Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6967 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@Chutebox said:

@hardwenzen: Hopefully there is an auto character option.

Always is. I assume the character creator is not available on the PS5?

Yes, it is on PS5.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69921 Posts

@silentchief said:

This is the part where you have nothing so you just repeat yourself. I really am curious how you make it through the day without some type of assistance.

Better than folks who have been victims of lead pipes, thus my condolences to you.😔

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

This is the part where you have nothing so you just repeat yourself. I really am curious how you make it through the day without some type of assistance.

Better than folks who have been victims of lead pipes, thus my condolences to you.😔

You seem like you may have took a lead pipe to the head and are just suffering from more delusion.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Pedro  Online

@silentchief said:

You seem like you may have took a lead pipe to the head and are just suffering from more delusion.

I already shared my condolences to you and yet you are still angry. Oh! I forgot, you are a victim of lead pipes. You are forgiven.🤭

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Warm_Gun  Online
Member since 2021 • 2462 Posts

@silentchief said:
@warm_gun said:

Reminded me why I hate character creators. Way too complicated and after so much time fiddling it still looks more lifeless and homely than characters the devs can make. I didn't even find the muscle category before I gave up.

It's honestly one of the best character creators I have ever tested. I need to make Guts from Berserk.

It sucks donkey balls. It's even worse than the first game's creator. 17 minutes and my character still looked homely. Had to go to bed.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Silentchief

@warm_gun said:
@silentchief said:
@warm_gun said:

Reminded me why I hate character creators. Way too complicated and after so much time fiddling it still looks more lifeless and homely than characters the devs can make. I didn't even find the muscle category before I gave up.

It's honestly one of the best character creators I have ever tested. I need to make Guts from Berserk.

It sucks donkey balls. It's even worse than the first game's creator. 17 minutes and my character still looked homely. Had to go to bed.

It's not hard to make attractive characters as long as you know the basics of what generally makes a face attractive.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39270 Posts

@warm_gun said:
@silentchief said:
@warm_gun said:

Skill issue.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Warm_Gun  Online

Yes.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By hardwenzen

After watching this, imagine not buying the game. How foolishly dispicable of you.

Loading Video...
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#110 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

My time is certainly going to be cut thin with Unicorn Overlord, Contra, Dragon's Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin, MLB The Show 24, Outlast Trials, and perhaps Helldivers 2 (although I'm not a fan so far).

Plus with a new Rocket League season pass and a new season pass for Siege I'm up to my neck in things to play... 1st world problems.. lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 hardwenzen

Crazy that i didn't think of this because its been the gold standard for some time now, but this game has no dodge😎An action rpg with no dodge😎I don't remember playing one without it in such a long time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 hardwenzen

Character creator is missing a few crucial things, and if they were in the game, this character creator would've been the absolute best to ever exist. They needed different eyes to choose from (at least 15 different ones), same with mouths and noses.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

Character creator is perfect and I can finally play as the ugly bastard I always dreamed of being.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Character creator is perfect and I can finally play as the ugly bastard I always dreamed of being.

It's not wise to use your actual driver's license picture on the interwebs dontchaknow? lolol :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50602 Posts

Oooooo, burn!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@SecretPolice said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

It's not wise to use your actual driver's license picture on the interwebs dontchaknow? lolol :P

I need a new ID card soon, would they mind if I just gave them this picture you think? :D

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Warm_Gun  Online

Tried again, still homely after too long fiddling. I'll just use a guide. Don't like the voices either. Forgot. None of them sound right, because they're synthesized (one voice digitally edited). Character creation is stupid.

Say what you want about the new Leon, Clair, Ada, Chris, Ashley, Jill, Luis, etc. (I mostly prefer their old designs. Looked more like faces that only exist in the medium, even though some were actually scanned.) But any of them still look better than the faces that take you two hours to build in a character creator.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Pedro  Online

@warm_gun: Based on the data I have collected, this is a you issue.🙃

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7265 Posts

Interesting it has an uncapped frame rate and goes above 30fps. Why couldn't they just add a 1080p 60fps performance mode.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hardwenzen

@robert_sparkes said:

Interesting it has an uncapped frame rate and goes above 30fps. Why couldn't they just add a 1080p 60fps performance mode.

Most likely because it won't approach 60fps even in 1080p, unless you're looking at the sky. I've seen plenty of previews from Souls creators, and many are saying that the game is running in around the mid 20's fps during fights, with drop to low 20's. And we don't even know the exact resolution the game is running in, which is certainly not native 4k. So if the game is running at a native 1440p while being in the mid 20's fps, there's no chance of it being in 60fps, no matter the resolution. They were playing on an older build, so it might improve, but this "older build" bs is what we hear from every single developer that doesn't have a stable 60fps, so i don't even believe it at this point.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Warm_Gun  Online

@Pedro: You don't know human anatomy. I can explain why all your characters are messed up. Post the full bodies and facial close-ups. Have already done it once today. Dude had no defense. Character creation is pure shit.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Pedro  Online

@warm_gun said:

@Pedro: You don't know human anatomy. I can explain why all your characters are messed up. Post the full bodies and facial close-ups. Have already done it once today. Dude had no defense. Character creation is pure shit.

