hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39140 Posts

I am really annoyed by the fact that nobody is hyping Far Cry 6 on SW. How am i supposed to hate on the game and Ubisoft if nobody cares? So here, i post the first hour of the game made by jackfrags, and hope this gets you pumped to climb towers, scan a camp for the bad guys that you can track through walls because of a red marker on top of their heads, and kill them all with your Anipals that you customized through their mtx store. When done with that particular camp, you will have 499 more camps to free, and that, that is GAMING.

Please be excited.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Far Cry 6 will be garbage.

its Ubisoft

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17832 Posts

My excitement level...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts

Nope. Haven't played a Far Cry past the first one. Which I never beat.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

Why does it bother you whether others like the game or not?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

All I want is just more Far Cry 3.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

I'll be getting it. Looks fun, way better than that Valhalla crap anyway!!

This & Riders Republic look better than I thought they would. I don't think it is just Ubisoft that are at a stalemate with their games...I think it is just about every publisher/developer that either can't move it forward due to developers not being innovative enough, or maybe it is that they are not allowed to be innovative due to risk/reward & financial outlay.

For instance, why does every zombie apocalypse game throw you in at the height of the outbreak. Imagine how better a game it could be if it had Far Cry's open world, COD/Titanfalls tight gunplay controls, & the games story was open ended...

So you get sent into a town or 3, to stop the outbreak at the start, if you fail, the spread gets out & you are now stuck in a rapidly declining in post apocalyptic world, & the game transcends from a action based zombie kill-a-thon, to a open world survival game, cars & fuel are slowly made irrelevant & then horses become your source for traversal, etc.......

But if you stop the zombie out break in the town, then the next potential cataclysmic event arises for you to potentially stop or f^&k up. So instead of like games like FC & the aforementioned zombie & other games that throw you into already ruined or dictatorship hostile environments, you are given against the odds chances to determine where the game goes from there & stop said takeovers.

You could be sent in as a government agents to stop crime gangs, like a reversed GTA, choose to become corrupted & go rogue & join said gang turning to the other side.....

The game could also be played as a 1st shooter in sections, then switch to 3rd person depending on what suits the narrative & game play style of that section of game. Go to a snowy peak, snowboard down with SSX-like thrills, join an illegal street racing club that offers a mesh up of Burnout controllability mixed with Midnight Clubs sensibilities, wanna ride a half pipe or do some skating, THPS mechanics are at hand... A game world that just mixes every great game into one giant package. But, the only way to do this properly, is the impossibility of having ALL developers of these individual genres all work together to do it.

It is the only way it works, hence why the shooting mechanics & controls were so perfect in Rage 2 (as without ID Avalanche would have delivered averageness like many parts of the rest of the game & Just Cause gunplay has always been weak to me).

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24957 Posts

Nope. Rather excited for real FPS games like STALKER 2 and Atomic heart in future.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1179 Posts

I had a good laugh OP that the current consoles are practically Ubisoft machines; Valhalla, Far Cry 6, Riders Republic since I know you hate Ubisoft. All in one year. I am enjoying Far Cry 5 on the new gen so yes to me it’s a Ubisoft machine.

Far Cry 5 is amazing to me so yes I’m hyped for 6.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

I like the Far Cry games. But I will pick this up for £10 in a few year like I did recently with FC5.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kizza_Soze

@ghosts4ever: "Nope. Rather excited for real FPS games like STALKER 2 and Atomic heart in future."

Far Cry 6 will sell 100x the copies of both those snorefests combined. All jokes based on the reality aside though, Atomic Heart looks damn nice, not sure how it will translate into a complete package as I'm not sure of the devs former work/titles..but it does look pretty sweet & as a PS5 only owner, a little envious.

But then I was the same with Ark 2 based off unplayable footage, yet Ark 1 is pretty terribly average & not at all what I hoped, so based of track records....

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34664 Posts

There are quite a few here who are going to get FC6. Just like many are going to get the next AC, CoD or FIFA. Same shit every year, not very fun to talk about, not surprising we don't have any threads about this.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kizza_Soze

Stalker 2 will be LUCKY to break 1 million sales, as it is niche trash! FC6 will eclipse that b!tch & slap it with it's pimp hand for daring to call itself anywhere near as GREAT a fps!!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen  Online

@gym_lion said:

I like the Far Cry games. But I will pick this up for £10 in a few year like I did recently with FC5.

