DS games pwn PSP anything. Period

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mmlgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mmlgamer
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

Oh sure. PSP has Crisis Core. ANYTHING ELSE?

The DS has Final Fantasy 3-4 and it will have Chrono Trigger. Not even a cheesy prequel can beat that.

What exactly can a PSP do besides play music and video (after paying like 30-60 dollars or more on memory sticks), or remote play (after buying a $500 paperweight)?

With the DS you get killer games like New Super Mario Bros, Metroid Prime Hunters, Yoshi's Island DS.

AND it's getting it's own GTA game.

Now THAT's a DEAL.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
I'm liking my PSP more than my DS so far. I guess I don't apply to your logic...
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
GoW....
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Jeanne d'Arc, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion, and Disgaea beat any DS game(s) to me.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
You just put up 2 remakes and a port, to an original (though sequel) title, I'd rather have 1 new game then 100 ports and remakes. I know you're just trying to start an argument, but the DS and PSP are about equal, most of the big DS titles don't last more then a couple of days, and the PSP actually has quite a few lesser known, but still really great games.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
PSP has good games, DS has too.
McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 McManus107
Member since 2008 • 6356 Posts
stop paying atenttion to him,he made another topic saying the exact opposite
12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 12345yon
Member since 2007 • 1073 Posts

naaa, psp dont cost 500 bucks

and at least you dont scratch your screen with a stick :D

mmlgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mmlgamer
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

12345yon
But Playstation 3's DO, and last i checked, you need a PS3 for remote play. You honestly think I'll take you're opinions seriously if you think it's just a stick. The stick ALONE pwns the PSP. (LMAO)
insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 insanejedi
Member since 2007 • 1738 Posts
METAL GEAR????? yea.
12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 12345yon
Member since 2007 • 1073 Posts
[QUOTE="12345yon"]

mmlgamer

But Playstation 3's DO, and last i checked, you need a PS3 for remote play. You honestly think I'll take you're opinions seriously if you think it's just a stick. The stick ALONE pwns the PSP. (LMAO)

o sry, didt read it to the end, and yes, i have both the DS sucks because you scratch it as hell, but i enjoy it more, but hey? PSP is more multimedia, and have more games (great games), better online than DS (IMO, dont take it personal)

shadowlusterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shadowlusterx
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts
The Wii may not be a fad (Watch Nintendo's E3) but the DS was, and it's over. It sold like crazy at first, but steadily the PSP beats it. The PSP is more multimedia based and gives you everything you need for the road in one easy platform. On the other hand the DS just has games, that also aren't techincally at the level of the PSP.
ballistic3188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ballistic3188
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

The Wii may not be a fad (Watch Nintendo's E3) but the DS was, and it's over. It sold like crazy at first, but steadily the PSP beats it. The PSP is more multimedia based and gives you everything you need for the road in one easy platform. On the other hand the DS just has games, that also aren't techincally at the level of the PSP.shadowlusterx

...so 70 some million is a fad... out selling the PSP still in World wide figures still just compare the NPD and the media crate weekly you will realize that the DS is still increasing its lead. Nah the DS has many years left in its life. it just reached the saturation point in japan. which not only sold more than ps2 in japan but also is only losing at 10k a week to the PSP.

the DS will stay in its position it has the most software sales and the most developer support. PSP's greatest problem is developers aren't willing to place much on it cause of the horrendous software sales. it has done well for a first attempt in a monopoly of nintendo but no way any killer app or functuality will make it above the DS. cause it is so far in the lead and these systems are spiriling out kinda system. once you get steam you keep going you lag behind you get further behind.

aceReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aceReborn
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
psp has tekken!
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
I'm sorry but without Patapon on the DS your argument crumbles to dust. Patapon is one of the best handheld games ever created.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

I half agree with the TC. Yes, the DS game lineup is far superior than the PSP's, but that doesn't mean the PSP lacks good games. FF, GoW, Patapon, MGSPO, GTALC, GTAVCS, Lumines, for example.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Crisis Core is mediocre. FFtactics, GoW, and Patapon are where its at. but I still like the DS better.
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts

Oh sure. PSP has Crisis Core. ANYTHING ELSE?

