gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#203 gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

@Antwan3K: what alt trio feel free to ask me if I had an account on gamespot before. the Witcher 3 is overrated, had many technical issues on PS4. I played it on ps5 had much better performance and was much more enjoyable still not that good, sword play sucks and there is more.Zelda reminds me on Dark Cloud 1 the way it looks. Have not played it myself yet not willing to pay 70$ for a ps2 game. From what i have seen it looks like crap anyone say the opposite should check their eyes. Elden Ring isn’t that good AI sucks after 50 hours of play and beating the desert boss i could not understand the praise for this game.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#204 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8273 Posts

@gotgames said:

@Antwan3K: what alt trio feel free to ask me if I had an account on gamespot before. the Witcher 3 is overrated, had many technical issues on PS4. I played it on ps5 had much better performance and was much more enjoyable still not that good, sword play sucks and there is more.Zelda reminds me on Dark Cloud 1 the way it looks. Have not played it myself yet not willing to pay 70$ for a ps2 game. From what i have seen it looks like crap anyone say the opposite should check their eyes. Elden Ring isn’t that good AI sucks after 50 hours of play and beating the desert boss i could not understand the praise for this game.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14009 Posts

Microsoft is Daniel Plainview.

Gimme back my milkshake!

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Xbox studios call of duty

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@adrian1480 said:
@loudheadphones said:

It is not false. They can't and they won't leave UK. MS needs ask shareholders for that. And shareholders LOVES THEIR MONEY or else, they will lose BILLIONS!!

Mentioned before in other thread and Xbox peeps specifically ignore that :

Problem is for Microsoft is that the UK is already by far the biggest AI hub for investment in Europe and a leading AAA gaming hub globally as well. Bobby Kotick and Nadella know this first hand. UK ruling is a worldwide ruling, no matter what the Xbox peeps are saying. It's a worldwide rulling because Microsoft cannot pull from the UK.

Is there any reason to believe they won't figure it out?

No, they already have it figured out. Which is why the acquisition is going through. I wouldn't bother listening to those alts that signed up another account this year. There is a reason they are hiding behind a new tag. They are lying to you through their teeth.

Provided links and CMA aren't lying

@randy_lahey said:

@kvallyx: stop lying bro. Microsoft does not have it figured out. If you’re so confident, ATVI is cheap right now. Put your money where your mouth is, otherwise you’re spreading bs.

I dunno WTF he is blabbing about

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#208 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

No, they already have it figured out. Which is why the acquisition is going through. I wouldn't bother listening to those alts that signed up another account this year. There is a reason they are hiding behind a new tag. They are lying to you through their teeth.

Your headphones are too loud. You are going delirious. And your alt is melting down. Here, have some video game feet to help you cope.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 loudheadphones

@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

Your headphones are too loud. You are going delirious. And your alt is melting down. Here, have some video game feet to help you cope.

Man, you are fucked up guy

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By KvallyX

@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:

Man, you are fucked up guy

^that irony

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#211 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@loudheadphones said:
@sealionact said:
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:
@sealionact said:

Complain? They had to explain their actions to a select committee of MPs, where the CMA was reminded that they are a Government department, and are not a power onto themselves.

“The Business and Trade Committee of the British Parliament held an oversight hearing yesterday where the CMA's chair Marcus Bokkerink and CEO Sarah Cardell had to answer lawmakers' questions.”

In particular, MP’s want to know why the CMA is the only one of 37 country regulatory bodies that have refused to allow the merger.

CMA grilled by MP’s

Don't bother with him. He's an alt cow troll, trying to regurgitate some random tweets he found. He has literally no idea what he is talking about. He is upset that the acquisition is going through because it's makes Microsoft a bigger competitor in the console wars. He is already upset that the Switch won gen 9 already, putting the PS5 in a gen loss, again.

Grill is the new slang for questioning, huh!

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/625b836d-971f-47ee-b4b5-e537eca5d70f

"at 11:00:15 the guy from parliament says that the government will give more powers to the CMA to prevent big tech takeovers and says that the Big tech are putting a lot of money into paying activists/lobbyist to try to influence the CMA and give them a bad image"

Hello, Fosspatents. SCUM

Btw. you are quoting a MS paid astroturfer Florrian Mueller, a literally a psyscho. Really? You, Xbox peeps are associating with a damn psyscho? Is that it??

I found this while looking into Florian Mueller who is another Microsoft shill on twitter

http://techrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/comes-3096.pdf

It essentially lays out Microsoft's playbook for astroturfing and dealing with any competition or "enemies" as they call them.

