Don't you think it's a disgrace that Europeans have to pay more and get less?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"] Why do people think average wage is higher in the EU? http://1-million-dollar-blog.com/average-monthly-salary-for-72-countries-in-the-world/

That is really odd. Minimum wage in Australia is $16 AUD/hr. The US is like $7.50 USD/hr. The "average" for the whole country doesn't really represent what it is like for the average consumer. Also, long time no see cake.

Most Americans working a minimum wage job are high school kids and college students who are just working part time. Nobody with any ambition whatsoever is going to make a career out of a minimum wage job in America. There are too many other jobs out there that pay better.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Isn't VAT like 15 or 20% in alot of those countries and included in the price? that will do it...
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="m25105"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]factor in things like average wage vs cost of living etc, i doubt it's as bad as people make out.sts106mat
500 euros is a ton of money for the average working class family in Europe. It's a disgrace, nothing more to it.

500 euros, divided by the thousands of hours of entertainment it'll provide = not such a disgrace. cost of family holiday to USA £4000, done in two weeks. gaming is a hobby, being upset about the price of stuff is stupid.

So this is your new damage control.?

Because it is a proven fact that the low wage class can even afford a trip to UK or other parts of EU right.?:roll:

You can divide hours of entertaiment  over the price all you want it doesn't change the fact that the xbox one is a over priced console to expensive in EU,is almost 100 pounds more expensive than the PS4 while been weaker and having some horrible anti consumer policies.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]Isn't VAT like 15 or 20% in alot of those countries and included in the price? that will do it...

Indeed. I know in the US that prices are listed without tax so the price is always more at the point of sale as opposed to what it said on the ticket.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="Zuzuvela"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]factor in things like average wage vs cost of living etc, i doubt it's as bad as people make out.sts106mat
Its tax thats the difference, I know here, 21.5% VAT is added on to the price

yeah, its 20% here in the UK and included in that £425 or whatever it is. I think i am right in saying that the US adds sales tax when you get it to the till (at least it used to) but here in the uk the ticket price is exactly what you pay. also my £1.00 is worth $1.5 dollars, its not as evil as some people seem to think.

Even with tax appaart the xbox one is way cheaper in US.

$500 + 9% = $545

ON UK at the current exchange rate.

429 pound = $671 dollars.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 clyde46

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Zuzuvela"] Its tax thats the difference, I know here, 21.5% VAT is added on to the pricetormentos

yeah, its 20% here in the UK and included in that £425 or whatever it is. I think i am right in saying that the US adds sales tax when you get it to the till (at least it used to) but here in the uk the ticket price is exactly what you pay. also my £1.00 is worth $1.5 dollars, its not as evil as some people seem to think.

$500 + 9% = $545

Our tax rate is 20%, do the maths again and see what it comes out it.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
You europeans are still fvcking lucky. Look at Australia.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
That's what you get for living in Europe. Here in America they take pity on us because we have to live in America, therefore we get cheaper stuff. Hell, evolution is still banned from being taught in a lot of schools. Having to pay less for video game stuff is the least we deserve.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 clyde46

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Zuzuvela"] Its tax thats the difference, I know here, 21.5% VAT is added on to the pricetormentos

$500 + 9% = $545

$500 with a 20% tax rate will come out to around $600, yes its $71 more when you convert things but the damage isn't as bad as you think.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
That's it? The UK pays double what the US pays in gas. If the PS4 is 531 then it should be $265 in the US. I'm pissed!
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="tormentos"]

$500 + 9% = $545

sts106mat

Our tax rate is 20%, do the maths again and see what it comes out it.

lol, dont expect a reply to that one!

Having just done the maths, if you account for the same tax rate (20%) the difference is minimal once conversion of currency takes place. Yes it is more expensive but its not as bad when you just compare the price from the two regions on face value.

Praisedasun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Praisedasun
Member since 2013 • 504 Posts

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="hippiesanta"] chinahippiesanta
Where labour is cheaper than either Greece or Bosnia.

Greeks could be cheaper than chinese or pakistanis labour right now ... no offence... but just look at them, living on the street eating grass and taking SISA drugs ...... they desperately need jobs

That's bullshit.

