E3 Lounge: Where Dreams are destroyed and Directs are made! Now with Scorpions™ Live!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#4001  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@jumpaction said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jumpaction said:

Can I plead my case?

Chaz was, like...he was basically... so um...

He had the look of a demon in his eyes! He came at me like a steamroller of blood-red ink. He had a thirst, one only to be quenched by the blood of a Jumpy. So yes, I may have exchanged some explicitness but it was all justified.

This is all false.

Sounds like the words of a demon steamroller to me.

You can make all the excuses you want. You know what happened. I know what happened. @PikminWorld knows what happened.

the most amazing part of this story is that voice chat was used :P

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4002 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@appariti0n:

Akumas a lot of fun in SFV, it's the most unique take on him yet. He's also very free-form, the amount of options he has at any given time is ridiculous lol. Crazy mixup potential. Of course he's still a glass cannon, sneeze on him and he dies, but that's the price to pay for such high damage output and so many tools.

As for fightsticks, you can go about as low as $150 and still get a top quality stick. I know I sound like a Hori salesman at this point, but the RAP4 is the best bang for the buck.

Though if you do feel like spending a bit more, the Etokki Omni is pretty much the best stock stick you can buy. It's a solid steel tank with all Sanwa parts. Easy to mod too. It goes for $200 which is still a very good deal, but you'll probably pay over $50 to get it shipped.

I'm guessing the Hori fight stick I have for my PS3 probably won't work on PS4 hey?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4003  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jumpaction said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jumpaction said:

Can I plead my case?

Chaz was, like...he was basically... so um...

He had the look of a demon in his eyes! He came at me like a steamroller of blood-red ink. He had a thirst, one only to be quenched by the blood of a Jumpy. So yes, I may have exchanged some explicitness but it was all justified.

This is all false.

You can make all the excuses you want. You know what happened. I know what happened. @PikminWorld knows what happened.

It wasn't tho

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4004  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@appariti0n said:

I'm guessing the Hori fight stick I have for my PS3 probably won't work on PS4 hey?

Actually, it might. From what I understand, both SFV and Tekken 7 have legacy controller support options on PS4. I believe the PC version of SFV supports just about every controller there is without work arounds.

Still, I'd hate to steer you wrong, best to research first.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4005 appariti0n

@ConanTheStoner: Oh yeah! wtf am I thinking.

Why would I buy the PS4 version? hahaha.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4006 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jumpaction said:
@charizard1605 said:

This is all false.

It wasn't tho

welp, I just saw the discord. lolNintendoVoiceChat

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4007 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@charizard1605: @aigis: Next time. :)

Chaz was a little pushed for time so we didn't get the chance to but we will next time.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4008 ConanTheStoner

@appariti0n said:

@ConanTheStoner: Oh yeah! wtf am I thinking.

Why would I buy the PS4 version? hahaha.

lulz.

I mean, it would make sense with a lot of fighting games, having access to the larger player base on Sony consoles is a bonus.

But yeah, SFV is cross play between PC and PS4, so no worries there. And naturally the PC version has better graphics, faster load times, and mods if you care for them. So might as well get it on PC.

Just a heads up if you do get it, Akuma is a season 2 character, so he'll be locked at first. You could earn the in-game fight money to unlock him really fast though if you're not interested in getting the season character pass(es).

The game does have sheisty DLC practices though, fair warning lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4009 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@aigis: Char and I played a couple of games together but we just chatted in text. :)

KMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4010 KMP
Member since 2017 • 380 Posts

Everyone Google what Lone Echo is.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4011 ConanTheStoner

Damn you VR mustard race people.

I do need to get on the VR stuff, just tight on budget right now.

KMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4012 KMP

@ConanTheStoner: actual AAA budget exclusives man, feels good. Great reviews as well, without too much of that hyperbole that comes with new platforms.

Ready at Dawn's heavy focus on cinematic presentation heavily let them down in The Order but VR is basically a reset button for experimenting with that and it shows here. That Facebook budget helps.

Shit, I almost pre-ordered Doom VFR yesterday.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4013 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I'm hyped for Young Justice Season 3.

KMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4014 KMP

Morgana is a legitimate issue in Persona 5. I'm not fine with the way she's handled, but what I hate even more is those days where a scripted event eats up your day and this fucking turd of a feline says you're a puss and makes you sleep. Like some things, sure, you're tired, I get it, but I fucking went on a field trip? My bitchass could come from those in kindergarten and I was completely fine, this dude can live, jesus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4015 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@kmp said:

Morgana is a legitimate issue in Persona 5. I'm not fine with the way she's handled, but what I hate even more is those days where a scripted event eats up your day and this fucking turd of a feline says you're a puss and makes you sleep. Like some things, sure, you're tired, I get it, but I fucking went on a field trip? My bitchass could come from those in kindergarten and I was completely fine, this dude can live, jesus.

