Everyone thats saying PS3 is gonna fail due to sales on this board....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts
is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)
RTweaponchange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RTweaponchange
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts

is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)Uptown

no, the only way i will buy a ps3 is if too human flops. If too human flops than I will need my fix of god of war3

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
Thats quite an assumption, don't you think?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)Uptown

Mighty big assumption you got there...

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)The_Game21x

and you know what they say when you assume ;)
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Uptown

[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)The_Game21x

its a good one however.  Any hardcore gamer cant pass on specific Sony exclusives forever.  a pricedrop coupled with final fantasy and metal gear solid on the shelf will sway quite a few of you and you know it! :)
Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)Uptown
I have to agree.....Who could resist a price drop, MG4 or GOW 3
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts
It's mostly a bunch of fanboys who love to fuel anti-PS3 hate. I simply dont listen to them anymore.
HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)Uptown

its a good one however. Any hardcore gamer cant pass on specific Sony exclusives forever. a pricedrop coupled with final fantasy and metal gear solid on the shelf will sway quite a few of you and you know it! :)

I can...and I have the past two generations.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Uptown
[QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)HappyAppe

its a good one however. Any hardcore gamer cant pass on specific Sony exclusives forever. a pricedrop coupled with final fantasy and metal gear solid on the shelf will sway quite a few of you and you know it! :)

you never owned a sony console? wow u missed out on alot.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Game21x
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)Uptown

its a good one however.  Any hardcore gamer cant pass on specific Sony exclusives forever.  a pricedrop coupled with final fantasy and metal gear solid on the shelf will sway quite a few of you and you know it! :)

"Quite a few" does not mean everyone on this board. :|

And there are plenty of hadcore gamers who can pass on the PS3 and its exclusives. I hate to break it to you, but not everyone loves the PS3 as much as you do.

crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
[QUOTE="Telekill"]It's mostly a bunch of fanboys who love to fuel anti-PS3 hate. I simply dont listen to them anymore.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

they'll only stay exclusive if sony sells more. what a vicious cycle ;)
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts
Never once had a desire to buy a sony console... never owned PS1 or 2 so why start now??? especially when the 360 is superior in every way including graphical power.... did that sting?
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
[QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

And there are plenty of hadcore gamers who can pass on the PS3 and its exclusives. I hate to break it to you, but not everyone loves the PS3 as much as you do.

He's talking about hardcore gamers who don't like to miss some of the best games, which quite a few will be coming to the PS3. Oh and not eveyone loves the 360 as much as you do

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Uptown
Never once had a desire to buy a sony console... never owned PS1 or 2 so why start now??? especially when the 360 is superior in every way including graphical power.... did that sting?colmusterd28

clue stinks. did that sting ;O
Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
Where is PS3_FTW hiding? I haven't seen  him around lately, LOL.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
So your argument is potential future sales that could or could not happen > hardware being sold now?
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Uptown
So your argument is potential future sales that could or could not happen > hardware being sold now?Hoffgod

nope i never said that.  dont put words in my mouth.
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts

[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]Never once had a desire to buy a sony console... never owned PS1 or 2 so why start now??? especially when the 360 is superior in every way including graphical power.... did that sting?Uptown

Ha ha ha ha....no.

But every time you read a review of a 360 game outperforming its PS3 counterpart you die a little inside...

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Uptown

[QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]Never once had a desire to buy a sony console... never owned PS1 or 2 so why start now??? especially when the 360 is superior in every way including graphical power.... did that sting?colmusterd28

Ha ha ha ha....no.

But every time you read a review of a 360 game outperforming its PS3 counterpart you die a little inside...

I own a 360 as well...i really dont lose in this situation.  I'll be buying Virtua Tennis 3 for 360 for the online play...ZING! ;]
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

i can't think of any reason to buy a ps3....

sorry..

OceanLeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OceanLeet
Member since 2007 • 938 Posts
is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)Uptown

I seriously doubt the PS3 will drop to $200-$250 or less within the next two years.  That's the most I'll pay for a video game console.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#24 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Hardcore Gamers at Gamespot's System Wars =/= Mass Market Consumer (aka Casual Gamer)

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Uptown

[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)LosDaddie

Hardcore Gamers at Gamespot's System Wars =/= Mass Market Consumer (aka Casual Gamer)

I never said they were the same.....why are people going routes that I obviously wasnt talking about here?
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts
[QUOTE="HappyAppe"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

I hate when people say this. I dont feel like I missed a thing not owning a Ps2.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Uptown
[QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="HappyAppe"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)MentatAssassin

I hate when people say this. I dont feel like I missed a thing not owning a Ps2.

by not owning one, why would u feel any different?
FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FancyKetchup25
Member since 2006 • 3007 Posts
Yes im sure everyone on here has the money to afford multiple consoles,  but you said so so you MUST be right.
Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Goldensun48
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]Never once had a desire to buy a sony console... never owned PS1 or 2 so why start now??? especially when the 360 is superior in every way including graphical power.... did that sting?Uptown

ouch... ah no, k so you still bought a ps3 when a 360 has better games, better online, and a better graphics processor?
FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FancyKetchup25
[QUOTE="MentatAssassin"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="HappyAppe"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

There are some very happy people in this world who dont own gaming consoles, their called regular.  Im sure youve missed out on some great things too, like outside.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Uptown
Yes im sure everyone on here has the money to afford multiple consoles, but you said so so you MUST be right.FancyKetchup25

