FF XIII will NOT go to the 360 (FACTS)

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

FFXIII will not be on the 360, but an FFXIII spin off will be on the 360.DaysAirlines

Possibly.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]

Well, after seeing countless posts about FF XIII's exclusiviness on the PS3, I've decide to make a thread with genuine facts on why FF XIII will NOT go to the 360. Will an FF Spin-off (Like Versus XIII) go to the 360? Possibly. But, this is about the main FF XIII game.

FACT 1) The majority of the people who bought 360s bought it for FPSs. Look how badly Blue Dragon flopped.

FACT 2) Japan is where FFs userbase mainly is. Coincedantly, Japan is also the place the 360 is doing poorly in.

FACT 3) With the minor of exception FFIX, every PS Main Series FF game has done very well.

FACT 4) Square Enix has said it themselves "We don't want to see the PS3 fail. But, then again we don't want to see it win by a mile."

MrGrimFandango

Contradicted all your "FACTS" right there, nuff said.

No, that quote did not.

I

BECOME SO NUMB

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]FFXIII will not be on the 360, but an FFXIII spin off will be on the 360.VanHelsingBoA64

Possibly.

They wouldn't have taken all the trouble to make the White Engine a multiplatform Engine in the first place.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
The PS3 isnt selling well.....yet. LEts see how it does after the 40GB SKUs been out for a while and games like MGS 4, Killzone 2, and UT 3 comes out, then will see how it does.
Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
I don't believe that it will go on the X-box 360 too but those facts are pretty meaningless.
Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Tnasty11
Member since 2005 • 4497 Posts
ss_49 FF XII sold 5 million copies world wide
drblake79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 drblake79
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts
Lol...The first FF game was on Nintendo.
drblake79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 drblake79
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts

FFXIII would never been on a system other then the PS3. Even if Sony went bankrupt and discontinued the PS3, Square Enix would not put the game on any other system. Why you ask? Brand loyalty.butteater86

Avatar image for bipedal_gorilla
bipedal_gorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 bipedal_gorilla
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts

FFXIII would never been on a system other then the PS3. Even if Sony went bankrupt and discontinued the PS3, Square Enix would not put the game on any other system. Why you ask? Brand loyalty.butteater86

Just like how Square stayed exclusive to Nintendo because of brand loyalty...o wait. Square Enix is going to go where the money is imo. I do think that FF13 will be exclusive to PS3, but not for that reason.

Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Tnasty11

[QUOTE="butteater86"]FFXIII would never been on a system other then the PS3. Even if Sony went bankrupt and discontinued the PS3, Square Enix would not put the game on any other system. Why you ask? Brand loyalty.drblake79

your point? he saying FFXIII won't go to a other console because of brand loyality
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts

[QUOTE="butteater86"]FFXIII would never been on a system other then the PS3. Even if Sony went bankrupt and discontinued the PS3, Square Enix would not put the game on any other system. Why you ask? Brand loyalty.drblake79

You know why Sqaure left Nintendo? Nintendo before the N64 realese was playing the big boss and so on (it had a whole debate over cartdige and cd), which made Square angey and they switched console. Thats what made Playstation 1 succesful. Square. FF7 made the PS1 sales rise very high, and actually compete against the N64. Other devs saw that, CD was easier to devlop and bam PS1 destroyed the N64.
ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Yeah, your probably right. I doubt it's coming to the 360.
Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Tnasty11
square left nintendo because the cartdige and cd debate
GarchomPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GarchomPro
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
:lol: @ People who think FF 13 is going to the 360
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
Sony owns is the 3rd largest shareholder in SE, I'm sure they have enough sway to keep FF 13 exclusive.MGS9150
Problem is, if Sony is the #3 shareholder, then Nintendo must be either #1 or #2. They're known to have a larger share in Square Enix because of their substantial investment in Enix prior to the merger.
ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts
well if FF didnt come to 360 I wouldnt cry.. if it would come to 360 it would be a game I havent played.. lol
rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#68 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts

FACT 1) The majority of the 360s bought it for FPSs. Look how badly Blue Dragon flopped.

uhh, i dont think BD flopped because people buy the 360 mainly for FPS's. i mean, i dont see the relationship between a flopping game and people buying a system for something else. the game BD flopped because it wasn't good at all. it doesn't mean it flopped in GS because the reviewers liked FPS's only.

FACT 2) Japan is where FFs userbase mainly is. Coincedantly, Japan is also the place the 360 is doing poorly in.

yup, FF's are famous in Japan. but only next to Dragon Quest/pokemon. also, FF's are favored more by americans than they are by japanese. and 360 is favored more by americans right now, so multi-plat to 360 is a possibility - although not yet a definite kind of thing.

