Does MGS4's green tint bother you? (Pictures included)

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
As long as each area has a different color tint, I think we'll be alright. :P
TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#52 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts
[QUOTE="TTDog"][QUOTE="phoonbaba098"][QUOTE="TTDog"]

Its a PS3 thing, Resistance was Brown, Killzone is Grey and MGS4 is to be Green.

kool-aids

No, explain Uncharted then. MGS is known for throwing tints in the game. Mgs2 had a blue tint and 3 had a green tint. Each of the 5 locations in Mgs4 has a different tint.

Its a piss poor rip off of Gears of War and Tomb Riader which uses every colour not used in Resistance and Killzone hence having more colours on screen than even Halo can manage... there, explained.

No, it just uses a lot of colors. Please hide your fanboyism next time.

Pot... Kettle

Funny how the Sony fanboys always have a go at Halo for being too colourful but ignore Uncharted and Ratchet for going that extra mile in the same direction.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Upcoming games like MGS4, Killzone 2, and Resistance 2 just looks COD4ish. So that can either be a good thing or a bad thing.

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#54 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts
[QUOTE="TTDog"][QUOTE="phoonbaba098"][QUOTE="TTDog"]

Its a PS3 thing, Resistance was Brown, Killzone is Grey and MGS4 is to be Green.

phoonbaba098

No, explain Uncharted then. MGS is known for throwing tints in the game. Mgs2 had a blue tint and 3 had a green tint. Each of the 5 locations in Mgs4 has a different tint.

Its a piss poor rip off of Gears of War and Tomb Riader which uses every colour not used in Resistance and Killzone hence having more colours on screen than even Halo can manage... there, explained.

This is why system wars is pathetic, we were talking about colour and then you go on a fanboy rant, wow. Gears is a good game. You're a fool if you think Uncharted is a complete rip off of other games and Gears is not. RE4, camera angle, Berserker/ Garrador (blind thing with claws in RE4) ring a bell?

I wasn't the one that brought Uncharted into the discussion, I just pointed out there are a lot of games that stick to one colour (and shades of) throughout, and then enlightened a few fanboys who can justify anything they want to by ignoring things that don't go tally with their opinion.

Go figure.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#55 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
I love the look of the game, personally. Rather than a greenish tint, it has more of a shadowy, overcast desert look to me....which perfectly suits the game. I have also seen certain desert yellow hues in various screens as well. It looks great. I think it is more of it just being lighting choices for certain areas of the game....of which we have only seen a few.
sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

TTDog

Then explain Gears of War?

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

i was fine with the grey of MGS1 and 2, and the green of MGS3

so it should be the same with this

it shouldn't detract from the rest of the experience

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts
[QUOTE="Conjuredevil"]

you know what?I dont care how good/bad it looks anymore I just want to play that game.Its been too long.

NAPK1NS

Right there with you, man.

Right there with you guys.... you might want to add me....

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#59 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

the color in the screens, compared to scenes from gameplay and trailers, is not consistant. this is probably a post-processing filter that can be changed/removed by the devs, and they have been trying out different things as time went by. some pictures of the same scenes lack a greenish filter, like the promotional banners.Mordred19

Right on the money. The color tint in even the same screenshots between different websites vary sometimes.

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
I doub't you'll even notice it after the first hour of gameplay.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
There will be many scenarios, I doubt everyone will be greenish. For instance, there's a scene in a frozen island (Shadow Moses?) in a trailer that has the MGS1/2 look.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
nah, it would have if it was a bit blurry looking but mgs4 seems to be a really sharp looking game.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

[QUOTE="Mordred19"]the color in the screens, compared to scenes from gameplay and trailers, is not consistant. this is probably a post-processing filter that can be changed/removed by the devs, and they have been trying out different things as time went by. some pictures of the same scenes lack a greenish filter, like the promotional banners.fuzzysquash

Right on the money. The color tint in even the same screenshots between different websites vary sometimes.

if MGS4 had changable filter options available to the player, like Mass Effect's film-grain and motion-blur options, it would be really cool. do you want a greenish filter, a bluish filter, high-contrast, ect.

Avatar image for deactivated-6354e904ebeeb
deactivated-6354e904ebeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 deactivated-6354e904ebeeb
Member since 2004 • 1790 Posts
Well back in the day of RE4 people said stuff about its muddy brown tint but it still did fine, so I say it doesn't botter me
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
When I played thed emo at E for All that game had no tint or at least to the levels you see in those pics. I'm curious how come it shows up now, granted my demo was way incomplete and early stage, but somehow I don't know... maybe it's just the time of frame showing up or taking it? Because really, I didn't see any and the 2nd and 3rd pics in those post look exactly like the level and area I was fighting in.
Iorning_board

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Iorning_board
Member since 2005 • 1853 Posts
Nope. Looks good to me.WildTurkey00
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

It's got that Game Boy-ish green tint... I prefer a variety of colors in my games, not just the typical shooter brown or FPS grey. Green isn't that much better.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#68 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

It's the type of thing that I wouldn't care about until someone pointed it out to me (Case in point).

That being said, no, it doesn't bother me.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
one of the best art directed games.
elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

I actually think it's awesome when developers decide to use colour filters, like some movie directors do.

Just off the top off my head I can name a few games which use a colour filter; Assassin's Creed does, notice the difference in tint between Acre and Damascus/Jerusalem, look at some of the trailers for FarCry 2, it also uses one. It's not a common thing, neither is it a rarety, and I think when done effectively it helps to convey the mood & tone, or helps to stress the setting, and whole host of other things.

It doesn't bother me at all when used properly, but at times it can be irritating if it just doesn't match.

_zeldredz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 _zeldredz_
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts

TTDog

and gears is.......360.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#72 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Yes, it bothers me greatly. I mean all MGS games seem to have a tinge to them where a lot of the colours blend in or are just different shades of each other, but it's a trend I don't actually like. I guess you could call it art style, but I'd be much more fond of a vibrant and life-like colour palette than the drab colours that wash over the entire game.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
I don't think the entire game looks like that, just a particular part. If I'm not mistaken.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
It doesn't bother me in the slightest, and even if it did, this is my Game of the Year regardless.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#75 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
At least it isn't all brown, like Gears of War and other games. And thank God they don't use too much bloom.Killer_Wuggles
Brown? What the f#$k?
ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#76 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
Waiting 4 The Game
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
It's like the CSI's. They also have their own colors. MIami for example is orange.