The DS has Final Fantasy 3-4 and it will have Chrono Trigger. Not even a cheesy prequel can beat that.

What exactly can a PSP do besides play music and video (after paying like 30-60 dollars or more on memory sticks), or remote play (after buying a $500 paperweight)?

With the DS you get killer games like New Super Mario Bros, Metroid Prime Hunters, Yoshi's Island DS.

AND it's getting it's own GTA game.

Now THAT's a DEAL.

mmlgamer

This guy is a troll and nothing more. Stop feeding him. Just look at his other thread that got locked and you will know what I mean. http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26517983

/THREAD

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
FF tactics war of the lions is one of the best FF.
Avatar image for Revolver_Ocelot
Revolver_Ocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Revolver_Ocelot
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts
PSP has 2 GTA games for it already
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

Jeanne d'Arc, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion, and Disgaea beat any DS game(s) to me.SpruceCaboose

Disgaea is on it's way to the DS.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 laughingman42

PSP has 2 GTA games for it alreadyRevolver_Ocelot

which are by far the worst GTA games. Look at the scores that they got on the PS2. They are OK at best.

diped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 diped
Member since 2008 • 2005 Posts
psp has like 8 games worth playing, where the ds has a ton more than that.
SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts
Both are really good.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

I half agree with the TC. Yes, the DS game lineup is far superior than the PSP's, but that doesn't mean the PSP lacks good games. FF, GoW, Patapon, MGSPO, GTALC, GTAVCS, Lumines, for example.

IronBass

I agree.

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
The PSP has a lot of good games. The DS is a great system, but the PSP has a lot to offer. Open your eyes.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Revolver_Ocelot"]PSP has 2 GTA games for it alreadylaughingman42

which are by far the worst GTA games. Look at the scores that they got on the PS2. They are OK at best.

I wouldn't say the worse. What about that GTA game for GBA. And I have this feeling that the DS one isn't going to be great either, through we haven't seen anything of it yet.

acviper123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#29 acviper123
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
I would argue otherwise. God of War: CoO, MGS: PO, and Resistance coming soon... thats just the first level of good games. PSP has a lot of flaws, but I would say it has a pretty good number of good games.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TAKE_IT_BACK
[QUOTE="laughingman42"]

[QUOTE="Revolver_Ocelot"]PSP has 2 GTA games for it alreadyWanderer5

I wouldn't say the worse. What about that GTA game for GBA. And I have this feeling that the DS one isn't going to be great either, through we haven't seen anything of it yet.

Yeah i have a bad feeling about it.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Your points are so invalid. I don't know where to start. Do you even own both? I do ( so I can say this unbiased), and I don't use my Psp for videos or music, I use it to play GoW, Patapon, or FFT, Disgaea, or MHF2, or Naruto: UNH, Bleach: HoS5, etc. ( you get my point)

they're both excellent; I had the Ds first, so I like it a bit more, but they're both pretty equal, and bring different things to the table.

Tony-Harrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tony-Harrison
Member since 2008 • 1884 Posts

Gameboy Advance has better games than the DS (except for backwards compatibility).

Pick up Astro Boy: Omega Factor, and Iridion II backward compatibles for your DS. Iridion II scored 8.5 so it's worth picking up now it's cheap. I got Astro Boy Omega Factor for £4 and it's an AAA title.

blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

Jeanne d'Arc, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion, and Disgaea beat any DS game(s) to me.SpruceCaboose

have you tried the advance wars games or luminous arc for the ds? You seem to like strategy games, and those ones are also quite good and worth checking out. I also have heard that age of empires and FFA2 for the ds are good, but i've not played them yet.

Anywho, we've already established that the psp has some good games. I don't know why these sort of thigns are tolerated in sw(for any system, because it's not just the psp that gets accused of this). The real debate would be in which has more worthwhile games, and in my opinion it is easily the ds. The psp is a good system, but as far as i'm concerned the DS is thee system to own this generation. I feel it's far superior to the consoles. IMO the ds is one of the best places to find fresh games, it has a very diverse collection.

