EA: Nintendo is too kiddy for us. We don't make kiddy games

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@g0ddyX said:

EA speak the truth.

They have made some of the best games last gen and will continue to do so next gen.

Suddenly, some people are hating EA now lol.

EA has won "worst company in the world" multiple times. So people aren't just hating them now.

Most of last gen their hate was NOT well deserved - at least if gamers look at the actual list of games they published and/or promoted. However it seems like they have been slipping for a couple of years now - it seems like more and more of their games get released in a broken state - and they've been scaling back on what they deliver. I have low expectations for them right now, too much emphasis on "franchises" which to me is just lazy and shows a lack of real direction.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#102 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

Being aimed at kids doesn't stop Nintendo making superior titles and the best games in the industry.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Didn't Nintendo recently publish a Medal of Honor game with a soldier on the front cover who wore a ball cap backwards rather than the standard issue helmet? I mean, that is more in line with how I viewed soldiers as a kid than what I would think a more realistic adult-oriented game would be shooting for. And Army of Two featured soldiers who wore hockey masks, for christ's sake.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I can only imagine how crappy a "family friendly" game made by EA would be.

Fun fact. EA makes more kids games than Nintendo. They always have. And these are true kiddy games, not just games with a cartoon art style.

Just a small example of some recent titles.

That's what makes this statement of theirs so funny. EA doesn't have a style. They'll make any game in any genre for any audience in any style. It's all about the money and that's absolutely fine, but to try and act like they're above making kids stuff is both hilarious and false.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@ConanTheStoner said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I can only imagine how crappy a "family friendly" game made by EA would be.

Fun fact. EA makes more kids games than Nintendo. They always have. And these are true kiddy games, not just games with a cartoon art style.

That's what makes this statement of theirs so funny. EA doesn't have a style. They'll make any game in any genre for any audience in any style. It's all about the money and that's absolutely fine, but to try and act like they're above making kids stuff is both hilarious and false.

Those titles did not disappoint my imagination. Most 3rd parties just view "family friendly" as some crappy cash-in, like kids don't have any desire at all to actually play good games, then wonder why they can't sell games on a platform with a lot of kids/parents as customers.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Reading through this thread.

Since when were "Kid/Family Friendly" Titles Considered to be bad?

Rated E for Everyone states that Everyone can play. It doesn't mean it's utter crap.

EDIT:

Also reading through Gaf with the same thread.

Why isn't there a market for Big Title Triple A Publishers on Nintendo Platforms? My answer is to look at the Wii library. Point to me the Triple A games for the System. Was No More Heroes or Red Steel 2 Triple A or Double A or even an A at all?

What was the production budget of Tatsunoko vs Capcom compared to Marvel vs Capcom 3?

Would you put Resident Evil Dark Side Chronicles on par with Resident Evil 5 or 6?

Soul Calibur Legends is NOT Soul Calibur IV or V.

Why do These publishers complain there's no market for Triple A Games when the only Triple A titles that appear on Nintendo Systems are made by Nintendo.

Then you have people who say "Well most people have the other systems anyway so why bother?" How many of those people that have the other systems actually have Nintendo systems? How many of those people would actually prefer it if Nintendo got the same things the other systems got? How many people got another system purely because there wasn't a Multiplatform game for a Nintendo System or the Game wasn't as gimped on another platform?

If these Publishers want the Nintendo Audience to start buying Triple A titles they should start bringing Triple A titles to the system instead of releasing 1 or 2 and then when they don't sell they go "Bah It's worthless anyway!"

I think it's obvious the Nintendo audience doesn't trust 3rd Party on Nintendo platforms because they're almost always gimped in some way shape or form. You have to establish a trust in the consumer. Canceling games or confirming "No release plans" for High Popular games for the platform is not a good way of gaining Consumer Trust.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ConanTheStoner

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Those titles did not disappoint my imagination. Most 3rd parties just view "family friendly" as some crappy cash-in, like kids don't have any desire at all to actually play good games, then wonder why they can't sell games on a platform with a lot of kids/parents as customers.

Yeah, I'll never understand the mentality. I picked up my first controller when I was 4, gaming was a full on hobby by the time I was 5, and by the time I was 7 I was already developing a taste for well designed games. Some of these game companies will put out the equivalent of a digital happy meal toy and wonder why kids don't care for it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ConanTheStoner

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Rated E for Everyone states that Everyone can play. It doesn't mean it's utter crap.

Well straight up kids games do usually suck pretty bad. They're usually some licensed crap from a kids show that is expected to sell on brand alone.

But I usually look at Nintendo games like Pixar movies in that they can definitely be enjoyed by children, but there is usually something there that any age group can appreciate and enjoy.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#109 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

The truth can sting a bit, but I can see where they are coming from.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#110 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Well straight up kids games do usually suck pretty bad. They're usually some licensed crap from a kids show that is expected to sell on brand alone.

