uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59358 Posts

@ghosts4ever: My friend, Doom 3 is better in VR. It was a VR game before it became hipstery.

Far Cry 2 is a bad game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#52 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25075 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: My friend, Doom 3 is better in VR. It was a VR game before it became hipstery.

Far Cry 2 is a bad game.

I was living in lie. very deep lie my friend, when I was kid. a child in 2007/8.

general opinion was "Crysis was masterpiece"' and "Far cry 2 was bad" because Crysis was Peecee exclusive and far cry 2 was console game. back when you and me both were in gametrailers.com

but lets analyze it as grown up adult.

Crysis was false PC game. it was first PC exclusive that had regen health combine with cinematic gameplay and on rail segments. it was more consolized than actual console games.

Far cry 2 offer more and more freedom, more tactics, more challenge. never in a single mission FC2 had any hand holding elements. its all about exploration. the weather system alone owned entire Crysis. Crysis was just more polished than FC2 where it was better. everything else FC2 done better.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

All Farcry games have been weaksauce, especially hur hur repetitive FC2. FC1 was ok for its time and Vaas was a really good antagonist in FC3, but that's all the praise the series would get from me.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ghosts4ever

@pelvist said:

All Farcry games have been weaksauce, especially hur hur repetitive FC2. FC1 was ok for its time and Vaas was a really good antagonist in FC3, but that's all the praise the series would get from me.

FC2 was masterpiece. FC1 only ok for first few hours until mutants came.

FC3 was movie game and so is onward.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 uninspiredcup

Crysis > Fary Cries

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#57 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17916 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

If this was VR be interested. Even if it's the same old shit, VR would make it a different experience.

As it stands, ehhhh....

Game journos crying their titties out it's not Marxist propaganda, hoping people will give a shit. When really, nobody cares. ctrl +V the problem, with some jingle jangles. Same shit they do with every franchise.

Yes, VR would make it a different experience... it would be worse. Let's be real here... Locomotion does not work well in VR. Room scale is great where you can move around naturally, but as soon as you try to add VR to traditional games it falls apart. People get sick. To combat that, there is the immersion breaking teleportation system that only works alright on dumbed down slower paced games. So, while I am not excited to play Far Cry 6, I would straight up refuse to play it in VR.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 750 Posts

I am excited for Far Cry 6 and have enjoyed almost all of the games. New Dawn was meh. I think I want to wait for a price cut which should happen around BF I think.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By uninspiredcup
@BassMan said:
@uninspiredcup said:

If this was VR be interested. Even if it's the same old shit, VR would make it a different experience.

As it stands, ehhhh....

Game journos crying their titties out it's not Marxist propaganda, hoping people will give a shit. When really, nobody cares. ctrl +V the problem, with some jingle jangles. Same shit they do with every franchise.

Yes, VR would make it a different experience... it would be worse. Let's be real here... Locomotion does not work well in VR.

That's not being real, that's you giving an opinion and trying to state it as fact. Sadly. With fluff behind it to make it sound more credible.

One word - Onward

Loading Video...

Far Cry is no Quake or Doom, it's slow.

Only aspect that would need workaround is driving essentially, and that ain't exactly fast to begin with.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BassMan  Online

@uninspiredcup said:
@BassMan said:
@uninspiredcup said:

As it stands, ehhhh....

Yes, VR would make it a different experience... it would be worse. Let's be real here... Locomotion does not work well in VR.

That's not being real, that's you giving an opinion and trying to state it as fact.

Sadly.

One word - Onward

First off, that game looks like shit. Also, how many people can comfortably play it without getting sick? Need some strong VR legs for that kind of shit.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By uninspiredcup
@BassMan said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@BassMan said:
@uninspiredcup said:

As it stands, ehhhh....

That's not being real, that's you giving an opinion and trying to state it as fact.

Sadly.

One word - Onward

First off, that game looks like shit. Also, how many people can comfortably play it without getting sick? Need some strong VR legs for that kind of shit.

