First Person Shooters on the Wii....

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#51 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Currently, there is no subsitute for a mouse and keyboard IMO. But the Wii controller is a lot clumsier than a normal set of analog sticks, from what we've seen so far.Ontain

real life wouldn't be a subsitute for kb+m. they are too acurate.

as for the wii. i'm a big pc gamer and i was able to pick up the wiimote and start shooting well in 5 min. I can't stand analog sticks of the other consoles. it's like trying to draw with an etch a sketch. sure with a lot of work you might be able to get good but it's not as natural or quick to pick up. 

so true, good analogy with etch a sketch.  console fps also use auto aim too much too, while with the wii auto aim complements actual aiming- each with their own strengths.  Auto aim might become very watered down on the wii in time.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

TC: i hope i interpret you diagrams correctly...

I disagree with your first diagram, especially having to hold the nunchuck low to crouch. Those kinds of gestures might be very difficult to implement and not very reliable.GunSmith1_basic

Not a gesture. A like for like positioning of your posture can be detected.

The second one makes a lot of sense, and it is something. Sniping would still have to be a mode though, I dont know how the wiimote is supposed to detect that you put it in you line of sight.GunSmith1_basic

The scope functions even when your not looking at it. If you want to see through it then just hold the gun (in game) closer to your eye.

Here's the scheme I like, (maybe since its PC FPS derivative):

Wiimote: weapons controller, as if the game was a rail shooter if the game only used the wiimote. (weapon switching: maybe +/- buttons, home pauses game, I'm flexible on this point though). Actualy, I wonder why FPSs dont allow you to click buttons on screen to switch weapons). A button for shooting, B button for secondary weapons, gestures for actions (eg open doors like in godfather).

z button : toggle stance; c button: toggle binoculars/ snipeGunSmith1_basic

See, I'm against toggles. I think it should all be handled in realtime.

Analog stick: moves the character in a static gaze--- forward, backwards, strafe left, strafe right (and all the angles in between)

For turning and looking: tilt the nunchuck left, right, up, down (and all angles in between). Why? Because the tilting is by far the strongest motion sensing in the wii's repetoire.GunSmith1_basic

Do you mean nunchuck being translated into neck movements?

alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts
great idea, you should really signed those pictures or someone else mith pass it off as their idea
Lucifer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Lucifer007
Member since 2006 • 1132 Posts
I like it just add the Z-utton for counchs and label the jump, reload, and weapons switch button and its perfect.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#55 deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts
i am impresed
Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts
Actually the nun-chuck can't detect where it is since only the Wii-mote has an IR sensor, although how much you lean could be controlled by how much you tilt the nun-chuck left or right.
Rollingstones7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 Rollingstones7
Member since 2005 • 592 Posts

Actually the nun-chuck can't detect where it is since only the Wii-mote has an IR sensor, although how much you lean could be controlled by how much you tilt the nun-chuck left or right.Stabby2486

BINGO!!! View should be handled by tilting.