FACT 3) With the minor of exception FFIX, every PS Main Series FF game has done very well.

you mean, minor exception of FF X-2? maybe ff9 flopped by american standards too, but you may have forgotten about FF x-2, which makes your Fact #3 lacking.

FACT 4) Square Enix has said it themselves "We don't want to see the PS3 fail. But, then again we don't want to see it win by a mile."

although this may be a clear fact, please link some sites for people to see. thanks :D

ss_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ss_49
Member since 2007 • 1337 Posts

ss_49 FF XII sold 5 million copies world wideTnasty11
Sorry brother, Sony announced the official top ten best selling ps2 games list last Friday.

Final Fantasy XII slotted in at #10 with 3.68 million worldwide.

Still a huge accomplishment but FFVII sales tripled that with a much smaller userbase.

rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#70 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts

butteater86 "FFXIII would never been on a system other then the PS3. Even if Sony went bankrupt and discontinued the PS3, Square Enix would not put the game on any other system. Why you ask? Brand loyalty."

joking, right? you ever heard of the word, "business"? if sony went bankrupt and discontinued the ps3, then SE would put the games they make on another system. are you such a fanboy that you're oblivious to the world around you?

do you really believe that SE would stick to their loyalty to sony even if sony goes bankrupt? when you think about it, if sony goes bankrupt, where would their major income from main games come from? wouldn't that spell bankruptcy for themselves as well? :|

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
Why would the lemmings want FFXIII anyway? the series turned to custard straight after VII.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc4321d1eaf7
deactivated-5cc4321d1eaf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 deactivated-5cc4321d1eaf7
Member since 2005 • 299 Posts

well .. the thing is ..

ps3 will def have all the great games .. mgs4, dmc4, re5, gta4, ff13, ff13 versus, the last remnant, Ut3, killzone..

even for the upcoming assassin creed ..

they all belong to the ps3 .. its just whether the 360 will have them too or not

as you can see .. from the list i have .. the 360 has some .. but not all ..

but the ps3 has it all.

please. the 360 has no (extremely good system seller) exclusives to look forward to after mass effect.

ss_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ss_49

Why would the lemmings want FFXIII anyway? the series turned to custard straight after VII.XenoNinja
Well...because some of us are desperately hoping that SE wakes up and goes back to the roots of the series...

I actually loved VIII and IX. FFXII was the turning point for me :( I'm still hoping that Square comes out and publicly apologizes for that one :P

martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
To be honest the Last Remnant looks better anyway. (Oh and its funny how the 360 got FF11 Onlinebut the PS3 doesn't.)
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#75 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

For PS3's sake it had better stay exclusive.

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 XenoNinja

[QUOTE="XenoNinja"]Why would the lemmings want FFXIII anyway? the series turned to custard straight after VII.ss_49

Well...because some of us are desperately hoping that SE wakes up and goes back to the roots of the series...

I actually loved VIII and IX. FFXII was the turning point for me :( I'm still hoping that Square comes out and publicly apologizes for that one :P

Whats your favourite in the series?

ss_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ss_49

well .. the thing is ..

ps3 will def have all the great games .. mgs4, dmc4, re5, gta4, ff13, ff13 versus, the last remnant, Ut3, killzone..

even for the upcoming assassin creed ..

they all belong to the ps3 .. its just whether the 360 will have them too or not

as you can see .. from the list i have .. the 360 has some .. but not all ..

but the ps3 has it all.

please. the 360 has no (extremely good system seller) exclusives to look forward to after mass effect.

weiliang_1988

The PS3 lineup is awesome but it's far from "having it all"...

You won't get Alan Wake, World in Conflict, Too Human, Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo Wars, Banjo3,InfiniteUndiscovery,LostOdyssey,CryOn or MassEffect. That's alot of games to miss just cuz you're a fanboy...

The only way to "have it all" is to own both systems. After that it just comes down to personal preference.

BTW...what does your post have to do with FFXIII going multiplat? Did you just feel the need to bring some more Fanboy to the thread? Awesome...:roll:

PS:Yuo miSspelld a bUnchh of gmes inn yor signitur :)

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

For PS3's sake it had better stay exclusive.

cosmostein77

Don't worry, it will.

ss_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ss_49
[QUOTE="ss_49"]

[QUOTE="XenoNinja"]Why would the lemmings want FFXIII anyway? the series turned to custard straight after VII.XenoNinja

VII hands down. Cloud is my hero :P I was like 10 when it came out and I used to run around the house with a fake bustersword fashioned out of an old halloween costume. L...O...L.

