Do you want the Wii U to succeed? [Poll Added]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

I don't want any gaming company to fail, but I hope Nintendo learns from this and builds a proper console next time (although I don't think the Wii U is as horrible as everyone says).

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17694 Posts

Hopefully, Gamers will stop saying how great (insert name of 8th generation console of choice here) is, in comparison with (insert name of rival 8th generation consoles here) after they understand that graphics differences between each console, will be less obvious over time and that the less powerfull can find a work around with better textures and tricks to accomplish the same goal as the more powerfull ones. I hope this graphic illustrates my point, in what I believe is Nintendo's idea pursuing lower specs in their console.  RJSaud
Better hardware does not just equate to how many polygons models have.  It also affects load times, A.I., physics, how large open worlds are, etc.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

no, nintendo needs to realize that they should stop giving us outdated shitty hardware, because they are to cheap and afraid to make a proper console without some useless gimmick

Sweenix

At first I was thinking 'I don't care', because it's Nintendos problem to make a product worth me buying.

But I fully agree with you. I don't mind that they have weaker hardware, but they always go too far. How the crap have they just released a console only slightly better than the current gen consoles. How expensive can it be to at least be inbetween.

It was the same with the Wii. You would have to work hard at making console hardware that shit. In fact the GPU was weaker than the Original Xbox WTF.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#204 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Of course, only an ignorant butthurt fanboy would say no.
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

Definitely! But I dun mind seeing them struggle as well. There are plenty of lessons to be learned with this console for them. They really need to reevaluate their approach in terms of hardware in the future to better entice customers and devs alike. Ninty can totally do better.

MirkoS77

Yea they can, but everything that Nintendo says gives me the indication that they believe they truly are doing the best they can.  Iwata comes out and says that consumers just "don't understand" the Wii U.  Well, yea.....not sh!t, Iwata-san.  What's to understand?  It has ancient hardware?  It has no games?  It's overpriced?  It's using yet another gimmick?  We don't understand??  No, you don't seem to understand.  Whenever he comes out of his bubble to speak, Nintendo's own little world seeps out.  I've said it before.....if we don't understand, it's because they're not making any sense.  And they're not.  It's not the consumer's fault, and I get the impression from Nintendo that, damnit, WE need to get in step behind where they're going!  Who the hell do us gamers know what we want?  They're the almighty N, the house of Mario and Zelda, and they will tell us what we want, whether we want it or not.  And if we don't want it, we simply don't understand.

Arrogance and Hubris at its finest.

But I  :lol:  at all those saying Nintendo is doomed.  I'm really not too happy towards the big N right now, but the Wii U will surely survive, this is guaranteed.  Great games will eventually release, and sales will pick-up.  It's happened with all past gens, and it will with this one as well.  I don't think it will be able to compete with Sony and MS and will be again relegated to 3rd place, but it'll live.

YhNZ8TG.gifYup! Sometimes Ninty can definitely be a bunch of hardheaded know-it-alls, who feel only they TRULY know whats best and rather not waste their time listening to what the fans think they want overall. I dun really disagree with the 3rd place prediction either -- but Ninty is the comeback kid of the gaming industry, so I try to avoid making any placement predictions when it comes to them. Hoping for the best though.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

NO!  That way Nintendo wises up and stops selling outdated hardware for higher price, actually stops going long periods with game droughts, stops all these gimmicks by trying to replace what everyone is already accustomed to, and hopefully it forces them to actually start listening to their consumers and give them what they want!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#207 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

NO!  That way Nintendo wises up and stops selling outdated hardware for higher price, actually stops going long periods with game droughts, stops all these gimmicks by trying to replace what everyone is already accustomed to, and hopefully it forces them to actually start listening to their consumers and give them what they want!

Rage010101

There's a major problem with that...

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
As of now, Most dont want the Pii U to succeed.
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Kaszilla

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

nintendoboy16

Would you share what those problems are? If nintengodno cant give consumers what they want then what are they here for?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Kaszilla

Would you share what those problems are? If nintengodno cant give consumers what they want then what are they here for?

And you say you DON'T hate Nintendo earlier. :|

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Kaszilla

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]There's a major problem with that...

nintendoboy16

And you say you DON'T hate Nintendo earlier. :|

I dont :| The 3DS is the only thing stopping me from hating them.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

nintendoboy16

Not sure what point you were trying to make.  Can you please explain instead of linking something as if we're psychic and can read your mind.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

Not sure what point you were trying to make.  Can you please explain instead of linking something as if we're psychic and can read your mind.