But I usually look at Nintendo games like Pixar movies in that they can definitely be enjoyed by children, but there is usually something there that any age group can appreciate and enjoy.

I like how you put it in a previous post where you compared how most Companies treat the "Kid Friendly" environment as a digital happy meal toy.

It's why we don't see awesome games like Banjo Kazooie anymore.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ConanTheStoner

@ristactionjakso said:

There is good reason for EA to not make games for a failing platform. Why put money into games that you know will not sell?

But there is no truth to their quote at all. EA makes kiddy games. They make far more kiddy games than Nintendo. As a matter of fact, they probably have more kiddy games under their belt than any other company in the history of the business.

EA doesn't have some style that they stick to. As long as it makes them money, they'll make any game in any genre for any audience.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#112  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ristactionjakso said:

There is good reason for EA to not make games for a failing platform. Why put money into games that you know will not sell?

But there is no truth to their quote at all. EA makes kiddy games. They make far more kiddy games than Nintendo. As a matter of fact, they probably have more kiddy games under their belt than any other company in the history of the business.

EA doesn't have some style that they stick to. As long as it makes them money, they'll make any game in any genre for any audience.

Ya they might have, and that may have been just an excuse for them not making games on Wii U. But the system isn't doing that well.

I think if 3rd party devs actually started supporting the Wii U with some kick azz exclusives, people will start buying the system for those games. Then add the new Zelda coming out...It could be a good console it actually had support.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ConanTheStoner

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I like how you put it in a previous post where you compared how most Companies treat the "Kid Friendly" environment as a digital happy meal toy.

It's why we don't see awesome games like Banjo Kazooie anymore.

Yep. And that sucks.

If any demographic understands what it means to have pure fun without all the fluff, it's the kids. So why short change them with some crap and expect them to enjoy it?

Oh well.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#114  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Desmonic said:

EA should just be honest and admit they don't want to put in the effort simply because it won't sell. Using this crappy "kiddy" excuse is just dumb.

Pretty much its what they said.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

EA doesn't make games at all. They make ports with updated rosters

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

So The Sims isn't a kiddy game?

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

ITT: butthurt ninty fans.. EA just said what everyone has already been thinking for years

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 PurpleMan5000

@blangenakker said:

So The Sims isn't a kiddy game?

That game has sexual situations, but I loved playing that game when I was in Middle School, and probably would have liked it as a kid, too. It's still pretty good, really, even though it isn't anything more than a cash-in these days. Will Wright has some damned good games under his belt.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

So many buttmad sheep. EA roasted Nintendo.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By PurpleMan5000

I think the biggest tragedy with 3rd parties abandoning Nintendo is that if Nintendo ends up having to go 3rd party, there really isn't any guarantee that the parent/kid market will follow them to far more expensive consoles that are built around an online infrastructure. If the gaming market loses too many kids, that really puts it in a pretty unhealthy situation long-term.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: I don't pretend to know exactly what in the hell you're talking about here, but the dudes in Ao2 wore ARMORED hockey masks.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Harsh, but honest.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@El_Zo1212o said:

@PurpleMan5000: I don't pretend to know exactly what in the hell you're talking about here, but the dudes in Ao2 wore ARMORED hockey masks.

Oh, good point. I'm going to have to reevaluate. That definitely sounds like a detail that only a mature adult would be able to comprehend/appreciate.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#124  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Well the Wii U is literally better than X1 and Ps4 at the time of this comment. More games, and the features are better than any stupid media features. Not that I don't like media features, but I have way too many devices to deliver them, and the Wii U provides that too. **** you for not buying a Wii U non Wii U owners.

I currently like my Wii U more than my PS4. I was ALMOST a cow for awhile too ;)

Butttt, this year PS4 is getting way more games, so I'll most likely be playing it more.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#125  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Couth_ said:

ITT: butthurt ninty fans.. EA just said what everyone has already been thinking for years

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C. S. Lewis

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Couth_

@foxhound_fox said:

@Couth_ said:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C. S. Lewis

Stopped reading at critics...I'm not a critic and neither is EA. It's not about approval. It's about perception, market, and target audience

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#127  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Just because games are for "Everyone" doesn't mean they're meant for kids.

However I do agree that Nintendo isn't really attempting to be an all around gaming system to have something for everyone rather is only making it homey to it's own franchises and the fans of it but it doesn't exclude the fact that those franchises are "E" and not age restricted.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#128  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

If you're insecure about things that are kiddy, you are ironically the one who needs to grow the hell up. It's not a coincidence that the people worried about a kiddy image are teenagers and immature adults who are just one step removed from their childhood.

