sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Ah, good content as always from developers.

Final Fantasy 14 was rebooted around 5-6 years ago, 3 critically acclaimed expansions, 20m registered users, next expansion in the works, PS5 graphics updates is in the works but ain't nobody got time for an Xbox update 🤣🤣

Rubbing some extra salt. PS1 classic and my fav in the series, legend of mana is also coming out on everything except Xbox 🤣🤣

Seems like devs happy to skip Xbox cause they know, there is more money to be made when Phil desperately begs for them to be on gamepass than just releasing on xbox. Nobody plays jrpg on xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

It's pretty clear already that the vast majority of xbox gamers don't care about JRPGs or heavily influenced japanese games. So there's no reason for developers to really invest their money porting games to it. WRPGs on the other hand, are known to thrive on that console.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Hang on a sec as i'm searching for a **** to give that i can't play a remaster or an old MMO.

Hold on i think i found one...oh nah thats just the remote 🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45106 Posts

Why should they care about Xbox? It's pretty much non-existent in Japan or Asia for that matter lol.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

See Sony doesn't need to buy Square Enix when they make exclusives for free

I tried the FF series and I could not get into them

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61482 Posts

FFXIV has yet to be released on Xbox, but we're surprised that Xbox isn't a priority? I put hundreds of hours in years ago on PS3/PC... Cannot be arsed anymore.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sakaiXx

@lundy86_4: its one of the most popular MMO ever and in term of paid MMO subscriber its second to Warcraft. Lems still regularly cry about a port in the FF14 subreddit.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lundy86_4  Online

@sakaixx said:

@lundy86_4: its one of the most popular MMO ever and in term of paid MMO subscriber its second to Warcraft. Lems still regularly cry about a port in the FF14 subreddit.

Yeah, but i'm just addressing why we're still surprised that the MMO that was never released on Xbox, still isn't on Xbox. SE have no doubt done a market analysis and determined they aren't gonna recuperate the costs. Not entirely sure what that news was meant to do...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Isn’t that game old? I remember shitting on that game on GT forums back in the day. People there didn’t like that.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sakaiXx

@SOedipus: FF14 1.0 is pretty shit but the reboot, FF14 2.0 A Realm Reborn is critically acclaimed.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sakaiXx

@lundy86_4 said:
@sakaixx said:

Yeah, but i'm just addressing why we're still surprised that the MMO that was never released on Xbox, still isn't on Xbox. SE have no doubt done a market analysis and determined they aren't gonna recuperate the costs. Not entirely sure what that news was meant to do...

FF11 did get a 360 port and was supported for over a decade with all expansions so there is a dedicated base on that system.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@SOedipus: FF14 1.0 is pretty shit but the reboot, FF14 2.0 A Realm Reborn is critically acclaimed.

I didn't know it was rebooted. I just thought they added shit and the diehards kept it going lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@sakaixx said:

FF11 did get a 360 port and was supported for over a decade with all expansions so there is a dedicated base on that system.

Well... That's not how that works.

Why are we surprised the Xbox isn't getting FFXIV, when it hasn't to this day? I played the game on the PS3.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sakaiXx

@lundy86_4: worded it poorly but basically there are fans on xbox that would prefer to play it on their xbox system.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lundy86_4  Online

@sakaixx said:

@lundy86_4: worded it poorly but basically there are fans on xbox that would prefer to play it on their xbox system.

You worded it fine. There's a severe disconnect between FFXI on 360 almost 20 years ago, and the next MMO that SE released, but only on the PC and PS3, and somehow that established base just decided to **** off and go to other systems.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sakaiXx

@SOedipus said:
@sakaixx said:

I didn't know it was rebooted. I just thought they added shit and the diehards kept it going lol.

1.0 subscription was terminated just a year of release and game closed its server a year later as the team work on fixes on the game. The team relaunched the game few year later for PC/PS3 and a PS4 port sometimes after.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#17 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Obviously. Don't think there's an audience on the Xbox. The main audience for an MMO is on PC, but the PlayStation also makes sense because it's Japanese - most people don't realise that there's a very rich MMO scene in Japan. Xbox has neither a MMO audience nor a Japanese audience.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sakaiXx
@lundy86_4 said:
@sakaixx said:

You worded it fine. There's a severe disconnect between FFXI on 360 almost 20 years ago, and the next MMO that SE released, but only on the PC and PS3, and somehow that established base just decided to **** off and go to other systems.

Possible FF14 360 release was mentioned back then but there is disagreement regarding xbox live terms that devs repeatedly mentions. With Xbox Live now kinda operates similar to PS+ there are fans that harbors hope it finally comes but lol.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Wow square just pretty much said that the Xbox user base is so small, that’s it’s not worth the money to make one for the Xbox :(

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

Xbox is never a priority. On a serious note, it's kinda strage that SO many games skip xbox though.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@sakaixx: Lol whatever you say cow 😂 I’ll play the better version on my pc thanks

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@daredevils2k: Nah....you tried though.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

MS, on the other hand, has a priority deal with PSO2/New Genesis in the West. Yes, PSO2 is an 8-year-old game, but like FF14, it has been updated repeatedly to this day. Also, New Genesis is a new version that will be released in the future. This would mean that MS has invested in another big Japanese MMO, PSO, to counter FF14 in any way.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Probably my favorite and most played game last gen. Bought it on PC, then PS3 because my PC barely could run it, and later got the free upgrade to PS4. I'd still be playing it if I could afford the $13 monthly fee. I think I read that it didn't come to xbox because MS wanted people to have to pay for online play, even though you're already paying SE to use their servers. Sony never required PS Plus for this type of game or any FTP game.

