Duke Nukem Forever GS Review (PC: 3.5; 360: 3.0) - KEEP IT HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Guess Duke really is all out of gum.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]I think I'd rather stab myself in the face with a pickaxe.foxhound_fox
I think I want to make a ME1 sig, putting emphasis on the story completeness (beginning, middle, climax, end, clear antagonist, etc.) difference in choice in all situations (being able to be more than either a do-gooder or a pompous a-hole) and Mako planet exploration... all the things I enjoyed in the first game that were missing from the second.

That would be glorious. You should do it.
Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#153 Cheesehead9099
Member since 2008 • 2849 Posts

Lol pwned, at least I2 isn't the biggest flop of the year anymore :lol:

DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
I feel it was about a 4.5. I understand the hate, the graphics are not that good and the gunplay isn't even close to fun. For me the whole game feels dated, like it would have gotten a 9 in 1998 but not now. It's all an opinion, we are all entitled to one. I am cool if anybody likes it or doesn't, I just happen to feel it's not a bad game, just dated by about 12 years.
Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Somtimes a reviewer on a site will give an 8 to a game I thought was a 9 or maybe a 9 to a game I thought was 8. I was never interested in Duke Nukem even in the 90's the game seemed to me like that loser in school that everybody hated because he tried to hard. But now seeing the reviews come in (from multiple sites mind you) I wouldn't even bother poking this trash with a stick. ;)

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 DarkLink77

Cheesehead9099
And Daikatana isn't the biggest flop of all time anymore! :o You just know John Romero is sitting at a computer somewhere, laughing his ass off.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
PC uhhh.... superior.... version confirmed?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 DarkLink77

PC uhhh.... superior.... version confirmed?ferret-gamer

The PC. Making bad games better since, well... Forever. :P

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]PC uhhh.... superior.... version confirmed?DarkLink77

This is still a bad game.No suoerior version confirmed.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I was expecting a 6.0 score, but Kevin was obviously being very petty because the game didnt have any Killstreaks.

This game is just whatever 3DRealms finished and Gearbox put it all together and released it. They definitely overcharged, but they gave what the fans of Duke Nukem wanted.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#161 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Fourteen years in development, for a 3.0?

Sky-

So it would seem. What a truly epic cringe worthy moment this is. Keeps your eyes open lads, for this is history in the making.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

One reason I don't listen to reviewers anymore. The game is great fun.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

i think duke has put into perspectice reviews for me, halo comes out and everyone says its over rated and garbage but the truth is its a well thought out game, and now we have duke come out with barely any focus and his name isn't gaining him any reviews,

I think reviews aren't over rating games, they are just saying whats there is really really well thought out and works! =D,

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

i think duke has put into perspectice reviews for me, halo comes out and everyone says its over rated and garbage but the truth is its a well thought out game, and now we have duke come out with barely any focus and his name isn't gaining him any reviews,

I think reviews aren't over rating games, they are just saying whats there is really really well thought out and works! =D,

savagetwinkie

Regardless if this game is bad or not, I can't agree Halo is well thought out. Its just...not. Personally don't see why people like it.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

ChubbyGuy40

Regardless if this game is bad or not, I can't agree Halo is well thought out. Its just...not. Personally don't see why people like it.

Because it's a good game? :P Also, I think we can safely say that advertising on Gamespot did not affect Kevin's review score.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

Can't take a joke much? :?

Yeah! I can take a joke, but it's useles to claim a certain version is superior then the others because of a .5 difference that still lands it in the insanely bad game category.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

Can't take a joke much? :?

Yeah! I can take a joke, but it's useles to claim a certain version is superior then the others because of a .5 difference that still lands it in the insanely bad game category.

Hence... the joke. :?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#169 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Was that really necessary? I mean, really? At least I was just yanking your chain.

DarkLink77

From experience, I can say that sometimes things you say here ( or games you hype, to be more specific ) can come back and bite you in the ass. :P

I have no problem with that. But Game's just being Game, so whatever. It's not like I expected him to do anything any differently.

Oh come on, as much as you hate on ME2 and praised Duke in the IGN review thread? You can't tell me you didn't have that coming. :wink:

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#170 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Today was a pretty crazy day on GS. Alice Madness Returns surpassed expectations (sweetness) and DNF crashed into a nuclier explosion.

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts

I disagree with this score. I never played a duke game before, so I really dont think I qualify as someone behind nostalgia glasses. This game is fine as it is. Its a solid 7. It has good gunplay, level variety and challenge curve.

Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Cheesehead9099
Member since 2008 • 2849 Posts
[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"]

DarkLink77
And Daikatana isn't the biggest flop of all time anymore! :o You just know John Romero is sitting at a computer somewhere, laughing his ass off.

haha for sure, probably relieved as well
Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#174 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

The review was very poor especially the PC version. They essentially copied and pasted the Xbox 360 version to the PC version. LMAO. The graphics, at least, aren't no where near the console version, if proper tools are used to clear up the blurfest and smudges of the game. In reality many of the reviewers don't find it along the lines of COD and that's why it's considered a poor. Do we really need another COD clone?

