final fantasy 25th anniversary ultimate box announced!

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

Alot of disks

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/final-fantasy-25th-anniversary-ultimate-box-announced/

Square Enix has announced theFinal Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box Collectionfeaturing the first 13Final Fantasygames and a number of bonuses.

The collection features the first 13 main entries into the series and is set to release in Japan on December 18 for 35,000 Yen (about $450), theres no word on an American or European release at the moment. The full contents of the collection can be found below:

• Final Fantasy(PS1, one disc)
  • Final Fantasy II(PS1, one disc)
  • Final Fantasy III(PSP, one disc)
  • Final Fantasy IV(PS1, one disc)
  • Final Fantasy V(PS1, one disc)
  • Final Fantasy VI(PS1, one disc)
  • Final Fantasy VII International(PS1, four discs)
  • Final Fantasy VIII(PS1, four discs)
  • Final Fantasy IX(PS1, four discs)
  • Final Fantasy X(PS2, one disc)
  • Final Fantasy XI Vana Del Collection 2(PS2, one disc)
  • Final Fantasy XII(PS2, one disc)
  • Final Fantasy XIII(PS3, one disc)
  • Special anniversary video disc
  • Crystal ArtWorks an anniversary visual art collection
  • A two disc anniversary music selection CD
  • Final Fantasy XIVMogu Mogu Earring item code
  • Mini replica of Amano FF 25th Anniversary visual and stand
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Wow... I... hm. I don't know how I feel. It's pretty damn sweet though. I would pick up an FF collection if I didn't have most of the games in it but IIDK if I want to spend that much on a collection I only want to play a few games in.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

This looks really nice but PLZ dont tell me this is the surprise SE was planning to reveal.. where the f**k is FFXIII-3?

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

This looks really nice but PLZ dont tell me this is the surprise SE was planning to reveal.. where the f**k is FFXIII-3?

finalstar2007
and where is final fantasy 13 versus?
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

geez...they shouldve just packed this in one ps3 disc...or 2 ps3 disc....

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

free_milk

and where is final fantasy 13 versus?

Forget about versus.. its not coming and if it does it will be on next gen systems.. they have to finish the XIII story!

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

... Really? Fvcking really? They couldnt just put all the fvcking games on a bluray or 2? Unreal.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#8 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I already own all FF games, except for 11 and 13, those were garbage.

$450 is not worth it.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Shirokishi is right about the discs, lol.

Keep living off your past games square, it's all you can do anymore.

because these new ones are awful.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

... Really? Fvcking really? They couldnt just put all the fvcking games on a bluray or 2? Unreal.

Shirokishi_

That would require SE to put effort into this. This is just a "cheap" cash in.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
That's a lot of disk.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

Shirokishi_
Agreed. I'd be down to buy a FF collection like this one but not with all those damn discs. And I love how there's the one lone PSP game (FFIII) amongst all of the Sony home consoles.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#14 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Shirokishi_
instead each disc has artwork of the respecting game.
inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts
I never seen so many bad games in one box...SNIPER4321
your probably one of the biggest morons on here. You restrict yourself to stupid FPS games that take little to no skill ( not saying FF does) and then criticize everyone else's choice in games. You seriously have to be like 12 years old.
inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts
[QUOTE="inb4uall"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]I never seen so many bad games in one box...SNIPER4321
your probably one of the biggest morons on here. You restrict yourself to stupid FPS games that take little to no skill ( not saying FF does) and then criticize everyone else's choice in games. You seriously have to be like 12 years old.

ARMA take more skills than most games mention there,

ohhhh one freaking game. You proud of that? You tout stalker and the like and critize others, just saying man shut your mouth.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
I never seen so many bad games in one box...SNIPER4321
I've never seen so much stupid in one post deja vu?
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Oh that's pretty awesome. I'd love to have it.

>450$

nvm.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ReadingRainbow4

all the games leading up to and 7, 8, 9 were great games especially at the time.

11 was good also if you could stomach Tidus and Wakka.

Unfortunately nothing note worthy has been coming out of them since, instead we have what looks to be a third sequel to the adventures of Lightning and friends. No one gives a **** except Finalstar.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
I could buy every single one of those games for less than 200 on ebay easily
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

ReadingRainbow4

Don't you mean 10? 11 was an MMO...