The actual "shit" aspect is the dumb AI and Facebook dumbing down the graphics for Quest. This is coming from someone who actually played it for 105 hours.

The gameplay (the important stuff) is spot on. With perfect VR implementation. With pacing directly comparable to Far Cry. Only with significantly better shooting.

And yes, a set of rounds can typically go on for 40 min to an hour. Longer for PVP.

What you're complaining about here is accessibility, throwing in subjectivity and hyperbole behind it.

Like, somehow teleportion is a no-no. Or games like Alyx can't be played with 1 hand lying in a bed to the point disabled people can play it.

Far Cry isn't some incredibly in depth game that's just too much for VR, it's grind under the illusion of depth. Which isn't the same thing.

Boat and cars would be the main, and likely, only problem.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BassMan  Online

@uninspiredcup: Come on dude, Onward pacing is nothing like Far Cry. It is like a slow paced mil-sim along the lines of ARMA/SQUAD mixed with Insurgency formula. Far Cry can get real crazy while taking on fortresses with a shit ton of enemies, climbing/vaulting, zip lining, grappling hook, hand gliding, vehicles, etc.. Also, I tried playing Half-Life: Alyx with regular locomotion and it made me sick. I switched to teleport mode and I was fine, but it is a dumbed down slow paced experience compared to traditional HL games.

I know that you have been obsessed with VR since adopting it later on, but it is nothing new for me. I got the Rift at launch and I have a Quest 2 as well. VR has become very affordable and accessible, but most people realize the limitations of VR and that is why it does not get crazy development support or sell as well as traditional gaming devices.

Imagine trying to play a game like Doom Eternal in VR. It just doesn't work. Stop living in the virtual reality and accept the true reality.... VR is not always a good way to play games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By uninspiredcup
@BassMan said:

@uninspiredcup: Come on dude, Onward pacing is nothing like Far Cry. It is like a slow paced mil-sim along the lines of ARMA/SQUAD. Far Cry can get real crazy while taking on fortresses with a shit ton of enemies,

The actual "fast" combat sequences, namely "take-downs" "Climbing" "zip lines" etc... of Far Cry are automated. Basically cutscenes. The player has little to no control other than tapping a key to activate it or occasional on the rails free-look designed to be accessible for control pads. This is something a game like Skyrim VR also has and works fine in VR.

The on-foot movement, bang bang, is directly comparable to Onward. In fact I'd argue it's even slower.

Loading Video...

If you were talking about something like Doom: Eternal, I'd get it. That's better suited for flat-screen. But This? Aside from vehicals, na.

In the end though, even with VR helping make it feel fresh, that Ubisoft busy-work do the same shit over and over for eternity formula would still set in.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Crysis > Fary Cries

Far cry 3 to onwards for sure. and far cry 1 for sure.

but not better than far cry 2.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#65  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

I've just realised I haven't bought a Ubisoft game in 4 years, since Steep in March 2017.

I haven't thought about it until now. I haven't been angrily boycotting them like I once did to EA; instead it's just been 4 years of apathy and boredom.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BassMan  Online

@uninspiredcup: Seriously, do you even watch what you post? How is that slower than Onward? The player is jumping over balconies, sliding around, sprinting, taking on multiple enemies out in the open, jumping and tossing shovels, etc...

Sorry, but you are a delusional VR shill that can not be taken seriously. You are in la-la land.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By uninspiredcup
@BassMan said:

@uninspiredcup: Seriously, do you even watch what you post? How is that slower than Onward? The player is jumping over balconies, sliding around, sprinting,

Can sprint in Onward, check the video or others. Roughly the same speed. "jumping over balconies, sliding", again, automated.

I was doing that in Skyrim VR about, 2 years ago, basic stealth perks, chaining backstab attacks, instant teleport etc..

Loading Video...

