Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

A Narrative Of Sony And PS5 As ‘Anti-Consumer’ Is Starting To Take Shape

All Microsoft’s efforts to paint themselves as “pro-consumer” are starting to bear fruit, while Sony, staying with the industry standards or even moving in the opposite direction, is starting to feel a little “anti-consumer” to some potential players in contrast.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/09/24/a-narrative-of-sony-and-ps5-as-anti-consumer-is-starting-to-take-shape

Do you agree or disagree?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

You hear that???

This should be good lol.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Xbots are like Biden supporters at this point.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Yeah, I would say that I agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah, I would say that I agree.

Me too. That's why I'm getting a DE PS5 and will only get exclusive PS5 content that isn't available elsewhere. Xbox Series X is for all my heavy lifting. :D

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Isn’t Spider-Man Remastered different from games that use smart delivery?

in that I mean it’s not just uping the framerates and resolution?

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

Cows are gonna be furious and turn it back to Microsoft somehow 😂

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Forbes making articles on twitter memes now.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#9  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Well, I would say Sony aren't doing anything that wasn't deemed "industry standard" or "acceptable" in the past - it's just that consumer perception have shifted, no doubt partially helped along by Microsoft, but they are not the only factor.

As I like to say; "absolute stagnation equals effective regression." When other people move on and you remain stagnant, you're going to look like you've regressed, even if you've merely been standing still.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Paul Tassi is arguably one of the better game journalists out there, it is worth considering for a second what he is saying.

As for the topic, I sort of agree; MS has been putting in real effort to show that they are serious about gaming. It might not always be impressive (Halo: Infinite, for example), but it's tangible.

Sony, on the other hand, seems to just coast on the reputation of preceding consoles and their rabid fanbase. Hype and less tangible.

Either way I think this generation will be good.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Not going to read it, but can someone bullet their reasons?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Well lets see.

PS+ is still $60 year right? Plus there adding PS+ collection for PS5 owners etc.

XBL Gold got price hiked to $100 year and as adding no games for X-Series owners etc.

You can play free to play games on Nintendo Switch and Playstation for free without a subscription. You have to buy gold if you want to play the big free games like fortnite and warzone on X-Series.

You cannot upgrade the physical version of CoD Cold War to upgrade to X-Series X version so you have to rebuy the game for $70 to upgrade. On PS5 there is an upgrade plan for physical owners to upgrade for $10 savings of 60 dollars.

PSVR will work with an adapter and your PSVR games will work ON PS5

Kinect will not work nor will your kinect games work on X-Series

X-Series owners also have to buy AA batteries, Rechargeable batteries, or a Play and Charge Kit to continue to use their controllers once the first AA batteries die out.

PS now lets you play all those games online for free

Xbox Game Pass you need Ultimate or live to play those online and Gamepass 120 and PS now 60 for the year.

Xbox X-Series will not support 21:9 ultrawide settings like 99% of the PC games on steam do you're paying more and getting less support.

This is just some of anti consumer stuff Microsoft has done compared to Sony's stances.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@briguyb13:

Both are been anticonsumer, MS hiding free to play games behind a paywall is not pro consumer,neither is selling a over priced proprietary drive or not including a damn pair of rechargeable batteries in 2020.

Not to mention PS now allow you to play online free, gamepass requires ultimate for that which is more expensive.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@tormentos said:

@briguyb13:

Both are been anticonsumer, MS hiding free to play games behind a paywall is not pro consumer,neither is selling a over priced proprietary drive or not including a damn pair of rechargeable batteries in 2020.

Not to mention PS now allow you to play online free, gamepass requires ultimate for that which is more expensive.

Wait, what?

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

I have a feeling Spiderman MM is probably shorter then what people are expecting. Shorter then UC LL type of thing. They are trying to make the ps5 upgrade not free to add value to it. While at the same time tying it to another version of Spiderman MM before the game is even out. The shit is confusing as hell.

Sony has talent but man the new folks that are running the show are trying there best to squander it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Chutebox said:

> Sonys somewhat convoluted approach to Spodermen vs. how MS is pushing Smart Delivery.