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Xtasy26

I disagree with this score. I never played a duke game before, so I really dont think I qualify as someone behind nostalgia glasses. This game is fine as it is. Its a solid 7. It has good gunplay, level variety and challenge curve.

Cali3350

I agree. The game, at least the PC version would fall in the 70's. No where near the score that GS gave it. It's quite disgusting. They essentially took the Xbox 360 version and copied and pasted the review for the PC version. If they had played the PC version with proper tools, then, at least graphically it wouldn't have been docked many points like the console version.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="SkyWard20"] From experience, I can say that sometimes things you say here ( or games you hype, to be more specific ) can come back and bite you in the ass. :PThe_Game21x

I have no problem with that. But Game's just being Game, so whatever. It's not like I expected him to do anything any differently.

Oh come on, as much as you hate on ME2 and praised Duke in the IGN review thread? You can't tell me you didn't have that coming. :wink:

Little old innocent me? :o Never. :P
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

LMAO! When I saw the score that Gamespot, and other reviewers, gave this game I nearly peed my pants from laughing so hard. The fact that this game has taken FOREVER to be released and thousands of gamers have been impatiently awaiting its release for years, and when it finally does come out it totally tanks lol. It's like counting down the days until your graduation and being handed a steaming poo with a ribbon wrapped around it.

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#183 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

Mark my words for biggest dissapointment of 2011

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Xtasy26

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"] It's not entirely their fault really. The game could have been so much better if it was made from the ground up.Ravensmash

The thing is, they had the time to do that.

And Gearbox are far from bad developers - it seems .....which is ridiculous to say: rushed? :P I loved how Kevin picked up on Duke insulting parts of the game, only for them to not be comical but true.

Well Gearbox had 0 involvment in building the game from the ground up. If you look at Randy Pitchford's interview, he essentially stated that the PC version was completed by 3D Realms and they just polished and ported it to the console version. SO, this is NOT a Gearbox game.

For the PC version, 3.5 is just nonsense.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

halo reach's graphics i swear to god look like **** compared to this game. DNF's shadowing is so much superior it's not even funny not to mention the character models have better textures and less blocky than halo reach.failspotLAWLS

C'mon men, at least put some effort in your trolling.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="failspotLAWLS"]halo reach's graphics i swear to god look like **** compared to this game. DNF's shadowing is so much superior it's not even funny not to mention the character models have better textures and less blocky than halo reach.failspotLAWLS

i own both games kid. halo reach has some of the crappiest character models this generation blocky and the face's have no detail.

Then why did you have to create a brand new account to post this? :? Why not post with your main?
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#190 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Seems like the game was too ambitious for its own good.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

Who cares what people say about this game. If you played duke nukem back in the day and wanted to play this don't let other people change your decision on buying this game. I'm a die hard duke nukem fan I don't care if reviewers want to give this game a 0.0/10 I'd still buy and play this game.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="failspotLAWLS"]halo reach's graphics i swear to god look like **** compared to this game. DNF's shadowing is so much superior it's not even funny not to mention the character models have better textures and less blocky than halo reach.failspotLAWLS

i own both games kid. halo reach has some of the crappiest character models this generation blocky and the face's have no detail.

Ok, a little bit better, the face's have no detail kind of make me chuckle

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

ChubbyGuy40

its a good cohesive experience, its well paced, it has sandbox encounters and to some extent level design, the controls are well done, it doesn't have game breaking technical problems... its a game that is put together well, its high production values show, if you don't like it its just a preference.
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

The game is great fun.

ChubbyGuy40

I agree with this guy 8)

Maybe it's because my expectations were low, maybe it's because it was gifted to me on Steam, but I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
Haha oh wow. Biggest disappointment since FFXIII for me....but at least XIII was okay LOL. Poor Duke....I've been missin' ya since ur 3D days. Sigh. I remember when I was getting hyped for this in the early 00's............ever since I saw old screenshots of it. I can't believe what has happened to it and at the same time I can. Man the guys at 3Drealms must have been seriously incompetent or really, really poorly managed.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 DarkLink77
Haha oh wow. Biggest disappointment since FFXIII for me....but at least XIII was okay LOL. Poor Duke....I've been missin' ya since ur 3D days. Sigh. I remember when I was getting hyped for this in the early 00's............ever since I saw old screenshots of it. I can't believe what has happened to it and at the same time I can. Man the guys at 3Drealms must have been seriously incompetent or really, really poorly managed.Lethalhazard
I think it's all poor management. If you want to see how crazy it was, you should watch Machinima's 'All Your History Are Belong to Us.' Really great show, and the 3DR episodes are very good.
Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

I don't even really like Duke Nukem but a 3.0? Please...