The link should say it all if you click on it, Nintendo's base is too damn broken for them to even listen to most complaints. They can address one, but get flank for doing it.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]There's a major problem with that...

nintendoboy16

The link should say it all if you click on it, Nintendo's base is too damn broken for them to even listen to most complaints. They can address one, but get flank for doing it.

That Link is a wall of text, I'm sorry but I'm not gonna read that.

That only reinforces and supports my claim even more.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

What, being so broken, most of your fans OFFICIALLY don't have a clue what they want? How does that reinforce your "Nintendo should listen to their fans" point? There are so few things where they actually CAN address complaints and get positive results for. Most recent example, stopping the 18+ for eShop in Europe. 

Oh and by the way, you don't have to read the whole thing. They are just there so you can read examples of broken fanbases, something every developer/publisher/franchise has.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#216 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

hopefully it forces them to actually start listening to their consumers and give them what they want!

Rage010101

If by "their consumers" you mean most people here complaining about Nintendo, I'd rather they not listen to them.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] The link should say it all if you click on it, Nintendo's base is too damn broken for them to even listen to most complaints. They can address one, but get flank for doing it.nintendoboy16

What, being so broken, most of your fans OFFICIALLY don't have a clue what they want? How does that reinforce your "Nintendo should listen to their fans" point? There are so few things where they actually CAN address complaints and get positive results for. Most recent example, stopping the 18+ for eShop in Europe. 

So your excuse is that nintendo's fan base is too broken, so they might as well not listen to them at all?  What kind of garbage logic is that? Again, only proves what I said, Nintendo doesnt wanna put the effort to listen to their consumers.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]hopefully it forces them to actually start listening to their consumers and give them what they want!

timmy00

If by "their consumers" you mean most people here complaining about Nintendo, I'd rather they not listen to them.

So they should just not bother with any consumer concerns and just keep doing what nintedo does?  Ya, that's working out for them really well huh?

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#219 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]hopefully it forces them to actually start listening to their consumers and give them what they want!

Rage010101

So they should just not bother with any consumer concerns and just keep doing what nintedo does?  Ya, that's working out for them really well huh?

Yeah the DS did well, the Wii did well, and the 3DS is doing quite well. Wii-U is not obviously but that's just one thing. They can easily turn it around. They're doing quite well for the most part. Why should Ninty change what they're doing just because a few people that probably haven't played many nintendo games in a long while are mad?

I'm fine with what they're doing so whatever. It's not like they're completely ignoring their fanbase anyways.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

So your excuse is that nintendo's fan base is too broken, so they might as well not listen to them at all?  What kind of garbage logic is that? Again, only proves what I said, Nintendo doesnt wanna put the effort to listen to their consumers.

Because it's not worth it. Nintendo fans wanted a "hardcore" console, but that backfired two months before the Wii U even released, even before the underpowered complaints.

Again, the only complaints they actually CAN resolve with no problem are something along the likes of relieving 18+ blocks and 60 hz retro games on Wii U VC/eShop.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="timmy00"]If by "their consumers" you mean most people here complaining about Nintendo, I'd rather they not listen to them.

timmy00

Yeah the DS did amazing, the Wii did amazing, and the 3DS is doing quite well. Wii-U is not obviously but that's just one thing. They can easily turn it around. They're doing quite well for the most part. Why should Ninty change what they're doing just because a few people that probably haven't played many nintendo games in a long while are mad?

I'm fine with what they're doing so whatever. It's not like they're completely ignoring their fanbase anyways.

I'm referring to potential buyers interested in Nintendo if they can meet certain requirements that most consumers would expect and want.

I think you're mixing legitimate consumers with fanboys on this forum.

I'm sorry, but are the points I've made unreasonable?  Surely what I've put forward are within the bounds of logic.  Are they not?  Unless you think it's ok for everyone to buy purely on impluse.

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
I don't wish anyone to crash and burn, I have some fond memories of Nintendo their current strategies aren't for me, but I hope they can pull off some of there first party magic with Wii U
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]What, being so broken, most of your fans OFFICIALLY don't have a clue what they want? How does that reinforce your "Nintendo should listen to their fans" point? There are so few things where they actually CAN address complaints and get positive results for. Most recent example, stopping the 18+ for eShop in Europe. 

nintendoboy16

Because it's not worth it. Nintendo fans wanted a "hardcore" console, but that backfired two months before the Wii U even released, even before the underpowered complaints.

Again, the only complaints they actually CAN resolve with no problem are something along the likes of relieving 18+ blocks and 60 hz retro games on Wii U VC/eShop.

Backfired?  Nintendo made a promise that they never even committed to.  They didn't follow through.  

