blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16580 Posts

@theam0g: I don't really think first mover advantage really applies here. Plus, if gamepass becomes a house hold name, that's only because the service is that damn good. Sony could compete but refuses to...they want to protect their profits as much as possible. That's why we have 5 remasters of tlou.

Facebook wasn't the first social media site...we had MySpace and hi5 before it.

First mover advantage really only applies to physical limited resource like at&t scamming people by building internet wires underground at a time when it's much cheaper to do so. Thus securing their monopoly. Or SpaceX throwing up satellites into space, is another first mover advantage because the amount of space in space is also limited.

Digital first mover advantage is much weaker than physical.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

I'm wondering what the FTC is going to do.

September is the deadline for the FTC's decision, although most people aren't really concerned with their decision since Microsoft has made it clear that they will close without their approval.

The process is sort of halted pending the CMA appeal, so it is kinda moot. However, if the CMA reverses their decision on appeal, then unless the FTC files an injunction to halt the process, it will move forward. The problem for them is that filing an injunction requires them to provide more basis than filing a lawsuit. The Judge is basically going to ask for a reason why the deal needs to be blocked beyond just "We want to block it" and the FTC doesn't really have a strong justification beyond wanting to block big tech acquisitions(at least within US legal precedent). They haven't filed an injunction because it being denied would be an extremely public sign that they have no power and that the entire proceeding is just political theater. They also made sure to put their decision as late as possible because they were hoping that the CMA and EU would both block the deal and Microsoft would give up (allowing the FTC to claim victory despite having done basically nothing). The CMA decision went in their favor. The EU one didn't. If the CMA drops it on appeal, then the FTC will most likely just quietly drop their lawsuit rather than try to do anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@theam0g: Digital first mover advantage is much weaker than physical.

Netflix says otherwise.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts

@dabear said:

@loudheadphones: Except if MS threatens to pull out, will the UK blink? It's not like other countries tries in the EU world love to step right in.

You put too much stock in the UK's global power.

Mind you that EU literally COD is not so strong in EU like in US or UK. Ok if you think that MS can leave UK. Ask then a 6000 people there who are working for MS, especially from PlayGround Games, Rare and Ninja Theory. Do you want to Playground games, i mean these devs who are from UK and working there to abandon Forza Horizon or Fable. Imagine losing all that talent. Sacrificing people jobs just to play COD via Gamepass.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

Well this was a turn of events. I wonder who suffered a meltdown from this news?🤔 Oh! 13 and 14.😂

Even if the deal goes through, what would have fundamentally change for gamers?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@loudheadphones: They can relocate out of the UK. It's not without precedence - look at all the companies that left due to Brexit.

Without a physical presence, the CMA has no teeth.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

It's never a good idea to relocate people from their birthplace to a new territory and I can't imagine living somewhere else if I was in that position to begin with. MS has resources but how is it used on the people is a question but relocation shouldn't be one of them.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#58 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@gotgames said:

Deal will be approved sooner or later, system is not meant to protect consumers like they are supposed to it’s meant to protect the companies.

Exactly! This a rich man's war

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12342 Posts

@lavamelon: The CMA has already outlined their acceptable remedies and, none of them are behavioral. As it stands, Microsoft would need to divest some portion of Activision Blizzard for them to agree with the acquisition. The options were: Call of Duty business, Activision, or Activision + Blizzard (they would keep King).

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The UK prime Minister must be mad at the CMA for putting him in this position.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

Lol done deal right lems?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#62 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

@theam0g said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

How much MS money are in those regulators pockets? This sucks!

How much of Sony's money is in the CMT's pocket is a better question.

Barely. That's still corruption on both company's counts. As bad as that is, I'd rather the deal was blocked, not for Sony fans, but because consolidation is bad.

@lebanese_boy said:

All the people calling the deal dead conveniently ignore the possibility of MS just outright buying those people off (if they're not doing it already). Wouldn't put it past them to do so.

It's the only thing about this mess that just makes sense to me at this point.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Yay , i really hope this passes, because I’m so tired of seeing the Xbox sucking so badly all the time

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 851 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness: I think you are referring to an older article that talks about them selling off some of Activision. But one of the main concerns that got the acquisition blocked in UK was how cloud game servers would run on Windows rather than Linux, giving Microsoft too much power (even if Cloud gaming competitors had access to Call of Duty, they still need to pay Microsoft for Windows server software in order to provide CoD to their customers). Divesting parts of Activision was never a big concern, cloud infrastructure was.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6435 Posts

Why are people saying MS will relocate their English studios? there's no way that is going to happen, most of the staff would quit than relocate to another country. That's crazy talk, wash that crap out of your mouths.