When did I ever say purchase them all at once?  I said within a year or two.  You couldnt buy a PS3 a year or two from now?  Are you that strapped for cash?
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
there not in shelves every lemming ignores that i went to EB games saw the PS3 boxes and told em if they had any in shelves and they replied "NO" they think just because the boxes are there means PS3's are in stock :lol:
its hard to find ps3's in NY
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Uptown
[QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="MentatAssassin"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="HappyAppe"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)FancyKetchup25

There are some very happy people in this world who dont own gaming consoles, their called regular. Im sure youve missed out on some great things too, like outside.

if you knew me you'd know you're gravely mistaken with that "outside" comment.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Game21x
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)Ragnarok1051

He's talking about hardcore gamers who don't like to miss some of the best games, which quite a few will be coming to the PS3. Oh and not eveyone loves the 360 as much as you do

And when exactly did I happen to make that claim? :|

Quite of "the best games" are headed to the Xbox 360 and Wii as well. The PS3 isn't the only place to go for great games.

FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FancyKetchup25
[QUOTE="FancyKetchup25"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="MentatAssassin"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="HappyAppe"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

There are some very happy people in this world who dont own gaming consoles, their called regular. Im sure youve missed out on some great things too, like outside.

And yet i dont.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Uptown
[QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="FancyKetchup25"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="MentatAssassin"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="HappyAppe"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)FancyKetchup25

And yet i dont.

thats too bad considering you have almost 1/3 the amount of posts I have in less than a year of being a member, and ive been a member since 2002.
Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Goldensun48
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

And when exactly did I happen to make that claim? :|

Quite of "the best games" are headed to the Xbox 360 and Wii as well. The PS3 isn't the only place to go for great games.

so wait i heard that ps3 is NOW getting gears, halo3, mass effect, forza 2, fable 2, AND bioshock? whom oh yeah i forgot ps3 is the only console that REAL games come out on:roll:
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Pathetic cows still hoping, praying, wishing, and dreaming that anything they say or claim might come true even without anything to back it up. But here you go I have some things you could do that might help.

1) Write to Santa Claus and wish that PS3 wish that everyone is going to buy one in a year or two...

2) Find a Magic Lamp and wish for everyone to buy a PS3 in a year or two...

3) Wish on a Shooting Star

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts
And soon enough all the cows bashing the 360 will give in and buy one when they get tired of waiting for the PS3's "potential" greatness to come. See? I can make up farfetched claims too. :|
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
Where is PS3_FTW hiding? I haven't seen  him around lately, LOL.Number_1_Gamer
I think he got suspended or Banned.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoffgod"]So your argument is potential future sales that could or could not happen > hardware being sold now?Uptown

nope i never said that.  dont put words in my mouth.

Okay, just wanted to make sure. Still, I fail to see how you take comfort in this. So people might buy the system in the future? Keep in mind we're the hardcore gamers, a small segment of the population that doesn't really have any impact on who wins and loses. I'm planning on buying a PS3 in 2009. So what? Does that do anything to offset the myriad of issues facing the PS3 right now? No, it doesn't. Does that mean that the general populace will turn around and embrace the PS3? No, it doesn't. If anything, its an interesting observation, and a generalized one at that. Nothing more.
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 elpoep
Member since 2005 • 1287 Posts

The point is that the GBA is out selling the PS3.

The point is if Sony had not try to drag the PS3 into a format war with Blu-Ray we'd be able to buy PS3 at a competitive price.

The point is the PS3 sold less not more this last month. The PSP is getting outsold 3 to 1 all over the world.

The point is Sony has lost MANY exclusives to the 360 and it doesn't look like it will end.

The point is Sony as a business lost there top notch bond raing of AAA to AA (like PS3 games).

The point is I'll be playing MGS4 on 360 3 months after its out for PS3-- and that will be the end of the PS3.

The point is your thread has no backing and is left to wishful thinking--and losers always are left with wishful thinking of success.

Its old.  Stop with the, "in the future" talk. 
Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Goldensun48
[QUOTE="Uptown"]is most likely going to buy one in a year or two anyways and boost the sales so whats the point of it all? 8)elpoep

The point is that the GBA is out selling the PS3.

The point is if Sony had not try to drag the PS3 into a format war with Blu-Ray we'd be able to buy PS3 at a competitive price.

The point is the PS3 sold less not more this last month. The PSP is getting outsold 3 to 1 all over the world.

The point is Sony has lost MANY exclusives to the 360 and it doesn't look like it will end.

The point is Sony as a business lost there top notch bond raing of AAA to AA (like PS3 games).

The point is I'll be playing MGS4 on 360 3 months after its out for PS3-- and that will be the end of the PS3.

The point is your thread has no backing and is left to wishful thinking--and losers always are left with wishful thinking of success.

Its old. Stop with the, "in the future" talk.

the point is 360 has a better grapihcs processor, meaing that the 360 will ALWAYS be superior

the point is the 360 has more efficeint hardware

the point is the 360 has far more games

the point is the 360 actually has AAA games

the point is the 360 has games that i am actually looking forward to

the point is the ps3 was hyped to be 120fps 4d dual hdmi, and guess what it doesnt have any of these features

the point is the ps3 is being beaten in sales by a 20 yr old handheld

the point is every game hyped AAA is getting A, AA

overall ps3 = flop