E3 2017 Rumor: AAA God of War PSVR Game Will Be Announced

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56096 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@davillain-:"I gotta wonder if Sony will announce a price cut PSVR"

How much should they shave off?

$100 off on both PSVR bundle and the standalone each would be a nice start. It could use a price cut at this point despite it's selling well and kinda still hard to find.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Check reddit. Buzz galore. And yeah, I guess I am pretty excited. Makes me feel kinda like a kid again. ;)

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@gago-gago said:

Could explain what you mean by "AAA"? Is that just the letter A but you made it longer just by adding more A's. Or are you hyping the next PSVR game "AAA" which is a 9 in these parts. But not even the most hardcore PSVR fan in here is confident enough to hype any PSVR game AAA, maybe this is the first? I guess if this rumor is true this could be a hype thread then, we'll take notes.

And what is this false info that Farpoint is an AAA game? Last time I checked it's a 7 game, 7 as in A, in the 70s, just one A not three A's like you're falsely stating.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/farpoint-review/1900-6416682/

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/farpoint

I'll give it a chance that this notion that Farpoint is an AAA game is a mistake and not a delusion which it seems like. You have a chance to clear it up and correct this mistake. No rush.

First, take a deep breath. You need it.

Second, refer to the definition of what a AAA title is, as in, what it actually is with respect to actual, you know, video games that people, you know, buy. You know.

Definition of AAA: "In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") or Triple-A is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion."

Link: https://www.quora.com/What-does-AAA-mean-in-AAA-title-game

Farpoint had one of the largest budgets for a PSVR game, and perhaps the largest ad campaign, particularly in the UK, thus it being labelled "AAA".

And finally, third, consider deeply before you choose next to pass off a comment intending to make you appear intelligent.

Thanks for the clarification. But did you say Farpoint is considered to have had the highest development budget and levels of promotion? To be honest, what's really being promoted is the AIM controller while Farpoint is a budget title, it is not a full retail game developed by unheard of developers. Are there even other games those developers developed? Perhaps you could provide a link for your claims of Farpoint having the largest budget for a PSVR game. Thanks. Even this review says Farpoint falls short and how you should skip the Aim controller.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#54 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Maybe it will be a daddy simulator. Like making cloth diapers and struggling to raise and take care of the baby. Then the GoW4 will pick up where it leaves off. Cool huh?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@gago-gago said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@gago-gago said:

Could explain what you mean by "AAA"? Is that just the letter A but you made it longer just by adding more A's. Or are you hyping the next PSVR game "AAA" which is a 9 in these parts. But not even the most hardcore PSVR fan in here is confident enough to hype any PSVR game AAA, maybe this is the first? I guess if this rumor is true this could be a hype thread then, we'll take notes.

And what is this false info that Farpoint is an AAA game? Last time I checked it's a 7 game, 7 as in A, in the 70s, just one A not three A's like you're falsely stating.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/farpoint-review/1900-6416682/

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/farpoint

I'll give it a chance that this notion that Farpoint is an AAA game is a mistake and not a delusion which it seems like. You have a chance to clear it up and correct this mistake. No rush.

First, take a deep breath. You need it.

Second, refer to the definition of what a AAA title is, as in, what it actually is with respect to actual, you know, video games that people, you know, buy. You know.

Definition of AAA: "In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") or Triple-A is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion."

Link: https://www.quora.com/What-does-AAA-mean-in-AAA-title-game

Farpoint had one of the largest budgets for a PSVR game, and perhaps the largest ad campaign, particularly in the UK, thus it being labelled "AAA".

And finally, third, consider deeply before you choose next to pass off a comment intending to make you appear intelligent.

Thanks for the clarification. But did you say Farpoint is considered to have had the highest development budget and levels of promotion? To be honest, what's really being promoted is the AIM controller while Farpoint is a budget title, it is not a full retail game developed by unheard of developers. Are there even other games those developers developed? Perhaps you could provide a link for your claims of Farpoint having the largest budget for a PSVR game. Thanks. Even this review says Farpoint falls short and how you should skip the Aim controller.

No, I said it is one of the largest budgeted games, not the one-and-only. Words shoved in the mouth is tempting, but should be considered a no-no, sweetie.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/17/farpoint-review-playstation-vr-aim-controller-shoots-for-the-moon-6642591/

From the article:

"Sony’s biggest budget VR game this year comes bundled with its own gun controller."

