For people who say FF7 remake is not a complete game..

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll For people who say FF7 remake is not a complete game.. (85 votes)

I'm ok with FF7 remake being split up. 35%
I dislike this idea. 65%

What's the difference between that and a game like FF13, which had three iterations? Or something like FFX and FFX-2? It seems acceptable to me that they can break the game up as long as each iteration is a game in its own way. The original game was a 60 hour adventure. The new remake will be much more than that. Am I right, SW? Or do you not have faith in Square delivering a complete experience with multiple releases?

• 
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Yeah, those are entirely different. They were fully-fledged games on release, with a beginning/middle/end to the narrative. The rest were sequels. We already know what happens in FF7, thus we know we won't get the complete story in a single game. Now, that being said, SE should be commended for how they've fleshed out the portion of the game we will be playing, but it's definitely not the same as the examples you gave.

As for the poll, I dislike the way the game is being released, and would love a re-telling in a single game (maybe with some small added parts,) as opposed to waiting multiple years to experience the full FF7 story.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I think that those aren’t really comparable especially Final Fantasy X-2 as that was a straight up sequel. However having said that I am perfectly fine with how they are doing Final Fantasy VII Remake because of the scope of the remake and how they are expanding and adding in portions of things that were never seen in the original.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Yeah, those are entirely different. They were fully-fledged games on release, with a beginning/middle/end to the narrative. The rest were sequels. We already know what happens in FF7, thus we know we won't get the complete story in a single game. Now, that being said, SE should be commended for how they've fleshed out the portion of the game we will be playing, but it's definitely not the same as the examples you gave.

As for the poll, I dislike the way the game is being released, and would love a re-telling in a single game (maybe with some small added parts,) as opposed to waiting multiple years to experience the full FF7 story.

It's a valid point, but do you think this game won't have a beginning, middle, and end to it? It may not be the end of the narrative, but to your point, since we know how it ends, isn't it even more exciting that we get new content that will surprise us long time fans?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

It's a valid point, but do you think this game won't have a beginning, middle, and end to it? It may not be the end of the narrative, but to your point, since we know how it ends, isn't it even more exciting that we get new content that will surprise us long time fans?

In terms of story? Not really. A lot happens in Midgar, which is why the characters head out into the world where the rest of the story takes place. It had a decent end-off for Midgar in the original, but we know much of the story is still left to unfold.

Like I said, SE should be commended for really working to fully-flesh-out Midgar, but I probably would have preferred a blow-by-blow of the original with the full story, along with some new minor elements sprinkled in.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

FF13's sequels benefit from the fact that people feel like they got a conclusive story from FF13. Even if it's complete shit. FF7 we know better because we already know the story, and we know the story doesn't end at the bad guy kills Aeris. It would end on a cliff hanger so to speak. Ergo part 1 is going to make the narrative feel unfinished.

That said the game can definitely be fleshed out to be a meatier experience, and story is not how anyone should judge their video game anyway. The game actually would be a huge undertaking, as most seem to forget all the mini game shit and places you go in FF7, and how much of a time consuming technical undertaking it would be. Much less with a new battle system, and it being Japan it actually has a chance of being fun to play, unlike say The Witcher 3, which sucks.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

It's a complete game but it's only the first part in the whole story. (that will go on with successive games) You can consider it more or less like a Legend of Heroes games or Xenosaga episode. Lets say that, this remake is not 1:1 with the OG and even if the key points in the original story won't be changed, the whole thing is deeply expanded and reimagined in some of it's parts.

In ways, it's getting "the Hobbit" treatment, (love that movie btw) it's an embellished retelling of FFVIIs story. As @lundy86_4 stated, I don't like the idea of FF7 Remake is being release like this, I want it all in a single game completion but SE want to sell it to you anyway. When FF7 Remake is release this April 2020, it could be a very long time like maybe 2-4 years before we get part 2 of the game. That's the main issue I have. I wish SE have a time table when other parts of the game is ready to be release.

