovery might have been a sleeper gem, but Rune Factory Frontier and PES 09 were not. These were well known titles. There is no excuse to not review those two.
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

[QUOTE="Shielder7"]

[QUOTE="redfordo"]

As I stated it's not true. The Wii has alot more game releases than the other consoles in general, it should have many more reviews than them in 2009 as a result of it, but Gamespot misses the highest percentage of Wii reviews as well.

redfordo

Because shovelware doesn't need reviewed and crossed system games for the Xbox 360 and Ps3 really only need to be review once. Also 8 year olds & soccer moms i.e. "the casual gamer" don't usually read Game review sites, they get there game reviews from Susan ( the block watch captain) and her son Jimmy so why bother?

Jimmy says Mario's a fun game BTW

Anno, Rune Factory and PES 09 are all AA rated titles and are absolutely not shovelware by any terms of the definition. These are the games I am complaining about in terms of Gamespots missed reviews.

Than it's because 8 year olds and there Moms/Dads don't usually read game review sites + The Wii is really a last Gen system so who cares

Avatar image for sonicthemegaman
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 sonicthemegaman
Member since 2008 • 3783 Posts
[QUOTE="Shielder7"]

[QUOTE="redfordo"]

[QUOTE="Shielder7"]

Because shovelware doesn't need reviewed and crossed system games for the Xbox 360 and Ps3 really only need to be review once. Also 8 year olds & soccer moms i.e. "the casual gamer" don't usually read Game review sites, they get there game reviews from Susan ( the block watch captain) and her son Jimmy so why bother?

Jimmy says Mario's a fun game BTW

Anno, Rune Factory and PES 09 are all AA rated titles and are absolutely not shovelware by any terms of the definition. These are the games I am complaining about in terms of Gamespots missed reviews.

Than it's because 8 year olds and there Moms/Dads don't usually read game review sites + The Wii is really a last Gen system so who cares

A PS2 with motion controls. That's really all I can say about it.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#66 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I hate to sound like a fanboy here, but GS does seem to have some sort of anti-nintendo bias. They seem to take an unprofessional approach to their Nintendo coverage. They always call them the mario factory in their articles, even though tey do nothing similar for sony or MS, and they tend to ignore good wii games in order to focus on the crap people wouldn't buy anyway.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#67 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Maybe because Gamespot is awfully short on Editors to review enough games on time?hiphops_savior
Ok, but then couldn't they review Rune factory instead of Indiana Jones?

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

I hate to sound like a fanboy here, but GS does seem to have some sort of anti-nintendo bias. They seem to take an unprofessional approach to their Nintendo coverage. They always call them the mario factory in their articles, even though tey do nothing similar for sony or MS, and they tend to ignore good wii games in order to focus on the crap people wouldn't buy anyway.

BuryMe

Because the majority of Wii owners do not look up gaming sites.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
When did WII start getting quality titles?

Kind of difficult to compare consoles on this board when GS doesn't even bother to review half of the quality titles on Wii. Where are my reviews for Rune Factory Frontier, PES 09, Anno Dawn of Discovery ect., which are all quality titles receiving quality scores on other sites.

Even when we do get reviews they often come months after the fact like Cod WaW.

Ridiculous.

redfordo
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

They don't even bother to hire reviewers without bias against the PC.

Avatar image for scoobiesnackarf
scoobiesnackarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 scoobiesnackarf
Member since 2005 • 1559 Posts

Kind of difficult to compare consoles on this board when GS doesn't even bother to review half of the quality titles on Wii. Where are my reviews for Rune Factory Frontier, PES 09, Anno Dawn of Discovery ect., which are all quality titles receiving quality scores on other sites.

Even when we do get reviews they often come months after the fact like Cod WaW.