Also, there is nothing wrong with remakes. FF4 for the ds is no lazy port or remake, it is very well done and a very worthy addition to the DS library.

DirtyHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DirtyHorse
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts
[QUOTE="12345yon"]

mmlgamer

ummmm i dont think you have to do a remote play to turn the freakin psp on, its optional. stop making stupid threads and go play your ds.

PSP is better hardware wise, graphics, multimedia, netwroking and games if u ask me. all final fantasies are better on psp. other rpgs are better on psp. shooters platformers are better too. i dont see how ds is better.

DirtyHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DirtyHorse

Gameboy Advance has better games than the DS (except for backwards compatibility).

Pick up Astro Boy: Omega Factor, and Iridion II backward compatibles for your DS. Iridion II scored 8.5 so it's worth picking up now it's cheap. I got Astro Boy Omega Factor for £4 and it's an AAA title.

Tony-Harrison

or i can just download them. who buys gba games these days? ppl that even do are fools.

DirtyHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DirtyHorse
[QUOTE="Wanderer5"][QUOTE="laughingman42"]

[QUOTE="Revolver_Ocelot"]PSP has 2 GTA games for it alreadyTAKE_IT_BACK

of course it will suck, the hardware just doesnt do it for a great series like gta. i mean look at cod4.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 laughingman42
[QUOTE="laughingman42"]

[QUOTE="Revolver_Ocelot"]PSP has 2 GTA games for it alreadyWanderer5

lol I always forget about the 2DGTA games.

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TAKE_IT_BACK
[QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"][QUOTE="Wanderer5"][QUOTE="laughingman42"]

[QUOTE="Revolver_Ocelot"]PSP has 2 GTA games for it alreadyDirtyHorse

of course it will suck, the hardware just doesnt do it for a great series like gta. i mean look at cod4.

*sigh* anyone else noticed the influx of low level fanboys lately?

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TAKE_IT_BACK

Tony-Harrison

erm no.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts
*sigh* you may think that way but other people may rather PSP games over DS games
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
DS games >>>>>>>>>> PSP games. its like comparing ps2's libary to the gamecube's.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
Change the title to DS games own everything.
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45166 Posts
I think you're just insecure about your purchase. It's ok, you can pick up a PSP, it's a great system.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
You just put up 2 remakes and a port, to an original (though sequel) title, I'd rather have 1 new game then 100 ports and remakes. I know you're just trying to start an argument, but the DS and PSP are about equal, most of the big DS titlesdon't last more then a couple of days, and the PSP actually has quite a few lesser known, but still really great games.110million
Pokemon diamond, Phantom hourglass, and Final fnatasy IV shatter that logic.
vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts

DS games >>>>>>>>>> PSP games. its like comparing ps2's libary to the gamecube's. Rahnyc4

:lol: so true, I don't even think they're still making that many PSP games

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TAKE_IT_BACK

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]DS games >>>>>>>>>> PSP games. its like comparing ps2's libary to the gamecube's. vicmackey39

true, the only ones that look good coming out are resistance and kingdom hearts.

Any PSP owners got a list for me?

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts
[QUOTE="vicmackey39"]

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]DS games >>>>>>>>>> PSP games. its like comparing ps2's libary to the gamecube's. TAKE_IT_BACK

true, the only ones that look good coming out are resistance and kingdom hearts.

I think that was it

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TAKE_IT_BACK
[QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"][QUOTE="vicmackey39"]

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]DS games >>>>>>>>>> PSP games. its like comparing ps2's libary to the gamecube's. vicmackey39

I think that was it

I'm waiting for somebody to post one

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Wanderer5
[QUOTE="vicmackey39"]

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]DS games >>>>>>>>>> PSP games. its like comparing ps2's libary to the gamecube's. TAKE_IT_BACK

There also going to be Patapon 2, Loco Roco 2, Star Ocean: First Departure, Star Ocean: Second Evolution, Valhalla Knights 2, Phantasy Star Portable, and a possibly of a Devil May Cry PSP. I sure I miss a couple, plus you got the multiplaform games like TFU. It a decent lineup IMO.