Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

have you already tried vr btw? because for games it's just the same, well it's even better since there you have interactivity, like aiming and shooting, boxing.

That gtx 1070 works quite well for vr I must say, but my gtx 970 was actually quite good as well, even for fallout.

Yeah I tried it some time ago. I'm gonna wait for a bit before I buy one. Probably gonna buy a 2080 Ti or whatever they call it and the next generation of Vive if they release one.

I have to say fallout 4 vr is one of the biggest landmarks I have had I my life with games. It defenitely rivals the same feeling I had when I played halflife for the first time, and I played that when it released back in 1998.

The other games are nice, but they are arcadey or too old (like doom 3 vr)

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Isn't bayonetta on the xbox as well, I never played it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

aaa gaming bad bayonetta good

Another one

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#54 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@TheEroica: I almost jumped into it recently on BC on my X1X. Now ill definitely do so or just buy it for my switch.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I found Beyonetta to be quite an unlike-able character and I didn't like the game at all. Im not a fan of the genre though really.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#56 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@commander: yeah it's on ps3 360(and x1) pc and switch

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

@goldenelementxl: haha... Well, I'm sitting on Bayonetta 2 to play next, but first I'm gonna go through Bayonetta 1 a couple times. I can safely say that Bayonetta 1 on switch is like a bowl of ice cream with chocolate, peanut butter, caramel and Gummi bears on top. If you've already played through these games I can see waiting for a discount because from what I understand they are the same games as were previously released, but having TWO of the very best hack and slash games ever on the go? No Brainer

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheEroica  Moderator

@lifelessablaze: it's my cross to carry.... I'm trying to make it right! Seriously though, how can a gamer pass up on games this good? I feel like an idiot.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TheEroica  Moderator

@freedomfreak: not all AAA, but definitely some of it, but that wasn't really the point I was going for... I was more thinking about how truly great games can go through the wickets of time being ignored given today's market. I wish I had that spark to just buy a wonderfully bizarre game like this back when it actually released.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheEroica  Moderator

@cainetao11: nice! Yeah, i was really floored at just how focused the game is... Its built around some incredible gameplay...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#61  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@Vatusus: I'm still in the afterglow of a playthrough... I loved NG too. DMC has always been just ok to me. Never clicked the way I'd hoped.

Even if DMC isnt your type of game you've probably seen one of the dozens of DMC combo videos out there to aknowledge DMC combat gives Bayonetta a run for its money (imo it even surpasses it for technicality even if the combo variety isnt as big as Bayonetta's). The thing is, in bayonetta you can press buttons and do cool stuff due to the combo variety while in DMC you have to know what you're doing in order to do so.

@xantufrog said:

@GiveMeSomething: What makes GoW better? The button mashing, the imprecise feeling combat, or the even-less-likeable protagonist? Really don't care for those games at all personally. GoW3 was GIVEN to me and I didn't finish it.

They aim at different things even if they're put within the same genre. GoW has some platforming/traversal, puzzles and the claim that the combat is "button mashy" is just naive. Jut like with Bayonetta, you can beat the game simply by button mashing (Bayonetta actually has an exploit that can make most fights pretty easy: Dodge and while on witch time hold triangle with shuraba... voilá, 80% of the game beaten easily, even on hard mode). In this types of games, and to an extent with fighters, you can beat most of them simply by button mashing but its not about that but rather what kind of crazy sh*t you can do with the combat system. Beating these games is just half the fun. If you actually took time with GoWs combat, you could actually do some good stuff with it. The problem is that most people dont even give it a chance

Loading Video...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Bayonetta is excellent. Tasteless scrubs don’t grasp how good that game is.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I bought the crappy PS3 version day 1. For all it's flaws it was still incredible. One of the best games from last gen. I'm more willing to take a chance and buy a new ip over yearly rehashes. We need more hack n slash games this gen.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Vatusus: you may be right. I've not been able to get into them, and thus haven't had a chance to develop any deep mechanical insight (which in turn feeds my inability to get into them). I guess it's just not the IP for me, but I'm a dummy so I'm probably going to give the new GoW a go too :-p it looks good to me... (more disappointment and GoW grumbling incoming from xantufrog, I suppose)

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#65  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

I've been playing Bayonetta lately and I'm stuck on my third boss fight with Jeanne (the one on Isla Del Sol). I love the game despite the plot being pretty meh. I don't get how some of you guys hate the characters, the characters and the humor make up for the plot in my opinion.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

I've been playing Bayonetta lately and I'm stuck on my third boss fight with Jeanne (the one on Isla Del Sol). I love the game despite the plot being pretty meh. I don't get how some of you guys hate the characters, the characters and the humor make up for the plot in my opinion.

I dunno. I didn't see much humor in my time playing the game. Didn't play very far though. I saw Bayonettas zoomed in crotch, butt and boobs about 50 times though. And I got annoyed every time they interrupted the gameplay to show me her crotch, butt and boobs. Too much, wasn't funny. And I hate cutscenes in games generally, and this game, from what I played, is filled with cutscenes. Not a fan QTEs either, and Bayo is filled with that too.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I only like Hack and Slash games that are easy.

God of War series is the best overall.

DMC(reboot) is the only game I could finish in that series therefore it is the best.

Ninja Gaiden sucks and was overrated because it has the absolute WORST camera system on the planet.

There is a few more I like But I am too lazy to type.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

Have not played it myself, but curious since I'm a Devil May cry fan. is their actual depth to the story, or is it just silly? Would love to hear from a DMC fan who also likes this

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#69 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think years ago I got this game mixed up with Bullet Witch a lot. I really don't know why. Is the gameplay similar?