Ridiculous.

redfordo
Its Gamespot, are you actually surprised? The site that takes more than a week to review Tiger Woods 10 for Wii? The site that takes forever to review the big games and review games like "Hello Kitty, Welcome Home" the day it comes out. The same Gamespot that took the $$$ from companies for favorable reviews. Yes, that Gamespot. The same Gamespot that treats its visitors like 5 year olds. Oh shoot, I sense another *punishment* from the overlords of this website...
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

Because they don't want to waste their time on Shovelware!

:lol:

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#73 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts
Gamespot doesn't have all the staff they once had and simply can't give out editorial content like they could. Reviews are the LAST thing on their minds when they have this huge gaming site to keep running.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

[QUOTE="redfordo"]What does what you just said have to do with Gamespot treating the different consoles equally?

redfordo

This: If you don't like it, GTFO.

And who are you exactly to try and tell me what to do, and what possible reason would I listen? lol please.

Who are you to demand anything from gamespot? I dont see your payed subscription. Mate.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

Because they don't want to waste their time on Shovelware!

:lol:

jakehouston88

Actually they do want to waste there time on shovelware. That is all they are reviewing.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

They don't even bother to hire reviewers without bias against the PC.

foxhound_fox
and wii, but you got it. if the reviewer is not all about blowing teh "HD" consoles they have no home here. its a good hiring policy as gamespot needs to cater to its audience
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#78 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

There are other of sites out there that have the same credibility that review other Wii games. I've noticed that GS is late with all but the most high-profile releases for all of the systems. I would prefer that GS review lass shovel ware and more of the decent titles on the Wii, but they run their own website and make their own choices.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

jg4xchamp

silly ActicEdge, obviousaly the entire world works on the principles and beliefs of System Wars :P

Silly me, I wasn't thinking for a second :P I forgot that the world revolves around the sun and the sun revolves around SW thus keeping everything in perfect balance. If gamespot doesn't equal out the balance, we're all doomed !!!! :cry:

Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts

Your seeing the effects of Nintendo's disruptive strategy. Here's how Gamespot's opinion of the Wii works now:

"Dear lord, this system sucks. Why are we even bothering with this system? Sure it's got a huge userbase, but it doesn't have any games! And if it did have games, we'd have to suffer through more SD crap. Let's just review all the piss-poor titles to shed a negative light on the system."

Here's how Gamespot's opinion of the Wii SHOULD work, had they any business sense:

"Dear lord this system sucks. But look at the size of that userbase! We took a hit when we made the boneheaded decision to fire Jeff along with our integrity in the self-absorbed reviewing circle of the gaming press, but this is our chance at redemption! We may dislike the system, but if we can convert just a fraction of that userbase into Gamespot readers, we'll be rolling in dough and full of people that just plain don't CARE that we fired Jeff!"

See, GS, like most sites out there, is missing the elephant in the room: instead of viewing the system as garbage and writing it off, they should be holding the same view, but making a legitimate attempt at persuing the Wii gamer and converting them into a Gamespot reader.

'Cause, you know, that would just be smart, instead of it just being...dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#81 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Your seeing the effects of Nintendo's disruptive strategy. Here's how Gamespot's opinion of the Wii works now:

"Dear lord, this system sucks. Why are we even bothering with this system? Sure it's got a huge userbase, but it doesn't have any games! And if it did have games, we'd have to suffer through more SD crap. Let's just review all the piss-poor titles to shed a negative light on the system."

Here's how Gamespot's opinion of the Wii SHOULD work, had they any business sense:

"Dear lord this system sucks. But look at the size of that userbase! We took a hit when we made the boneheaded decision to fire Jeff along with our integrity in the self-absorbed reviewing circle of the gaming press, but this is our chance at redemption! We may dislike the system, but if we can convert just a fraction of that userbase into Gamespot readers, we'll be rolling in dough and full of people that just plain don't CARE that we fired Jeff!"

See, GS, like most sites out there, is missing the elephant in the room: instead of viewing the system as garbage and writing it off, they should be holding the same view, but making a legitimate attempt at persuing the Wii gamer and converting them into a Gamespot reader.