Links are fun, huh? And here is another, a review which says that the aim controller and the game are amazing. Just to balance your review out, ya know? See how easy it is to find a random link backing up what one is attempting to foist?

http://screenrant.com/farpoint-playstation-vr-aim-controller-review/

From the article: "Farpoint is the first PlayStation 4 game that uses the Aim Controller and it was built around it as the showcase experience. And what a showpiece it is! Playing through all of Farpoint using the PlayStation VR Aim Controller, we can say that it’s the deepest and most satisfying sensory experience ever in a first person shooter. It’s a game-changer for VR and a must-play for any PS VR owner looking for that new killer app."

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By gago-gago

@reduc_ab_ said:

No, I said it is one of the largest budgeted games, not the one-and-only. Words shoved in the mouth is tempting, but should be considered a no-no, sweetie.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/17/farpoint-review-playstation-vr-aim-controller-shoots-for-the-moon-6642591/

From the article:

"Sony’s biggest budget VR game this year comes bundled with its own gun controller."

Links are fun, huh? And here is another, a review which says that the aim controller and the game are amazing. Just to balance your review out, ya know? See how easy it is to find a random link backing up what one is attempting to foist?

From the article: "Farpoint is the first PlayStation 4 game that uses the Aim Controller and it was built around it as the showcase experience. And what a showpiece it is! Playing through all of Farpoint using the PlayStation VR Aim Controller, we can say that it’s the deepest and most satisfying sensory experience ever in a first person shooter. It’s a game-changer for VR and a must-play for any PS VR owner looking for that new killer app."

I was talking about figures as in numbers but I guess we gotta take their word for it that this is a "big budget game", or maybe they're saying this is the biggest, budget game as is budget title game. But fair enough we will just have to take their word for it. But even in the first link you came up with it ended by saying this

"This is the first, and according to current release schedules, only big budget game they’ve had all year.And yet it’s one of the most frustrating and ill-conceived VR games we’ve played on the PlayStation 4. If it was £15 or so we’d maybe recommend it as a novelty, but it’s a barely half-successful experiment that is very far from justifying the purchase of the Aim Controller."

So yes links are fun. And I didn't say you said this was the one and only that had a big budget. But what's funny is you say there's more but the link you provided claims that this is "the first" and "the only big budget game they've had all year".

Again, I feel like this so called big-budget is combined with the Aim controller not just the Farpoint game itself as it is not a full retail priced game. But without exact figures it's really hard to tell how big budget it really is and what the budget is reflecting whether it's for the game or peripheral or both which I assume for both, unless you could continue the fun by providing a link to exact figures, yay. Lemme add more A's, yAAAy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@gago-gago said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

From the article:

I was talking about figures as in numbers but I guess we gotta take their word for it that this is a "big budget game", or maybe they're saying this is the biggest, budget game as is budget title game. But fair enough we will just have to take their word for it. But even in the first link you came up with it ended by saying this

"This is the first, and according to current release schedules, only big budget game they’ve had all year.And yet it’s one of the most frustrating and ill-conceived VR games we’ve played on the PlayStation 4. If it was £15 or so we’d maybe recommend it as a novelty, but it’s a barely half-successful experiment that is very far from justifying the purchase of the Aim Controller."

So yes links are fun. And I didn't say you said this was the one and only that had a big budget. But what's funny is you say there's more but the link you provided claims that this is "the first" and "the only big budget game they've had all year".

Again, I feel like this so called big-budget is combined with the Aim controller not just the Farpoint game itself as it is not a full retail priced game. But without exact figures it's really hard to tell how big budget it really is and what the budget is reflecting whether it's for the game or peripheral or both which I assume for both, unless you could continue the fun by providing a link to exact figures, yay. Lemme add more A's, yAAAy!

So, we've established that the proofs you called for have been provided, then. Glad I could accommodate you. Farpoint, going by your very burden of proof, is a triple-A title. Excellent.

As for the quote you pulled from farther into the article above, that is irrelevant to this conversation between us. Again, what you asked for was provided.

As an aside, and to touch a bit more on the above tangent, I could quite easily provide a strongly positive link and quote concerning Farpoint as a counterpoint to every negative quote you could find. Such is the nature of published opinion, and of opinion in general. But, again, this is irrelevant for our context.

The important thing is that your burden of proof was met. End of discussion.

Have a nice day.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By gago-gago

@reduc_ab_ said:

So, we've established that the proofs you called for have been provided, then. Glad I could accommodate you. Farpoint, going by your very burden of proof, is a triple-A title. Excellent.

As for the quote you pulled from farther into the article above, that is irrelevant to this conversation between us. Again, what you asked for was provided.