It is an internal Microsoft document that became public during an anti trust lawsuit Microsoft lost many years ago and seems to have been lost with time.

Essentially if Microsoft has any competitor they want to extinguish them. Sometimes that involves playing nice with others but eventually want to overwhelm them with their money and power.

“Working behind the scenes to orchestrate “independent” praise of our technology, and damnation of the enemy’s, is a key evangelism function during the Slog. “Independent” analyst’s report should be issued, praising your technology and damning the competitors (or ignoring them). “Independent” consultants should write columns and articles, give conference presentations and moderate stacked panels, all on our behalf (and setting them up as experts in the new technology, available for just $200/hour). “Independent” academic sources should be cultivated and quoted (and research money granted). “Independent” courseware providers should start profiting from their early involvement in our technology. Every possible source of leverage should be sought and turned to our advantage.”

Guy is a damn maniac!

I have no idea who Florian muller is, nor do I care. Yes, the CMA was “grilled“ by mps. Thats not my interpretation, thats the general consensus of what happened when the CMA were reminded that their job isn’t to prevent deals being made in the UK when all 37 international bodies who have looked at the deal approved it.

The UK is very much alone in their interpretation, and the Government is not happy about it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/uk-mps-grill-regulator-over-microsoft-activision-blizzard-deal-block-day-after-eu-grants-approval

Grilled.

Grilled = questioned.

CMA alone, yet.... Looks like you ARE IGNORING very important part

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/625b836d-971f-47ee-b4b5-e537eca5d70f

"at 11:00:15 the guy from parliament says that the government will give more powers to the CMA to prevent big tech takeovers and says that the Big tech are putting a lot of money into paying activists/lobbyist to try to influence the CMA and give them a bad image"

UK parliament gave them more powers. It is over 9000!!

And as i provided FT article

Financial Times ( paywalled ) :

UK regulator’s chiefs defend decision to block Microsoft-Activision merger

The heads of the UK’s competition regulator have insisted that they are not creating a “hostile” environment for tech companies after the agency was criticised for blocking Microsoft’s $75bn takeover of Activision Blizzard.

Answering questions from UK members of parliament on Tuesday, Marcus Bokkerink, chair of the Competition and Markets Authority, and its chief executive Sarah Cardell defended its stance on the video games industry’s largest deal, despite the European Commission accepting commitments from Microsoft and approving the tie-up on Monday.

“I think it’s absolutely critical that we maintain a constructive dialogue [with the tech industry] and that’s something that I seek to do and I’m doing regularly,” said Cardell, “so I don’t find that we are operating, sort of broadly speaking, in a hostile environment.”

Cardell added she had told tech companies in preparatory meetings ahead of the creation of a new digital markets unit, run by the CMA: “This is a sector where we want to work together.”

After executives at Microsoft and Activision suggested the CMA’s decision threatened to damage the UK’s profile among overseas businesses, Conservative MP Bim Afolami challenged the regulator’s top executives over how its decisions took account of Britain’s “international reputation”.

“I will challenge the premise that there is an impact on international confidence in doing business in the UK, that the best way that confidence is served is by turning a blind eye to anti-competitive mergers,” said Bokkerink. “We are vigilant . . . about investments that consolidate and entrench market power.”

In response to the CMA and EU’s contrasting decisions, Activision chief Bobby Kotick has said that “the UK is clearly closed for business” while saying his company would “meaningfully expand our investment and workforce throughout the EU”.

Cardell told MPs that officials at the CMA and in Brussels agreed about the potential harms of the Activision deal in the cloud gaming market but differed in their acceptance of Microsoft’s proposed remedies.

While the EU said that Microsoft had agreed to allow buyers of Activision’s games to stream them on rival cloud gaming platforms for up to 10 years, Cardell said that after “very carefully” considering “several iterations” of that proposal, CMA officials “ultimately concluded that remedy would not be effective to resolve the competition concerns”.

She also denied accusations levelled by Kotick that the CMA was acting as a “tool” of US antitrust enforcers, who have also opposed the deal.

“We are absolutely not doing the bidding of other agencies. We undertake our own analysis,” she said.

Parliament giving the CMA wider powers has nothing to do with the issue at hand. The CMA are a Government body, and when they make questionable decisions, they are still answerable to the Government regardless of which powers they have….which is why MPs hauled the CMA in front of this commitee.