Fact is, some kiddy games are miles and miles better than most M rated titles are. If you limit yourself to just so-called "mature" games then you're not really a gamer any more than Billy down the street who only plays Call of Duty, or Sandy who only plays Farmville on Facebook.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#129 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@Couth_ said:

That is what is called confirmation bias. Since when being "kiddie" is a bad thing? If it implies subpar game design and dumbed down difficulty, I agree, except Nintendo is hardly guilty of that. EA is far more egregious in creating games so simple that a 3 year with medical retardation would be able to beat it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#130 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Couth_ said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Couth_ said:

Stopped reading at critics...I'm not a critic and neither is EA. It's not about approval. It's about perception, market, and target audience

Critic:

1. a person who judges, evaluates, or criticizes
  2. a person who judges, evaluates, or analyzes literary or artistic works, dramatic or musical performances, or the like, especially for a newspaper or magazine.
  3. a person who tends too readily to make captious, trivial, or harsh judgments; faultfinder.

You are a critic, and I am a critic. One need not be paid to be one. You should read the whole quote, it is very insightful. Especially to the idea that Nintendo only makes "kiddie" games. Being able to embrace the innocence of childhood as an adult makes one more adult than someone who looks merely at the word as a term of approval among their peers.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Couth_

@hiphops_savior said:

@Couth_ said:

That is what is called confirmation bias. Since when being "kiddie" is a bad thing? If it implies subpar game design and dumbed down difficulty, I agree, except Nintendo is hardly guilty of that. EA is far more egregious in creating games so simple that a 3 year with medical retardation would be able to beat it.

I didn't say it's a bad thing and neither did EA. Nintendo has made it apparent that their current target audience is children. EA's main target audience is not children. It would not make sense for two companies with different target audiences to collaborate on business now would it? The fact that so many ITT take it as an insult proves that they are butthurt

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#133 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@Couth_ said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Couth_ said:

Critic:

1. a person who judges, evaluates, or criticizes
  2. a person who judges, evaluates, or analyzes literary or artistic works, dramatic or musical performances, or the like, especially for a newspaper or magazine.
  3. a person who tends too readily to make captious, trivial, or harsh judgments; faultfinder.

You are a critic, and I am a critic. One need not be paid to be one. You should read the whole quote, it is very insightful. Especially to the idea that Nintendo only makes "kiddie" games. Being able to embrace the innocence of childhood as an adult makes one more adult than someone who looks merely at the word as a term of approval among their peers.

It's as the old saying goes: "Everyone is a critic!"

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

Who gives a shit what EA thinks?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Bigboi500

ITT: People who don't know what the word "critic" means.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Thats a load of Crap and I don't even have a Nintendo....... Yet !

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#137 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@MirkoS77: apparently cows since it's cool to hate and doom Nintendo, even if the two-time worst company does it.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Creepy Nintendo fanboys still defending nintendos right to release shitty hardware with no third party support for yet another gen.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#139 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

EA doesn't make games, at least not how I've come to understand the definition. They do however make uncompleted, buggy pieces of crap where the sole objective is to pay them micro..... Jumbo-Transactions.

Their statement almost makes me want to buy a Wii U.....Almost not quite.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#140  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

EA sounds like an angry kid. Every couple weeks they cry about Nintendo.

"We don't like you."
"We really don't like you."
"Did you know that we don't like you."
"I'm not sure we made it clear enough that you suck."
"You suck at doing your job."
"Get out of here with your kiddy shit!"
"We don't want to work with you!"

Japanese business is more professional and just does its job.
Maybe if EA grew up they could get to doing actual work and fix BF4. Or Sim City. They're not even invested in the Wii U so what are they bitching about anyway.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By nintendoboy16

@KungfuKitten said:

EA sounds like an angry kid. Every couple weeks they cry about Nintendo.

"We don't like you."

"We really don't like you."

"Did you know that we don't like you."

"I'm not sure we made it clear enough that you suck."

"You suck at doing your job."

"Get out of here with your kiddy shit!"

"We don't want to work with you!"

Japanese business is more professional and just does its job.

Maybe if EA grew up they could get to doing actual work and fix BF4. Or Sim City. They're not even invested in the Wii U so what are they bitching about anyway.

That reminds me of one of many bad tracks in Eminem's Encore album, in that he was trying to take a potshot at Benzino again (at least, according to Rap Critic and Mues). lol

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Bigboi500

@MirkoS77 said:

Desperate cows who still eat the annual rehash turds EA feeds them?