Edit: Voted: I dislike this idea. But I will say this. Whenever it comes to Steam for $20/30, I'll consider picking it up.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Let's put it this way - the remake is FF7: Disc 1. They can flesh it out as much as they like - it's still only a fraction of the full story.

It feels like an unnecessary cash-in, just like the Hobbit movies.

I also strongly dislike that Square Enix has revealed nothing about the sequels, or whether the games will connect. You'd think that would be in the first announcement for the game, but instead they're being deceptively quiet about everything.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@jg4xchamp said:

That said the game can definitely be fleshed out to be a meatier experience, and story is not how anyone should judge their video game anyway. The game actually would be a huge undertaking, as most seem to forget all the mini game shit and places you go in FF7, and how much of a time consuming technical undertaking it would be. Much less with a new battle system, and it being Japan it actually has a chance of being fun to play, unlike say The Witcher 3, which sucks.

Haha, good points. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about Witcher 3. It was such a slog for me. Only finished it because of the hoopla around it.

@davillain- said:

It's a complete game but it's only the first part in the whole story. (that will go on with successive games) You can consider it more or less like a Legend of Heroes games or Xenosaga episode. Lets say that, this remake is not 1:1 with the OG and even if the key points in the original story won't be changed, the whole thing is deeply expanded and reimagined in some of it's parts.

In ways, it's getting "the Hobbit" treatment, (love that movie btw) it's an embellished retelling of FFVIIs story. As @lundy86_4 stated, I don't like the idea of FF7 Remake is being release like this, I want it all in a single game completion but SE want to sell it to you anyway. When FF7 Remake is release this April 2020, it could be a very long time like maybe 2-4 years before we get part 2 of the game. That's the main issue I have. I wish SE have a time table when other parts of the game is ready to be release.

Edit: Voted: I dislike this idea. But I will say this. Whenever it comes to Steam for $20/30, I'll consider picking it up.

I will say that if this first iteration doesn't have at least 60 hours of fun gameplay, than I think my opinion of this whole idea will be drastically different. They really need to justify cutting it up.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@davillain-: The hobbit trilogy was trash! Book shat on it.

Lundy and even champ got my thoughts down well.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@Planeforger: This is the thing I worry about most, the timeline for the rest of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Living up to the basic part in your name OP lol.

To put it simple, its disc 1 of ???

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

People tend to forget how large the FFVII world really was. The original game had us zooming through Midgar streets and slums but we barely saw a fraction of what the made in concept. That I always felt like was a big missed opportunity for Square Soft. There's emphasis on a giant, floating city that just looks so dark and mysterious but you hardly got see any of that. I might actually go as far as to say that Midgar is probably the most interesting location to visit in FFVII. And iconic.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nepu7supastar7

Also, let's face it: a point A to B game would've been great but the elitist fans would've torn it up. Suddenly it was too short or they didn't cover something enough. Final Fantasy VII stands on a VERY BIG pedestal. A pedestal so big, the actual game can no longer live up to it. A game like that has huge shoes to fill. I say why not make it as grand and awesome as it possibly can be?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I think each part will be a complete game based on length (20-30 hrs), and I think that's a dumb Idea.

We have no idea how the games will integrate with each other. Will we be loading a save? Will you have to had played the previous entry to play the next? Are they going to try and have a beginning, middle, and end for each part? How long will it be between parts? Will anyone care by the time the next one comes out? Can they even capture the same feeling for new players if they can't experience all the good things that happen outside of Midgar. Why don't they give us details about this stuff? Do they even have the rest of the game planned? Is the main theme of FF7 gonna be the song they play over the credits?

Regardless, the last thing I'm gonna want to do when I get out of Midgar is wait 2 years. FF7 starts when you get out of Midgar. Are they going to **** with the timeline and narrative to introduce some of those plot elements before originally intended?