Morgana really has nothing to do with that, if he were not in the game, it'd just be the protagonist saying 'I should go to sleep...' to himself like in Persona 4.

There is a larger issue to be raised that Persona 5 is almost too restrictive for its own good sometimes- and that is a legitimate one. Morgana though has little to do with that.

KMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4016 KMP

My God, semantics. You know what I mean.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4017 appariti0n

@charizard1605: My biggest problem with Morgana is just the sheer repetitiveness of HER lines.

Looking cool Joker!

Looking cool Joker!

Looking cool Joker!

It's almost scary how good I am.

Somehow she managed to be more annoying than Teddy, and that's saying something.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4018 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@appariti0n: squidkid looking girl is way fucking worse with all her internet speak

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4019 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@PikminWorld said:

Is Street Fighter V cross-platform?

Yep! :)

One of the few things they got right lol.

If you do pick it up, make sure you don't bullshit creating your CFN name. It's forever tied to your account (PSN or Steam) and can't be changed later.

This is why I suffer as CernenTheSterner.

Can be voyeuristic creep and watch your matches now. Quite surprised to see you playing as Dhalsim, always got the impression you were an Akuma player.

The replay feature in general has been super useful, some (since the majority are still loses) of people I play now quite after the first match when they know they are clearly getting dominated, when really, that's how you get better, examining where you fucked up. Not rocket science.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4020 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@appariti0n said:

@charizard1605: My biggest problem with Morgana is just the sheer repetitiveness of HER lines.

Looking cool Joker!

Looking cool Joker!

Looking cool Joker!

Somehow she managed to be more annoying than Teddy, and that's saying something.

Yeah, that got annoying fast lol Though all party members suffer from that. They have a couple of go-to lines and that's that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4021 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@Seabas989 said:

I'm hyped for Young Justice Season 3.

And I thought I was the only one who was hype seeing Young Justice season 3 and glad that Young Justice is coming back!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4022  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

Dumb arguments that are constantly repeated and equally dumb every time its posted on this site, by board;

Off-Topic: SJW movie

Political Gamers: Polls don't count. Hillary Clinton had a 90% chance of winning. (And in ronvalencia's case he also dismisses academic research using this argument)

And of course...

System Wars:

...to no one's surprise...

Edit: Crap. I used the term SJW non-ironically.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4023 Desmonic  Moderator

@Maroxad: To be fair, to be fair, PC's can be funky sometimes :P Sometimes weird issues pop-up just because. Of course, the counter-side is that on console if it's broken it's broken lol nothing you can do about it anymore hehe

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#4024 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@davillain-:

... ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4025 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@Maroxad: To be fair, to be fair, PC's can be funky sometimes :P Sometimes weird issues pop-up just because. Of course, the counter-side is that on console if it's broken it's broken lol nothing you can do about it anymore hehe

Yeah, I mean, the picture isn't a good reason to not go for the PC as opposed to consoles, but it's not false either. For me, it's much more difficult to set-up online sessions on a PC: sometimes mics don't work (or one person has audio settings set in a way that they can't hear), said game being played has a poorly done online system (ala Dark Souls co-op imo), random crap just happens in general that makes it a painfully long experience to just get started, and it gets worse if it's a server you have to create/host yourself (especially if third party software like Hamachi gets involved).

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4026 ConanTheStoner
@uninspiredcup said:

Can be voyeuristic creep and watch your matches now. Quite surprised to see you playing as Dhalsim, always got the impression you were an Akuma player.

The replay feature in general has been super useful, some (since the majority are still loses) of people I play now quite after the first match when they know they are clearly getting dominated, when really, that's how you get better, examining where you fucked up. Not rocket science.

Right, the ability to follow other players and watch anybodies replays is probably the coolest feature that nobody talks about. It's good to watch your own replays and see where things went right/wrong, but it's also nice being able to watch higher ranking players and learn from their approach. If I'm having problems against a particular character, I'll just look up a better Dhalsim player and see how he goes about it.

As an added bonus, some Youtube bottom feeders have created a business out of uploading pro player matches straight from CFN lol.

And yeah people get salty and quit, it's so dumb. The difference between wanting to improve and simply wanting to see the win screen, you'll never get better running away. Unless there's noticeable lag I'll always rematch.

