Gamepass compared with PS Plus +PS Now

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

The Gamepass wank has gotten a bit thick around here. Seems a lot of fans are hiding behind the potential for Gamepass, not what it's currently offering. It's being used as a crutch of a talking point when being compared to PS5. Unlike Microsoft, Sonys games actually sell so they don't have to give away developers new games for pennies on the dollar before they have a chance to sell. It's like bringing a movie direct to Netflix instead of letting it flourish in theaters.

Despite not offering day one exclusives (Which Xbox's pale in comparison to Playstation's anyway based on sales AND reviews ) PS Plus and PS Now offer as much to play as Gamepass does RIGHT Now, for less money. Here's a list of games for PS Now, all available for DOWNLOAD

https://culturedvultures.com/playstation-now-ps4-games-list/

That doesn't even include what is available in the PS Plus collection for PS5

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-ps-plus-collection-games-on-ps5

Top this off with new Plus games every month and it should be easy to see the value. FF7 remake just released on it. It's a whole different ball game from Games with Gold.

Here's what's offered on Gamepass for more money a month, excluding those that got the 1 dollar deal.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-game-pass-games-list-this-month-price-6400

Looking at those lists, remind me how Gamepass is "the best deal in gaming"? Gamepass is just better marketed because it's all Microsoft has to stand on at this point. Sony could combine Plus and Now and rebrand it but they offer options instead of making a subscription the main selling point of their brand. People still think PS Now is streaming only. Seems many are falling for MS 'smoke and mirrors.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

Wow you are sad

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Another cow meltdown thread 🙄

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sagemode87

@theam0g said:

Another cow meltdown thread 🙄

Another overused word on these boards. I back up my stance with links and it's a "meltdown". Pick up a dictionary please. Dispute my point or go away.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sagemode87
@Duckyindiana said:

Wow you are sad

Care to explain?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Sony has nothing to counter gamepass. The sooner you get this through your tick skull, the better. As a cow, i accepted this.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Duckyindiana

@Sagemode87: You wrote all that purely because because GP is getting a lot of talk and good news. And as a cow you couldn’t take it.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

Game Pass is astroturfed MS shit for broke Xbox gamers. That's why they hype it so much. Most Sony gamers gave two shits about PSNow. Then again, lems hype ANYthing when it comes to Xbox, even shit no one cares about. Maybe they can hype all those dusty Series S consoles off the shelves.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sagemode87

@hardwenzen said:

Sony has nothing to counter gamepass. The sooner you get this through your tick skull, the better. As a cow, i accepted this.

Gamepass doesn't have to be countered. Last time I checked hardware /software sales and revenue PS5 is besting Series consoles. After last gen and how this gen is going, MS has to counter PS5. Did you even read the thread and links? Gamepass is being judged on its potential, not what it's currently offering.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sagemode87

@Duckyindiana said:

@Sagemode87: You wrote all that purely because because GP is getting a lot of talk and good news. And as a cow you couldn’t take it.

What is talk and good news equating to? PS5 has more mindshare by a country mile. Couldn't take what? I'm just addressing this narrative that Gamepass is "the best deal in gaming". My links show that it's currently not. A vocal minority is hyping it as the best thing since sliced bread. As you can't refute my points or links, I'm guessing you can't take it.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Duckyindiana

@Sagemode87: According to a lot of gaming media it is the best deal around. But the fact it triggered you so much you hate to type all that is hilarious

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Damn, Gamepass occupying cows minds 24/7

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I love how hard cows are struggling to cope with Gamepass. That's like what the 10th similar thread in one month?

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Umm how is that better?? None of the Sony’s heavy hitters is available on ps now... looked after a few of them and at least Ghost of tsunami, god of war and TLOU1 and 2, isn’t even on the service... give MS all the crap you want but at least the release their big games day one! Sony only have a bunch of crap games in a vain attempt to compete with game pass!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

As a PS5 owner I wish they had Gamepass equivalent across the PS5 and PC.

Sony has nothing to compete and the op doesn't know what they are talking about.

Even PS+ and PS Now cant compete with GamePass never mind considering Xbox gold free games.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

What is this, the third or forth thread on the subject from you?

It's a little rich that you're calling out Gamepass for running off potential when potential is what the PS5 is running off. Barely any current gen games, barely any big hitters until next year. No longer outperforming the Xbox Series X in multiplats...