That bit was actually funny since I don't keep up with fanboy shit outside this forum. MS got a solid dunk in.

> Sony talking $70 games and half assing PS Now while MS is pushing Gamepass hard.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

More mainstream sites should write articles about it. What they're doing is unacceptable. And no, adding RT is not worth $40+ or whatever they're charging, that's just a ripoff.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69473 Posts
Dis goin be gud😂
Dis goin be gud😂

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

I completely disagree.

One narrative that I hate is the GamePass narrative. Yeah, getting all of those games for a low monthly price is great but it doesn't change the fact that most AAA games cost a ton of money to make and are worth charging $60/70. No one is anti consumer for charging you that price for a game.

It'll be fun to see when folks aren't willing to pay more than $5 for multi million dollar budget games. Have fun making that work.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

rechargeable batteries in 2020

amazon your friend on that.

one thing not mention

big m gives free unlimited cloud compare to sony.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I completely disagree.

One narrative that I hate is the GamePass narrative. Yeah, getting all of those games for a low monthly price is great but it doesn't change the fact that most AAA games cost a ton of money to make and are worth charging $60/70. No one is anti consumer for charging you that price for a game.

It'll be fun to see when folks aren't willing to pay more than $5 for multi million dollar budget games. Have fun making that work.

How is that any of the consumer's concern? Is it our job to worry about the company's profits, or our own savings?

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

More like Trump supporters lol

[In Trump's Voice]

"We have no games...but we don't need any because Sony will go away in a few months and no one will notice"

"Playstations are a hoax. They're fake news"

"Who needs exclusives when we horsepower. We have the horsepower"

Months Later...

"Only 200K American's have purchased an Xbox One. Those are great numbers... We're doing a wonderful job"

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro  Online

I see the usual suspects are trying to hide that they are being triggered. 😂

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@briguyb13: Disagree. I couldn't get a free Mario Kart upgrade from my Wii U to Switch versions. Same for Pokken, BoTW or any other Wii U version but does that make Nintendo anti consumer?

Of course not. It's business. Simple as that. You want the new version for the new console, buy it again or enjoy your previous purchase.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Sony is just doing what console makers have been doing for several generations now.

MS just made good moves by changing the narrative and the general public’s perceived value on AAA games.

MS disrupted the market and is making Sony look old, confused and out of touch. And It’s working.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@louixiii said:

@briguyb13: Disagree. I couldn't get a free Mario Kart upgrade from my Wii U to Switch versions. Same for Pokken, BoTW or any other Wii U version but does that make Nintendo anti consumer?

Of course not. It's business. Simple as that. You want the new version for the new console, buy it again or enjoy your previous purchase.

Make your own thread about Nintendo or Microsoft. This is "whataboutism" and weaksauce deflection. This thread is about Sony's anti-consumer practices.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro  Online
@briguyb13 said:

How is that any of the consumer's concern? Is it our job to worry about the company's profits, or our own savings?

That is the thing about shills, they care a lot about the profits of a company over their best interest.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

Bunch of crying babies..........i won't even bother. Tho i will say that what sony is doing isn't anti consumer, people just expect too much for too little. Expecially because of what desperate MS is doing...it isn't going to pay off, trust me.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NathanDrakeSwag

@Pedro said:
@briguyb13 said:

That is the thing about shills, they care a lot about the profits of a company over their best interest.

I'm glad you finally admit to being a shill 😇

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro  Online

@NathanDrakeSwag: Triggered again. 😂

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@Pedro said:
@briguyb13 said:

Every time we are about to get new consoles I see this kind of behavior everywhere, and I always wonder how much these posters are getting paid to do corp work.

@fastnslowww said:

Bunch of crying babies..........i won't even bother. Tho i will say that what sony is doing isn't anti consumer, people just expect too much for too little. Expecially because of what desperate MS is doing...it isn't going to pay off, trust me.

That's about the last thing I'd ever do, no offense.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro  Online

@briguyb13 said:

Every time we are about to get new consoles I see this kind of behavior everywhere, and I always wonder how much these posters are getting paid to do corp work.

