Errr, whats so good about COD4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Maddog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Maddog-
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts

Seriously, I see everyone saying its something special and infact both IGN/GT claim it beats all the others.....how so?

We all know COD games have dull storylines and its always the same stuff, gameplay wise...sure its added some neat gameplay features..but its still the basic stuff. The only good thing i see is the animation..which Killzone 2 still has it beat. Killzone story has more depth and overall more interesting...lets not forget the graphics beat it and so does its overall more realistic gameplay, IMO.

COD has been done way to many times...its the forth one, but just modern combat...WOW! so NEW! :roll:

well??

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
Why won't they just stop making these war shooters? There are so many of them.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Why won't they just stop making these war shooters? There are so many of them.Nintendo_Man

It might have something to do with them being fun and competitive games. What would you prefer they make?

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]Why won't they just stop making these war shooters? There are so many of them.inertk

It might have something to do with them being fun and competitive games. What would you prefer they make?

How many times can you fight in the same war over and over before you go insane? How about creating new story lines and then you can create new unique wars.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
[QUOTE="inertk"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]Why won't they just stop making these war shooters? There are so many of them.Nintendo_Man

How many times can you fight in the same war over and over before you go insane? How about creating new story lines and then you can create new unique wars.

That's exactly what they're doing....

Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts

How many times can you fight in the same war over and over before you go insane? How about creating new story lines and then you can create new unique wars.Nintendo_Man
That's CoD4 in a nutshell. :P

Edit: Aww, Ya beat meh to it!

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
[QUOTE="inertk"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]Why won't they just stop making these war shooters? There are so many of them.Nintendo_Man

Considering in COD4 we're not fighting the same war that we've played before, I'm assuming 3 times. 3 times we've fought in WW2. Now, we're in modern combat. Awesome.

But from the trailer it looks as though they're formulating their own story line instead of following wars past, there are plenty of other games that have fictional battles and wars too. Y'know?

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
The difference between CoD4 and KZ2 is CoD 1,2 and 3 were actually decent, fun games.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts

The difference between CoD4 and KZ2 is CoD 1,2 and 3 were actually decent, fun games.user_nat

Huh?

Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts

[QUOTE="user_nat"]The difference between CoD4 and KZ2 is CoD 1,2 and 3 were actually decent, fun games.white_sox
Huh?

I think he's speaking in tongues... :?

him42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 him42
Member since 2004 • 6811 Posts

[QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="user_nat"]The difference between CoD4 and KZ2 is CoD 1,2 and 3 were actually decent, fun games.Teh_Stevz

Huh?

he makes perfect sense to me.

Previous CoD games (especially infinity ward's titles)were excellent games that got relatively little hype.

Killzone was hyped and mediocre.

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
[QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"]

[QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="user_nat"]The difference between CoD4 and KZ2 is CoD 1,2 and 3 were actually decent, fun games.HIM42

Huh?

he makes perfect sense to me.

Previous CoD games (especially infinity ward's titles)were excellent games that got relatively little hype.

Killzone was hyped and mediocre.

Exactly what I was saying.. I guess I could have explained it a lil better :P

WeeWeeJumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 WeeWeeJumbo
Member since 2005 • 5380 Posts

Nintendo_Man

Well, in the other CoD games, you were a WW2 soldier. CoD4 happens in a near future where a Russian warlord, embittered at the fate of Russia and the former Soviet satellites, distracts the U.S. with a proxy-war-in-disguise somewhere in the Middle East; the U.S. is forced to engage this remote enemy, and when the time is right, it is also forced to engage Russia. The goal is to weaken the U.S. militarily by tricking it into fighting a two-front war, and of course at some point in the game, the two fronts merge as the U.S. realizes it's been duped. I think that's pretty keen, you know, edgy, relevant and stuff. What more do you want from a war-game's storyline?

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
Arent CoD's battles on a larger scale where killzone mostly consists of small skirmishes?

CoD:
Assault this city and annihilate all resistance while completing various objectives.
(Alot of free roaming)

Killzone:
Walk through this series of tunnels and suburbs to the end of the level
(prefixed pathing)
archpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 archpro
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts

Why won't they just stop making these war shooters? There are so many of them.Nintendo_Man

We need more MMORPGS!!!

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
Well, you haven't played it and neither have I but from what I've heard about COD4, everything is great about it. Why do you think it won so much recognition at E3 this year?
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
well I don't see whats so damn special about MGS. interactive movies FTL? that said, I wouldn't expect a cow to know anything about FPSs. killzone was fun, but if you think that there was anything unique about it aside from its great art direction then you've got some problems. COD4 looks fantastic with strong AI, a great presentation, amazing gameplay (albiet a tad stiff), and a rock solid MP mode with enough features to make other FPSs pale. COD is probally the only FPS series on consoles besides both halos thats actually worth a damn. so yeah, it deserves the hype its getting and then some.
x_boyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 x_boyfriend
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts

The difference between CoD4 and KZ2 is CoD 1,2 and 3 were actually decent, fun games.user_nat

Haha. nice one.

Avatar image for Manly-manly-man
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Manly-manly-man
Member since 2006 • 3477 Posts
The graphics are as good or better then any other console game, new story line, intense large scale battles. Also, what is the story behind Killzone? What is so deep about it?