The CMA having wider powers is a good thing - they still have to explain why they are the only regulatory body to block the merger.

As for your fabricated quote about MS trying to influence the case through lobbying, the CMA categorically denied that.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By loudheadphones
@sealionact said:

Parliament giving the CMA wider powers has nothing to do with the issue at hand. The CMA are a Government body, and when they make questionable decisions, they are still answerable to the Government regardless of which powers they have….which is why MPs hauled the CMA in front of this commitee.

The CMA having wider powers is a good thing - they still have to explain why they are the only regulatory body to block the merger.

As for your fabricated quote about MS trying to influence the case through lobbying, the CMA categorically denied that.

CMA is an INDEPENDENT BODY. It is soooo easy to google it.

If UK parliament had intended for the CMA to be open to gov intervention more expressly, then it would have of course introduced those types of powers/failsafes in legislation. In the future, who knows, maybe it will - but it certainly won’t for this merger.

Yep, through dumbasses like fosspatents.

Guy who questioned CMA was, guess who was paid by some "lobbying firm" who tried to influence CMA during questioning.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/may/03/revealed-bim-afolami-tory-mp-was-paid-2000-a-month-by-lobbying-firm

It's amazing how people in positions of power are willing to put their careers and lives at jeopardy, all over paltry sums of money. 2 grand a month? Really? Could you not negotiate a better deal for yourself?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 KvallyX

@sealionact said:

Well stated, and all facts.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

I don't know if I ever...Evah, saw the bovine brigade this shook. ;o

Okay, I kid, I kid, they're this shook and kooky about anything MS/Xbox 24/7/365. lol :P

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@sealionact: the CMA are actually not a government body. Try again

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Randy_Lahey

@simple-facts: Xbox studios 4/10

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 sealionact

@randy_lahey said:

The CMA are a department of the Government. There is no Minister attached to them, so they are independent of Government policies, but are nonetheless part of the Government.

You tried…and failed as usual.

https://www.freeagent.com/glossary/competition-and-markets-authority/

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By sealionact
@loudheadphones said:
@sealionact said:

CMA is an INDEPENDENT BODY. It is soooo easy to google it.

If UK parliament had intended for the CMA to be open to gov intervention more expressly, then it would have of course introduced those types of powers/failsafes in legislation. In the future, who knows, maybe it will - but it certainly won’t for this merger.

Yep, through dumbasses like fosspatents.

Guy who questioned CMA was, guess who was paid by some "lobbying firm" who tried to influence CMA during questioning.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/may/03/revealed-bim-afolami-tory-mp-was-paid-2000-a-month-by-lobbying-firm

It's amazing how people in positions of power are willing to put their careers and lives at jeopardy, all over paltry sums of money. 2 grand a month? Really? Could you not negotiate a better deal for yourself?

Sigh…..and yet the CMA stated during questioning that they had no problems with Lobbyists trying to influence them. Even if they had been approached by lobbyists, you seem to think that lobbying is somehow illegal or not allowed.

Keep posting nonsense though.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By KvallyX

@sealionact said:
@randy_lahey said:

The CMA are a department of the Government. There is no Minister attached to them, so they are independent of Government policies, but are nonetheless part of the Government.

You tried…and failed as usual.

https://www.freeagent.com/glossary/competition-and-markets-authority/

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Randy_Lahey

@sealionact:

Independant non-ministerial department. So I guess a little of column A and a little of column B, but they do seem to be government related but not swayed by government input or political lobbying. I guess i was technically incorrect.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 KvallyX

@randy_lahey said:

@sealionact:

I guess i was technically incorrect.

In the end, it doesn't matter. This is going to go on for another year. At least it keeps System Wars active.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

It will be funny if Australia and New Zealand approves the deal. 😂

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#223 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 719 Posts

@xhawk27: CMA look stupider every day.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Randy_Lahey

@thatforumuser: why’s that because they didn’t bend over for your favourite trillion dollar company?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#225 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 sealionact

@randy_lahey said:

@sealionact:

Independant non-ministerial department. So I guess a little of column A and a little of column B, but they do seem to be government related but not swayed by government input or political lobbying. I guess i was technically incorrect.

You are at least one of the rare people here who aren’t afraid to admit they’re incorrect.
Bravo for that.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8273 Posts

@randy_lahey: show us on the doll where Microsoft touched you.. we'll try and get you some help..

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Randy_Lahey

@Antwan3K said:

@randy_lahey: show us on the doll where Microsoft touched you.. we'll try and get you some help..