RE-watching that, even crouching in stealth is faster with the perk. With roll on top of that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39753 Posts

Holy shit you can see enemies sillouete through walls after simply IDS'ing them once. Don't even need to clim towers anymore. Literally made for the 41y old guy with 2 wives, 4 jobs and 11 children that doesn't have the time to get good at video games.🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BassMan  Online

@uninspiredcup:

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

@uninspiredcup:

I allow you to borrow my gif to fight off uninspiredcup

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44689 Posts

I am seeing the PC version runs like poo, maybe if there is an outrage in the gaming community over it we could see big discounts for it soon.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@sakaixx said:

All I want is just more Far Cry 3.

You'll get it. This latest one sounds like Far Cry 3, only better.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

@hardwenzen: I am very excited. I love all Far Cry games, especially 4 & 5. It is probably my favorite FPS series of all time.

Are you happy now?

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

Maybe when it's 20 bucks in a few months. and if i have nothing else to play... and if i'm in good mood... and if it scores well overall......

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#75  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I usually like the Far Cry games but this one for me looks so dull.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#76 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5296 Posts

According to GameSpot, a 7/10 "review in progress."

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@warmblur said:

I usually like the Far Cry games but this one for me looks so dull.

it took long to realize that Far cry games are dull.

FC5 was one of the most boring open world game i played last gen. couldnot play more than half n hour.

STALKER 2 (with tons of different mods of course) will make far cry obselete. modders going to change STALKER 2 almost every 6 month.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7299 Posts

I struggled to beat 5 it was just overwhelming the story was interesting but it was just the same gameplay as 3 and 4. Not enough changed

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#79 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Am gonna be too busy playing Metroid Dread. Maybe when this goes on a big sale I might pick it up. Im kinda over the 'huge busy-work sandbox game' type that Ubisoft endlessly recycles.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58527 Posts

7 is good, I'll take it.

The game series is just mindless fun which is more or less what I want right now.

Though based on the review/s I read, it sounds like this should be the last installment in the franchise. It won't be--Ubisoft is going to Ubisoft--but it should be.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 pmanden

@strategyfn: Finally somebody whom I agree with completely. Yes, Far Cry 5 rules. And you are right about 5>4>2>3

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 pmanden
@R4gn4r0k said:

Cancelling my preorder later today.

I'm not prepared for another unoptimized Ubisoft game.

73 fps on a RTX3090 on 1080p. Piss off!

But 73fps 1080p is still better than Switch performance, so don't be too disappointed. Lol.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9607 Posts

I'm sure I'll get it eventually and then wonder why I waited so long. The problem is that for the first time in a couple years there are actually other games I want to play right now.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

No thanks... I don't play these types of games anymore.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#85 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1188 Posts

@pmanden said:

@strategyfn: Finally somebody whom I agree with completely. Yes, Far Cry 5 rules. And you are right about 5>4>2>3

I’ve been wondering where 6 will fit in on that scale. It will be really tough to top 5.

It’s a tough call with me liking 4 over 2 since I really loved 2 but 4 is bigger and looks a little bit better.

Gamespot gave 6 a tentative 7/10 but I often give GS scored games an extra point.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Gatygun said:

CPU bound

RT nukes CPU performance. dude has 67% GPU taxation. Which makes sense as he gets about ~60 average on 4k.

You mean in general? or just bad RT implementations?

Because I remember RT in Crysis remastered trashed the GPU performance too, because it didn't run on those RT cores.

In general. Every game RT is in CPU performance dives. sometimes as bad as 2/3 of the performance get sacrificed "ascent", or 1/3 cyberpunk or 1/2 for control.

The reason why people notice it now and not before is because ampere is fast enough now in RT that cpu bottlenecks start to show big time.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BassMan  Online

@Gatygun said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Gatygun said:

CPU bound

RT nukes CPU performance. dude has 67% GPU taxation. Which makes sense as he gets about ~60 average on 4k.

Because I remember RT in Crysis remastered trashed the GPU performance too, because it didn't run on those RT cores.

