Eternal Sonata (X360) in the US this summer! First pics of US version!

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts

I want this game, badly.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
what consoles...ill have to wait for reveiws for a buy on this game
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 osusfaith
what consoles...ill have to wait for reveiws for a buy on this gamepoopinloop32
360 exclusive
dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
i would rent this and if i liked it buy it. i wouldnt wait for no review thats another persons opinion i would try the game myself. it looks beautiful!
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, and Lost Odyssey all within the span of a few months...

That's crazy. Can't wait. :)

Still have Cry on and Infinite Undiscovery to look forward to as well and that's only what's announced. Of course, those 2 are 2008 i believe.

zzzaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zzzaaa
Member since 2003 • 616 Posts
This looks cool, but whats up with the pieces of bread :shock: I see so many pictures of people carrying pieces of bread in that game lol.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
That looks awesome. I can't wait for this game either.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 osusfaith
This looks cool, but whats up with the pieces of bread :shock: I see so many pictures of people carrying pieces of bread in that game lol.zzzaaa
lol they're all from 1 cut scene/area I think. I don't think bread is a big part of the game (god i hope it isnt lol)
GabeBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GabeBlack
Member since 2005 • 1821 Posts
Man I dont know much about this game but im a sucker for cell shaded games like this. Dragon Quest 8, Rogue Galaxy and the like. Im thinking this may be a buy just because im a sucker for games that look like this.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, and Lost Odyssey all within the span of a few months...

Still have Cry on and Infinite Undiscovery to look forward to as well and that's only what's announced. Of course, those 2 are 2008 i believe.

Puckhog04
agreed. Sad thing even with all these good japanese games Japan will not give 360 a shot. It is really sad when the western competitor has more japanese centric games then the japanese competitors.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 osusfaith
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

too_much_eslim
agreed. Sad thing even with all these good japanese games Japan will not give 360 a shot. It is really sad when the western competitor has more japanese centric games then the japanese competitors.

Well there's too much of a negative stigma associated w/ the Xbox brand there unfortunately. Basically think of the negative connotations that come to mind when you think of cancer, murder, pedophilia, debauchery, torture, slavery, and so on. You think of horrible things when I say those words right? Japan equates those things with the Xbox brand name lol
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

too_much_eslim

Heh, it's no surprise that Japan shuns the Xbox 360. MS gets JRPG's to cater to the Japanese and the Japanese grow even further ignorant to this as time goes on. It was foretold with the original Xbox.

lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts
*enters thread*

*sees horrid game*

*pukes*

*leaves*
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Puckhog04

Heh, it's no surprise that Japan shuns the Xbox 360. MS gets JRPG's to cater to the Japanese and the Japanese grow even further ignorant to this as time goes on. It was foretold with the original Xbox.

They gave Nintedno and Sega a second chance why not the Microsoft.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 too_much_eslim
*enters thread*

*sees horrid game*

*pukes*

*leaves*
lespaul1919
you are sad
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
*enters thread*

*sees horrid game*

*pukes*

*leaves*
lespaul1919
looks like someones sad that its not coming to the ps3...
GabeBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GabeBlack
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

too_much_eslim

Tell the truth I do like some of the stuff that comes from japan. But I cant really seem to care if they dont like a weestern product or not. Im just worrid about me having fun and what can give it to me. And right now thats the 360. Its not like I would not give the Wii a shot ,but I cant find the damn thing. But so many of the good games are mini games and the third party games are "still" not all that great.

But if People in japan dont want to play these games its no loss to me. Maybe it will just mean some japan game makers will not even bother releaseing in japan and send it directly to North America and EU.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

too_much_eslim

Ask them...

Fact is they really never gave MS a chance to begin with.

karzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 karzan
Member since 2003 • 385 Posts

Puckhog04

I would also include Two Worlds as well, i think it has potential to be a great game. So that's 5 rpg's within the span of a few months!! Also add Fable 2 to 2008, with Cry On and IU. This is exactly why i brought the 360.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Puckhog04

Ask them...

Fact is they really never gave MS a chance to begin with.

True which is why the first xbox didn't do well. I mean there were no big titles from japan on the xbox before so only around 500 thousand people bought it. So it is not like everyone had the system and was not happy with it. Japan needs to stop being bias and have fun playing quality games.

ShaneBeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 ShaneBeck
Member since 2005 • 10511 Posts
So glad I bought a 360. It is the RPG console, whether Japan likes it or not.

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
The only other previous game made by this company has been Baiten Kaitos. Theyve also done the sound work on Radiata Stories, Star Ocean, and Valkyrie Profile. Looking at their track record Eternal Sonata is a 7.5 - 8.0 game. 8)
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]The only other previous game made by this company has been Baiten Kaitos. Theyve also done the sound work on Radiata Stories, Star Ocean, and Valkyrie Profile. Looking at their track record Eternal Sonata is a 7.5 - 8.0 game. 8)

either way still going to be a good game for me.
GabeBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GabeBlack
[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]The only other previous game made by this company has been Baiten Kaitos. Theyve also done the sound work on Radiata Stories, Star Ocean, and Valkyrie Profile. Looking at their track record Eternal Sonata is a 7.5 - 8.0 game. 8)

Im Almost done playing Star Ocean 3. Its not a bad game it just has some annoying stuff and issues with the plot that I dont like. That game was like a 7.5-8.0.