Oh and also PS4 had full kb/mouse support for this game which was nice. I could also use the controller and keyboard simultaneously which made macros easy and chatting much easier.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#25 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Xbox version or not,don’t really care much for the FF games, but I know of it’s popularity.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@sealionact said:

@daredevils2k: Nah....you tried though.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sakaiXx

@Duckyindiana said:

@sakaixx: Lol whatever you say cow 😂 I’ll play the better version on my pc thanks

Uh.. enjoy? Game been out since 2012, not to late to join though still millions log in everyday ~~~

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Wow speaking of FF14, I just decided to check it out and I was not ready for the steaming pile of dog shit that is their website and launcher. Just because your game is 10 years old, doesn't mean the experience around it has to feel like it's from 10 years ago.

It seems they don't even have the resources to pull their account management and launcher into the modern era of computing. I'm pretty sure the damn launcher is fucking Internet Explorer. C'mon, Squeenix. Get your shit together.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Duckyindiana

@sakaixx: Already played plenty of it. Just not anymore start on the PS4 but didn’t like using the controller so moved to pc.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sakaiXx

@Duckyindiana: good for you.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

MS just need to moneyhat other big mmos or mobas like Wow, dota, lol or all of 'em with proper mkb support.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sakaiXx

@rzxv04: actually wondered why WoW not yet ported. You can play FF14 on consoles with KBM combo for years now so why not WoW.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Duckyindiana

@sakaixx: Apparently they looked into controller support for wow then scrapped the idea

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

PSO2 >>>>>>>>> FF14. By a light-year or three. :"P

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Would Xbox be a good market for it though? SE could definately try flirting with the idea, but FF14, always seemed a bit... underfunded, with SE taking large chunks of its revenue for other projects. Yoshida P. is still extremely talented though, and FF14 deserves its success and praise.

Dragon Quest 10 and FF14 are listed on every earnings report, about how well they are doing in terms of subs. FF11 isn't but, it seems to have left maintainance mode and devs are working on it again. Implying it is growing and now popular enough to justify more content.

MMOs have a healthy scene in Japan clearly.

Edit: Regarding the controllers. I am surprised they managed to take a game where you use around 30-36 buttons, and made it work on a controller. Granted controller using players are at a disadvantage. They will never have the alacrity nor precision of PC gamers.

@SOedipus said:

Isn’t that game old? I remember shitting on that game on GT forums back in the day. People there didn’t like that.

FF14 1.0 launched and it was a colossal disaster.

Then they rebooted it with A Realm Reborn, and the game became, decent. Charming, but not something I deemed worth subbing for. But I suppose its more casual, less time consuming nature, made it really popular with college students in my area. As they could play that, not fall behind in terms of character power, and still keep up with their studies.

After they launched the first, proper expansion pack Heavensward. It really hit high strides, with people praising the hell out of the storyline. And that is how I started looking at the game again. At some point, they even hit 2.4 million subscribers.

Then they released Stormblood, which was a low point.

Then they finally released Shadowbringers, which was universally loved. The writer even got a standing ovation for her work in this expansion. The game was met with lavish praise.

And recently they announced Endwalker, which looks to conclude the storyline they started with 2.0.

All in all, it is an mmo, which can remain relevant for years, if not decades. FF14 is arguably the second most successful sub-based themepark. FF14 will most likely remain relevant until Yoshida makes the next FF mmo.

Edit: Don't take my word for it though. Currently the FF14 reddit has over 10k concurrent people in it at the time I am typing this. The game may be old, but is still very much relevant.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

An old MMO is hardly much of a win?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sakaiXx

@Maroxad: FF14 on controller actually works damn well. Heck you can tackle end game content and pvp with just using controller setup.

Many people uses controller for combat + keyboard setup for typing. Even on PC many uses controller cause its very viable. If you fiddle around the controls you could set up around 50(?)ish hotkey with trigger combo.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sakaiXx

@locopatho said:

A *critically acclaimed MMO with one of the the best storyline and with one of the largest concurrent players playing. Its a great addition to any system that can play it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

It don't really believe Square Enix thinks that developing for Xbox wouldn't be profitable or that they don't have the resources to do so. Rather, I think they realize Sony fanboys value their games more when they're not on Xbox, and they get the free hype, generously forgiving reviews for it, beats any need to wage an aggressive marketing campaign.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@locopatho said:

A *critically acclaimed MMO with one of the the best storyline and with one of the largest concurrent players playing. Its a great addition to any system that can play it.

Eh I guess. Kinda seems like when Switch gets an old port. Good for gamers but not particularly System Wars-y

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sakaiXx

@locopatho said:
@sakaixx said:
@locopatho said:

Eh I guess. Kinda seems like when Switch gets an old port. Good for gamers but not particularly System Wars-y

Kinda, but man imagine playing old ports on switch. Thats awful who does that.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I keep reading you can play the whole game up to level 60 and excluding the expansion for free... but all I see is a 30 day trial. What am I missing?

*edit* ha - just found it. Seems like half their pages are still out of date on the game, but Google skips that issue... freetrial.finalfantasyxiv

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

FFXIV has yet to be released on Xbox, but we're surprised that Xbox isn't a priority? I put hundreds of hours in years ago on PS3/PC... Cannot be arsed anymore.

Its a friggin loss no matter how you slice you miss out on this game xbox is doing a disservice to everyone involved get this game or your not a system were sick of the lies this is one of the biggest mmo's out there if its not on your system its on pc its on playstation if its not xbox i don't know what to tell you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lundy86_4  Online

@ProtossRushX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Its a friggin loss no matter how you slice you miss out on this game xbox is doing a disservice to everyone involved get this game or your not a system were sick of the lies this is one of the biggest mmo's out there if its not on your system its on pc its on playstation if its not xbox i don't know what to tell you.

Shut up.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Games are not a priority for Xbox. In other news water is wet.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Shut up.