Does Witcher 3 get better after the first few hours?

• 77 results
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@drekula2: if you don't like it, you don't like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@john_of_rivia said:

@Heirren: Well do you like the genre? If so, I'd say give the game a try. It received incredible praise with good reason. The mechanics can be clunky, but I think you'll lose yourself in the music, scenery, characters, monsters, and the crafting system.

I like any genre with solid play. Stuff you can get good at, but I do enjoy mindless beat em up like Streets of Rage 2/etc. I've just bought so many games which sit there--GTA5 is just a snooze fest. It is as though games just don't have depth anymore.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@Heirren said:
@john_of_rivia said:

@Heirren: Well do you like the genre? If so, I'd say give the game a try. It received incredible praise with good reason. The mechanics can be clunky, but I think you'll lose yourself in the music, scenery, characters, monsters, and the crafting system.

I like any genre with solid play. Stuff you can get good at, but I do enjoy mindless beat em up like Streets of Rage 2/etc. I've just bought so many games which sit there--GTA5 is just a snooze fest. It is as though games just don't have depth anymore.

Thank god, I am not the only one.

I felt so alone on this because everyone praises this game and I haven't been able to work up my care factor enough to boot the game for a third time.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@playharderfool said:
@Heirren said:
@john_of_rivia said:

I felt so alone on this because everyone praises this game and I haven't been able to work up my care factor enough to boot the game for a third time.

I've been told to invest more time in the game. I just don't see the point. The character control is sluggish, the driving is sluggish, the shooting is barely passable, its repetitive, and most importantly there just isn't much game to it. It is filled with pointless things to do like virtual sky diving. The entire package is an entire Ken and Barbie doll collection being played by people 15 to 35 years old. It is kind of depressing.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

hope you bought it on PC

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@drekula2 said:
@mesome713 said:

I never liked the Witcher combat, but then again, i dont know many who do.

So basically, it's a graphics game.

skyrim is better.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

I think it does. The starting area was fairly boring imo. Once you get unleashed into the "open world" all aspects of the game gets much better.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The controls aren't even that bad, decent I'd say. Just lower the camera sensitivity because it was way out there. Imo the game is excellent.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

The cut scenes put me to sleep. I think I have played the game for less than 3 hours. I killed the Griffin (Griffen) the first beast then had an endless supply of walking around talking to people. It might be great but it's not for me.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

It's one of the greatest games ever made, So yes it gets better, levelling up upgrades to spells, and combat can help, storywise it's your choice.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

this is by far the one of the best games i played in my life ! maybe in my top 3 :!

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#62 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I loved it from the start, but it does get better once you fully inderstand the menus, combat system, lore, etc.

Considering you are not a fan of the genre, maybe thus is not a game for you, though.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@ultimateimp: Such a disaster of a game it has received almost universal ultimate praise and has sold 4 million copies in two weeks. I bet CD Projekt are still reeling from such a terrible disaster.

Jesus christ.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Question for those who have played it - Is the story any better than the first two? Is the combat?

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

@Jawad2007 said:

this is by far the one of the best games i played in my life ! maybe in my top 3 :!

are the other 2 witcher 1 and 2 lol

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Combat was the games weakest asset. But the games quests and stories end up getting rather good. Its better then 99% of the RPG stories and writing I've dealt with in video games so ya I'd say it gets better but it's still a video game RPG. So if it's not your thing the rpg genre you might not end up liking it.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Will the controls / combat get better? No. Combat is ok (nothing too great) IMO and sometimes just targeting the right enemy or item can be frustrating.

Will the story get better? Absolutely. Well, the main story is chasing after Ciri, but it's really about what happens along the way, the people you meet and how you affect their fates. even the side quests can have big consequences to the main story. I am close to finishing it now and I already see here what the result of some of my choices were.

I also started this game off thinking "meh". Now, 50 hours later (haven't even done all the side quests, big mistake btw), I'm looking forward to playing it again once I'm done.

I'm really loving this game. You hardly ever get so much value for your money.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Epak_

@Nightflash28 said:

Will the controls / combat get better? No. Combat is ok (nothing too great) IMO and sometimes just targeting the right enemy or item can be frustrating.

I learned that it's easier to fight if you don't use lock-on too much.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56243 Posts

Still playing Witcher 3 as we speak. Yes the game keeps getting better and better as you progress through the game and the Bloody Baron quest got me hook up so well, it was worth keeping me playing at the edge of my seat. Just finishing up with Dandelion quest without giving any spoilers here, I got to say no, do not sell Witcher 3. It should be notice that alot of NPC's are very well done in this game. they seem like REAL people, not video game cardboard cut outs.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Epak_

@davillain- said:

Still playing Witcher 3 as we speak. Yes the game keeps getting better and better as you progress through the game and the Bloody Baron quest got me hook up so well, it was worth keeping me playing at the edge of my seat. Just finishing up with Dandelion quest without giving any spoilers here, I got to say no, do not sell Witcher 3. It should be notice that alot of NPC's are very well done in this game. they seem like REAL people, not video game cardboard cut outs.

I'm roughly at the same spot as you are in the game, really want to know what happens next, Bloody Baron quest was hilarious :P

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#71  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

The first few hours are just tutorial..... Might be a good idea to get past tutorial in rpgs...

Game was amazing, from the story to the characters, to the gameplay to the fighting, all fantastic. I would much rather play Witcher 3 combat than Skyrim or Two worlds combat.

And a HUGE LOL @ people bitching about witcher combat but praising DMC3, LOL. You do know that DMC3 doesn't have a good story, dialogue or characters like Witcher 3 does right? Hell I would take the fighting in Witcher 3 also.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

wow didn't know this many people didn't like the game. I'll give it a go later, haven't purchased the game yet.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#73  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@drekula2 said:
@mesome713 said:

I never liked the Witcher combat, but then again, i dont know many who do.

So basically, it's a graphics game.

*looks at avatar and sig* should be right up your alley then.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I should probably change my sig. I'm not a huge Uncharted fan like I used to be.

I'm gonna give Witcher 3 a chance, appreciate it and just not keep my expectations too high.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#75 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Uhh... The side content? The world? The creatures? Does none of this appeal to you? The game is huge and very very well presented. Each quest has voice acting and... almost engaging characters. this is VERY rare for rpg's. Yes it does get more engaging as you play it more, it definitely does.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

Awful fucking combat system.

Decent to Good everything else.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@playharderfool said:
@Heirren said:
@john_of_rivia said:

lol agreed

I jumped into this new "heist" feature and beginning to take play it seriously pretty much ruined the entire game for me. Games were only good to **** around in post San Andreas.