DOTA 2 Is Dying

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

@charizard1605: It's valves own fault...should of released half-life 3 instead of stupid mobas... The genre I refuse to play as hated warcraft 3.

There are so many Valve gamers here, I refuse to call them PC gamers as they religiously defend Valve.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Hopefully people will realize what a garbage dev valve is, but they won't cause they like that valve D.

Arn't you a blizzard fan? nobody has fallen further....

You mean a dev that actually makes games Boooosh, anyways no Blizzard could go out of business tomorrow and I wouldn't even care.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 FireEmblem_Man

@Ballroompirate said:

Hopefully people will realize what a garbage dev valve is, but they won't cause they like that valve D.

Loading Video...

All Valve Fanboys really deserve a Crane Kick in the Face! Especially for defending to buyout mod studios and slapping their name on it.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FireEmblem_Man
@MBirdy88 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

At least Blizzard made a MOBA from the ground up, what did Valve Corp do? Oh right, they bought out a mod team that was working on an existing MOBA.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ballroompirate

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Loading Video...

All Valve Fanboys really deserve a Crane Kick in the Face! Especially for defending to buyout mod studios and slapping their name on it.

Amen

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Don't know what people bash MOBAs so much. Don't like them, don't touch them. I know people say this all the time but it is so true.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

I really really say this with the up most respect but, if you don't know or are affiliated with the DOTA community, then please reserve all false assumptions to yourself. This has zero, and I truly mean ZERO standing and should be reserved as a blog post but considering its Char I am sure it will not get locked.

And for the record no, Dota is not dying, it actually grew tremendously year after year.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#58 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

Global Offensive

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

You mean a dev that actually makes games Boooosh, anyways no Blizzard could go out of business tomorrow and I wouldn't even care.

Meh blizzard have f*cked up far worse than Valve....

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

At least Blizzard made a MOBA from the ground up, what did Valve Corp do? Oh right, they bought out a mod team that was working on an existing MOBA.

Ah you mean they did the smart thing? they are not the first ones either Heroes of Newerth was ICefrogs first "3rd party aid" with a DoTA game... Valve just made it as good as it is today. Meanwhile .... HoTS is yet another dumbed down game that blizzard charge stupid prices for... why? because they are far greedier than most developers now... they monetize worse than most other devs (not just optional aesthetics ) ... I wouldn't be suprised if they charge for friggin Overwatch characters too (note, I know you can earn them, but this s*tty LOL practice is just crap ... at least VALVE had common sense) ... but hey... lets lock our characters behind grind/paywalls! because blizzard are so amazing.

What about that World of Warcraft - that turned into a mobile "the sims, s*it edition between raids" that is now down to 30% of its peak?"

Or that casual and broken as f*ck card game which is again monetised with herrendous booster-earning-times if you don't pay?

Star Craft 2 failed to make a big splash. (on a large scale).

Diablo 3 took 3 years to fix and is still outclassed by a free2play game (Path of Exile) ...

Now they decide they failed to make an FPS MMO, so they try a TF2 clone.

Sounds great..

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

All mobas are a waste of time with no progression.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@charizard1605: talked to someone who is into MOBA's and he said that 1. theres usually a dip around this time of year in DOTA after the international tourney.....2. he said lots of ppl (like a rapture) left LOL to go to DOTA......3. the LOL World Championship is this month.

So while some might not be digging the changes and bugs....it seems there could be more to it.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

Interesting.

Please make Half Life 3, now.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:

1. theres usually a dip around this time of year in DOTA after the international tourney.....2. he said lots of ppl (like a rapture) left LOL to go to DOTA......3. the LOL World Championship is this month.

Can confirm.

There's also been an influx of people that just wanted to see Source 2 in action and didn't stick around.

Overall the update was great after major bugs were shot down (which was done within a day).

Increased performance, reduced loading times, better lighting, improved UI.

Wait till TI6's prize pool next year before making any idiotic assumptions about Dota 2 "dying", please.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#66 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Too early to call that, it hasn't lost that much of its playerbase. There has been a dip but it can be easily recovered after the busy season.

Wait until early next year.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ballroompirate

@MBirdy88 said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

True but Valve is still garbage, the last game they legitimately made was what Day of Defeat?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

True but Valve is still garbage, the last game they legitimately made was what Day of Defeat?

I've spent a lot of time and have had countless hours of fun on their not legitimately made games (most notably with L4D and Dota 2), so by all means, let them keeping doing it.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@Ballroompirate: I only spent 5 dollars on MGS 5 because of Valve. Their sweet D brings nothing but good fortune.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ballroompirate

@SexyJazzCat said:

@Ballroompirate: I only spent 5 dollars on MGS 5 because of Valve. Their sweet D brings nothing but good fortune.

If you're talking about ground zeroes then well got it for free on psn and xbl so w/e, enjoy that D.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SexyJazzCat

@Ballroompirate: Phantom Pain biiietch. Hell, anyone who ordered the game got Ground Zeroes for free. Have fun renting games.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ballroompirate

@SexyJazzCat said:

@Ballroompirate: Phantom Pain biiietch. Hell, anyone who ordered the game got Ground Zeroes for free. Have fun renting games.

