Does MS stand a chance against Sony and Ninty this E3?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Does MS stand a chance against Sony and Ninty this E3? (65 votes)

Yes, MS will win this E3 (?) 29%
No, Sony will win this E3 (Neo) 40%
No, Ninty might win this E3 (NX) 31%

It's the time of the year soon that will set the gaming community and SW ablaze, but does MS stand a chance against the big hitters of the industry?

MS clearly said that they're not interested in an Xbox 1.5, on the other hand we have the PS4k, or Neo, and the NX, which both look very promising. The Xbox One is already weak sauce and if MS doesn't has an answer to Sony and Nintendo, then it looks like another lost E3 for them. Gaming-wise the Xbox One doesn't has much to offer besides Gears 4, which looks horrendous in MP and some other games that might not even hit this year. Personally I want to see more of Scalebound, but looking at MS' track-record, that might be another step in the wrong direction. I hope to be wrong there though, because that game looks promising.

There's no doubt that we're going to see some killer exclusives from Sony and Nintendo at/during E3, so MS needs to step up their game if they intend to compete with Sony and Nintendo.

What do you think System Wars, is there a chance that MS will all surprise us and steal the show? This could definitely turn out to be interesting, and I'd hope that Xbox fans could finally catch a break. This solely depends on what MS does next though!

• 
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59030 Posts

Their probably aware NX has already won.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

Both Sony and Nintendo will bow out of the console race after Microsoft's E3 performance.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Yes Microsoft stands a chance. I don't know who will "win". Hopefully the consumers of video games.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Imagine if the NX is stronger than the PS4k, that would be hilarious for SW here.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I'm expecting their conference to be even worse than usual with tons of Windows 10 talk. We know what all their studios are working on. Expect to see Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3, Halo Wars 2 and probably a Halo 6 trailer to close the show.

The only way they could grab anyone's attention is if they reveal a new Xbox that blows the PS4 Neo's specs away.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44577 Posts

It's Sony's to take if they play their cards right, I'd of thought full focus on PSVR would have sealed the deal, made people ignore the NX, but I feel the new PS4.5 could potentially interfere with what I thought might have otherwise been a good thing. Really it depends on how people react and which way that tips. The gaming community seems pretty split on It at moment. Seems die hard Sony fans are supporting it and lately pushing weak console narrative to support this move. I think it's going to be a hard sell throwing VR in on top if that if there's a disparity between vanilla PS4 VR and PS4.5 VR, which will cost between $900 and $1000 to get into for its ideal state. At that point, the NX starts to not look like such a bad deal.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

It's Sony's to take if they play their cards right, I'd of thought full focus on PSVR would have sealed the deal, made people ignore the NX, but I feel the new PS4.5 could potentially interfere with what I thought might have otherwise been a good thing. Really it depends on how people react and which way that tips. The gaming community seems pretty split on It at moment. Seems die hard Sony fans are supporting it and lately pushing weak console narrative to support this move. I think it's going to be a hard sell throwing VR in on top if that if there's a disparity between vanilla PS4 VR and PS4.5 VR, which will cost between $900 and $1000 to get into for its ideal state. At that point, the NX starts to not look like such a bad deal.

I don't think they will spend a ton of time on VR. It's not something that works well as a live demonstration. They will probably talk for a few minutes and tell people there will be demo stations at retail soon. PS4 Neo and some big game announcements like Crash, God of War 4 and Bend's new IP + a Last Guardian release date will be the focus of the conference if I had to bet.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

Where's the option for "They'll all do pretty good this year"?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I think that they might have a few surprises waiting for us, yet.

I am extremely curious to see how they counter new hardware from Nintendo and Sony, however. Surely they have something of their own in the works?

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 suicidesn0wman

@NathanDrakeSwag: I think they'll show some video like they did at psx last year, but it'll probably be another montage unless they have a blockbuster type of game to announce for it, like God of War VR or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

na man...nobody does

God Of War 4 Age of Thor, FF7 Remake, Shen Mue 3, Crash Bandicoot Remake , Grand Turismo Sport, Street Fighter 5 Sagat/Balrog Reveals complete edition,.

On Sony's stage, Call of Duty (neo), Battlefield (neo), Kingdom Hearts 3 (neo)

Hit after hit after hit. Whats xbox one got and phil spencer quantum break 2 or ryse 2 yuck man.

I'm going to sony's stage im done with microsoft nintendo I don't want to see there stage.

100 PS2/PS1 classics going digital on PS4 by 2017

PS4 --> PS4 Neo trade in upgrade program revealed.

Sony..Sony...Sony everything's coming up Sony there masterminds this generation.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

na man...nobody does

God Of War 4 Age of Thor, FF7 Remake, Shen Mue 3, Crash Bandicoot Remake , Grand Turismo Sport, Street Fighter 5 Sagat/Balrog Reveals complete edition,.