In general. Every game RT is in CPU performance dives. sometimes as bad as 2/3 of the performance get sacrificed "ascent", or 1/3 cyberpunk or 1/2 for control.

The reason why people notice it now and not before is because ampere is fast enough now in RT that cpu bottlenecks start to show big time.

If you have a shit CPU... sure. Any decent 8C/16T CPU should be fine for RT. My 9900K is 3 years old and it has not been a bottleneck.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Cancelling my preorder later today.

I'm not prepared for another unoptimized Ubisoft game.

73 fps on a RTX3090 on 1080p. Piss off!

@hardwenzen said:

😆😆😆😆😆Seriously?

yeah the game is horribly optimized:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/far-cry-6-suffers-from-major-cpu-single-threaded-issues/

Loading Video...

I was looking forward to it, but based on this kind of optimization I'm most definitely cancelling.

check that 73 fps minimum on 1080p on a RTX3090

Ok I was gonna call BS on this. I played the game for a few hours last night. It played really well and I average around 80FPS @ 3840x1600 with every bell and whistle turned on ultra w/ ray tracing. Similar setup to the guy doing the benchmark...10900k w/ 3090, game is installed on a Samsung 970PRO NVMe drive. I went to test this. Same settings as I had before but dropped the rez down to 1080....I get the same frames/numbers that I had before......whaaaaaaat?

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I watched part of the Easy Allies review, then felt like throwing up. Going to wait for a deep, deep sale.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BassMan  Online

@shadyacshuns said:

I watched part of the Easy Allies review, then felt like throwing up. Going to wait for a deep, deep sale.

A little extreme no? I am pretty sure if you found the game so repulsive, you wouldn't want to play it at any price.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Gatygun
@BassMan said:
@Gatygun said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Gatygun said:

CPU bound

If you have a shit CPU... sure. Any decent 8C/16T CPU should be fine for RT. My 9900K is 3 years old and it has not been a bottleneck.

That's based on a 9900k. Every CPU has this problem because that's just how RT functions.

The only people that do not have this issue, have weak gpu's sit at high resolutions where RT simple hits GPU bottleneck before CPU. If you got a 3080 and play at 1080p/1440p cpu bottlenecks will happen in titles big time.

The video from farcry 6 benchmark showcases exactly this low usage on the GPU because CPU gets hit.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BassMan  Online
@Gatygun said:
@BassMan said:
@Gatygun said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

That's based on a 9900k. Every CPU has this problem because that's just how RT functions.

The only people that do not have this issue, have weak gpu's sit at high resolutions where RT simple hits GPU bottleneck before CPU. If you got a 3080 and play at 1080p/1440p cpu bottlenecks will happen in titles big time.

The video from farcry 6 benchmark showcases exactly this low usage on the GPU because CPU gets hit.

RT demands more CPU resources, but I have never run into a CPU bottleneck when using RT. I usually play at 3440x1440 or 4K. I have also played at 1440p with RT. Who uses their 3080 at 1080p? That is just silly. You would only use a 3080 at 1080p for competitive gaming on a 240/360hz monitor. As for Far Cry 6, the game has shit CPU optimization and is hammering a single thread. This is independent of RT and is an issue with the game engine.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 pmanden

@uninspiredcup: I completed most of Crysis 3 by simply cloaking and dashing away from enemies. Far Cry has far more challenging gameplay. I enjoyed Crysis 2 though.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@uninspiredcup: VR 🤣 😆🤢🤮

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2260 Posts

Mehh based on the reviews and the poor pc performance, I’ll probably wait a bit before picking this, also am really swamped with games atm! So I’ll let Ubisoft sort out the bugs and then pick it up for half price around Christmas!