It looks like the CMA is gonna go it alone to the point it will hurt it's own country in the entertainment sector. But no MS will not be leaving the UK, relocating its studios and the like. MS will find a way.

In the end though I wish this thing was over already, its dragged on waaaay too long.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

This is over now.

With the EU and the US approving this the UK will have some type of special workaround.

No biggie either way though.

Can’t wait to see what MSoft does with BlizAct.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@daredevils2k:

You would be devastated kid,your spiderman pajamas will be soaked in piss

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

I don't know why lemmings are cheering for more Redfalls...?

- Activision is exclusively Call of Duty now and the last ones really sucked
- Bethesda is producing more 4/10 games and their last game Fallout 76 REALLY sucked dick
- Blizzard is producing phone-games primarily: ''Y'all not have phones???"
- With the addition of Blizzard, are lemmings really cheering for the addition of breastmilk thieves?
- With the addition of Activision, are they REALLY cheering for people that worship Bill Cosby?

Like what the actual ****?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

To be honest I've always said I don't care about Activision I play none of those games. How can you lord an acquisition if you play none of the games on offer.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

To be honest I've always said I don't care about Activision I play none of those games. How can you lord an acquisition if you play none of the games on offer.

Activision does hold some good franchises hostage, such as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Pitfall and Zork.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@kathaariancode: now that the acquisition is going through, do you think cows will stop buying COD?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45326 Posts

Not sure why anyone is excited for this, we just got the wonderful 4/10 Redfall under Microsoft’s watch.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

This was the appropriate place to put this new info but the so-called Mod (Dav) put it in a month-old thread instead. ;o

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/microsofts-deal-to-buy-activision-blizzard-will-be-33602691/

OT...

TCHBO... Bigly. lol :P

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic said:

Not sure why anyone is excited for this, we just got the wonderful 4/10 Redfall under Microsoft’s watch.

And before that the 9/10 Hifi Rush, 10/10 Deathloop, 8/10 Grounded, 9/10 Forza Horizon 5, 9/10 MSFS, 9/10 Psychonauts 2, 6/10 Pentiment etc, etc all under MS watch...oh wait my bad they don't fit your narrative lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pedro

@SecretPolice: Comment 8, 😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Pedro
@SolidGame_basic said:

Yes! Just like the 9/10 and the 10/10 . 😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SecretPolice

@Pedro said:

@SecretPolice: Comment 8, 😂

lol ;)

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45326 Posts

@last_lap said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

And before that the 9/10 Hifi Rush, 10/10 Deathloop, 8/10 Grounded, 9/10 Forza Horizon 5, 9/10 MSFS, 9/10 Psychonauts 2, 6/10 Pentiment etc, etc all under MS watch...oh wait my bad they don't fit your narrative lol.

If you don’t believe me, just check GameSpot’s website 😎

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@davillain said:
@regnaston said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

We have the Ukraine thread dude

But yeah cows are rekkd.

EU > Ukraine

I'm in no position to tell anyone what to do

Dude! You are the MOD! You have the POWA! You are THE MAN!

@davillain Don't ever doubt yourself DavillainPrime:

Loading Video...

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3459 Posts

@kvallyx: Do they play games at all? I doubt it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

@last_lap said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I have a feeling the Forza Motorsport reboot will be huge as well.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

If you don’t believe me, just check GameSpot’s website 😎

That's as weak of a rebuttal i've seen in a while, because I never disagreed with you, but your lack of wit in this instance is funny, maybe you should check Gamespots website for some 🤣

All I was doing is adding context to your cherry picking.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 KvallyX

Looks like it is going to go through.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SecretPolice

@kvallyx said:

LOL ;)

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Last_Lap

@theam0g: For me it will, but not many here like racers. So if it scores well then, we'll see some lems who are also not into racers use it as ammunition against cows, and if it doesn't score then cows will be all over this to put crap on lems.

In the end though when both sides are playing scores, i'll be too busy playing the game to care, and so will all the other racing game fans.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 KvallyX

@last_lap said:

@theam0g: For me it will, but not many here like racers. So if it scores well then, we'll see some lems who are also not into racers use it as ammunition against cows, and if it doesn't score then cows will be all over this to put crap on lems.