It didnt backfire, Nintendo simply just didn't put any effort.  It goes back to what we already discussed, they simply didnt listen to their consumers.  Now they're losing alot of 3rd party support, just like the last 3 Nintendo gens.  They just don't learn.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

Backfired?  Nintendo made a promise that they never even committed to.  They didn't follow through.  

It didnt backfire, Nintendo simply just didn't put any effort.  It goes back to what we already discussed, they simply didnt listen to their consumers.  Now they're losing alot of 3rd party support, just like the last 3 Nintendo gens.  They just don't learn.

Oh, didn't listen did they? And that's why they went out of their way to get SEGA's Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive, which WAS a sequel fans wanted, only for minds to change on whether or not they wanted the game when the game announced? Even as far as pretty much changing their stance on wanting "hardcore" games on Nintendo systems?

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Because it's not worth it. Nintendo fans wanted a "hardcore" console, but that backfired two months before the Wii U even released, even before the underpowered complaints.

nintendoboy16

Oh, didn't listen did they? And that's why they went out of their way to get SEGA's Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive, which WAS a sequel fans wanted, only for minds to change on whether or not they wanted the game when the game announced? Even as far as pretty much changing their stance on wanting "hardcore" games on Nintendo systems?

So one game is your best excuse?  One game is enough for you guys?  Also, expect Bayonetta 2 to go multiplat eventually.  See raymen legends for reference.

crazypal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#226 crazypal
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

I been a cow for most of my gaming years but no I do not wish any system to fail. and actually I am thinking about getting a Wii U but I do not blame people who do not wanna give it a chance. I mean everything about it is so confusing. the name , the look and even the controllers , I mean can someone tell me how am I to use the controllers , which ones to buy? this thing has a remote, tablet controller and a pro controller so which one am I supposed to use?
anyways I wish the best for every manufacturers but they will have to do their homework if they want to succeed. 

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 MirkoS77

The link should say it all if you click on it, Nintendo's base is too damn broken for them to even listen to most complaints. They can address one, but get flank for doing it.nintendoboy16
Nintendo's base is too damn broken.....this defense is getting tired very quickly.  Nintendo is not a victim here, if no one supports a company, it is because that company is not offering the consumer anything they are interesting in buying, are fatigued of buying, or are managing what people want so poorly that nobody is interested.  Nintendo insists on:

1) using severely outdated tech with gimmicks at a high price point.

2) lagging behind in their online infrastructure, multiplayer features, and indie game scene and marketplace.

3) making poor business decisions such as tying accounts to hardware and bowing out of a E3 PC.

4) being very slow and hesitant on creating just a handful of new IPs, and having familiar ones be in danger of becoming stale.

5) not really investing heavily in Western dev studios.

6) not porting more games from Japan.

7) always having huge game droughts.

8) continuingly being incapable of attaining 3rd party support (which would be a lot easier to get if Nintendo would remedy the above, userbase would increase, and they'd have reason to back it).

People, playing games, apparently do not care for these things.  Gamers want the best tech, they want competitve multiplayer with all the bells and whistles, new fresh IPs, western games and Japanes games brought over. Any company that wishes to be successful NEEDS to be aware of what their audience desires and should try their best to cater to them.  That's where the money's at.  And if they're not in touch with what that userbase desires and in-turn struggles, then they need to look in the mirror and reevaluate their strategy and adapt, which Nintendo seems to be incapable or unwilling to do.  They always seem to lag behind everyone else in many areas and it's obvious many people are tiring of it and are beginning to move on and treat them like an afterthought.  And that's not their fault....it's Nintendo's.

Nintendo is not doing terribly because nobody will support them.  Nobody will support them because Nintendo is doing terribly.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I can't show my support for the tablet controller gimmick, so no.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Rage010101

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] The link should say it all if you click on it, Nintendo's base is too damn broken for them to even listen to most complaints. They can address one, but get flank for doing it.MirkoS77

Nintendo's base is too damn broken.....this defense is getting tired very quickly.  Nintendo is not a victim here, if no one supports a company, it is because that company is not offering the consumer anything they are interesting in buying, are fatigued of buying, or are managing what people want so poorly that nobody is interested.  Nintendo insists on:

2) lagging behind in their online infrastructure, multiplayer features, and indie game scene and marketplace.

3) making poor business decisions such as tying accounts to hardware and bowing out of a E3 PC.

4) being very slow and hesitant on creating just a handful of new IPs, and having familiar ones be in danger of becoming stale.

8) continuingly being incapable of attaining 3rd party support (which would be a lot easier to get if Nintendo would remedy the above, userbase would increase, and they'd have reason to back it).

