Gamespot doesnt EVEN BOTHER to review half of the quality titles on the Wii

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redfordo
Member since 2009 • 262 Posts

Kind of difficult to compare consoles on this board when GS doesn't even bother to review half of the quality titles on Wii. Where are my reviews for Rune Factory Frontier, PES 09, Anno Dawn of Discovery ect., which are all quality titles receiving quality scores on other sites.

Even when we do get reviews they often come months after the fact like Cod WaW.

Ridiculous.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

Because gamespot are toobusy reviewing Indiana Jones and shovelware, thats all.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I guess it just perpetuates the idea that you can't compare the wii to the other consoles.............................................cause so many of the games don't get reviewed lol. Seriously though, who cares about gamespot when it comes to the wii? Just don't bother with them, makes your life easier. (well maybe not for SW purposes but that's beside the point)

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Eh, those games arent exactly the greatest examples to use.

The Conduit - thats what I'm anticipating (fingers crossed for AA)

Also, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom will probably be another AA. That seems to be the trend lately with Wii scores

Bentham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bentham
Member since 2008 • 1154 Posts
Gamspot still reviews games? This is certainly news to me.
redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 redfordo

Gamspot still reviews games? This is certainly news to me. Bentham
Gamespot reviews pretty much everything that's not on the Wii.

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

Eh, those games arent exactly the greatest examples to use.

The Conduit - thats what I'm anticipating (fingers crossed for AA)

Also, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom will probably be another AA. That seems to be the trend lately with Wii scores

TalesofRaGnArOk

the difference is, the conduit will get reviewed eventually

i'm still waiting for the Rune Factory review

have you guys been keeping up with Eurogamers Grand Slam Tennis review? it went from a 5 to an 8 , did GS forget to review the game with WMP also?

-PuLse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -PuLse
Member since 2009 • 538 Posts

Anno and Dawn of Discovery are the same game.

redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 redfordo

Anno and Dawn of Discovery are the same game.

-PuLse

Sorry the comma was a mistype.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
You think the Wii has it bad? Oh please, the PC has it ten times worse.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

I'm sure it's hard to sort through all the crap to find the gems that deserve to be reviewed.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#13 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Maybe because Gamespot is awfully short on Editors to review enough games on time?
Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hungry_Jello
Member since 2008 • 3024 Posts

Clickety Click made a list of all the games reviewed by each system and the Wii had the same amount as the others. This BS that the Wii doesnt get enough reviews is sheep dribble.

redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 redfordo

Maybe because Gamespot is awfully short on Editors to review enough games on time?hiphops_savior
That's really not my problem. If Gamespot doesn't have the diginity to properly staff their site rather than demote themselves to a second tier review source as a result of it, the honus is on them to fix it.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#16 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

Clickety Click made a list of all the games reviewed by each system and the Wii had the same amount as the others. This BS that the Wii doesnt get enough reviews is sheep dribble.

Hungry_Jello
It could also mean that Gamespot is desperate for writers to fill the void that Greissman and Navarro left when they left GS. Gamespot needs full time writers badly, and the overdue games for reviews proves it.
redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 redfordo

Hungry_Jello

Meaningless post for the win?

The Wii has A LOT more game releases in general than the 360 or PS3.

The point is that gamespot is missing Wii reviews or coming signifcantly later than the other consoles.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

Hungry_Jello
That's definitely true. However, wouldn't it be better to review "actual" games rather than Indy Jones, Up and Professor Heinz Wolff's Gravity >_> I would rather read a review for PES 2009 or Rune Factory. But, it is understandable that GS are not in the situation to review all the games that seem interesting.
redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 redfordo

[QUOTE="Hungry_Jello"]

SMR-Venom

That's definitely true. However, wouldn't it be better to review "actual" games rather than Indy Jones, Up and Professor Heinz Wolff's Gravity >_> I would rather read a review for PES 2009 or Rune Factory. But, it is understandable that GS are not in the situation to review all the games that seem interesting.

As I stated it's not true. The Wii has alot more game releases than the other consoles in general, it should have many more reviews than them in 2009 as a result of it, but Gamespot misses the highest percentage of Wii reviews as well.

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
Maybe because Gamespot is awfully short on Editors to review enough games on time?hiphops_savior
Quite right!
redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 redfordo

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]Maybe because Gamespot is awfully short on Editors to review enough games on time?-CheeseEater-
Quite right!

As I said,

That's really not my problem. If Gamespot doesn't have the diginity to properly staff their site rather than demote themselves to a second tier review source as a result of it, the honus is on them to fix it.

Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hungry_Jello
Member since 2008 • 3024 Posts

[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"][QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]Maybe because Gamespot is awfully short on Editors to review enough games on time?redfordo

Quite right!

As I said,

Stop complaining. Its not going to get you anywhere. If you dont like the way things go around here then leave. Noones stopping you. There are other gaming forums that might share your blurred opinion.

redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 redfordo

[QUOTE="redfordo"]

[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"] Quite right!Hungry_Jello

As I said,

Stop complaining. Its not going to get you anywhere. If you dont like the way things go around here then leave. Noones stopping you. There are other gaming forums that might share your blurred opinion.

Better yet, Stop telling me what to do. I have the right to complain if I want to and I'm going to whether you like it or not.

AppleBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AppleBlade
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts

I'm sure it's hard to sort through all the crap to find the gems that deserve to be reviewed.

ImaPirate0202
Not really. Just go to Metacritic and go down the list. Dawn of Discovery has an 83, Pro Evo Soccer 2009 has an 85, and Rune Factory: Frontier has an 80 average. Just to put things in perspective those games have higher Metacritic averages than Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed, and Prototype. Yet Gamespot has not reviewed any of them. I think it's pretty absurd for 3 games with review averages of 80 or higher which appear on the best-selling system do not get reviewed, especially consider that everyone loves to complain about the lack of quality titles on the Wii. If there really is such a lack, then it shouldn't be a problem reviewing the few quality games there are, right?
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Bah. The PC also doesn't get alot of exclusive and multiplat game reviews. I don't see other fellow hermits making threads and whining about this.

robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

In all fairness, with the amount of games that do get released on the Wii, I don't find it hard to believe that GS doesn't have time to review them.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

In all fairness, with the amount of games that do get released on the Wii, I don't find it hard to believe that GS doesn't have time to review them.

robobie
That is true, but they should have their priorities straight too. At least get the major titles out of the way before you review Indiana Jones >_>
Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

Bah. The PC also doesn't get alot of exclusive and multiplat game reviews. I don't see other fellow hermits making threads and whining about this.

glez13

We should though, the fact that is this happening is a major issue that should be corrected as fast as possible. being that some take these reviews as the final word to see if a game is worth of a purchase or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#29 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
There are a lot of games that don't get reviewed, but who cares? You'll probably complain regardless. In the end you're just going to resort to your own opinion and no one else's.
hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hy4k
Member since 2009 • 1790 Posts
i'd be patient i'm guessing reviews are coming
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

I find it ridiculous that the Wii is that diverse. One person thinks that some are quality titles. The other does not. They get everyone!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

Because you just called Harvest Moon a quality game.

[QUOTE="glez13"]

Oscar-Wilde

We should though, the fact that is this happening is a major issue that should be corrected as fast as possible. being that some take these reviews as the final word to see if a game is worth of a purchase or not.

That's because PC gaming is a joke. I used to be a PC gamer but I just couldn't do it while the 360/PS3 were getting all the exclusives and the PC gets a decent port of a multiplat once in a while. Anyways just download a game to "sample" it. If you like it buy it, if you don't like it then don't buy it. Its the perfect demo.

Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
Wii is kiddy and doesn't matter, anyway.OreoMilkshake
So are you.
robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

[QUOTE="robobie"]

SMR-Venom

That is true, but they should have their priorities straight too. At least get the major titles out of the way before you review Indiana Jones >_>

Agreed, they should pay attention to what the people on the forums are talking about and rate games that are getting good previews and multiplats. I don't think it's very fair to rate a game on one console and not rate it on the next.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"][QUOTE="Hungry_Jello"]

redfordo

As I stated it's not true. The Wii has alot more game releases than the other consoles in general, it should have many more reviews than them in 2009 as a result of it, but Gamespot misses the highest percentage of Wii reviews as well.

Oh, so they should cater to you and become Wiispot. lol
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

redfordo

Because shovelware doesn't need reviewed and crossed system games for the Xbox 360 and Ps3 really only need to be review once. Also 8 year olds & soccer moms i.e. "the casual gamer" don't usually read Game review sites, they get there game reviews from Susan ( the block watch captain) and her son Jimmy so why bother?

Jimmy says Mario's a fun game BTW

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ImaPirate0202

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

AppleBlade

Not really. Just go to Metacritic and go down the list. Dawn of Discovery has an 83, Pro Evo Soccer 2009 has an 85, and Rune Factory: Frontier has an 80 average. Just to put things in perspective those games have higher Metacritic averages than Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed, and Prototype. Yet Gamespot has not reviewed any of them. I think it's pretty absurd for 3 games with review averages of 80 or higher which appear on the best-selling system do not get reviewed, especially consider that everyone loves to complain about the lack of quality titles on the Wii. If there really is such a lack, then it shouldn't be a problem reviewing the few quality games there are, right?