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Why buy a new console when you can buy this!:P

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

mitu123

Don't you mean 10? 11 was an MMO...

yeah exactly, what I meant. Although 11 was also good, way back when.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

The some of the best RPG's ever are in that collection.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
I think I might bite...
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
How many more times can they re-release the same games???
0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 0rbs
Member since 2007 • 1947 Posts

How many more times can they re-release the same games???musicalmac

They'll release another collection reverse order.

13, 12, 11, all the way down to version one. It'll be called the mirror edition.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
How many more times can they re-release the same games???musicalmac
As many times as people will buy them. When you have the biggest JRPG franchise worldwide, it's pretty easy.
hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

finalstar2007

http://finalfantasy13game.com/astormgathers/

Should have some info tomorrow. I'm interested on the conclusion to the saga as well

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Eh. I'm only really interested in IV, VI, and VII. And IV and VI I can download on the Wii for eight bucks apiece.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Didn't they already do this last gen when FFXII was released and it was only $100 then and they only added one more game to the list and now it is around $450?

DNAbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DNAbro
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

and it's never coming to America. If it does i will be highly surprised.

also here are all the seperate discs

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

I don't really get the logic for this collection. They release the games on PS1, PSP, PS2, and PS3 discs which means you need to have something that plays those discs. Which means the gamer who sold off his PS2 for a PS3 that lacks BC and his PSP for a Vita(or never had a PSP) is pretty much screwed out of playing the full collection. Why not just put all these games on one blu-ray disc? It would have made it much simpler and would have ensured PS3 owners would not have to have something that can play PS1, PS2, and PSP discs as well to enjoy the full collection.

Plus they missed the boat on this collection when it comes to 360 owners. They could have released this collection on the 360, and appeal to the fans who bout FF XIII and XIII-2 for that system. But their little gimmick has basically prevented this collection from being ported to the Xbox 360, Vita, or even the Wii U in the future. Hell, even PS3 owners are screwed unless the have a PS3 that has full BC. Without a BC model, PS3 owners can't even play the full collection on one system.

Square Enix, look at the Kirby's Dream Collection, the countless Sonic or Sega Genesis collections, or even your own Dragon Quest collection to see how to do a proper collection. I don't get their logic with this thing. It cuts out 360 owners, and any potential port to other systems as well. It would have been much easier and cheaper to do this collection the proper way. Not to mention, I'm sure they would have made more money off a normal priced collection on both the PS3 and 360 then something that costs $450s.

This collection is a bad way to celebreate Final Fantasy's 25th anniversity. There are pleanty of people who would love to have all 13 games at their fingertips on one collection, but this is way to much. How many people are going to enjoy a collection like this that has games on discs from dead systems and is 450 bucks?

DNAbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DNAbro
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

I don't really get the logic for this collection. They release the games on PS1, PSP, PS2, and PS3 discs which means you need to have something that plays those discs. Which means the gamer who sold off his PS2 for a PS3 that lacks BC and his PSP for a Vita(or never had a PSP) is pretty much screwed out of playing the full collection. Why not just put all these games on one blu-ray disc? It would have made it much simpler and would have ensured PS3 owners would not have to have something that can play PS1, PS2, and PSP discs as well to enjoy the full collection.

Plus they missed the boat on this collection when it comes to 360 owners. They could have released this collection on the 360, and appeal to the fans who bout FF XIII and XIII-2 for that system. But their little gimmick has basically prevented this collection from being ported to the Xbox 360, Vita, or even the Wii U in the future. Hell, even PS3 owners are screwed unless the have a PS3 that has full BC. Without a BC model, PS3 owners can't even play the full collection on one system.

Square Enix, look at the Kirby's Dream Collection, the countless Sonic or Sega Genesis collections, or even your own Dragon Quest collection to see how to do a proper collection. I don't get their logic with this thing. It cuts out 360 owners, and any potential port to other systems as well. It would have been much easier and cheaper to do this collection the proper way. Not to mention, I'm sure they would have made more money off a normal priced collection on both the PS3 and 360 then something that costs $450s.

This collection is a bad way to celebreate Final Fantasy's 25th anniversity. There are pleanty of people who would love to have all 13 games at their fingertips on one collection, but this is way to much. How many people are going to enjoy a collection like this that has games on discs from dead systems and is 450 bucks?

caryslan2

I think you have to realize that this is for collectors. Chances are if you are going to buy it, you aren't going to play it. If you just wanted to play each game you can find much cheaper versions all over the place.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Oh that's pretty awesome. I'd love to have it.

