EGM sonic wii!! review

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Truth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Truth01
Member since 2005 • 2732 Posts
[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"][QUOTE="Dr_Evil_PhD"]

[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]there should be a rule against hyping Sonic games. I'm guessing it got a pathetic score of something like this 7.5,7.0,8.0 and sheep will rave about the controlscamzaman

you do know that 7.0-8.0 are good scores right? :?

not in my book .

You're just as stupid as a stuffy movie critic.

Wow, wow, easy. Not everyone has the same base level expectancy from a game. To say that he's stupid because he doesn't like 7s or low 8s is flawed. I'm on the same boat as him and I consider myself selective.
flclisfun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 flclisfun
Member since 2007 • 583 Posts

[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]there should be a rule against hyping Sonic games. I'm guessing it got a pathetic score of something like this 7.5,7.0,8.0 and sheep will rave about the controlsDr_Evil_PhD

EGM also grades very harsh....
sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 sdifjds
Member since 2003 • 1088 Posts
Did they really say funner?
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaarstein"][QUOTE="Truth01"]
Couple of examples? Oh, when I say 8 I mean low 8, like 8.2
Truth01
Beyond Good & Evil 8,2 Clubhouse Games 8,0 Killer7 8,3 Sonic Rush 8,2 Sorry for taking so long, my PC is garbage and acting up again :(

Interesting. To play devil's advocate, Beyond good and evil is a high 8 on Game Ranks, Both Clubhouse Game and Sonic Rush are on a hand held, which seem to get a lot low 8s in general. I can't explain Killer 7, maybe you're nuts :P

Its not just handhelds that get much low-to mid AA, many good console games also do that, that dosent mean its bad. Even Gamespot themselves say its GREAT. But to point out the game we were arguing about Crackdown, wich got 84% on gamerakings so that is very decent there. And usually I dont pay much attention to a games score, only for SW purpose and if its a 9-high 8 or very low :P Usually I read the review and decide if I think the game sounds good or not. :)
Avatar image for TheCrimsonKoopa
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 TheCrimsonKoopa
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts
At least RE4 or better? Funny.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Why did they use funner. Funner is not a word.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
That one reviewer who kept nagging on it's flaws and said oh it's awful is a bad reviewer. I don't suspect him to be around my summers time as a EGM reviewer
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 ssbfalco
Member since 2005 • 1970 Posts
Wow, the game does look fun.. . I see what they're getting at though, Sonic Team kept the OMG LETS PUT MORE CRAP THAN WE HAVE TO IN TEH GAMEZ!!! thing it seems... While I expect a 7.5-8.0 from EGM, I say that's an accomplishment for a Sonic game...
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts

Wow, the game does look fun.. . I see what they're getting at though, Sonic Team kept the OMG LETS PUT MORE CRAP THAN WE HAVE TO IN TEH GAMEZ!!! thing it seems... While I expect a 7.5-8.0 from EGM, I say that's an accomplishment for a Sonic game...ssbfalco

I love your sig...

Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#60 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
Been hyping high A, low AA.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kaarstein
[QUOTE="ssbfalco"]Wow, the game does look fun.. . I see what they're getting at though, Sonic Team kept the OMG LETS PUT MORE CRAP THAN WE HAVE TO IN TEH GAMEZ!!! thing it seems... While I expect a 7.5-8.0 from EGM, I say that's an accomplishment for a Sonic game...

It looks extremely fun, havent seen the video yet because my PC is acting up. But if you want to see more, go to IGN http://media.wii.ign.com/media/800/800277/vids_1.html Lots and lots of gameplay videos :D
amtentori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 amtentori
Member since 2003 • 1911 Posts
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Wow, they mean a hard SEGA game? unheard of....:|jessmo30_basic

F-zero Gc was the hardest game ever made IMO

its at least the hardest one ive ever beaten.. by far...
story mode on very hard was such a freaking challenge... hours upon hours of practice...
beating it was rewarding...
ganon42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ganon42
Member since 2004 • 1749 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_Evil_PhD"]

[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]there should be a rule against hyping Sonic games. I'm guessing it got a pathetic score of something like this 7.5,7.0,8.0 and sheep will rave about the controlsThug_Pikachu

not in my book .