Dingerious

Or GS could hire someone who didn't think the Wii is garbage, and try to create a balanced review group that can look at things objectively. But of course, it's just a reflection of SW, which has so many biases, and most think the Wii is garbage. Things won't change.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Dingerious"]

jimkabrhel

Or GS could hire someone who didn't think the Wii is garbage, and try to create a balanced review group that can look at things objectively. But of course, it's just a reflection of SW, which has so many biases, and most think the Wii is garbage. Things won't change.

Most of the industry does not like the wii. Hiring people who do like the wii would be difficult enough as it is, which os part of why the gaming media with a view notable acceptions is complete garbage.

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#83 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
To all of those saying "All the wii has is shovelware. Har Har Har.": Look harder. There's a ton of good wii games. Sure they aren't the best graphically, but so what. I've never cared about graphics. I played GTA4 on my friend's PS3. Then I played on my wii. I never looked at and said "wow these graphics make the game instant shovelware." If you want to see some wii games that are already or even upcoming wii games you can check out the wii board.
smartcriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 smartcriminal
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Ha, i never knew you could use Wii and quality in the same sentence

smartcriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 smartcriminal

To all of those saying "All the wii has is shovelware. Har Har Har.": Look harder. There's a ton of good wii games. Sure they aren't the best graphically, but so what. I've never cared about graphics. I played GTA4 on my friend's PS3. Then I played on my wii. I never looked at and said "wow these graphics make the game instant shovelware." If you want to see some wii games that are already or even upcoming wii games you can check out the wii board.scar-hawk

your right the graphics dont make them instant shovelware, its the lack of quality titles and constant rehashes. I games catering to the adult audience, not zelda this or mario that or metroid prime something.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="scar-hawk"]To all of those saying "All the wii has is shovelware. Har Har Har.": Look harder. There's a ton of good wii games. Sure they aren't the best graphically, but so what. I've never cared about graphics. I played GTA4 on my friend's PS3. Then I played on my wii. I never looked at and said "wow these graphics make the game instant shovelware." If you want to see some wii games that are already or even upcoming wii games you can check out the wii board.smartcriminal

your right the graphics dont make them instant shovelware, its the lack of quality titles and constant rehashes. I games catering to the adult audience, not zelda this or mario that or metroid prime something.

You talk rehash yet have a rachet and clank picture in your sig. If you're going to make such basic unsupported statements atleast make sure you haven't contradicted yourself from the start.

smartcriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 smartcriminal

[QUOTE="smartcriminal"]

[QUOTE="scar-hawk"]To all of those saying "All the wii has is shovelware. Har Har Har.": Look harder. There's a ton of good wii games. Sure they aren't the best graphically, but so what. I've never cared about graphics. I played GTA4 on my friend's PS3. Then I played on my wii. I never looked at and said "wow these graphics make the game instant shovelware." If you want to see some wii games that are already or even upcoming wii games you can check out the wii board.ActicEdge

You talk rehash yet have a rachet and clank picture in your sig. If you're going to make such basic unsupported statements atleast make sure you haven't contradicted yourself from the start.

Seriously make a list of mario vs ratchet and clank games and i think it will be pretty clear which one is overkill. Other then Nintendos main games (mario etc etc) what actual new and exciting games does it have? Its a gimmick. There are heaps of Wiis sitting collecting dust in casuals houses because they realised what a joke it is

insomnia37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#88 insomnia37
Member since 2004 • 1442 Posts

Quality games.................on the wii?????????? What?!

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="smartcriminal"]

smartcriminal

Seriously make a list of mario vs ratchet and clank games and i think it will be pretty clear which one is overkill. Other then Nintendos main games (mario etc etc) what actual new and exciting games does it have? Its a gimmick. There are heaps of Wiis sitting collecting dust in casuals houses because they realised what a joke it is

put main line mario franchise vs R&C