And your only counter to Gamepass is "YESSSS WE GET TO PAY FULL PRICE FOR GAMES BECAUSE THEY SELL".

It's a little sad. It just sounds insecure and desperate. You're not going to convince anyone.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@i_p_daily said:

Damn, Gamepass occupying cows minds 24/7

Because what they say on the outside about their PS5 obviously isn't how they feel. They are insecure that outside of sales, Xbox is doing pretty well and they know it. Poor excuses is all they have left.

Can you imagine having to feign excitement about paying full price per game because your console doesn't have a Gamepass? "YESSS, I'M PAYING £70 PER GAME... TAKE THAT GAMEPASS".

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

The bovine brigade's GP insecurity is off the charts these dayzz.

I almost, almost mind you feel sorry for the lil fellers. lol :P

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@theam0g: ok is he wrong about it and what’s wrong in his post?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

GamePass is really getting under Sony fannies skin. I don't appreciate the competition.😎

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@Sagemode87: Simple way to answer your question...by asking you one.

Do you subscribe to psnow? If you don’t, why not....and would you subscribe if Sony released games day one on psnow, as well as releasing all Bethesda games day one on psnow, as well as releasing EA games on psnow, as well as including psnow for pc with games going as far back as ps1 available for download?

Don’t shift goalposts....just answer the question as it’s asked.

The problem with psnow is that it’s just not that appealing....which is why only around 2 percent of ps owners subscribe, compared to around 15 percent of Xbox owners.

If psnow were as good as you think it is, there would be lems posting questions about whether psnow is really that good. As it is, psnow is in a distant second place when it comes to quality and value for money.....not having a single ps5 game available on psnow says it all really.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-628e6669daebe

Can't wait for the next thread from this user. "Gamepass smells like poo poo"

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HalcyonScarlet

@sealionact: Exactly. And the PS3 games with dedicated servers have had them long shut down now, so online function is gone. PS2 games haven't aged well...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

PS Now has Game Pass beat in almost every way, I'm surprised this bothers you more TC despite we all know Game Pass is underrated. But for a PC gamer like me, it serves its purpose from time to time as I don't need to play MS games on their console and just straight up play'em on PC.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Duckyindiana

@davillain-: How does PS now have Gamepass beat in almost every way?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@Duckyindiana said:

@davillain-: How does PS now have Gamepass beat in almost every way?

It all falls down what games you wanna play the most. PS Now for its streaming service gives it an edge over Game Pass depending how good is your Wi-Fi of course and PS Now has better games and a broader selection including things like all of Metal Gear Solid, but that's not as exciting as having some modern mediocre game on release like Battletoads hence PS Now beats in almost in every way. Yes Game Pass has some huge high quality games but most of the library is filled out with generic titles but at the same time, MS is actually gonna catch up to PS Now cause as of now, Sony isn't being aggressive as MS when it comes to their service. It's clear that MS has heavily invested in Game Pass but the real question is, can they get AAA titles more? Only time would tell.

Like I said to TC, kinda surprised this is getting him even though Game Pass is kinda lagging behind. He should be praising/bragging PS Now if you ask me.

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

@Sagemode87: First of all, the only way PSPlus+PSNow is cheaper than Game Pass Ultimate is if you pay annually for both PS+ and PSNow. In every other scenario, Game Pass Ultimate is cheaper than getting both PS services.

Secondly, PS Plus and PS Now only give you access to PS2/PS3/PS4 console games on PlayStation consoles (or streaming on Windows PCs). Game Pass Ultimate gives you access to Xbox games from every Xbox generation (including current gen) as well as tons of PC games, with many Xbox games playable streaming on mobile (Windows coming soon).

Thirdly, Game Pass Ultimate also includes Game Pass Quests (Microsoft Rewards points to get things like gift cards) and Perks, such as six months free Spotify, one month free Disney+, tons of free in-game items and more.

Fourthly, that list of Game Pass games you linked completely omits almost all EA Play games, on both Xbox and PC. I just downloaded SimCity 2000, one of my favorite games ever, through EA Play on PC via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. All the Battlefield games. All the Dragon Age games. All the Mass Effect games. Tons of Need For Speed games. Tons of Fifa and Madden games. All the Star Wars games. Tons of Sims games (SimCity, etc). All the Dead Space games. All the Crysis games. All the Medal of Honor games. All included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. You wanna talk about quality AAA games, there you go.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

everyone is talking about gamepass..(just look at this thread) hah

if you get emotional about gamepass,then your a one system sad act with emotional feelings towards that system(ps)...there is on or two cures for this..buy a series s as a 2nd console and become a real gamer...or put your hands on either side of your head...and give it a f%#king good shake

hah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@davillain-: "having some modern mediocre game on release like Battletoads"

Dude wtf, last year you had Streets of Rage 4, Ori 2, Desperados 3, Doom Eternal, NBA2K21, Destiny 2, Gears Tactics, MSFS2020, Wasteland 3, and a ton of other stuff released in 2020 on Gamepass but for some reason you pick Battletoads??