Shitty. Answers to those questions will determine how shitty.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

People tend to forget how large the FFVII world really was. The original game had us zooming through Midgar streets and slums but we barely saw a fraction of what the made in concept. That I always felt like was a big missed opportunity for Square Soft. There's emphasis on a giant, floating city that just looks so dark and mysterious but you hardly got see any of that. I might actually go as far as to say that Midgar is probably the most interesting location to visit in FFVII. And iconic.

Yea, I'm very excited to see what happens. I think there is so much at stake here for Square Enix.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

As long as each "episode" feels like an actual full game and they are able to make them all work together I'm all in for this. FF7 was amazing, and the though of 50+ your episodes of that game sounds awesome to me.

I look at it like the LotR trilogy, a huge story broken up into 3 fully fleshed out movies.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nepu7supastar7

@vfighter:

That might have been the conclusion SE drew when they were reflecting on recent games like FFXV. That game was a disaster with terrible pacing. Even if it had a complete story, there were many parts that felt rushed and hacked in. No one should want that for FFVIIR. If FFXV is the outcome then best let them take their time instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

What some people don't realize is the game is being expanded upon greatly, so there will be enough content to fill three or more games in the series.

If you're a fan of FFVII then you are most likely excited about this, or at the very least ok with it.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

I dislike the idea of releasing a game episodically. In an ideal world, I would love to have FF7: Remake released in one setting. Three discs in one single game just like the PS1 version.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

The fun part of all of this that if this game succeeds with this model expect more games to follow. :)

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Completely different from TC

@briguyb13 said:

What some people don't realize is the game is being expanded upon greatly, so there will be enough content to fill three or more games in the series.

If you're a fan of FFVII then you are most likely excited about this, or at the very least ok with it.

I think that a lot of people know that the game is being expanded upon, but could you image how many great new games they could make for all the resources being dumped into something we have already played? (I know it will have differences) When you think of it this way, the FF7 remake becomes less exciting for people that like new games.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Money is the issue for me. If each episode released at $20 I would buy em but I’m not gonna pay $60 for only part of a game I have played many times since it was new. I’ll wait for the complete edition for $60 in 5 years on either Steam or Ps5.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@briguyb13 said:

Its one of the most talked about games this year and you think that with all the talk people don't know its being expanded upon lol.

I think what you don't realise is that seemingly a lot of people aren't happy that they will have to wait 3 or more years to finish it being episodic, and it feels a little like a cash grab to milk the fans of the game for all they can.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

The game needs 2 bluray and 100gb storage. If the game is only 20 hours long everyone would be really pissed by that. I hope Square expands on Cloud and Aerith relationship, she was the main heroinne in the priginal game and both developed instant crush to eachother.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Planeforger

@vfighter said:

I look at it like the LotR trilogy, a huge story broken up into 3 fully fleshed out movies.

I don't really understand your comparison.

The Lord of the Rings films took something very long (an immensely detailed trilogy of books) and condensed them into three films, cutting out many details in the process.

This is more like The Hobbit, which was a short book that could easily have been made into a single film. Instead, the producers got greedy and stretched it out into three needlessly-long films, padding it out with stupid new additions because there wasn't enough content in the original work to sustain a trilogy.

@briguyb13 said:

Sure, as long as you don't start thinking critically about what is on offer.

I guess that's what Square Enix is counting on, though. They know they can sell FF7 at $60 per disc + DLC passes for each disc, because nostalgia overrides your natural instinct to go "hang on, $200 for an inferior version of a 22 year old game? No thanks!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@Pedro said:

The sad part of all of this that if this game succeeds with this model expect more games to follow. :(

Fixed that for you.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Honestly personally I am ok with this, I already played the original ff7 to death and am ready for something new! My main gripe is that a lot of folks have no idea that they won’t get the full game with this, as SE has managed to neglect that facts in all the trailers etc they have released. So they are no doubt expecting to get the full game with this and yeah they are in for a rude awakening...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sakaiXx

@djoffer: the boxart dont even tell u its only episode 1.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@sakaixx: aye that is a borderline scam imo

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#30 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@djoffer: the boxart dont even tell u its only episode 1.