Why don't you shoot us a pic of your microsoft paystub? Otherwise all the free simping you do for them would probably be the most pathetic waste of time someone can put themselves through.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 loudheadphones

@sealionact said:

Sigh…..and yet the CMA stated during questioning that they had no problems with Lobbyists trying to influence them. Even if they had been approached by lobbyists, you seem to think that lobbying is somehow illegal or not allowed.

Keep posting nonsense though.

Of course CMA doesn’t have problem with lobbyists because they aren't dumb to be bribed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Pedro

@Antwan3K said:

😂

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 sealionact

@loudheadphones: Lobbyists don’t bribe. Lobbying is legal. This is what you don’t seem to understand.

Hint; The clue is in the name “lobbying” not “bribing”.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By loudheadphones
@sealionact said:

@loudheadphones: Lobbyists don’t bribe. Lobbying is legal. This is what you don’t seem to understand.

Hint; The clue is in the name “lobbying” not “bribing”.

OK. Paid by a corp to push corp interests.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By sealionact

@loudheadphones: Big difference from a bribe which is what you suggested before you edited your post. 😅

Also; The CMA are a Government body independent from party policies, not an independent body that has no ties to the Government.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 KvallyX

And China approves. WOW. MS sure knocked it out of the park! Xbox Game Studios presents Call of Duty!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Poo bovine brigade. lol :P

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Randy_Lahey

@kvallyx said:

And China approves. WOW. MS sure knocked it out of the park! Xbox Game Studios presents Call of Duty!

How does this help MS unblock the deal with the CMA?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:

Because China is a major player in the PC market and not to mention MS OS dominates in China. Not like MS needs to unblock CMA in the UK as you already know that from the get-go.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 KvallyX

@davillain said:
@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:

Because China is a major player in the PC market and not to mention MS OS dominates in China. Not like MS needs to unblock CMA in the UK as you already know that from the get-go.

You beat me to it.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Randy_Lahey

@davillain said:
@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:

China is about as relevant to getting this deal passed as my butthole is approving it. CMA blocked and unless they get that appeal thru - it’s over.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Pedro

@randy_lahey said:

China is about as relevant to getting this deal passed as my butthole is approving it. CMA blocked and unless they get that appeal thru - it’s over.

So, it is not over then?🤭

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro: Psst, psst. Should we tell him how CMA doesn't have power over MS?

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@randy_lahey:

Education may be your friend,it won't save you from having to make an alt account when the deal goes through,but it may prevent you from looking like a complete moon boot in future 👍

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 KvallyX

@randy_lahey said:
@davillain said:
@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:

This is getting closed with or without CMA.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@kvallyx said:

You would think he would (or any Sony fan) know this by now.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Randy_Lahey

@davillain: @kvallyx:

You guys unfortunately have no idea what you’re talking about. High off hopium.

How do you figure MS will operate in the UK without approval from the CMA. Oh but you know the answer already

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Randy_Lahey

@davillain said:

@Pedro: Psst, psst. Should we tell him how CMA doesn't have power over MS?

Ya pssst pssst you and your green buddy can tell me all about how you process your hopium regarding this deal.

Read this Dav. Tell me if you comprehend what it says

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Randy_Lahey

@kvallyx said:
@randy_lahey said:
@davillain said:
@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:

Kvally I’ll bet you $100 USD it doesn’t pass. if I lose I’ll PayPal it to you and vice versa. considering I have to convert from CAD, it will end up costing me thousands

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 851 Posts

@randy_lahey: If UK refuses to approve of the merger without any further concessions, then Microsoft can sweeten the deal by removing Activision games from UK Game Pass (but still include it other parts of the world that approved the merger), making it impossible for CMA to justify how it would be a monopoly. No Activision games on UK Game Pass would make it easier for other cloud companies to compete. Good luck claiming there’s a monopoly.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By KvallyX
@randy_lahey said:

@davillain: @kvallyx:

You guys unfortunately have no idea what you’re talking about. High off hopium.

How do you figure MS will operate in the UK without approval from the CMA. Oh but you know the answer already

Remove cloud/Game Pass access for ABK games.

@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:
@randy_lahey said:
@davillain said:

Kvally I’ll bet you $100 USD it doesn’t pass. if I lose I’ll PayPal it to you and vice versa. considering I have to convert from CAD, it will end up costing me thousands

We use Kroner (NOK). Keep that shit US currency away from me.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#250 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3459 Posts

I think money bets are a bit too much, no?