Im thinking Eternal Sonata should be around a 8.0 -8.5. At least I think we should all be able to agree it will be better then that horror of a game called Enchanted Arms. Devs can blame the 360 all they want  and move the game to the PS3 but crap is still crap.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="GabeBlack"][QUOTE="Carmilla31"]The only other previous game made by this company has been Baiten Kaitos. Theyve also done the sound work on Radiata Stories, Star Ocean, and Valkyrie Profile. Looking at their track record Eternal Sonata is a 7.5 - 8.0 game. 8)

Im Almost done playing Star Ocean 3. Its not a bad game it just has some annoying stuff and issues with the plot that I dont like. That game was like a 7.5-8.0.

Im thinking Eternal Sonata should be around a 8.0 -8.5. At least I think we should all be able to agree it will be better then that horror of a game called Enchanted Arms. Devs can blame the 360 all they want  and move the game to the PS3 but crap is still crap.

EA wasn't that bad. Yeah its story and voices (japanese and american) wasn't all that great, but the battle system was fun. I also liked some of the locales. It was a decent game. It help my urge for a jrpg when I needed one badly.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 osusfaith
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="GabeBlack"][QUOTE="Carmilla31"]The only other previous game made by this company has been Baiten Kaitos. Theyve also done the sound work on Radiata Stories, Star Ocean, and Valkyrie Profile. Looking at their track record Eternal Sonata is a 7.5 - 8.0 game. 8)

Im thinking Eternal Sonata should be around a 8.0 -8.5. At least I think we should all be able to agree it will be better then that horror of a game called Enchanted Arms. Devs can blame the 360 all they want and move the game to the PS3 but crap is still crap.

EA wasn't that bad. Yeah its story and voices (japanese and american) wasn't all that great, but the battle system was fun. I also liked some of the locales. It was a decent game. It help my urge for a jrpg when I needed one badly.

Yea I agree, EA was a decent game. Not worth a purchase, but definately a rental (I got through it in like 4 or 5 days)
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

osusfaith

Someone has their priorities mixed up.  Making friends >>>>>>>>>>>> Life

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="GabeBlack"][QUOTE="Carmilla31"]The only other previous game made by this company has been Baiten Kaitos. Theyve also done the sound work on Radiata Stories, Star Ocean, and Valkyrie Profile. Looking at their track record Eternal Sonata is a 7.5 - 8.0 game. 8) too_much_eslim

I liked Enchanted Arms to be honest. It wasn't the best but it was a great filler. And the combat system was very good IMO (like you said).

Mister_Bate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mister_Bate
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts
That game looks fruity
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 too_much_eslim
That game looks fruityMister_Bate
great contribution :roll:
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 osusfaith
The graphics in this game are sublime
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 too_much_eslim
The graphics in this game are sublimeosusfaith
As good as they are we all know Mistwalker's Cry On will destroy this game graphically.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 too_much_eslim
360 will be the best this year for RPGs and depending on what else is announced this year might be able to take the crown next year too.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

too_much_eslim

they can be like that. as long as I have the games, they can kick rocks.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="osusfaith"]The graphics in this game are sublimetoo_much_eslim
As good as they are we all know Mistwalker's Cry On will destroy this game graphically.

maybe.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]The graphics in this game are sublimeDreams-Visions

maybe.

Imagine Lost Odyssey, but cell shaded. Cry On will destroy it graphically.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]The graphics in this game are sublimetoo_much_eslim

maybe.

mmm....I can taste that...but I must see it. :)
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
best. cel shading. EVER!
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]The graphics in this game are sublimetoo_much_eslim

maybe.

Got any screenshots? For all we know Cry On can turn out like that game in your avatar, 99 Knigts. :(
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 osusfaith
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]The graphics in this game are sublimeDreams-Visions

maybe.

The art guy from Panzar Dragoon is doing the artwork for Cry On.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]The graphics in this game are sublimeCarmilla31

maybe.

Got any screenshots? For all we know Cry On can turn out like that game in your avatar, 99 Knigts. :(

Mistwalker has been producing quality games why would they all of sudden decide to make a graphically inferior game.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]The graphics in this game are sublimeDreams-Visions

maybe.

Of course of course. I can't wait. I am actually more excited about that game then the games we are getting this year because it sounds so unique.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 too_much_eslim
Umm why was my comment deleted about hoping Sega would make another Panzer Dragoon game.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 osusfaith
Umm why was my comment deleted about hoping Sega would make another Panzer Dragoon game.too_much_eslim
probably too long of a quote chain