Thats why no one reads your book.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Kaarstein
Been hyping high A, low AA. Warfust
I have said I think it will get around 7,5-8,5 But I officially have hyped AA, dont cre if I am owned, I am just so excited for the game :D
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
I pray they didn;t say "Funner than any 3d sonic so far"......if so the editor should be shot.....Omni-Slash
I watched it and it's Greg who says it but in his defense he never played Sonic Adventure 1; I'm not sure if he mentioned 2 though.
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts

It'll get an A here

Truth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Truth01
Member since 2005 • 2732 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaarstein"]Its not just handhelds that get much low-to mid AA, many good console games also do that, that dosent mean its bad. Even Gamespot themselves say its GREAT. But to point out the game we were arguing about Crackdown, wich got 84% on gamerakings so that is very decent there. And usually I dont pay much attention to a games score, only for SW purpose and if its a 9-high 8 or very low :P Usually I read the review and decide if I think the game sounds good or not. :)

Yeah totally, you need to look past the score and read the review to figure out if you're going to like it. Also you need to be able to analyse the score yourself, example: why did Carbon get 7.5 Well it felt to similar to the other games.

With that said though, I'm far less likely to read a review or even consider a game if it's in the low 8s or 7s, but that's more of general rule for me and not law.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
Ah I hope this game does well, we really need a good 3D Sonic game.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Kaarstein
[QUOTE="Truth01"][QUOTE="Kaarstein"]Its not just handhelds that get much low-to mid AA, many good console games also do that, that dosent mean its bad. Even Gamespot themselves say its GREAT. But to point out the game we were arguing about Crackdown, wich got 84% on gamerakings so that is very decent there. And usually I dont pay much attention to a games score, only for SW purpose and if its a 9-high 8 or very low :P Usually I read the review and decide if I think the game sounds good or not. :)

Yeah totally, you need to look past the score and read the review to figure out if you're going to like it. Also you need to be able to analyse the score yourself, example: why did Carbon get 7.5 Well it felt to similar to the other games.

With that said though, I'm far less likely to read a review or even consider a game if it's in the low 8s or 7s, but that's more of general rule for me and not law.

Well I can right now use Kid Icarus as an example (I know its a VC game), it got 5.1 but I am still gonna buy it because I know I like the game. And I never finished it on NES because I never owned a NES, but had to borrow my best friends NES from time to time :cry:
mish55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#70 mish55
Member since 2005 • 6995 Posts
funner........
godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 godhandiscen
Member since 2003 • 3454 Posts
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Wow, they mean a hard SEGA game? unheard of....:|jessmo30_basic

BS, you can snake all your way trough the game.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Kaarstein
[QUOTE="jessmo30_basic"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Wow, they mean a hard SEGA game? unheard of....:|godhandiscen

BS, you can snake all your way trough the game.

What are you talking about? :? Snaking in F-Zero?
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#73 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts

They did both agree that it's the best Sonic game in 7 years.  There have been some decent Sonic games in the last 7 years.Firelore29

Please don't tell me sonic rush. Uggg, that was not a fun sonic.

Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
I hope this game scores well- Sonic needs a decent game and it did look like an interesting game.
Dr_Evil_PhD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Dr_Evil_PhD
Member since 2006 • 1507 Posts

[QUOTE="Firelore29"]They did both agree that it's the best Sonic game in 7 years.  There have been some decent Sonic games in the last 7 years.kittykatz5k

I liked it. :?

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kittykatz5k
I'm going to get flamed to hell and back for this but, might as well say it: I believe this may help end those stupid "Wii has yet to make any game look as good as ninja gaiden".
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kittykatz5k
[QUOTE="kittykatz5k"]

[QUOTE="Firelore29"]They did both agree that it's the best Sonic game in 7 years.  There have been some decent Sonic games in the last 7 years.Dr_Evil_PhD

I liked it. :?

It felt horribly abandoned, like robotnik did nothing to stop you but desine extremely over the top levels. Maybe it's jsut me as I spend my days developing levels, but I felt it's levels were the poorest I've ever seen. They had no reason at all. Look at sonic 3, you reached in the first level a waterfall, and had to reach the top going back and fourth climging a bit higher each pass.