Lol no, I can tell you right now you're full of shit unless you bought a steam key from some key site.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SexyJazzCat

@Ballroompirate: Hahaha dam dude is it really that hard to believe? That's really funny. I'm not even lying. I gathered some money by selling stuff from my inventory on the steam market. Can't do that on consoles can ya?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ballroompirate

@SexyJazzCat said:

@Ballroompirate: Hahaha dam dude is it really that hard to believe? That's really funny. I'm not even lying. I gathered some money by selling stuff from my inventory on the steam market. Can't do that on consoles can ya?

You mean selling used items..yea can't do that on consoles...yup no such things as Gamestop or ANYTHING like that...

Please don't have kids, we don't need more stupid people.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SexyJazzCat

@Ballroompirate: The **** are you talking about. Steam has an inventory system and a market place that allows you to sell/trade tradable items acquired through any games that has the integration. How is that in any way similar to selling to gamestop? You've been huffing the forum fumes for too long, take your own advice.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Ballroompirate

@SexyJazzCat said:

@Ballroompirate: The **** are you talking about. Steam has an inventory system and a market place that allows you to sell/trade tradable items acquired through any games that has the integration. How is that in any way similar to selling to gamestop? You've been huffing the forum fumes for too long, take your own advice.

Your IQ must be in the single digits or a piss poor troll. Those "market" items/cards are rewarded through buying games (or events like the summer sale or bought/traded in Dota 2), when you buy said games they have (usually) cards you can sell/unlock when you play through the game, which honestly don't go for jack **** (like what around 15 cents per card). If you do it that way you must have a METRIC SHIT TON of crap to sell for a $59.99 game.

Even then, guess how much you probably spent on before selling all those game items/cards just to get that $55 off for MGSV PP, any educated guess is pointing towards more than what you actually saved getting MGSV (or you cheesed and bought a lot of crappy cheap games that have cards), unless you got 20% off from gmg or some other site that sells games that require steam (which honestly you should praise their D and not steams).

Now lets go into selling "unwanted" items. I'll dumb this down as much as possible for you ok?

You get a card for playing Metro LL, you decide to sell it on the market place which you get 18 cents for said card, it's added to your steam wallet/balance towards a future purchase.

You sell a unwanted game or accessory to gamestop, let's say the video game Bloodborne, you can ether take store credit to purchase anything later or cash. For this scenario you do store credit for let's say $20.

Both, keyword both let you sell or trade something that you have no desire in keeping, which you can turn around and buy something else, so both those transactions I listed let you purchase towards MGSV.

So saying "hur hur consoles can't do dat hur, valve roxs" makes you look pretty daft.

Have a good day

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SexyJazzCat

@Ballroompirate: @Ballroompirate: It's mind blowing how you think that's even remotely the same. You realize people essentially make part time jobs outta merching on the steam market right? That I can gather money off of the shit sitting in my inventory for over a year without having to sell half my game library to buy a single newly released game?

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#78 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@Midnightshade29: What do you think keeps Valve afloat so they can make the best HL3 possible (if at all)? Besides, Valve is a massive company, with numerous development teams.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I am not a Dota fan myself and would prefer Valve to focus on something else, but saying that Dota is dying makes me laugh.

Bravo632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Bravo632
Member since 2015 • 207 Posts

Dota won't die.

Sure the new engine has had it's issues and they're being fixed on daily basis. They just released a new compendium, and I'm sure a lot of Dota players wouldn't want to miss this - last but not least, the new Majors is going to start soon. This will get more people back.

I don't understand why people hate MOBAs, no other genre has made it this far.
The new UI may seem very hard at first, but it's a great improvement - easy to customize 'in-game cosmetics' now, for those who care about this stuff.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46445 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Moba's should all die.

So RTS can come back, right?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Moba's should all die.

So RTS can come back, right?

The fact this thread is 3 years old, ReadingRainbow4 hasn't been on SW for years.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15947 Posts

DOTA userbase will never goes away. I mean original DOTA persisted for a really long time before its replaced with DOTA 2.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46445 Posts
@davillain- said:

The fact this thread is 3 years old, ReadingRainbow4 hasn't been on SW for years.

Damn so chances are slim that he will be replying :'(

Where have so many Gamespot users run off to?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Well this thread didn't age well. The current prize pool is growing at a record pace and player numbers are up ?

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

All MOBA’s are trash especially ones made by valve.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Haven't played Dota 2 in a few years. Might go back and slum it in LP for a bit. ?

@R4gn4r0k said:
@davillain- said:

Damn so chances are slim that he will be replying :'(

Where have so many Gamespot users run off to?

ResetEra or Neogaf.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

Did charizard1605 quit this site? How come he doesn't post anymore?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

It's alive!!!!

Avatar image for needdistraction
NeedDistraction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 NeedDistraction
Member since 2019 • 38 Posts

People are moving on to BR. LoL was great from like 2009 - 2012 and Dota 1 was new and interesting. Nowadays what's the point in playing them?

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

The PC Rental near our place still has DotA 1. And it is played regularly. But DOTA2? Currently there's a an International Battle Pass so it's more popular than the previous months.

But nonetheless, this is an old thread.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

must be a pretty slow death

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

ty for dying, more players for LoL

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3141 Posts

@XVision84 said:

Well this thread didn't age well. The current prize pool is growing at a record pace and player numbers are up ?

I didn't notice the date on the original post and was wondering about that Steam traffic chart he linked to. Looking at it, the game looks really quite healthy, so I was wondering what the hell he was talking about.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

The peruvians will never let dota2 die.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points