First Screenshots of The Witcher - Rise Of The White Wolf (56k warning)

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts

Hey guys,

Just wanted to point you guys out to this link taken from PS3 Fanboy : http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/the-witcher-rise-of-the-white-wolf/1198839/

Not sure if they are touched up or not, but whatever it may be, I'm looking forward already to the console version releases of the great PC exclusive (as of now), The Witcher, being released on both 360 and PS3 platforms.

Going by CD Projekt's rapid fanbase growth and general critical acclaim following the Witcher's release in 2007, they are turning out to become one of my favourite, if not, my favourite new videogame developer studio this generation.

Here are some screenshots :

---------------------------------

I have already enjoyed The Witcher on PC, and the Enhanced Edition patch has definitely added some significant changes to allow replays (heck, even the original 1.0 release has replay value). I'm looking forward to purchasing it again on the PS3, as I think this game will do rather well on a console platform, considering the action-based gameplay approach.

Whether you've enjoyed it on PC, or have yet to fully experience it on a 360 or PS3, you'd do well to keep an eye out for this title : definitely one of my most highly anticipated games of 2009.

Your thoughts?

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
I didn't know this game was coming to the consoles?

I hope this game and the devs won't get any hate from the hermits now.

EDIT: Looks really good for the consoles and I will easily support this great new dev again IF this version isn't broken or anything.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Looks great, I can't wait for this game
chadwardennn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chadwardennn
Member since 2007 • 883 Posts
i dont think this game is fastpaced enough for consoles. I mean i;ve been playing the PCgame for like 6hours and it was boring as hell, am sure the game will get better but 6 first hours and nothing but boringness will fail on consoles (if there was nothing else to play i would have give the witcher another go but am too busy with Fallout3 and other games).
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
I'm also anticipating this game, looks great, I wanted to get it on launch day when it came out for pc but my pc couldn't run it. Would anyone recommend this or oblivion?
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
What strikes me as odd are the visuals represented in these screenshots. I can't confirm if these are truly in-game or simply just art pieces to set the mood and theme of the game for the consoles (which shouldn't differ much from the PC version, aside from consolized gameplay and revamped inventory system, and a few modications to general flow of the game), but they look too good to be true. Way too good in fact...
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Is it just me or does the game appear "cartoony-er?"
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
Wow HUGE improvement, looking good
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
I'm thinking if they update the combat in a way that does not suck balls I might enjoy this version more. Also if it's not a crappy dumbed down port.
Is it just me or does the game appear "cartoony-er?"foxhound_fox
I'm getting that too. Not sure if I like this smeariness. PC version didn't look like this did it? Can't remember.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
I always wanted to get this on PC :D. I'm so glad its coming to consoles, and its just not a shoddy port. But I'm not yet sure what system to get it on.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
This will be a difficult game to port. Hopefully CD Projekt puts everything they've got into it.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
Yeah :?...I noticed that too. Kinda looks like Fable in a way. Different that the grittier PC version. I'm not sure if I'm sold on the visuals yet, I have to see more.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Looks great and I hope it sells well. More rpgs like that need to be on consoles.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
i hope they improve the combat and the side quests over it's predecessor
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

It looks like a painting to me.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
what's bothering about these pics is the bloom, i hated it on halo 3, i hated it on fable 2, and it looks i'll hate it if buy this game on the 360.... what is up with bloom anyway? possibly the worst graphical creation ever
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
Bloom-tastic. :|
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

I never like it when console screenshots completely lack jaggies, usually they are bullshots when that happens.

That and they look paint like.

mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
Some of them look like concept art, the 1st one and the two last ones especially, but I remember thinking that about the PC version too so I'm not gonna say anything this time. The PC version looked sharper and a bit more gritty imo, this one looks blurred up and more cartoony. But considering it's apparently a whole another engine they're surprisingly similar.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
The first pic remind sme of Fable 2. Anyway, looks good.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Enjoy guys, its an exellent game. I dont think it would go down well with the majority of the console community..... But I do know there are people out there who will love it. Its a great game.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts
I'm glad you console owners can enjoy this fine RPG. Totally worth getting.
Avatar image for soiheardyoulike
soiheardyoulike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soiheardyoulike
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts
I hope it does well, i enjoyed it on the pc.
Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ren_eko
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts
If this game has additional content and even a little bit more about the whole storyline(The Witcher's storyline concludes the Salamander arc but doesnt say why did Geralt come back, im guessing thats The Witcher2 though)i will buy it , no doubt enjoyed the Pc version and will enjoy this one(if it has the before mentioned extra content).
box0rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 box0rocks
Member since 2008 • 1006 Posts
is odd how hermits just say enjoy the game and when ps3 loses an exclusive game lemmings and cows are have a war and cows make it look like youve lost someone very dear to you
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts
The Witcher is a fantastic game, and I'm glad that more people get to play it (plus, CD Projekt gets more money, to make me more games :)
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Just the first pic. x.x Looks like a happy scene out of a Pixar movie,but the rest of the screens look nice and gritty just like the PC version.
Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ren_eko
The Witcher is a fantastic game, and I'm glad that more people get to play it (plus, CD Projekt gets more money, to make me more games :)agentfred
This. Who the hell doesnt want The Witcher2???Introduce me to them so i can kill them, as they have no right to populate this earth :P.
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