On Sony's stage, Call of Duty (neo), Battlefield (neo), Kingdom Hearts 3 (neo)

Hit after hit after hit. Whats xbox one got and phil spencer quantum break 2 or ryse 2 yuck man.

I'm going to sony's stage im done with microsoft nintendo I don't want to see there stage.

Is this guy who I think he is?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'd say Nintendo has the highest chance of taking it for me. Retro Studios, the greatest dev of all time, has been quiet for a while. The same goes for most of their big studios actually.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#14 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I dunno, Sony and Nintendo are better positioned to take E3. MS has seemingly scaled back their efforts. I expect an average E3 from them, but their last few havent been great either

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I think Nintendo will win this years e3.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts

M$ never wins at E3, they can announce something game-changing. Then get a lot of backlash from people that are scared of change, and M$ folds to the backlash, and then the same people complain next year that there's no change. Yes, I'm still butthurt about them removing DRM. One step forward, two steps back.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#17  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@RPG-er said:

Yes, I'm still butthurt about them removing DRM.

I think you are the only one...

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Yes , they can compete.

But they can't do what they did last year with boring demos like Halo 5 , Gears , and Timed Raider (lmfao). That was snooze worthy. Sony destroyed them with Uncharted 4 , The Last Guardian , and Horizon Zero Dawn.

If they can't wow with demos from Gears 4 single player , Recore , and something else ... then they would have failed. Only time will tell.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RPG-er

@aigis said:
@RPG-er said:

Yes, I'm still butthurt about them removing DRM.

I think you are the only one...

I just thought console is catching up to PC. lol nope.

But I get digital copies of my games, so I'm good. I don't have to switch disc like a 1995 slave.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I'm expecting their conference to be even worse than usual with tons of Windows 10 talk. We know what all their studios are working on. Expect to see Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3, Halo Wars 2 and probably a Halo 6 trailer to close the show.

The only way they could grab anyone's attention is if they reveal a new Xbox that blows the PS4 Neo's specs away.

They are still creating stuff for halo 5. It's very unlikely they show anything halo 6 related.MS is most likely going to focus on halo wars 2 and future halo 5 content at E3 since we know the last update they have advertised for halo 5 so far is released in July most likely.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22379 Posts

@suicidesn0wman said:

Because apparently there can be only 1 "winner"...

Like mentioned above, I hope the "winner" is the gaming consumer.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17826 Posts

if they have some big games at it then sure. remember its all about the hype and bombs...they dont have to release this year.

i have a sneeky suspecion they will be more focused on services for this E3 though.

it could go either way for sony at E3. the PS4.5 could easily backfire on them. if people see it and start thinking "but...why? whats the benefit?" then sony are going to be in trouble. they have to justify the mid cycle upgrade or it could be nasty. or if they show that recent uncharted 4 demos were on PS4.5 kits, not 4, there could be war. so i wouldnt call it a certainty for sony.

nintendo are impossible to predict. they could have one of those twilight princess type E3s in which case the others may as well pack up. nintendos own studios have been quiet for some time now so they should have plenty to show (and hopefully they show more than just whats due in the next 12 months). with a new console (maybe more than 1...who knows) they should also be able to build even more hype. but they can also muck it all up and end up talking about the importance of those flashing lights on your modem for 2 hours...they certainly didnt do a good job with the wiiu.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I have Sony winning the e3

1. Huge exclusives

2. NEO mega ton bomb

3. PSVR

MS is sure to have some exclusives and services but not sure how they will counter what Sony is bringing to the table. The NX is non-factor at this point as there is zero credible info.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@dynamitecop: I was think the same thing, he's been a rabid Microsoft fanboy for a while, we have another flip flopper

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Imagine if the NX is stronger than the PS4k, that would be hilarious for SW here.

Well, the CPU could easily be faster and it might have more RAM...

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

No, they won't.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 suicidesn0wman

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@suicidesn0wman said:

If all 3 do pretty good, the gaming consumer IS the winner...

Dixonganesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dixonganesh
Member since 2016 • 129 Posts

It will be cool to be able to play Halo and God of War on my NX....lol

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@suicidesn0wman said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@suicidesn0wman said:

It is SW so there can be only one, welcome to the asylum, best to join in the fun because common sense is not welcome here. And with that i'll say MS will win E3 like they did last year. I wonder if Sony will sell nothing but hopes and dreams like they did last year.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RPG-er

@suicidesn0wman said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@suicidesn0wman said:

I don't feel like a winner. Games release broken. DLC is half the game that's unlocked away. And new products are produced in limited amounts because of marketing, "It's sold out everywhere," while the store only got a shipment of 5.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56150 Posts

Well MS still has AR to discuss though, so that's something for them to focus on is my best guess. Also why is everyone keep saying Gears of War 4 is the only exclusive game as of now? Did we all forget about Crackdown 3 now? I also expect them to fully discuss Crackdown 3 and there Cloud computing if that's still a thing.