As an aside, and to touch a bit more on the above tangent, I could quite easily provide a strongly positive link and quote concerning Farpoint as a counterpoint to every negative quote you could find. Such is the nature of published opinion, and of opinion in general. But, again, this is irrelevant for our context.

Have a nice day.

I actually found myself what I needed and is a perfect true description of what this game really is from a respected source.

"At its heart, Farpoint is a budget game, sold and promoted as a AAA title."

I'm happy with this description and you should be happy too. Have a nice dAAAy too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@gago-gago said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Have a nice day.

I actually found myself what I needed and is a perfect true description of what this game really is from a respected source.

"At its heart, Farpoint is a budget game, sold and promoted as a AAA title."

I'm happy with this description and you should be happy too. Have a nice dAAAy too.

Ah, I see. You're that type. You ask for proof, establish the parameters of that proof, all the while suspecting that said parameters will not be met, and then, when they are met, you rescind the very parameters that you yourself defined, and provide "proof" of your own. Well, you're in good company here at SW. Many members of this forum think and operate exactly like you. There is comfort in being common, I suppose.

Unfortunately for you, I do not accept your reversal. To your original definition of proof, I choose to adhere. Farpoint, based upon your burden of proof, is a triple-A title. Shifting of goalposts, as they say, will not be tolerated for the purposes of this discussion.

Good day.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

@reduc_ab_: good job on that ownage.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By gago-gago

@reduc_ab_: It was you that stated Farpoint has the largest budget, all I asked for was how large but so far you failed to provide that proof. Without exact numbers for the budget for just the game it's really hard to know how large of a budget it really is. And judging by the proof you provided, not me, that it is the first and only big budget game for the year, which says a lot because since it is the first and only big budget game then the other PSVR games are all not AAA big budget games. So I hope to Zeus that this rumor of an AAA God of War PSVR game is true because PSVR really need real AAA big budget games and not just a budget game like Farpoint at its heart, being sold and promoted as a AAA title especially for that PSVR price tag.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@gago-gago: Shifting of parameters declined. Original burden of proof met. Discussion ended.

You have been handled, sweetheart. There is no reason for you to continue replying.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 gago-gago

@reduc_ab_ said:

@gago-gago: Shifting of parameters declined. Original burden of proof met. Discussion ended.

You have been handled, sweetheart. There is no reason for you to continue replying.

I actually found the definitive proof myself with them describing how Farpoint is a budget title at heart being sold and promoted as a AAA title. You actually didn't serve anything. All the links you came up with actually refuted the things you were trying to say and opened up more questions than answers, that's why you think the parameters shifted. I guess you could call that self served. Anyway, yes since I myself found the proof that I was looking for even though I wish we had exact figures for just this one game Farpoint, I do hope this rumor of a AAA GoW PSVR becomes true because PSVR needs more than one. Can't wait for E3!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@gago-gago said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I actually found the definitive proof myself with them describing how Farpoint is a budget title at heart being sold and promoted as a AAA title. You actually didn't serve anything. All the links you came up with actually refuted the things you were trying to say and opened up more questions than answers, that's why you think the parameters shifted. I guess you could call that self served. Anyway, yes since I myself found the proof that I was looking for even though I wish we had exact figures for just this one game Farpoint, I do hope this rumor of a AAA GoW PSVR becomes true because PSVR needs more than one. Can't wait for E3!

Superfluous padding on a closed discussion. Again, your burden of proof was met, and then you decided to decline your stated parameters and, as they say, "shift the goalposts". I've stated this will not be tolerated for the purposes of this discussion, within which you have gone so far as to admit, reluctantly, that Farpoint is in fact a triple-A title; exhibit A:

@gago-gago said:

I was talking about figures as in numbers but I guess we gotta take their word for it that this is a "big budget game"

But fair enough we will just have to take their word for it.

What you then did was backtrack on that admission, which is not tolerated. Therefore, the admission stands. No matter what you say from this point forward, you cannot erase the acknowledgment I obtained from you by submitting the proper evidence.

The sheer amount of effort you have put forth at this point with concern to altering what you have already stated speaks volumes on your integrity.

I will leave you with what I have already stated; I suggest you take heed for the sake of saving what face you have left: there is no need for you to continue replying.

Good day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@Syn_Valence said:

@reduc_ab_: good job on that ownage.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@reduc_ab_: Ownage approved.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#67 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69474 Posts

I don't see how the already botched direction for GOW can benefit from VR unless Sony really hates the series and wants it to burst in flames as it falls further from grace.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@quadknight said:

@reduc_ab_: Ownage approved.