What? How does one like something and waits years to get it? Makes no sense.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2252 Posts

Super hyped for it, even though this entry looks a bit stale compared to fc 5! That being said, Farcry has always represented some of the best open world fps out there, that don’t take itself to seriously and just dump you into an open world and while it usually has a tight story, the object it always to just have fun!

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kizza_Soze

@hardwenzen: "What? How does one like something and waits years to get it? Makes no sense."

Yeah, I can't wait for things like this I want...But I have piles of shame out the wazzoo....so maybe the guys smart & smashed his collection down to allow the time to get through another big a$$ Ubisoft game like this.

I tend to buy EVERYTHING I want on release, & often they either get played for so many hours, or sometimes I never even start them. I would be smarter & better off doing what this guy does, but I can't help myself, & my justification is that I am supporting the developers, which means they can keep cracking out games I enjoy. FC5 is my favorite in the series, which defies popular opinion (everyone thinks FC3 was the high point)..but I just love these games offering a decent story based fps, as opposed to being another COD or BF clone!

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#17  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1179 Posts

Far Cry 5 is my favorite too.

5>4>2>3.

I thought 3 was alright but nothing was that great.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Cancelling my preorder later today.

I'm not prepared for another unoptimized Ubisoft game.

73 fps on a RTX3090 on 1080p. Piss off!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

😆😆😆😆😆Seriously?

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@gym_lion said:

What? How does one like something and waits years to get it? Makes no sense.

I like the games, I don't love them. The kind of game I'll pick up cheap one weekend and play till I get bored of it. I paid about £7 for FC5 after using some Game Pass points and ended up playing it all.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

😆😆😆😆😆Seriously?

yeah the game is horribly optimized:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/far-cry-6-suffers-from-major-cpu-single-threaded-issues/

Loading Video...

I was looking forward to it, but based on this kind of optimization I'm most definitely cancelling.

check that 73 fps minimum on 1080p on a RTX3090

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

😆😆😆😆😆Seriously?

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/far-cry-6-suffers-from-major-cpu-single-threaded-issues/

Loading Video...

I was looking forward to it, but based on this kind of optimization I'm most definitely cancelling.

Funny how you see so many shills on youtube saying how its the best game they've played in years, but nobody talks about this. DF better do their job at exposing this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Far Cry 6 >>>> Deathloop. There.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:

Funny how you see so many shills on youtube saying how its the best game they've played in years, but nobody talks about this. DF better do their job at exposing this game.

After doing my own digital foundry-esque research it seems like this is a long going issue for the engine. But it does seem really severe this time around.

I was prepared to lower my settings to get a higher framerate, but at this point I'm not even going to bother.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kizza_Soze

Long as it's 60fps on PS5, I'm all good. These type of story based fps's really only need to be 60fps tops & locked.... I'd rather them top out visual fidelity, spfx, etc at 60fps & just have fluid, tighter controls than past FC games (as this was always an area I thought they lacked)....I think the 60fps jump from last gens consoles will make a huge impact for me.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k

@kizza_soze said:

Long as it's 60fps on PS5, I'm all good. These type of story based fps's really only need to be 60fps tops & locked.... I'd rather them top out visual fidelity, spfx, etc at 60fps & just have fluid, tighter controls than past FC games (as this was always an area I thought they lacked)....I think the 60fps jump from last gens consoles will make a huge impact for me.

Yeah Xbox Series X and PS5 seem 60fps locked.