>450$

nvm.

DJ-Lafleur
caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 caryslan2

[QUOTE="caryslan2"]

DNAbro

I think you have to realize that this is for collectors. Chances are if you are going to buy it, you aren't going to play it. If you just wanted to play each game you can find much cheaper versions all over the place.

I'm aware this is probably for collectors, but it can't be denied that SE is missing a golden opportunity to make some money with a Final Fantasy collection. If this was offered as a premium package alongside a normal collection, I would not be so vocal. But the fact is, Square Enix really dropped the ball with this one. And yes, there are cheaper versions out there, but most of the games are across multiple systems. This would have been the perfect opportunity to get all 13 games onto one collection.

It would have been a perfect way to allow 360 owners to play the older games in the series, and for people to catch up with the older entries that they might have missed.

If the idea is to celebrate Final Fantasy's anniversary, then why not offer a normal collection? Catering to collectors is one thing, but what about the average gamer who wants something like this? Nintendo is putting out a Kirby collection to celebrate Kirby's 20th anniversary this year. It may not be the perfect collection, but it has some nifty bonus content and offers many of Kirby's early games on one disc. It is a gift to the long-time Kirby fans that grew up with his series, and is a great way for Nintendo to celebrate one of the most popular characters.

Now, why can't Square Enix do the same thing? Why put out a collection that is aimed only at the collectors? I'm sure many people on these boards and elsewhere would gladly pluck down 50, 60, or even 70 bucks for a FF collection. To be honest, it feels like a slap in the face from SE. People have been asking for a FF collection for years, and this is what they come up with? A 450 dollar product that is out of the price range of most gamers?

Making something a collector's item is one thing, but this comes at the expense of Final Fantasy fans and average gamers who don't have the cash to buy a collection like this.

Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wiiyou
Member since 2012 • 650 Posts
I dont get it, is this a Collection for Ps3/360 or is it all games for their original systems? I dont own all old systems :/
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
lol square you can do nothing right anymore just think back on the nes and snes and gameboy after FF,som,soe,chrono...etc I used to believe they could do no wrong. Then came ff7 and the EA partnership woooo did that prove me wrong...lol if this is released in america you better still own your ps2 or a bc ps3.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
if only i was rich would def. buy
caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 caryslan2

I dont get it, is this a Collection for Ps3/360 or is it all games for their original systems? I dont own all old systems :/Wiiyou

It a collection where the discs are either PS1(Final Fantasy I-II, Final Fantasy IV-IX), UMD(Final Fantasy III), PS2(Final Fantasy X-XII), and PS3(Final Fantasy XIII). This means the games are not all on one disc, and they are using older disc formats. It also means that unless you own a BC PS3 and PSP, a PS2, PS3, and PSP, or all four systems you can't play all the games on the collection.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="Wiiyou"]I dont get it, is this a Collection for Ps3/360 or is it all games for their original systems? I dont own all old systems :/caryslan2

It a collection where the discs are either PS1(Final Fantasy I-II, Final Fantasy IV-IX), UMD(Final Fantasy III), PS2(Final Fantasy X-XII), and PS3(Final Fantasy XIII). This means the games are not all on one disc, and they are using older disc formats. It also means that unless you own a BC PS3 and PSP, a PS2, PS3, and PSP, or all four systems you can't play all the games on the collection.

wow i didnt see the umd lol thats laughable
Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wiiyou
Member since 2012 • 650 Posts

[QUOTE="Wiiyou"]I dont get it, is this a Collection for Ps3/360 or is it all games for their original systems? I dont own all old systems :/caryslan2

Ah ok thx, not ment to be played then. This will be released in very limited numbers i guess.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 WilliamRLBaker
if they wanted a true collectors edition theyd release the famicom and such versions
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

A bit off-topic, but how come the PSP version of FFIII wasn't released stateside? I'm sure it would have been much nicer than the DS version.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WilliamRLBaker

A bit off-topic, but how come the PSP version of FFIII wasn't released stateside? I'm sure it would have been much nicer than the DS version.

DJ-Lafleur
likely to do with issues on nintys part as well its actually not the psp version is an almost direct port of the ds version.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#49 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Even in the Japanese version they don't give you FF12 Zodiac Job System. How disappointing. And even though I already own all the games... ...I'd prob still get it.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
Wth? They're all separate discs, and some are only usable on something like the PS2? Epitome of laziness right here.