Akuma was my main in SF3 and SF4, but he came out so late in SFV. I started the game with Ryu, dabbled with Chun and Zangief, but eventually was inspired to play Dhalsim after getting my ass destroyed by a good Sim player.

I've learned a lot of Akumas stuff, can do his combo trials consistently, but putting it into practice online at my current rank is pretty tough. I'm thinking about hopping on to my scum profile (YoSupMang) and practicing with him there.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4027 ConanTheStoner

Calling all Kingdom Hearts fans just Zassimick. What does 358/2 Days even mean?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4028 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

So I checked my BestBuy online this morning, and managed to reserve myself a Switch and Zelda (already have Zelda on WiiU as well).

How's Splatoon 2? I'm thinking of grabbing it as well.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4029 Desmonic  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner said:

Calling all Kingdom Hearts fans just Zassimick. What does 358/2 Days even mean?

Nothing relevant. Just SE being SE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4030 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

@lundy86_4: More of Splatoon 1, but that isn't a bad thing. It's still great and the new Salmon Run is great. Game looks even more beautiful than the last one and has tight, responsive controls. Still has the same problems as the first game though lol

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4031 ConanTheStoner
@Desmonic said:

Nothing relevant. Just SE being SE.

Damn, really? I was hoping it was at least some Kojimaesque tagline bullshit, where it's like...

Loading Video...

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4032 Desmonic  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner: I mean, it's probably some BS like "oh it's the time Roxas (the protagonist in said game) lived" or something along those lines, but it's just dumb.

At least the 3DS game worked like that. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. 3D because there are 3 D's (ha!) and because it was using the 3D gimmick on the machine.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4033 lundy86_4

@PikminWorld said:

@lundy86_4: More of Splatoon 1, but that isn't a bad thing. It's still great and the new Salmon Run is great. Game looks even more beautiful than the last one and has tight, responsive controls. Still has the same problems as the first game though lol

As much as I wanted to grab the first, I always got sidetracked, so more of the same may not be too bad in my case.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4034 ConanTheStoner
@Desmonic said:

At least the 3DS game worked like that. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. 3D because there are 3 D's (ha!) and because it was using the 3D gimmick on the machine.

Hell yeah.

In other news... why Ono? Why?

I know fighting game fans owe a lot to this guy, but damn he cray cray lol.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4035 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@ConanTheStoner: I mean, it's probably some BS like "oh it's the time Roxas (the protagonist in said game) lived" or something along those lines, but it's just dumb.

Looking at the wikipedia page for 358/2, you're not that far off

"Upon completion, the player discerns that it references the story of Xion and Roxas, and their 358 days as members of Organization XIII."

So it's meant to be read as 358 days over 2 (people)

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4036 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

@PikminWorld said:
@Desmonic said:

Yeah, I mean, the picture isn't a good reason to not go for the PC as opposed to consoles, but it's not false either. For me, it's much more difficult to set-up online sessions on a PC: sometimes mics don't work (or one person has audio settings set in a way that they can't hear), said game being played has a poorly done online system (ala Dark Souls co-op imo), random crap just happens in general that makes it a painfully long experience to just get started, and it gets worse if it's a server you have to create/host yourself (especially if third party software like Hamachi gets involved).

The image is pretty much false, which is why Commander keeps getting absolutely rekt in any thread he makes posting that image. Next to none of the "complaints" that were used in the PC gaming strawman apply to PC gaming nowadays.

Server hosting is a godsend compared to matchmaking only. Being able to set up games exactly how you want them is brilliant. Hamachi does suck. But the only games that really need it for online multiplayer are old games. But using Hamachi is a better alternative to not being able to play the games at all, which is the case for consoles.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4037 Desmonic  Moderator

@drlostrib said:

Looking at the wikipedia page for 358/2, you're not that far off

"Upon completion, the player discerns that it references the story of Xion and Roxas, and their 358 days as members of Organization XIII."

So it's meant to be read as 358 days over 2 (people)

Like I said. Some dumb BS.

@Maroxad said:

The image is pretty much false, which is why Commander keeps getting absolutely rekt in any thread he makes posting that image. Next to none of the "complaints" that were used in the PC gaming strawman apply to PC gaming nowadays.

Server hosting is a godsend compared to matchmaking only. Being able to set up games exactly how you want them is brilliant. Hamachi does suck. But the only games that really need it for online multiplayer are old games. But using Hamachi is a better alternative to not being able to play the games at all, which is the case for consoles.