Now look at sonic rush, you run forward, you run forward, you occassionally get turned upsidown, you do the occasional jump across a pit, there may be 2 or 3 enemies around the level. Things like the boulders chasing you just didn't happen for a reason, you're just running down a hill and then a boulder comes up behind you. You do nothing diffrently because of the boulder, you just hold down forward as you always do.

There was a large veriety of enemies in sonic 3, such as the fliers that shot at you, the people who popped out of the ground, the ghost, in sonic rush it's generic robot with a gun, generic flying robot which never actually is a thret to you, some with a sepcial attack which will be off the screen before that attack can be any kind of a thret.

hatecalledlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hatecalledlove
Member since 2004 • 1383 Posts
Thats a better review then we have been seeing lately with the sonic games. I was wanting this game to turn out good. I just need a few more reviews and if it keeps getting positive scores I'll pick it up for sure.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Wow, they mean a hard SEGA game? unheard of....:|Panzer_Zwei

Help me out here with some difficult Sega games which aren't SHMUPS. Shinobi III was pretty difficult in that electric building at the end, Steets of Rage 3 on the hardest difficulty, come on help me out you know the Saturn and Dreamcast better then I do :P
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
I strangely really liked Sonic Adventure 2, Only  the Sonic platforming lvls and races ,not the "minigames" required in the game like flying around at some catbat or shotting a baddy with a gun. 
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#81 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
there should be a rule against hyping Sonic games. I'm guessing it got a pathetic score of something like this 7.5,7.0,8.0 and sheep will rave about the controlsThug_Pikachu
Since when was 8.0 a pathetic score? As opposed to the 3s and 4s that Sonic 360 earned from reviewers?
Solid_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Solid_Fish
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts
Does anyone know the score yet? I think a 7.5 and up is awesome for a 3d sonic game to stand out.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Kaarstein
I strangely really liked Sonic Adventure 2, Only  the Sonic platforming lvls and races ,not the "minigames" required in the game like flying around at some catbat or shotting a baddy with a gun. Xbox360gamer1
I LOVE SA2B, still play it from time to time. And I love Sonic and Shadows levels, but I also like Knuckles and Rogues levels, I also like the music alot, but I hate Tails and Eggmans levels. Wich is a shame because Tails was my favorite in Sonic 2 and 3 :( And why did they need to give Tails such a whiney personality, that was not what I imagined when I played it on Mega Drive :evil:
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Kaarstein
[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]there should be a rule against hyping Sonic games. I'm guessing it got a pathetic score of something like this 7.5,7.0,8.0 and sheep will rave about the controlsHeedleGlavin
Since when was 8.0 a pathetic score? As opposed to the 3s and 4s that Sonic 360 earned from reviewers?

This has been discussed previously in the thread, but Thug_Pikachu didnt reply :|
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]there should be a rule against hyping Sonic games. I'm guessing it got a pathetic score of something like this 7.5,7.0,8.0 and sheep will rave about the controlsKaarstein
Wouldnt that be a very good score for a 3D Sonic game? And its hyped A-AA so those scores are what we think it will be :?

the sheep actually got a good sonic game...unlike the cows / lemmings
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
After watching the video provided....I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Kaarstein
After watching the video provided....I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.Vampyronight
I pray you are wrong :D
Shadow_Link50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Shadow_Link50
Member since 2004 • 1853 Posts
I pray they didn;t say "Funner than any 3d sonic so far"......if so the editor should be shot.....Omni-Slash
I love how mods say right after the TP review and before the game had launched that everybody hadn't played the game yet so they should wait to form opinions... but you seem quite sure before the game has even came out...
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Kaarstein
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]I pray they didn;t say "Funner than any 3d sonic so far"......if so the editor should be shot.....Shadow_Link50
I love how mods say right after the TP review and before the game had launched that everybody hadn't played the game yet so they should wait to form opinions... but you seem quite sure before the game has even came out...

I`ll think youl find thats the spelling that annoys him, not the review itself.
jessmo30_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jessmo30_basic
Member since 2002 • 8975 Posts
The sad part is, if it scores over 8.5, and sells well, it will be ported to ps3.