Dragon Age 2 GS Review 8/10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#351 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
I think we can all agree than that Bioware should split from EA. My worry now, is how different Mass Effect 3, and will it have all this pre-order DLC s***
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

So flop then?

Ace6301

Nope. The poll was on AA when the review came through, but posters started clicking on AAA afterwards to make it look like a flop.

Do you have pictures for proof? Because it's at AAA right now and I think if anyone actually cared they would have voted. It's not like some guy a few weeks ago could have went "I know that this poll is going to be incredibly close so I won't vote now and when I do I'll make it a flop! bwhahahaha!" That's just silly.

How is that silly? It sounds like common practice in System Wars. The latest votes showed AA by a very small margin to me.
DreamCryotank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 DreamCryotank
Member since 2011 • 1829 Posts

I think I'll be saving my money for The Witcher 2. The demo was pretty mediocre. And seeing as the original got 9.5 (lol), I'd personally give it a 7, max, so DA2 I'd probably dislike even more. Seeing as it has a worst story than the original. I never thought that could be possible. :?

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="AktionJakson"]

Man I hate the state of the gaming intdustry right now. I truly hope that the game does terrible on sales, because it doesn't deserve much profit.

IronBass

The idea that the hard work of a talented group of people which resulted on a well received (great reviews) "doesn't deserve much profit" because you don't like it (I'm assuming you've finished the game to reach such a conclusion) doesn't really make much sense, and it pictures a terrible scenario for the industry.

If every game that somebody didn't like wouldn't have been profitable, gaming would have died long ago.

I hope the game does well, but I also hope that Bioware addresses the issues mentioned. I really don't think Bioware is so robotic as 'well, if the game sells well, we'll give exactly more of the same'.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 SkyWard20
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Those can't be actual in game screenshots... Unless it's on PC on low setting.

SkyWard20

It's all ingame and on Highest + DX 11. You can tell by looking at their background of other people.

It's not. The game does not look anywhere near that. The art style is pretty neat and the character facial models are detailed, even for generic no-name characters. There's no way Dragon Age 2 looks like that, not on the PC, at least.

Hmm, well I have to take that back. There is a bald elf in in Kirkwall that looks very similar to that, which is... quite odd, considering that the game looks at least satisfying artistically.
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
DA II might have its own issues, but it seems like people hold DA:O in some god-like view. Origins had some SERIOUS issues, one of which was the absolutely atrocious graphics and art style. The combat was largely boring, even though it offered more control and strategy. Another was that it had a ton of filler, as someone already mentioned, to the point where it felt like I was watching paint dry during some of the story missions. Also, the dialogue, while extremely well done, was just complete overkill is some areas, making it feel like a chore rather than actually getting anything meaningful out of it. Although Origins was a great RPG, I do think that it was vastly overrated. In a word, I just think it felt archaic. That may have been a turn on for many hardcore RPG fans out there, but for someone like me who plays all different types of games and doesn't proclaim to be an RPG elitist, the game felt like it was from a previous generation. For the issues it has, which in my opinion were some pretty big ones, I think it deserved more like an 8.0-8.5- scoring that high mainly due to its depth and storytelling, and not so much for being fun. I'm only a few hours into DA II, but even from the demo I was excited. Bioware addressed the issues I had with Origins, mainly the graphics/art style and lack of fun factor. I have a feeling I will enjoy DA II much more than Origins. I am also playing II on the 360, whereas I played Origins on the PC. I'm not one to get involved in PC vs. Console craziness, I did it just because there were times when I play drudging through Origin's storytelling that I wished I was playing on my 50" plasma sitting on the couch, rather than hunched over a computer monitor. I just wanted the immersion of the 360 version. I also felt that from the demos, the 360 and PC version were not that different. Anyway, for me its all positive changes. I wish Kevin focused a little more on reviewing the game itself rather than comparing every detail to Origins. We get it, he absolutely loved Origins, but its okay for a developer to make changes and try new things. We complain if sequels are too similar, and then we complain if they are too different. Its a catch 22 for sure. I'd rather the review just focus on reviewing the game, not comparing it to the previous entry.
secretwardog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 secretwardog
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I like the demo from Da2 game. http://www.zakelijkthuis.nl/promoot.php?x=2668