My main platform for playing FPS would be PC, but I can settle for a controller :p

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@kizza_soze said:

My main platform for playing FPS would be PC, but I can settle for a controller :p

really? you were looking forward to FC6?

beside when is shadow warrior 3 release date trailer coming? when is System shock remake coming? when is Atomic heart coming?

so many games in que. but shadow warrior 3 and system shock release date being teased since months and we are at end of the year.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kizza_Soze

@R4gn4r0k:

@R4gn4r0k said:
@kizza_soze said:

Yeah exactly. I get wanting 120+ with MP focused fps's, etc if that is what you are used to & have the rig to do it, but as a console only gamer, I love my fps's, and my highlight was PS2 with Timesplitters & Burnout both doing 60fps on that limited hardware...it showed how much smoother game in those genres could be, & I really never envied anything any higher, as they played so buttery smooth & felt perfect to me...Plus everything on PS4/XBOne was 30fps & struggled with that.

So, I'm just happy after 2 gens of console gaming predominantly stuck struggling to push games at a consistent 30, that PS5 & SX are now hopefully not going to struggle with 60fps....although, they have barely scratched the surface of visual capabilities these machines will be able to do with new engines, etc, so 60fps is not even a certainty once these consoles start feeling the strain!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

really? you were looking forward to FC6?

beside when is shadow warrior 3 release date trailer coming? when is System shock remake coming? when is Atomic heart coming?

so many games in que. but shadow warrior 3 and system shock release date being teased since months and we are at end of the year.

Yup, I think a lot of improvements here are stuff to look forward to.

I also like how it's returning to a tropical setting for the first time since 3 and it has a city now like GTA.

Also they finally fixed weapon FOV which is a big one for me. I never liked the weapon FOV in Far Cry games.

@kizza_soze said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Yeah exactly. I get wanting 120+ with MP focused fps's, etc if that is what you are used to & have the rig to do it, but as a console only gamer, I love my fps's, and my highlight was PS2 with Timesplitters & Burnout both doing 60fps on that limited hardware...it showed how much smoother game in those genres could be, & I really never envied anything any higher, as they played so buttery smooth & felt perfect to me...Plus everything on PS4/XBOne was 30fps & struggled with that.

So, I'm just happy after 2 gens of console gaming predominantly stuck struggling to push games at a consistent 30, that PS5 & SX are now hopefully not going to struggle with 60fps....although, they have barely scratched the surface of visual capabilities these machines will be able to do with new engines, etc, so 60fps is not even a certainty once these consoles start feeling the strain!

yeah 30fps is too low for an FPS and the necessary motion blur just ruins the image.

I wonder if Far Cry 6 has accessibility options on consoles, and lets us turn off motion blur for example.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I forgot this was coming out.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I can't remember the last time I got excited for an Ubisoft product. It's been a while, and nothing of theirs coming out looks any good either. I got a copy of that one post apocalyptic third person cover shooter of theirs, I can't even remember the name of it but it was a bunch of copy and paste fetch quest bullshit that I happily uninstalled.

**** Ubisoft.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34664 Posts
@eoten said:

I can't remember the last time I got excited for an Ubisoft product. It's been a while, and nothing of theirs coming out looks any good either. I got a copy of that one post apocalyptic third person cover shooter of theirs, I can't even remember the name of it but it was a bunch of copy and paste fetch quest bullshit that I happily uninstalled.

**** Ubisoft.

lol. I remember the last time I was excited for a Ubisoft game. It was Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I was very dissapointed as it turned out way worse than Sands of Time.

I think you're talking about The Division. Yeah, those are really bad games too.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Looks bad

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

😆😆😆😆😆Seriously?

Loading Video...

CPU bound

RT nukes CPU performance. dude has 67% GPU taxation. Which makes sense as he gets about ~60 average on 4k.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@Gatygun said:

CPU bound

RT nukes CPU performance. dude has 67% GPU taxation. Which makes sense as he gets about ~60 average on 4k.

You mean in general? or just bad RT implementations?

Because I remember RT in Crysis remastered trashed the GPU performance too, because it didn't run on those RT cores.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

I'll play it through Ubisoft+ since I was gonna use it for Riders Republic.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts
@Litchie said:
@eoten said:

**** Ubisoft.

lol. I remember the last time I was excited for a Ubisoft game. It was Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I was very dissapointed as it turned out way worse than Sands of Time.

I think you're talking about The Division. Yeah, those are really bad games too.