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Nintendo potentially losing millions probably does lol.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

@Samurai_Xavier: I doubt Nintendo cares at all.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#145 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Douchebag EA. Nothing but crap comes out of their mouths.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#146  Edited By VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

good..its their choice. nothing wrong with that. i wish every developer did the same. it would either make nintendo step up and MAN UP..or it would make them drop out. im not sure if the big wigs at NIN knows this or not,but..IF you quit being stubborn idiots stuck in 1980 and just give consumers what they want you would be back on top of the game. WHO wouldnt buy ONE machine to play Mario,Zelda,COD,and other COUNTLESS big name titles? AND give people a REAL controller.REAL online..Quit lagging behind,you are not doing yourselves any favors. THIS is why i could not care less about NIN anymore. Their selfish idiotic pride is killing them and and their fanbase.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By nintendoboy16

@VanDammFan said:

good..its their choice. nothing wrong with that. i wish every developer did the same. it would either make nintendo step up and MAN UP..or it would make them drop out. im not sure if the big wigs at NIN knows this or not,but..IF you quit being stubborn idiots stuck in 1980 and just give consumers what they want you would be back on top of the game. WHO wouldnt buy ONE machine to play Mario,Zelda,COD,and other COUNTLESS big name titles? AND give people a REAL controller.REAL online..Quit lagging behind,you are not doing yourselves any favors. THIS is why i could not care less about NIN anymore. Their selfish idiotic pride is killing them and and their fanbase.

I facepalm EVERYTIME that is said. There are things Nintendo has done that consumers have wanted and for most of the time, they don't stick to their guns. People wanted Nintendo to seize Mature third party support or to publish an M rated game, but what happened when a sign of that came? Rather than a thank you, especially for bringing back a game that was dead, a controversy that affected, not one, not two, but three companies (Nintendo/Platinum/SEGA) sparked and it's a controversy that STILL continues.

The only time Nintendo did something the fans wanted in recent memory and no outcry happened was when Earthbound/Mother 2 was released on Wii U VC. I have not heard one complaint outside of being late one gen (it was requested numerous times to be on Wii VC), but even that didn't start an outcry. And soon, after cries of many impatient Pokemon fans, they're releasing the Pokemon Bank app (as they recently re-released that in Japan after a hold-up).

Besides, why should Nintendo listen to much of an audience that flip-flops their decisions and asks them to sell-out? Is it any wonder why they "don't listen"?

Though that is not to say that there are things I want to see them do (letting loose on region encoding would help and I don't see controversies flying over that) and wish they would do.

I'll give you credit, you did at least admit your true stance on Ninty, and not call yourself a lifelong fan while you wished death upon them for not appealing to you last time.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

lol so does nintendo say something cuz they got thrown under the bus by someone that they supposedly had a partnership with?

ea is somewhat right except you cant count a game that was already released a year ago to sell millions. from what i knew, me2 didnt sell well at all for the ps3 right? why expect it for the wii u. but yea they do have a point

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@VanDammFan said:

I facepalm EVERYTIME that is said. There are things Nintendo has done that consumers have wanted and for most of the time, they don't stick to their guns. People wanted Nintendo to seize Mature third party support or to publish an M rated game, but what happened when a sign of that came? Rather than a thank you, especially for bringing back a game that was dead, a controversy that affected, not one, not two, but three companies (Nintendo/Platinum/SEGA) sparked and it's a controversy that STILL continues.

The only time Nintendo did something the fans wanted in recent memory and no outcry happened was when Earthbound/Mother 2 was released on Wii U VC. I have not heard one complaint outside of being late one gen (it was requested numerous times to be on Wii VC), but even that didn't start an outcry. And soon, after cries of many impatient Pokemon fans, they're releasing the Pokemon Bank app (as they recently re-released that in Japan after a hold-up).

Besides, why should Nintendo listen to much of an audience that flip-flops their decisions and asks them to sell-out? Is it any wonder why they "don't listen"?

Though that is not to say that there are things I want to see them do (letting loose on region encoding would help and I don't see controversies flying over that) and wish they would do.

I'll give you credit, you did at least admit your true stance on Ninty, and not call yourself a lifelong fan while you wished death upon them for not appealing to you last time.

dude..dont facepalm..you be ok..the problem with NIN is like I said..and the fact they dont stick to the plan. Give people what they want. end of story. if all they care to give us is mario,zelda,smashbros,mariokart..they can die. dont think ive changed my mind. yes LIFE LONG FAN..BUT now? NO..their unwillingness to change with the times has ruined them. The Wii ONLY sold well because it was looked at as something new and refreshing..but again..just a handfull of games worth your time..I dont feel sorry for them. Hard headed Japs..and hard headed fanboys is whats killing NIN

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Reading the link now and the saddest thing about the Wii U is that ALL it's problems are political. The problem with the Wii U is actually Nintendo. They're struggling to move with the times. People say it's the marketing, but it's not. The only thing that was good with the Wii was the marketing, it was done right, they know what they are doing. No, it's Nintendo themselves.

In terms of hardware, it's pretty solid. It could use a couple of analogue buttons imo and they could've had a better CPU in there dirt cheap. Don't know why they won't let this IBM one go.