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Dude wtf, last year you had Streets of Rage 4, Ori 2, Desperados 3, Doom Eternal, NBA2K21, Destiny 2, Gears Tactics, MSFS2020, Wasteland 3, and a ton of other stuff released in 2020 on Gamepass but for some reason you pick Battletoads??

lets also forget the hundreds of shovelware on psnow

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos:

I suspect he was trolling but....

He does harbor a yuuuge inner cow and perhaps he let it our for a sec. to say.... Moooooo. lol :P

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

Oh, and another thing: with Game Pass Ultimate, you don't just get access to Microsoft Game Studios titles on day one, you also get access to all of the DLC for those titles. And in some titles (Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5), they were on Game Pass Ultimate four days before they went on sale. Expect more of that in the future. Just think, getting a game like Avowed 4 days early with all the DLC included.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Game Pass is an absolutely fantastic deal in my opinion. Getting Microsoft Studio Games on the day of release is an amazing deal because there’s a good amount of them that I really enjoy. Hell Halo, Forza, and Gears makes it worthwhile for me on those alone. Not only that but there’s also plenty of great third party games that I enjoy on the service currently as well. The service is fantastic to me now and with all these studios have now it’s just going to be even more amazing in the future.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sagemode87

@HalcyonScarlet: How is Xbox doing really well? It has worse games, is selling worse, has less mindshare. What metrics are you basing your points on?

@i_p_daily: It's all Lems talk about. Addressing your misguided hype doesn't mean anyone is thinking about it 24/7, save the hyperbole.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@Sagemode87: how did you measure the mindshare?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sagemode87

@hitmanactual said:

This fucking idiot TC complained about Lems making all these gamepass threads, even though they are always made by cows. Said idiot then proceeds to make a thread about Gamepass. What a fucking clown. MS got cows losing their minds. TC in particular losing his shit daily.

It's as sad as it is funny.

LOL gtfo, I'm barely on here. Loosing my shit daily? I would make links showing all the Lems making gamepass threads but it would just be ignored the same way my links are that's showing proof Gamepass is smoke and mirrors. Lems will ignore and just say I'm having a meltdown. Keep it classy. Must've said something that got under your skin for you to get so mad lol.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sagemode87
@Archangel3371 said:

Game Pass is an absolutely fantastic deal in my opinion. Getting Microsoft Studio Games on the day of release is an amazing deal because there’s a good amount of them that I really enjoy. Hell Halo, Forza, and Gears makes it worthwhile for me on those alone. Not only that but there’s also plenty of great third party games that I enjoy on the service currently as well. The service is fantastic to me now and with all these studios have now it’s just going to be even more amazing in the future.

Okay getting things day and date is cool, but what have they offered? Gears 5? The Medium? The PS5 Plus collection alone stomps on that, PS Now not even needed.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sagemode87

@sts106mat said:
@Sagemode87 said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Okay getting things day and date is cool, but what have they offered? Gears 5? The Medium? The PS5 Plus collection alone stomps on that, PS Now not even needed.

NEW OLD

You're honestly going to say old doesn't matter when 99 percent of Gamepass is "OLD"? So The Medium alone is worth Gamepass admission?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@Sagemode87: Umm yeah. They have way more then just those two on there. Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Horizon 4, Gears Tactics, Gears 5 Hivebusters dlc, Killer Instinct Definitive Edition, Hellblade, etc., etc. There’s a plethora of great games on the service.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sagemode87
@gym_lion said:

@Sagemode87: how did you measure the mindshare?

Are we really going to pretend Playstation isn't way bigger than Xbox? PS4 outsold Xbox One 2 to 1. PS5 numbers are double Series X. PS5 is way more talked about in media and has more announced games. Live in a fantasy world if you want.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaVillain  Moderator

@thedork_knight said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

lets also forget the hundreds of shovelware on psnow

Like I said, it all falls down what you want to play.