Other then that, there's also rumors about Xbox One slim model but I don't that's a showstopper anyway if that's true, so I'll just say that MS is gonna have another standard E3 press.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

I feel MS did VERY good last year. But they HAVE to release an updated Xbox One like the rest are doing if not trust me they will get WiiU'ed and will be in an even worse position.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

M$ doesn't stand a chance this E3 against the one-two punches from Sony and Nintendo.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NotAFanboy
Member since 2015 • 573 Posts

@davillain- said:

Well MS still has AR to discuss though, so that's something for them to focus on is my best guess. Also why is everyone keep saying Gears of War 4 is the only exclusive game as of now? Did we all forget about Crackdown 3 now? I also expect them to fully discuss Crackdown 3 and there Cloud computing if that's still a thing.

Other then that, there's also rumors about Xbox One slim model but I don't that's a showstopper anyway if that's true, so I'll just say that MS is gonna have another standard E3 press.

Because Gears of War 4 is the only game they have this year that looks like it can score above a 70 on meta.

The gameplay is clunky and terrible, but as it is an Xbox game, reviewers will praise it like it were the 2nd coming of Christ.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I think we're all anticipating that actually. I'd be very surprised if the NX wasn't the most powerful by a medium to large margin.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178850 Posts

Chance? MS has the same chance to impress their demographic as Sony and Nintendo do. Will they win converts? Who knows. But everyone has a chance.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Honestly Sony is the default winner unless MS comes up with something amazing but lets all be honest here. MS could promise free pizza and mountain dew for rest of the Xbox One's life span and people would still say Sony won. Even though I'm curious to see what MS does this E3.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22379 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@suicidesn0wman said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@suicidesn0wman said:

It is SW so there can be only one, welcome to the asylum, best to join in the fun because common sense is not welcome here. And with that i'll say MS will win E3 like they did last year. I wonder if Sony will sell nothing but hopes and dreams like they did last year.

Lol yeah, and PS4 will probably keep selling regardless... everyone aboard the hype train!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

lolno, MS is going to get steamrolled over like they were last year.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I'll say MS is going to kick ass, just to piss all the cows.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56150 Posts

@notafanboy: I be surprise if Gears of War 4 doesn't get score that high as Halo 5 level so I'm not expecting much coming from Gears of War 4.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Unless they are making some kind of miraculous strides towards getting third party exclusives, they are in for probably one of their worst E3s this year.

Oh, and .. in b4 Halo 6 will save the XBone. It won't. In fact, I will even take some kind of sig bet on this. They are in such a bad position, I am 99% sure that they will cart out Halo 6 like an endzone dance on the 1 yd line.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Their E3 performance will be as impressive as DX12 running on X1.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I think Nintendo has this one, releasing the first gen 9 console.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

I'm hearing that Sony may be pushing out PS4k as a response to NX due it being significantly more powerful than than PS4 (though weaker than PS4k by a noticeable margin due to the fact that PS4k was made specifically to be more powerful than NX). So, MS will be in a lot of trouble if this is true.

XB1<<<<PS4<<<<<<<<<NX<<PS4k

PS4<<<<<<<<<<<<<PS4k

XB1<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<NX

XB1<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<PS4k

Wii U (<x99) NX

Wii U (<x119) PS4k

Figure out the rest yourself. I'm fairly confident in the truth here. Sorry, @notafanboy. More RAM and faster CPU than PS4k might be happening as well.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#47 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@aigis: actually I also think they should've kept their DRM policy

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Just want to see the new legends on fifa 17, xbox exclusive.

The hololens will steal the show again. Sony is going to be a turd again like last year.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@commander said:

Just want to see the new legends on fifa 17, xbox exclusive.

The hololens will steal the show again. Sony is going to be a turd again like last year.

No more gimmick from MS, they should use Hololens on something other than gaming, they should just announce new ip's that will be out in a year or so, and leave it to Sony to hype games that won't be out until 2018. It will be funny if Sony announce the rumoured neo at E3, because if they do ALL their in house games will get pushed back until 2020 to make PS4 & Neo versions. The Last Guardian will be pushed back until 2025 :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@techhog89 said:

I'm hearing that Sony may be pushing out PS4k as a response to NX due it being significantly more powerful than than PS4 (though weaker than PS4k by a noticeable margin due to the fact that PS4k was made specifically to be more powerful than NX). So, MS will be in a lot of trouble if this is true.

I heard the same thing. NX is actually spec'd very well.