In the end though when both sides are playing scores, i'll be too busy playing the game to care, and so will all the other racing game fans.

Hopefully FM8 is better than FM5. When they "started from scratch" from FM4 to FM5, FM5 shit the bed.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Last_Lap

@kvallyx: I have to disagree, the problem with Forza 5 was its lack of content, and that's because MS wanted it as a luanch title for the XB1.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By KvallyX
@last_lap said:

@kvallyx: I have to disagree, the problem with Forza 5 was its lack of content, and that's because MS wanted it as a luanch title for the XB1.

Which is what I don't want. A lack of content. Forza 5 scored a 79 with metacritic. The worse scoring Forza ever. I want this to come out packed with content. I don't want it drip fed over the course of 3 years, only to have minimal content at release. If they want to drip feed content after release, I am fine with that so long as it's on top of a game that is packed with value for $70.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts
@kvallyx said:

@SecretPolice said:
@kvallyx said:

LOL ;)

It won't :

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/625b836d-971f-47ee-b4b5-e537eca5d70f

"at 11:00:15 the guy from parliament says that the government will give more powers to the CMA to prevent big tech takeovers and says that the Big tech are putting a lot of money into paying activists/lobbyist to try to influence the CMA and give them a bad image"

Btw. you are quoting a MS paid astroturfer Florrian Mueller, a literally a psyscho. Really?

I found this while looking into Florian Mueller who is another Microsoft shill on twitter

http://techrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/comes-3096.pdf

It essentially lays out Microsoft's playbook for astroturfing and dealing with any competition or "enemies" as they call them.

It is an internal Microsoft document that became public during an anti trust lawsuit Microsoft lost many years ago and seems to have been lost with time.

Essentially if Microsoft has any competitor they want to extinguish them. Sometimes that involves playing nice with others but eventually want to overwhelm them with their money and power.

“Working behind the scenes to orchestrate “independent” praise of our technology, and damnation of the enemy’s, is a key evangelism function during the Slog. “Independent” analyst’s report should be issued, praising your technology and damning the competitors (or ignoring them). “Independent” consultants should write columns and articles, give conference presentations and moderate stacked panels, all on our behalf (and setting them up as experts in the new technology, available for just $200/hour). “Independent” academic sources should be cultivated and quoted (and research money granted). “Independent” courseware providers should start profiting from their early involvement in our technology. Every possible source of leverage should be sought and turned to our advantage.”

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8500 Posts

WTF EU...??? More like Ewwwwww.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

I can't help but be a bit suspicious of the CMA. This flimsy streaming thing that NO ONE has been able to get working as a business. And this is their hill to die on? Did they even do a study on it? It's been a month and I'm STILL struggling to understand this. Even if technology catches up, it is SO far from guaranteed.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 KvallyX

@SecretPolice said:
@kvallyx said:

LOL ;)

Now that it's a done deal, cows are going through FITS!!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Pedro

I am still waiting for what is going to change if this deal goes through? Seems to me everything would remain the same.🤷🏽‍♀️

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8273 Posts

@Pedro said:

I am still waiting for what is going to change if this deal goes through? Seems to me everything would remain the same.🤷🏽‍♀️

yeah, not sure why cows would be upset if the deal goes through.. from an end-user standpoint, everything is the same except for a few new titles will now be coming to Game Pass and other services (including PS Now+ if Sony allows it)..

maybe our one "revenue warrior" is afraid that their narrative will get turned upside down if Microsoft/Xbox owns money-printing IP like Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Candy Crush, and Diablo.. 🤔

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 KvallyX

@Pedro said:

COD on PlayStation would no longer get exclusive content, early access.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#96  Edited By ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 719 Posts

Thank you Phil for the players and help to give Call of Duty and Candy Crush to all players every where!! Every one disagree with CMA 🤔

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2953 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Eu always gotta do the opposite of what UK does

I had rather say that UK always gotta do the opposite of what EU does. UK didn't want the Euro, often disagreed with the EU, and then came Brexit. UK has always been the bad boy in Europe class. Anyway, CMA is starting to look more and more ludicrous. What was their argument again? Something about monopoly on cloud gaming? Cloud my ass.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Randy_Lahey

Love watching this lemming victory dance. Can’t wait to tag all you Ls once MS and ABK give up on this deal due to the CMA

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Randy_Lahey

@kvallyx: done deal amirite?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points