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 XenoNinja
[QUOTE="XenoNinja"][QUOTE="ss_49"]

[QUOTE="XenoNinja"]Why would the lemmings want FFXIII anyway? the series turned to custard straight after VII.ss_49

VII hands down. Cloud is my hero :P I was like 10 when it came out and I used to run around the house with a fake bustersword fashioned out of an old halloween costume. L...O...L.

ROFL, cool... I didn't mind some of the later games but yeah VII has always been my fav, thats why I'm hoping SquarEnix will do a remake or like you said go back to the roots of the series.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
Mainstream FF's should never go multi-plat. Thats just horrible Square should just picked keep on putting mainstream FF's are a Sony system or move on. Most likely we will always see mainstream FF titles on a Sony console and spinoffs on PS3,PSP,DS,Mobile,Wii and maybe the 360 I wouldn't that I own most of those systems and I'll have the ones I don't have by mid next year.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Main one won't, but one of the twelve spin-offs probably will.
ss_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ss_49

Main one won't, but one of the twelve spin-offs probably will.Verge_6
lolz

FinalFantasyXIII-PrologueX3-Eternal Flame of Everlasting Darkness Part4..."The Beginning".

Only on 360 :P

SE sure knows how to milk a franchise, I'll give them that.

Personally,I blame Enix.

BRING BACK SQUARESOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Avatar image for darphknight-xbl
darphknight-xbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 darphknight-xbl
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Well, after seeing countless posts about FF XIII's exclusiviness on the PS3, I've decide to make a thread with genuine facts on why FF XIII will NOT go to the 360. Will an FF Spin-off (Like Versus XIII) go to the 360? Possibly. But, this is about the main FF XIII game.

FACT 1) The majority of the people who bought 360s bought it for FPSs. Look how badly Blue Dragon flopped.

VanHelsingBoA64
I have to admit those are seriously poor excuses!!!

Think bout it every games company is in the business to make money. Part of the reason half of the games that could/would of be exclusive to the PS3 such as Devil May Cry 4 to name but one is now multi platform is because the development costs of the games alone has gone through the roof.
Also the PS3 DOESN'T have the huge install base like the PS2 had which means for developers to get the money back and make profit the games are going to becoming out more and more multiplatform based.
Vambran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Vambran
Member since 2005 • 1921 Posts
FF7 the best Final Fantasy of all time........... Came out on PC. Anything can happen.
pastro243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 pastro243
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gwzK7us7XQ

FF13 cant go to the 360, its like saying that god of war for ps2 was going to go out for the gameboy color

Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts

I don't think it's the type of game 360 owners would really go for anyway. Eternal Sonata's sales figures may prove me wrong, anyone know how it sold?

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HuusAsking

I don't think it's the type of game 360 owners would really go for anyway. Eternal Sonata's sales figures may prove me wrong, anyone know how it sold?

Sir_Graham
It's only been a month, but it hasn't been exactly roses.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 HuusAsking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gwzK7us7XQ

FF13 cant go to the 360, its like saying that god of war for ps2 was going to go out for the gameboy color

pastro243

Perhaps you can put it into words? I prefer to avoid YouTube.

The thing is, Square Enix is a third party developer and distributor. Unless Sony is publishing FF13 (which, last I checked, is being done by S-E itself), the only reason for exclusivity to the PS3 would be contract (which may well be the case--Sony could have chipped in both money and good development kit for the privelege). Sure, Sony has a stake in the company, but so does Nintendo (Why else did DQ9--the real Japan moneymaker--jump ship?).

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 HuusAsking
FF7 the best Final Fantasy of all time........... Came out on PC. Anything can happen.Vambran
That's an interesting story in itself. Sony published the game itself for the PlayStation. After a year's wait, SquareSoft contacted Eidos Interactive to publish the PC version of the game. This didn't happen with 8 (which also came out for the PC eventually) because by that point SquareSoft resumed publishing its own games.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#91 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Fact 1 was opinion and Blue Dragon didn't flop.

Fact 2 isn't true. It's more like half. It's about as popular there as it is here. Dragon Quest is much bigger in Japan than Final Fantasy.

Fact3 is wrong. While IXdidn't do as well as some of the other Final Fantasys, it still sold relatively well and aswell recieved by critics and fans alike.

Fact 4doesn't even help your arguement.

Otherwise, yeah, I agree XIII wont b multipltform. Let the PS3 keep it. Final Fantasy has been crap ever since X-2 showed up. And if it does go to the 360 as well, good for the 360. It'll probably help sales in Japan.