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#96 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1410 Posts

Skipping through the first hour i can't imagine how anyone could get excited for this forumulaic stale garbage.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I tried FC3 ages ago and it bored me to death about halfway through the game, every one since hasn't looked any better or any less boring.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Gatygun
@BassMan said:
@Gatygun said:
@BassMan said:
@Gatygun said:

RT demands more CPU resources, but I have never run into a CPU bottleneck when using RT. I usually play at 3440x1440 or 4K. I have also played at 1440p with RT. Who uses their 3080 at 1080p? That is just silly. You would only use a 3080 at 1080p for competitive gaming on a 240/360hz monitor. As for Far Cry 6, the game has shit CPU optimization and is hammering a single thread. This is independent of RT and is an issue with the game engine.

I dunno what u are rambling about resolutions but u clearly have no clue how RT works.

Nobody with nvidia gpu's uses RT without DLSS or FSR, if you do the performance will tank massively or the game has some seriously bothered AMD version like deathloop or far cry 6 that basically can't even be called RT to start with as it looks worse then just prebaked shit at that point.

What DLSS does is lower the internal resolution and upscales it with AI, FSR does it without AI. So that means when u sit at 4k performance dlss u are basically rending at 1080p. Quality is 1440p.

This is why i made the statement 1080p/1440p, as without DLSS a actual RT game like ascent / cyberpunk / control will all feature massive performance hit to unplayable framerates.

Control for example enabling RT = ~45 fps at 3440x1440p. with DLSS quality its ~80 fps. Why? far lower resolution.

Go play 4k in cyberpunk with RT on see how that holds up without DLSS, aint happening. So your whole "u only play at high resolutions is not really the reality is it?" And u would have known this if you actually used RT in your life i highly doubt u did.

So back to my original statement that u somehow disagree with that RT doesn't hit CPU performance and a simple good modern half quality CPU will be fine. Well let me showcase you how its not fine and not a single CPU on the market can run RT at high refresh rates for shit because we need far faster CPU's to do this.

Here you go.

Loading Video...

1:25 = no rt + dlss ultra settings = 140 fps 80% gpu usage at 3440x1440 = cpu bound as gpu won't see full taxation

2:20 = RT 3440x1440 without DLSS = 30-45 fps = 100% GPU bound

3:07 = RT + DLSS quality = 53 fps CPU Bound, as GPU is 78% taxated.

So CPU bottleneck with RT = 53 fps can't even hit 60. So hows this possible? RT destroys CPU performance. U see this in every games so no its not shit optimized in this specific title. and with DLSS its easy to see even at high resolutions how good your CPU holds up.

This is exactly what u see with far cry 6 only 70 fps with a 3090 yet it runs 60 fps at 4k. while 4k is far more demanding then 1080p, the fps gain should be far higher right at a lower resolution right? no not really because CPU bound.

This is why we need drastical improvement in CPU performance more then GPU performance at this point in time and anybody saying even a potato cpu can run every game without problems. Yea sure without RT, add RT into the mix and that potato cpu is dead.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#99 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1188 Posts

Early 1hr impression. A fair rating for the game is anywhere from a 4-8/10.

I thought horses would be stupid but they save the game. I thought the alligator would be stupid but he saves the game with his gore.

It doesn’t feel like a Far Cry game to me at times and I think the backpack is stupid. Being a big fan of Far Cry I will still love this though. The game can be boring, but a real soldier once said war can be boring with short bursts of excitement so it is realistic.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 hardwenzen

@strategyfn said:

Early 1hr impression. A fair rating for the game is anywhere from a 4-8/10.

I thought horses would be stupid but they save the game. I thought the alligator would be stupid but he saves the game with his gore.

It doesn’t feel like a Far Cry game to me at times and I think the backpack is stupid. Being a big fan of Far Cry I will still love this though. The game can be boring, but a real soldier once said war can be boring with short bursts of excitement so it is realistic.

Its especially realistic when you have guns shooting discs with soundtracks on them. Even more realistic when you have a pimped up rooster killing armed men. And the game must be REAL fun when the gore from an alligator is saving the game.