I don't know human anatomy.😂 That is the funniest thing I have read. If only you knew. With that said, the problem is you. The character creator as demonstrated a high level of customization. You just haven't been able to use the tools available to you to get the results that you want. Because of that, you incorrectly blame the character creation.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:
@robert_sparkes said:

Most likely because it won't approach 60fps even in 1080p, unless you're looking at the sky. I've seen plenty of previews from Souls creators, and many are saying that the game is running in around the mid 20's fps during fights, with drop to low 20's.

How on earth are they able to play this game when DD2 doesn't have a dodge button? That's like putting a fish on water an expecting it to grow lungs and breath.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robert_sparkes said:

Most likely because it won't approach 60fps even in 1080p, unless you're looking at the sky. I've seen plenty of previews from Souls creators, and many are saying that the game is running in around the mid 20's fps during fights, with drop to low 20's.

How on earth are they able to play this game when DD2 doesn't have a dodge button? That's like putting a fish on water an expecting it to grow lungs and breath.

I myself forgot that these games have no dodge mechanic. Gonna be weird.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robert_sparkes said:

I myself forgot that these games have no dodge mechanic. Gonna be weird.

I'm just gonna levitate like Baron Harkonnen.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Warm_Gun  Online

@Pedro: Okay, since you won't post yours, I'll post the guy's example in a couple of hours. If you think it's a you problem, then you don't know anatomy.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Pedro  Online

@warm_gun said:

@Pedro: Okay, since you won't post yours, I'll post the guy's example in a couple of hours. If you think it's a you problem, then you don't know anatomy.

You are the one with the problem and your lack of human anatomy knowledge makes you incapable of making the correct adjustments you deem inaccurate.🤷🏽‍♂️

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Warm_Gun  Online

Pedro thinks you need to **** in order to tell if a woman's shoulders are too vertically sloped. I've never seen a guy spread more snark on a forum with so little underneath.

She has a genetic disorder. The guy after me even says that it's not entirely his fault, because the game doesn't shape that area well. My point exactly!

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Warm_Gun  Online

You know, it bothers me that when I said that to H. P. Lovecraft's Cat (SDG) I could only think of Devil May Cry and Resident Evil. So little diversity in Capcom's modern catalogue. The AAA budget is cancer.

Anyway, would prefer pre-written and sculpted party members who have personalities over the online shit, with the player able to play as any one of them. Not into RPGs generally, but I don't think making your own characters was always seen as so important. They always look worse than the ones devs make.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Pedro  Online

@warm_gun: I engage folks at their level.🙃

Be better at using the tools and learn the human anatomy

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hardwenzen

Jesus f*ck you made a creature.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Warm_Gun  Online
@hardwenzen said:

It's H. P. Lovecraft's Cat's, not mine. Used the example he was proud of because shitposter Pedro would not post his own.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 hardwenzen

@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:

It's H. P. Lovecraft's Cat's, not mine. Used the example he was proud of because shitposter Pedro would not post his own.

It looks damn awful. I am very close to posting my char, but if i do, it will discourage every single person on this forum to try to make something that looks decent. Because after they've seen my character, they will very clearly understand how far behind they are in character creation. I don't want this to happen, i am not this toxic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Pedro  Online

@warm_gun said:

Seeing you behave so petulantly because you incorrectly believe I am obligated to post my character is far more entertaining.😂

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Warm_Gun  Online

It's a situation in which you can either put up or shut up. "Based on the data" he says, but doesn't wanna talk about it. Nothing that I can do with that. He never has anything interesting to say.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Pedro  Online

Silly child.🤭

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Warm_Gun  Online

@Pedro: So pick one. Full body and face. What I can't critique is the unreasonable amount of time that it took the user.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Pedro  Online

Again, that is a you problem.🤷‍♂️

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Warm_Gun  Online

He has nothing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Pedro  Online

@warm_gun: Still struggling to use the character creator 🤭

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

I am so glad this game doesnt have a dodge button.

Dodge buttons trivialize defense. Free reposition + gods know how many secodns of iframe. At least when I parry attacks in a fighting game or in mount and blade, I cant just press dodge and be guaranteed to not be hit (unless they have a roll catch).

Edit: Not to mention, how stupid it looks.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:

Dodge buttons trivialize defense. Free reposition + gods know how many secodns of iframe. At least when I parry attacks in a fighting game or in mount and blade, I cant just press dodge and be guaranteed to not be hit (unless they have a roll catch).