Yeah, Division 2 was it. I got it for free when I bought a GPU a couple years ago. That game was boring AF. People actually paid money for it. They'll buy any Assasshole's Creed they make as well. Ubisoft keeps making crap because enough people buy them regardless. Gamers need to stop being suckers, have better standards, and not be afraid to pass on crap so they'll stop making crap.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Ubisoft sucks. Same copy and paste on to a new locale. Performances of the villain have been quite lacking since 3. And as I've stated before on other threads about other games, my biggest gripe nowadays is how shit the AI is. If I can mow down enemies while they just stand there, I'm going to be pretty bored in a hurry. Far Cry games are the poster child for shitty AI now.

I miss Rayman and Splinter Cell games. Ubisoft just makes boring, padded, and most importantly, LIFELESS open-world games now. I can't get engaged in helping NPCs in side missions in their games if they are just dull husks that give quests and rewards upon completion. Ubisoft should just break into the MMO business if they want to keep this up. It is beyond old now.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

Hype is bad.

I am very happy people are not hyping Far Cry 6, means it might actually be an improvement.

And I am excited for it as well. Ubisoft is the company I want to hate but can't, because their games are fun.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@eoten said:

**** Ubisoft.

Last good Ubisoft game was Far cry 2. before that it was Splinter cell chaos theory. Ubisoft used to make masterpieces.

Far cry 2 was incredible game. very immersive and atmospheric. none of later FC game follow FC2 and become cinematic movie games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BassMan
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Gatygun said:

CPU bound

You mean in general? or just bad RT implementations?

Because I remember RT in Crysis remastered trashed the GPU performance too, because it didn't run on those RT cores.

CryEngine uses SVOGI for RT which is similar to UE5 with Lumen. So, it does not make use of the RT cores. Anyway, the issue with FC6 is the CPU optimization is shit and is not making full use of the CPU or GPU because it is hammering a single CPU thread. This is a classic issue with the Dunia engine. However, I am surprised that it is present in FC6 as I thought it had been resolved with previous games. They will probably optimize the game in a patch. No rush though, it is only Far Cry. It is about as exciting as a new COD game. LOL

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Holy Heck!

I couldn't be less interested in another boring template Ubi game. Plus Ubi is run by a bunch of ass hats not worth of my support.

Fuuuck 'em! Not gonna waste my time.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BassMan

@pyro1245 said:

Holy Heck!

I couldn't be less interested in another template Ubi game. Plus Ubi is run by a bunch of ass hats not worth of my support.

Fuuuck 'em! Not gonna waste my time.

You mean to say that you are not excited for Far Cry: Wildlands? This game has a completely original formula and a never before seen setting. hehe ;)

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kizza_Soze

@ghosts4ever:

The 2 Rayman games Legends & Origins were cool before the 27 re-releases on new hardware.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

LOL lots of Ubisoft haters here. I'm not even shocked.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44275 Posts

But I am excited for FarCry 6. 😐

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#47 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I'll get it on sale eventually and probably play it exclusively in co-op so we can talk over the awful dialogue these games always have.

lots of more interesting games coming out in the next couple months so probably wont get it for a while

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

I'll probably get it, could be soon or could be weeks or months down the road. More likely sooner if a friend I do most my co-op with gets it. But I am a bit fatigued with the series. I haven't seen a whole lot to pump me up for it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#49 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59069 Posts

If this was VR be interested. Even if it's the same old shit, VR would make it a different experience.

As it stands, ehhhh....

Game journos crying their titties out it's not Marxist propaganda, hoping people will give a shit. When really, nobody cares. ctrl +V the problem, with some jingle jangles. Same shit they do with every franchise.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

If this was VR be interested. Even if it's the same old shit, VR would make it a different experience.

As it stands, ehhhh....

Game journos crying their titties out it's not Marxist propaganda, hoping people will give a shit. When really, nobody cares. ctrl +V the problem, with some jingle jangles. Same shit they do with every franchise.

Loading Video...

they should have took inspiration from far cry 2 aka ubisoft version of STALKER.

It was release that time when gamers were shitting on it "hur hur its repetetive" when now we see newer FC games are glorified assassisns creed in first person games.

well atleast STALKER 2 should take some inspiration from FC2 anyways.