Final Fantasy 15 is SE's most expensive project to date

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

And when this eventually fails SE is going to blame the western developers they have for not selling 10 million copies even though those devs are doing the best work for that shit company.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

And when this eventually fails SE is going to blame the western developers they have for not selling 10 million copies even though those devs are doing the best work for that shit company.

wasn't it capcom that blamed the western developers for RE 6?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Jynxzor said:

Interesting I would have thought XIV: ARR would be their most expensive project.

Guess that goes to show that running a MMO on no profit (Had the game subscription free for a hella long time while they worked on it and then closed it down for a good while as well.) is still less cash consuming than AAA production.

Actually most if not everything from FF14 ARR is built around what FF14 had and even has mobs with the exact models/animations from FF11. SE re used a shyt ton of content for ARR while the biggest/newest thing they invested into ARR was probably the new graphics engine.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Fyi the only reason why FF15 is "SE most expensive project" is because they're fraking idiots. God only knows how much time and money was wasted trying to make FF13 versus...oh I mean FF15 for the PS3 back when it was first announced what 7 fraking years ago and now they're forced to make it for the PS4!?, holy fraking wasted time and money batman, seriously SE get your shyt together.

/end rant

Bu-bu-bu-bu you don't want FFXIII-4?!?!

I don't even....I mean they even had Lightning have her on quest line in FF14 ARR...

I refused to take part in that. Shantotto was fun, though :)

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#105  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@ohgeez said:

@Desmonic said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Sweenix said:

This game isn't even final fantasy, it's essentially kingdom hearts without the disney characters.

The game will be dark as hell and seeing all the shakespeare's quots im deeply hoping for a Romeo and Juliet type of a story between Noctis and Stella ( Noctis and Stella is indeed a love story similar to Romeo and Juliet by shakespeare )

Oh god no! Don't you dare ruin the game like that SE!

:(

I'm pretty sure that most of what we know about the story points to the plot being very similar to Hamlet. There's been a lot of discussion on it.

This. The trailers so far seem to point to the main plot being like a modern/gangster/fantasy interpretation of Hamlet. It seems like Noctis is modelled after the teenage Prince Hamlet, whose father is killed by his uncle and he seeks vengeance for it, in the process losing his sanity and getting people around him killed, to get that revenge. So far, the trailers seem to point in Hamlet's direction.

At the same time, earlier trailers also hint at a Romeo & Juliet sub-plot, with the rival families in a gang war and the teenage lovers caught in between. This might make a good sub-plot, but I don't think it would work so well as the main plot in an action RPG.

I believe so too especially considering how many shakespeare quotes the trailers show but they also has that "A fantasy based on a true story" at the end of the trailers that make the game's story too exciting.

The story of Hamlet was not a happy story as its also called the "Tragedy of Hamlet" but im sure a lot of people already know that FF15 will not have a happy ending.. just for anyone interested to read on Hamlet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamlet

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#106  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts
@Joedgabe said:

@mems_1224 said:

wasn't it capcom that blamed the western developers for RE 6?

I think what he might be referring to is how Square Enix blamed their losses on Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, and Sleeping Dogs, from their Western studios (formerly under Eidos Interactive), for selling below expectations.

As for Capcom, they were blaming their losses on outsourcing, not their own Western studios... Capcom Vancouver did exceed expectations with Dead Rising 3, after all.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

And it probably won't even live up to Final Fantasy XII, let alone classic Final Fantasy.

All it has to do to be better than XII is have a leveling system that isn't batshit insane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#108 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

@charizard1605 said:

And it probably won't even live up to Final Fantasy XII, let alone classic Final Fantasy.

All it has to do to be better than XII is have a leveling system that isn't batshit insane.

XII's level system was fine; the issue was with how it handled sidequests and characterization