What a shit take, Maroxad. Repositioning is the whole point, and the reason why bosses can be as aggressive as what they've became in Fromsoft titles🤡You can be certain that nothing in DD2 will approach the aggressiveness of bosses in the latest fromsoft titles. And if the iframes from dodges were such a ticket to victory, ALL their games wouldn't be considered as hard, and casuals would be easily going through their titles.

🤡🤡🤡Such a clown.🤡🤡🤡

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Pedro  Online

@Maroxad: It looks stupid in Souls games😂

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

What a shit take, Maroxad. Repositioning is the whole point, and the reason why bosses can be as aggressive as what they've became in Fromsoft titles🤡You can be certain that nothing in DD2 will approach the aggressiveness of bosses in the latest fromsoft titles. And if the iframes from dodges were such a ticket to victory, ALL their games wouldn't be considered as hard, and casuals would be easily going through their titles.

🤡🤡🤡Such a clown.🤡🤡🤡

Dodge rolls are great, for quickly repositioning yourself. When they serve as a free get out of jail card. By making the dodge rolls too potent, such as both liberal use of iframes, and a large distance covered, with very low opportunity costs. Then there is a problem. Far too many ARPGs botch this. Where dodge rolling is not only really easy to use, but comes with next to no opportunity costs.

When I block in a fighting game, I cant just press a button and be out of harm's way. If an enemy attempts to grab me, or if I block incorrectly, I can still get hit. Likewise, I usually have to manage multiple forms of defense at the same time.

All in all, they make the defensive play too easy and there is a reason 3D Souls Clones keep failing. Because from a mechanics perspective, Souls games are pretty damn bad. What Souls usually gets right is boss, enemy and encounter design. And I can assure you, there are PLENTY of action games and action RPGs far more aggressive than anything F***S*** every made. That dont utilize a dodge roll.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

🤡🤡🤡Such a clown.🤡🤡🤡

Dodge rolls are great, for quickly repositioning yourself. When they serve as a free get out of jail card. By making the dodge rolls too potent, such as both liberal use of iframes, and a large distance covered, with very low opportunity costs. Then there is a problem. Far too many ARPGs botch this. Where dodge rolling is not only really easy to use, but comes with next to no opportunity costs.

When I block in a fighting game, I cant just press a button and be out of harm's way. If an enemy attempts to grab me, or if I block incorrectly, I can still get hit. Likewise, I usually have to manage multiple forms of defense at the same time.

All in all, they make the defensive play too easy and there is a reason 3D Souls Games keep failing. Because from a mechanics perspective, Souls games are pretty damn bad. What Souls usually gets right is boss, enemy and encounter design.

Souls games are failing? Wut? Do you mean Souls-like games that try to copy the formula and do it badly?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Maroxad
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Souls games are failing? Wut? Do you mean Souls-like games that try to copy the formula and do it badly?

Yeah 3D Souls Likes. F***S*** games do well, everything else? Oh boy.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

🤡🤡🤡Such a clown.🤡🤡🤡

All in all, they make the defensive play too easy and there is a reason 3D Souls Games keep failing. Because from a mechanics perspective, Souls games are pretty damn bad. What Souls usually gets right is boss, enemy and encounter design.

Yeah 3D Souls Likes. F***S*** games do well, everything else? Oh boy.

There are a lot of mediocre copycats. I'll give you that.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Maroxad

@DragonfireXZ95: In any case, I am excited to play another ARPG without an overpowered dodge roll again.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

🤡🤡🤡Such a clown.🤡🤡🤡

All in all, they make the defensive play too easy and there is a reason 3D Souls Clones keep failing. Because from a mechanics perspective, Souls games are pretty damn bad. What Souls usually gets right is boss, enemy and encounter design. And I can assure you, there are PLENTY of action games and action RPGs far more aggressive than anything F***S*** every made. That dont utilize a dodge roll.

The game is more reactive with a dodge roll. That's all. Nothing else needs to be said, its superior to titles without one.

I would even take almost no iframes like in MHW (without using the Evade Window decoration, obviously) over a game you do nothing, and just stand still. Its not good, and there's a reason why almost every action game has it, even Diablo 4.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

The game is more reactive with a dodge roll. That's all. Nothing else needs to be said, its superior to titles without one.

I would even take almost no iframes like in MHW (without using the Evade Window decoration, obviously) over a game you do nothing, and just stand still. Its not good, and there's a reason why almost every action game has it, even Diablo 4.

You didn't need an overpowered dodge roll command in Dragon's Dogma 1 to avoid damage.

And you require far more reacting and predicting when playing something like Mount&Blade or Street Fighter. Than you ever did in a game with dodge rolls. With dodge rolls simply pressing the roll button is usually enough to avoid damage. In Street Fighter, simply blocking isn't enough. You have to protect yourself properly based on what your opponent is doing. Same in Mount&Blade.