I know right. What will they call the next part.. Final Fantasy VII Remake X2 / Part II /Episode II?

I dislike the idea.

Not just the names, but the consoles. PS4/One will stop production by the time they finish it lmao. They probably wont print final episode of current gen. Yes you can run PS4 on PS5, so people will be forced to upgrade if they want to continue. Complete mess, i rather just wait for a full collection on PS5.

Development time of games these days is out of control.. full dev of this started 2015! 5 years ago. Do we have to wait another 5 for full game. That is a decade waiting. I will be an old man in wheelchair if they do more remakes.... at least its less time than GTAVI.. well not really LOL

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Planeforger: Where have they said that FF7 remake will have DLC?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Planeforger

@vfighter said:

@Planeforger: Where have they said that FF7 remake will have DLC?

If you buy the $80 version, you get the Cactuar and Carbuncle Summon DLCs.

It looks like pre-ordering also gets you the Chocobo Chick Summon DLC.

It's a safe bet that these (and other) summons will be available as separate purchases.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

I like to see why it is necessary to split a remake of a 1990s classic into many parts. Is this done to maximize profits?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Bovines just love a good milking. Just ask Phony...

lol :P

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nepu7supastar7

@vaidream45: @djoffer: @sakaixx: @KillzoneSnake:

Guys, can't we just wait for the game release before drawing conlcusions of it not being a full game? There's a lot of rewriting going into this project. So not only are things being expanded on but there's going to be changes to the story too. For all we know, the Midgar section might be expanded to a year or so in the storyline.

Besides, remember the monstrosity that was FFXV? A full story with terrible pacing issues and rushed segments. Do you really want that for FFVII?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sakaiXx

@nepu7supastar7: i'm hyped for FF7R at least. Already done my deluxe edition preorder.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

@nepu7supastar7: They just want a full game. Not an unreasonable request. Why pay more for less?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nepu7supastar7

@Pedro:

It is a full game so you're obviously paying for one. A part of the expansion is that the story is a whole lot bigger than it was before. So yeah, that is an unreasonable request. If separate games help Square Enix develop better Final Fantasy games and not that horrible FFXV then what's the harm? A full FFVII in one game would've been a repeat of FFXV. Bad pacing and being too short were among the list of complaints.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Pedro:

It is a full game so you're obviously paying for one. A part of the expansion is that the story is a whole lot bigger than it was before. So yeah, that is an unreasonable request. If separate games help Square Enix develop better Final Fantasy games and not that horrible FFXV then what's the harm? A full FFVII in one game would've been a repeat of FFXV. Bad pacing and being too short were among the list of complaints.

How can you argue its a full game when its labelled as a Remake of an older game and the entirety of the original game is NOT going to be in the remake? We don't know if its going to be better but we do know that its going to be a more expensive game to purchase in its entirety. So, that will be the harm. You talk about pacing and then you are green-lighting a game that was original one game now being made into an unspecified number of games. That doesn't make sense, at all.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Everyone who says that can only say it for so long. And is probably in the same boat as I am without any intention of picking up a single episode of this.... but some day, a time far far removed from now, the entire thing will be available as a single purchase. This my friends, is when I will strike and will probably one hell of an entire game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

It looks like this game is going to be over 100 GB. Damn. They’re packing a ton into this thing.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: but it’s not a full game lol. This is so simple. The full game was released on the ps1 and pc. We know where the game starts and where it ends. Midgar is only a short part of the game. So this Midgar episode of FF7R is not the complete game but only an episode. Why is this so complicated?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Pedro:

How can you argue its a full game when its labelled as a Remake of an older game and the entirety of the original game is NOT going to be in the remake? We don't know if its going to be better but we do know that its going to be a more expensive game to purchase in its entirety. So, that will be the harm. You talk about pacing and then you are green-lighting a game that was original one game now being made into an unspecified number of games. That doesn't make sense, at all.