People, playing games, apparently do not care for these things.  Gamers want the best tech, they want competitve multiplayer with all the bells and whistles, new fresh IPs, western games and Japanes games brought over. Any company that wishes to be successful NEEDS to be aware of what their audience desires and should try their best to cater to them.  That's where the money's at.  And if they're not in touch with what that userbase desires and in-turn struggles, then they need to look in the mirror and reevaluate their strategy and adapt, which Nintendo seems to be incapable or unwilling to do.  They always seem to lag behind everyone else in many areas and it's obvious many people are tiring of it and are beginning to move on and treat them like an afterthought.  And that's not their fault....it's Nintendo's.

Nintendo is not doing terribly because nobody will support them.  Nobody will support them because Nintendo is doing terribly.

^ This.  Pretty much some of what I already said but you said it in more detail.

Only people who disagree and try to fight what everyone else knows to be true are in all essence, fanboys.

Nintendo is not going to change unless their fan base starts acknowledging their wrongs.

Nintendo not listening to their consumers because their fanbase is broken and doesn't know what they want is the biggest copout and cheap excuses I've heard in awhile!  Seriously!

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#230 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] The link should say it all if you click on it, Nintendo's base is too damn broken for them to even listen to most complaints. They can address one, but get flank for doing it.MirkoS77

People want fresh experiences, not prettier games that play the same as last gen. Nobody is arguing that Nintendo is without fault, but the whole point of a broken fan base is that you are never going to please everyone. That's a fact of life. You're always going to alienate someone for every decision you make. As of right now, the Wii U is still the most powerful console in the market (at least until Q4 2013). Having the same old experience except prettier isn't sustainable. Tomb Raider sold 3 million and still didn't make a profit. Something has to change, and new fresh AAA IPs are not the guarantee to succeed like they used to be. The best way to get new IPs on board is to make console development cheaper so that you can still make a profit even if you sold 250k copies. Western developers won't come until they see there is an audience for their games, Japanese developers see it differently. Nintendo has its faults, and they are many. For all their faults, you should recognize and give them credit for things that do work (eShop, reaching out to indie developers, working with Atlus for SMTxFire Emblem, sourcing Smash Bros to Namco Bandai).
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#231 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Only on SW could this be a thing.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Absolutely.  More competition equals better choices for gamers.  And I loves me my Nintendo first party stuff.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Kaszilla

This x655789986546788^678
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

So one game is your best excuse?  One game is enough for you guys?  Also, expect Bayonetta 2 to go multiplat eventually.  See raymen legends for reference.

One game with an impact strong enough for criticism (and heck, there were even threats to Nintendo and Platinum) to hit all three parties.

If you expect Bayo 2 to be multiplat, well either wait for it to sell well enough for SEGA to publish an enhanced version for PS4/Infinity, or wait for SEGA to break their deal off with Nintendo and give it to another publisher (ex: Namco Bandai as they seem to be the closest to both Ninty and SEGA) as they are NOT in the position to be publishing that game, which is why they blew it off in the first place.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I hope the wii u flops maybe that will wake Nintendo up. Instead of looking at what gamers want, Nintendo says this is what we want to do. If gamers don't like what Nintendo is doing then Nintendo says gamers don't understand. No Nintendo you don't understand.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Kaszilla

I hope the wii u flops maybe that will wake Nintendo up. Instead of looking at what gamers want, Nintendo says this is what we want to do. If gamers don't like what Nintendo is doing then Nintendo says gamers don't understand. No Nintendo you don't understand.

no-scope-AK47
I think the problem is that nintengodno is run by a bunch of lame old men who dont know what non-old ppl and children want.
Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Nope, I absolutely hope it fails hard. I despise their cheap hardware approach. And if Nextbox is as underpowered as it is rumored to be I hope it fails too for being influenced by Nintendo.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#238 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

I voted yes because I never want Nintendo to fail... why? I truly believe that it may eventually be just Nintendo in the console race or possibly the physical media game. Nintendo will succeed this generation have no fear.... however, it almost guaranteed it will not reach the level of the original Wii. The longer Nintendo stayd, the longer SONY and Microsoft stay... they all need each other.... why? To stay relevant with an industry full of fools, blowhards, and tryhards that want to give consumers nothing at a premium. We the gamers have the oppurtunity now to support tese consoles and keep them relevant. Or we can all watch as casual bs sweeps across and takes out our industries.