Greeks are a lot more expensive than pakistanis and chinese.

The lowest possible salary in greece is 500 euros or something.

Regarding the grass/drugs part, I live in greece and things are nothing like that.Although there is poverty,for some reason people think that we eat eachother.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
They cost more but a year or so ago I was looking at minimum wage in the UK vs US and you know what, you guys can totally afford it. Your minimum wage was more than I made at my first job post college for a tech company... and that job was like 4 bucks over minimum wage. You dudes are balling. Stop complaining. Your fresh out of high school hamburger flipper at McDonald's is making more than college grads over here.
scorpion226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 scorpion226
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Try coming to Australia and look at our prices!

adders99
Yea exactly we in Australia have to pay for the xbox one $599 and Playstation 4 $549 I would like to see if any one can beat our over the top prices we have to pay in Australia it's an absolute Rip off.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
[QUOTE="adders99"]

scorpion226
Yea exactly we in Australia have to pay for the xbox one $599 and Playstation 4 $549 I would like to see if any one can beat our over the top prices we have to pay in Australia it's an absolute Rip off.

How does that convert to dollars/pounds/euros
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
Don't care. I'll just get 200 PS4s for the money that I didn't have to pay for college, lulz.
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
This just goes to show how regressive a tax like the VAT is. The US, at least at the federal level, is pretty good about limiting the amount of tax that is paid by the poor.
Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

Meh, its been like that forever.

Luigifanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Luigifanatic
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

[QUOTE="scorpion226"][QUOTE="adders99"]

cakeorrdeath

How does that convert to dollars/pounds/euros

I dunno why Australians are complaining about the prices of the new consoles.  Considering the PS4 will cost 350 GBP in the UK which is about $570 Australian as well as it costing 399 Euros which is about $552 Australian, we're not doing too bad with the $550 price point in Australia.  I just think back to 2006 when the PS3 was released and it cost $1000 here as opposed to $600 USD which was absurd.  Things have gotten a bit better for us since then, but i guess at the moment we're on par with Europes prices.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts
[QUOTE="hoosier7"]Technically we do get more in the EU as we've got a load of quality assurance laws that give 2yrs warranty on all electrical goods. US only get 30 days i think. I know here in the UK the average wage is quite a bit higher so the prices are kind of to be expected.cakeorrdeath
Why do people think average wage is higher in the EU? http://1-million-dollar-blog.com/average-monthly-salary-for-72-countries-in-the-world/

Well, you also have to factor in that the average (West)European works less hours than the average american, so the rate of pay per hour is higher in (West) Europe. http://247wallst.com/2012/07/18/countries-where-people-work-least/3/ They're all European countries.
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
Higher standards :cool:
The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
Blame the Euro.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cakeorrdeath
Blame the Euro.The_Pacific
And the UK?
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="hoosier7"]Technically we do get more in the EU as we've got a load of quality assurance laws that give 2yrs warranty on all electrical goods. US only get 30 days i think. I know here in the UK the average wage is quite a bit higher so the prices are kind of to be expected.deeliman
Why do people think average wage is higher in the EU? http://1-million-dollar-blog.com/average-monthly-salary-for-72-countries-in-the-world/

Well, you also have to factor in that the average (West)European works less hours than the average american, so the rate of pay per hour is higher in (West) Europe. http://247wallst.com/2012/07/18/countries-where-people-work-least/3/ They're all European countries.

Not sure how that influences spending power, and if we start going down that road US pays far less tax.
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deeliman
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="deeliman"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"] Why do people think average wage is higher in the EU? http://1-million-dollar-blog.com/average-monthly-salary-for-72-countries-in-the-world/

Not sure how that influences spending power, and if we start going down that road US pays far less tax.

I wasn't talking about spending power, I was talking about the average wage, which is higher in most European countries.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="deeliman"] I wasn't talking about spending power, I was talking about the average wage, which is higher in most European countries.

No its not, the pay rate per hour might be, but not the wage.
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deeliman
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="deeliman"] I wasn't talking about spending power, I was talking about the average wage, which is higher in most European countries.

No its not, the pay rate per hour might be, but not the wage.

Got those 2 confused, my bad. Still pay rate per hour is more important IMO.