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think a reviewer should ever use other reviews to base his opinion. Seeing that a game got good reviews, then being let down could cause his opinion to be faltered. I'd rather they go into the game with a neutral mindset. I would figure the editors go by hype, rather than other reviews.

redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 redfordo

[QUOTE="redfordo"]

Shielder7

Because shovelware doesn't need reviewed and crossed system games for the Xbox 360 and Ps3 really only need to be review once. Also 8 year olds & soccer moms i.e. "the casual gamer" don't usually read Game review sites, they get there game reviews from Susan ( the block watch captain) and her son Jimmy so why bother?

Jimmy says Mario's a fun game BTW

Anno, Rune Factory and PES 09 are all AA rated titles and are absolutely not shovelware by any terms of the definition. These are the games I am complaining about in terms of Gamespots missed reviews.

redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 redfordo

[QUOTE="redfordo"]

[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"] That's definitely true. However, wouldn't it be better to review "actual" games rather than Indy Jones, Up and Professor Heinz Wolff's Gravity >_> I would rather read a review for PES 2009 or Rune Factory. But, it is understandable that GS are not in the situation to review all the games that seem interesting.rolo107

How about catering to all consoles equally and not demonstrating bias? Or is that the kind of journalism that comforts you?

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ImaPirate0202

[QUOTE="rolo107"][QUOTE="redfordo"]As I stated it's not true. The Wii has alot more game releases than the other consoles in general, it should have many more reviews than them in 2009 as a result of it, but Gamespot misses the highest percentage of Wii reviews as well.

redfordo

How about catering to all consoles equally and not demonstrating bias? Or is that the kingd of journalism that comforts you?

It comforts me perfectly because if Gamespot doesn't review it, then I look on different sites. Problem solved.

redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 redfordo

[QUOTE="redfordo"]

[QUOTE="rolo107"] Oh, so they should cater to you and become Wiispot. lolImaPirate0202

How about catering to all consoles equally and not demonstrating bias? Or is that the kingd of journalism that comforts you?

It comforts me perfectly because if Gamespot doesn't review it, then I look on different sites. Problem solved.

What does what you just said have to do with Gamespot treating the different consoles equally?

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
You think the Wii has it bad? Oh please, the PC has it ten times worse.Vandalvideo
Yep, it took them nearly a month to review WOTLK. :lol:
redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 redfordo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]You think the Wii has it bad? Oh please, the PC has it ten times worse.princeofshapeir

At least it was reviewed. I cant say the same for many Wii titles.

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ImaPirate0202

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

[QUOTE="redfordo"]How about catering to all consoles equally and not demonstrating bias? Or is that the kingd of journalism that comforts you?

redfordo

What does what you just said have to do with Gamespot treating the different consoles equally?

This: If you don't like it, GTFO.

redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 redfordo

[QUOTE="redfordo"]

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

ImaPirate0202

And who are you exactly to try and tell me what to do, and what possible reason would I listen? lol please.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]You think the Wii has it bad? Oh please, the PC has it ten times worse.redfordo

At least it was reviewed. I cant say the same for many Wii titles.

Yeah, but imagine if they held off reviewing a big game like New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Super Mario Galaxy 2 for a month. That's how it was with WOTLK. Their review in the end for WOTLK was terrible anyway - it scored lower than Burning Crusade, and it is universally agreed that WOTLK is the better expansion.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ImaPirate0202

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

[QUOTE="redfordo"]What does what you just said have to do with Gamespot treating the different consoles equally?

redfordo

And who are you exactly to try and tell me what to do, and what possible reason would I listen? lol please.

I like to think I offered you an option.

redfordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 redfordo

[QUOTE="redfordo"]

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

ImaPirate0202

I like to think I offered you an option.

Let me offer you one:

No.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19584 Posts

That's because PC gaming is a joke. I used to be a PC gamer but I just couldn't do it while the 360/PS3 were getting all the exclusives and the PC gets a decent port of a multiplat once in a while. Anyways just download a game to "sample" it. If you like it buy it, if you don't like it then don't buy it. Its the perfect demo.

ColdP1zza

PCs still get the most quality exclusive titles (check the lists), and most 360 exclusives wind up on the PC sooner or later, so I don't really see your point.
And why don't you just download demos instead of illegally downloading the full games? That's what they're for.

Anyway, I agree with the TC - Gamespot is really lagging behind with their reviews, and basically only focus on getting their big-name 360/PS3 titles out 'on time'.