Anyways though, it is kind of bitter sweet, because I think Nintendo can do SO MUCH more.... however, I am sure they will have enough exclusives to make me interested enough to support them pretty heavily within a year or two.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
I want Nintendo to pay for what the Wii did to gaming.Bread_or_Decide
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#240 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Of course not. :|

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Sorry I had to put that one up. But on topic, yes, I want them to succeed but, in the end, it is Nintendo's choice if they want to throw in the towel or not. And by judging on the comments here, it seems like the people here stop having fun playing games or something like that.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#242 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Yes. It sucks to see any new platform not gain any ground.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 MirkoS77

People want fresh experiences, not prettier games that play the same as last gen. Nobody is arguing that Nintendo is without fault, but the whole point of a broken fan base is that you are never going to please everyone. That's a fact of life. You're always going to alienate someone for every decision you make. As of right now, the Wii U is still the most powerful console in the market (at least until Q4 2013). Having the same old experience except prettier isn't sustainable. Tomb Raider sold 3 million and still didn't make a profit. Something has to change, and new fresh AAA IPs are not the guarantee to succeed like they used to be.

The best way to get new IPs on board is to make console development cheaper so that you can still make a profit even if you sold 250k copies. Western developers won't come until they see there is an audience for their games, Japanese developers see it differently. Nintendo has its faults, and they are many. For all their faults, you should recognize and give them credit for things that do work (eShop, reaching out to indie developers, working with Atlus for SMTxFire Emblem, sourcing Smash Bros to Namco Bandai).hiphops_savior

Why does Nintendo have a fractured fanbase and Sony or others don't?  Or do you think all do?  And yes, same old prettier is perfectly sustainable.  GeoW, Uncharted, GoW.  Especially CoD.  Hell, Mario and Zelda are proof enough of this.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#244 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I have nothing against imprroved hardware and all, though I do question if it is really so important now compared to previous gens. The graphical leap shown on the PS4 didn;t exactly wow me as much as the leap achieved with the N64/PS1 and then the GC/PS2/Xbox. Hell, on 360/PS3 level hardware we have seen the likes of Skyrim and Just Cause 2 on such systems, and those games were f*cking huge. Admittidly Skyrim had some glitches and bugs on consoles from what I've heard, on the other hand I also don't really want all games to be trying and achieving such large worlds anyways as then gaming would get incredibly redundant. In the end I would think that the Wii U's hardware is still capable of many things, and as far as graphical fidelity goes I find that to be a non-issue as I favor art-style far more, and find games like Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 to be very visually appealing.

My point is that, while I have nothing against Sony and Microsoft's approach to their next gen consoles, I also have nothing against Nintendo's approach either and actually kind of respect that they try to think outside the box/hardware power and try to think of other ways to improve or change gaming. Now if only they could implement and execute such ideas well, since while the Wii was a pretty neat idea, really only a small handful of games ever really managed to make any sort of interesting use out of the Wii-Mote. The Wii U hasn't shown much yet either, though its also much younger.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

I really like Nintendo and I dont want them to go 3rd party bcuz of their handhelds. The Wii U will surely get some great games but I just dont see the point of a last gen console releasing right before the PS4 & 720 which will be a leap above the Wii U. Will the industry hurt if the Wii U fails? I dont think so.Kaszilla

They could go 3rd party for console/pc gaming and still make hand-helds.

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#246 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

Of course I want the Wii U to succeed.  I don't want any of the big three to fail. Why anyone would baffles me. Each one brings something to gaming. Unfortunately Nintendo still has a hard time garnering 3rd party support and they still don't understand what the core gaming crowd wants. The Wii U has literally 2 titles that I would buy right now. Without games it'll continue to struggle. Nintendo has shown it can survive largely on first party titles, but for how long?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#247 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

no, nintendo needs to realize that they should stop giving us outdated shitty hardware, because they are to cheap and afraid to make a proper console without some useless gimmick

Sweenix

This. I want it to fail miserably (Nintendo has a lot of money, they won't go bankrupt or anything) so Nintendo can start making a worthwhile console next next gen.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
When wii-u is being beat out by the $599 PS3 you know something is wrong.  Nintendo really needs a system seller.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]I really like Nintendo and I dont want them to go 3rd party bcuz of their handhelds. The Wii U will surely get some great games but I just dont see the point of a last gen console releasing right before the PS4 & 720 which will be a leap above the Wii U. Will the industry hurt if the Wii U fails? I dont think so.StormyJoe

Being third party and still supporting their major hardware? What's the point then?

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]I really like Nintendo and I dont want them to go 3rd party bcuz of their handhelds. The Wii U will surely get some great games but I just dont see the point of a last gen console releasing right before the PS4 & 720 which will be a leap above the Wii U. Will the industry hurt if the Wii U fails? I dont think so.nintendoboy16

Being third party and still supporting their major hardware? What's the point then?

Because handhelds are an entirely different market?