If the content is good, why does it matter if there's multiple games? I don't know about you, but I play games to be entertained and to have fun. This is not a life or death matter here lol.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nepu7supastar7

@Pedro:

The original game was on a much smaller scale though. Like I said, this is a huge expansion with new content and a vast rewrite of the original story. We know what it's based on, but we don't really know where THIS story will end. Or how it will be, for that matter. That's the fun part about it. This is a way to enjoy a brand new version of FFVII in a more grand and epic scale! I don't see why you wouldn't want that. Bigger is always better.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nepu7supastar7

@vaidream45:

"We know where the game starts and where it ends. Midgar is only a short part of the game. "

- But that's the kicker. We don't know where it starts or where it ends. We know where the ORIGINAL starts and ends. This version is a vast expansion full of rewritten material and brand new content. It's a different version of FFVII that is built on a larger scale than ever before. So no, Midgar is not just a small part of the story anymore. It's a huge part that fits a game into itself. What part of that is so difficult to understand?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I see 2 problems here.

1-if the game is a remake it should be complete and not just 1 part expanded upon,if the game is centralize basically on migmar damn that just is a small part of the game.

2-But the kind of expansion they are doing is easy to see why the game need to be broken in parts,it would be impossible for them to create the complete game without taking 10 years or more.

I remind some of you that FF7 was one of the most costly game ever made if not the most back in 1997,some 40 million dollars was basically unheard of,on a time most game were 1 million or even less in many cases.

I would have love the complete thing tho,and not episodic content.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@tormentos said:

I see 2 problems here.

1-if the game is a remake it should be complete and not just 1 part expanded upon,if the game is centralize basically on migmar damn that just is a small part of the game.

2-But the kind of expansion they are doing is easy to see why the game need to be broken in parts,it would be impossible for them to create the complete game without taking 10 years or more.

I remind some of you that FF7 was one of the most costly game ever made if not the most back in 1997,some 40 million dollars was basically unheard of,on a time most game were 1 million or even less in many cases.

I would have love the complete thing tho,and not episodic content.

Not only that, there's a reason why FF7 never ship to N64. In addition to the PlayStation offering more storage CD-Rom, Nintendo was a little stricter when it came to censorship. FFVII dealt with some pretty adult issues and not to mention, Cartridges at the time were extremely expensive and very limited storage. No kidding, FF7 was very demanding of it's time.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Well it's literally a remake of only part of a complete game...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

I think this game will be falsely advertised as a remake when it's merely a sum of it. This is potentially dangerous to the gaming industry because if it succeeds this will only tell game studios that consumers will fully shill out to only a sum of a remake and they can split them into separate full-price games instead of one like the originals were and people will still throw their money at it. This can potentially lead into yet another bad trend in the gaming industry.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@davillain- said:

I see what you are saying, but it's hard comparing a franchise like Xenosaga (in my opinion) since each game is 40-50 hours or more depending on how you play, and easily a complete game in/of themselves. Sure they are technically episodic since they follow a story line (which is very loose at times, and feels like direct sequels more than "episodes" in my opinion since each game is a fully fledged RPG with clear cut parameters and end game), but I very seriously doubt each part of FF7 remake will be anywhere near that length or have those clear cut parameters. In my personal opinion that is likely comparing apples to oranges, but I could be wrong and would love to be wrong.

I love Xenosaga by the way, and I'm a fan of the original FF7... however, I have my doubts to say the least about this "remake", especially since it's episodic. Unless they are planning on somehow adding a HUGE amount of content to the game and basically rewriting the history and lore of the game I just don't feel these episodes and going more towards an action based game aren't all that enticing to me and likely many others.

That doesn't mean it won't sell well though.. it's not like there aren't fans of that style of gameplay, it's hyped up, a lot of people who loved the original will give it a chance, and many that never got a chance to experience the first game will want to see what it's all about. It will likely be a big success, but I just don't like a lot of the things I have seen and heard.