Eeeehhhh.. I've had plenty of random stuff happen to me, even with Steam games. Back in February when I wanted to replay LiS, on the exact same laptop I had used to play it the first time, it somehow didn't boot. A quick search told me that sometimes this happens because it was missing a random .dll. The fix wasn't that hard or anything, but random shit does happen.

The thing is that most of the times it's fixable, though depending on the severity of the issue at hand it may or may not stop you from enjoying whatever you wanted to do/play. On consoles, like I said, if it breaks it breaks. Nothing more to it.

Now as for the literal stuff mentioned in the pic? No idea, don't use teamspeak. Discord is easy as hell though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4038  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts
@ConanTheStoner said:

In other news... why Ono? Why?

I know fighting game fans owe a lot to this guy, but damn he cray cray lol.

I read apparently that guy was "not finished" in design. They redesigned Cammy didn't they? The Japanese complaining she looked like a right ugly bastard.

Also free currency -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409439

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4039 ConanTheStoner

@drlostrib:

Thanks for the clarification Dr. Rib PHD.

Yeah kinda dumb, but eh, Square. Almost everything they've done post-SNES has been weird or convoluted.

Now I'm interested in seeing what Birth By Sleep means for the series, but I'll save that mystery for another time lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4040 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lundy86_4: Get Splatoon 2

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4041 Desmonic  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner: That is actually one of their better named titles. Unlike Dream Drop Distance that refers mostly a game mechanic/concept that has *some* impact in the series from that point forward but is mostly self contained, Birth by Sleep refers to a concept that ends up answering a whole lot of questions raised up until that point in the series.

Once you play it, the name makes a lot of sense. It helps that in general the story explains a lot of things (including the title of course), instead of just raising quesiton after question.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4042  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@uninspiredcup:

Oh yeah, so with Abigail, he's supposed to bulk up in V-Trigger mode. Kinda like how Guiles arms gain Popeye proportions when he throws his Critical Art in V-Trigger.

Thing is, the reveal trailer that Capcom showed had him bulked up the whole time, looking like even more of a monstrosity. Some people say it was probably based on an old build, but I don't buy that. I think Capcom thought it would make him look even cooler and it backfired lol.

Here's the difference:

Honestly though, I liked his tumor monster look.

Still, I think they should have revealed him in this costume instead.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4043 lundy86_4

@charizard1605: Done and done. Switch and two games running me $600 lol. Can't wait.

Is the regular Joycon a decent controller until I buy a Pro?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4044 ConanTheStoner
@Desmonic said:

@ConanTheStoner: That is actually one of their better named titles. Unlike Dream Drop Distance that refers mostly a game mechanic/concept that has *some* impact in the series from that point forward but is mostly self contained, Birth by Sleep refers to a concept that ends up answering a whole lot of questions raised up until that point in the series.

Once you play it, the name makes a lot of sense. It helps that in general the story explains a lot of things (including the title of course), instead of just raising quesiton after question.

Oh ok, that makes sense.

I suppose I just get more enjoyment out of poking fun at the series and its fans rather than playing the games lol.

Played KH1. Tried to play KH2. It's just not my thing. An action RPG with Disney characters should be a great thing, but... Nomura.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4045 Desmonic  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner: Eh, the KH games are fun if you're looking for a silly action game with 1 or 2 "faux" rpg elements (equipment and levels, mostly). Birth by Sleep and it's dynamic Commands function (which change up your combo according to what moves/magics you use) is one of the more fun ones.

That said, they seem to be legit adding some proper gameplay depth for KH3. Which will mean nothing if the enemy AI is Dinasty Warriors level of static :P which they are, in every game haha.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4046 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lundy86_4: yeah, it's fine. I mean once I went Pro I never went back, but until I had the Pro I didn't feel like I was missing anything.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4047  Edited By lundy86_4

@charizard1605: Cool. I'll hold off on that for a week or two then. I'm more interested in doting around my house in portable mode for the moment.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4048 Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605: Hey. Hey chaz. @lundy86_4 is supporting the rival of your waifu in P5. How is he not banned? :v

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4049  Edited By ConanTheStoner

Ugh, why do I go to Gamefaqs. -_-

It's no secret on this board that I'm a huge fan of SFV lol. But the SFV board on Gfaqs is so shill and apologist heavy that I can't even have an honest discussion without being snubbed as a hater lol.

Me. Hating SFV. Dafuq?

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4050 Desmonic  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner: Again. Gamefaqs. Bro. Why?