They don't get paid. The gaming industry has foster this stupid behavior for decades now. Even journalist participate and perpetuate the nonsense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

I bet shortly after launch, Sony will announce PS5 versions of TLoU2 and Ghost of Tsushima for the low low price of $70 each. :D

@Pedro said:
@briguyb13 said:

They don't get paid. The gaming industry has foster this stupid behavior for decades now. Even journalist participate and perpetuate the nonsense.

At least it's entertaining. :P

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen  Online

I can't believe some are defending this horseshit.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Sony is very anti consumer when compared to recent Xbox moves. Spiderman sold a damn lot and that profit could easily cover a team to do a free upgrade but nope, lets lock this game to a premium edition of an Expansion that will come to PS4 as well. These Japanese company like Sony and Nintendo sure is greedy.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By daredevils2k  Online
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I feel Sony should charge 10 bucks (free is better ) for people (like myself) who own Spiderman to be able to upgrade. No way I"m going to spend 70 bucks for a game that I've already own.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NathanDrakeSwag

@daredevils2k said:

I feel Sony should charge 10 bucks (free is better ) for people (like myself) who own Spiderman to be able to upgrade. No way I"m going to spend 70 bucks for a game that I've already own.

You own Miles Morales?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By daredevils2k  Online
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@daredevils2k said:

You own Miles Morales?

nope, but in order for me to play the newer version of Spiderman , I have to fork 70 bucks, when I already forked over 60 for the same exact game. Look if MM can be bought on the PS4 and upgraded to the PS5 for free, then what is stopping Spider*man from doing the same?

We all know I"m a die hard cow, but I'm not going to defend something that I feel is anti consumer.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@louixiii said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

More like Trump supporters lol

[In Trump's Voice]

"We have no games...but we don't need any because Sony will go away in a few months and no one will notice"

"Playstations are a hoax. They're fake news"

"Who needs exclusives when we horsepower. We have the horsepower"

Months Later...

"Only 200K American's have purchased an Xbox One. Those are great numbers... We're doing a wonderful job"

You got triggered.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@tormentos said:

@briguyb13:

Wait, what?

Welcome to the fantasy world of the cud loving bovines.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Haha cows, the System Wars clowns, are showing how clueless some of them are for their daily damage control and meltdowns. What a bunch of losers. MS got some of them shook pretty bad, it's glorious.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Why are you not reading it? Upset on what the article say?

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

Serving top-notch French cuisine at a price that is worth it is not an anti-consumer approach, and selling junk food in bulk with a "food pass" for a monthly fee (which is not so cheap in a long run) is not always a pro-consumer approach.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@Pedro said:
@briguyb13 said:

@fastnslowww said:

That's about the last thing I'd ever do, no offense.

Elaborate young man.....

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

While I do blame Xbox and Sony for conditioning people to think if everything isn't free (or nearly free) that it's a problem, that expectation is ridiculous, and isn't even in the realm of "anti-consumer."

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen  Online

@dimebag667 said:

While I do blame Xbox and Sony for conditioning people to think if everything isn't free (or nearly free) that it's a problem, that expectation is ridiculous, and isn't even in the realm of "anti-consumer."

You're buying a new console. That's $500. Who said its free?

You get a new gpu and expect better performance for FREE because you've already spent money to get the performance boost. I expect the same from consoles (not in every game obviously) because they're essentially pc's now.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@briguyb13: It’s pretty obvious PS5 customers are getting shafted in a lot of areas. But credit to those cows, they will get in line and do exactly what they are told by Sony.

Jim Ryan is the rat king and all these lil Sony Ponies hold on to his every word. Love seeing Jim lie and I love seeing cows damage control and twist everything for him. I mean, they are excited about being changed $70 for Spider Man again lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@st_monica said:

Serving top-notch French cuisine at a price that is worth it is not an anti-consumer approach, and selling junk food in bulk with a "food pass" for a monthly fee (which is not so cheap in a long run) is not always a pro-consumer approach.

^ And this is exactly the kind of brand loyalty Sony is depending on, right here.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Yeah I won't be buying enhanced versions of TLOU 2 (which I bought two times already due to delivery issues) and Tsushima just to try them out. Getting the PS5 version of Miles Morales.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Biden doesn't have supporters.