Wow HUGE improvement, looking goodFirstDiscovery

Are we looking a tthe same screenshots, because other than the insane bloom mock ups it looks no better at all...

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Looks about on par with the PC Version. A bit blurrier, but whatever. As long as you guys still get the fantastic roleplaying elements, its all good for you.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

Are we looking a tthe same screenshots, because other than the insane bloom mock ups it looks no better at all...

PC360Wii
:question: Are we looking at the same screens? Those screens look like the PC version...just miles better in every way. MUCH higher res textures, character models,lighting,vegetation...the only picture with too much bloom is the first. The rest look great.
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts
[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

killab2oo5
:question: Are we looking at the same screens? Those screens look like the PC version...just miles better in every way. MUCH higher res textures, character models,lighting,vegetation...the only picture with too much bloom is the first. The rest look great.

The vegetation in the first pic seems to be improved and there seems to be much more varied TOD settings. Other than that, it looks almost the same as the PC version, unless I'm missing something.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
The saturation of the colours is different. I don't think this will be what we will end up with.
Avatar image for OrthodoxKaveman
OrthodoxKaveman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 OrthodoxKaveman
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

not bad

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts
The visuals are so much better than PC, that i will galdly rebuy it for my 360, even though i have finihsed it already
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
The game is awsome, I played it 3 days straight in a row. However the controls for it are very PC oriented, the game uses a lot of buttons, especially the combat, and if the console versions will require pausing, I am afraid it won't be very popular. However it is good news, CD project deserves it.
Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ren_eko
[QUOTE="muscleserge"]The game is awsome, I played it 3 days straight in a row. However the controls for it are very PC oriented, the game uses a lot of buttons, especially the combat, and if the console versions will require pausing, I am afraid it won't be very popular. However it is good news, CD project deserves it.

The combat doesnt take many buttons =S, they already said the controls would be more action oriented , but if they had to transport exactly how it is on PC it would be easy-- Square to attack , triangle to use signs, horizontal D-pad to change signs , vertical D-pad to change styles, X to interact , and start to open the menu, triggers could be the shortcut buttons.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#38 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Wow. That looks stunning.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

agentfred

The vegetation in the first pic seems to be improved and there seems to be much more varied TOD settings. Other than that, it looks almost the same as the PC version, unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, I'd say they look almost the same... I don't know what killab2oo5 is smoking...
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Yeah, looks about the same, no horribly obvious difference, and as a PC gamer, I think its good their releasing this to a larger audiance, it really was a great game, with one of the better multiple path systems, especially since its not good vs evil, there is some actual morals behind it all.
CaptainChi3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CaptainChi3f
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
Looking great. This game is coming to 360 as well, right?
tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tikki25x
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts
notice all the pc gamers say it looks ok and all the console gamers are drooling over the game. haha. well im one of those console gamers and wow does that game look good.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Is that...Fable III?
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Looks purrdy.
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

Those are the ugliest bullshots I have ever seen.

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

Finally! A decent WRPG for my console!

Bethesda's monopoly is now broken.

And soon enough, Bioware will make something for PS3 as well. Let the good times roll.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

notice all the pc gamers say it looks ok and all the console gamers are drooling over the game. haha. well im one of those console gamers and wow does that game look good.tikki25x

Its true though, past a few very well placed shots, and some touch up ... it looks no different, the guy that said HUGE difference before me is just unbelievable..

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Salt_The_Fries
And again - I will win, because I will be playing original Polish version with Polish voices plus subtitles ;) Oh, and one funny thing, the fellow who did voice of Azar Javed in Polish PC version, did also the voice of the main hero from localised versions of Gothic 1 and 2. It was surprising to hear him, but damn, I love his voice.
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts
Ohmigosh... The Witcher is coming to consoles ? :shock: That's awesome, I've always wanted to play that game. :D
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Salt_The_Fries
But I really don't want The Witcher to be more cartoonised, really. What I enjoyed about The Witcher is that the world was very immersive, and very, very sinister. The game was so immersive and addictive that it was hard to stop playing it. I also loved the fact of reacting on weather, like NPCs would go or run to find shelter, and it was done in pretty good way.