Do you want the Wii U to succeed? [Poll Added]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

I want all systems to do well. That would be a great thing for us gamers.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I want all systems to do well. That would be a great thing for us gamers.

Maroxad
DIE BLASPHEMER!!!!! :P
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
don't care, let them rot if they can't keep up with the times
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
lol kaszilla thread agains the wii u\nintendo
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Kiddo, relax. Your go to response is "you have an opinion". Doesn't get more GED then that.

Puckhog04

*YAWN* you are boring me now.

So stop responding. 

Again though, anybody that actively wishes for a console to fail is a fanboy, not a gamer. You should hope for a console to do better and produce great games. 

If the wiiu was a huge success then it could hold back next gen multiplats and send a message to Sony and MS that people care more about gimmicks than the evolution of games.
razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts
No
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"] Pretty much this. PC/WiiU combo will be my optimal choice this gen because it gives you the most variety. I'll probably add PS4 down the road as well. I seriously doubt I'll be getting the new MS console, but only time will tell. Handheld wise, primarily the 3DS and some Vita on the side are the way to go, obviously.DRAGONPIECEZ

Considering the amount of japanese games(jrpg's, fighters, hack n slash etc.) that never made to PC or WII, I find that hard to believe. 

Well it's only my opinion but I don't really fancy JRPGs, and especially considering this past gen was a weak one for JRPGs as a whole it's not much of a point. And when you consider that the Wii had the best JRPG of the gen (and the Wii U is getting another by the same creators) and that the DS was a JRPG beast and the 3DS is on track to do that as well, I stand by that. Fighters you have a point since the Wii was weak in that area, but I stand by that as well since Wii U got Tekken so I don't see why it won't get any fighters in the future (unless this trend of 3rd parties dropping like flies continues).Hack and slash? Not too cultured on the hack and slash genre, but isn't Bayonetta considered one? Wii U is getting the sequal. Obviously to get the most variety in gaming is owning all options (hence why I did it last gen).

Best jrpg this gen? Maybe one of the best(xenoblade), but ps3 had demons' souls, dark souls, valkyria chronicles and ni nu kuni. You can continue bringing one game from each genre I mentioned in my previous post, but the fact remains wii did not see the plethora of titles other consoles did this gen. And it's looking like wii-u's 3rd party is going to be even worse.... If you're going with pc/wii-u combo because you need to play nintendo game, then that's fine, but don't pretend for a minute that you'll be getting "more variety".

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#108 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

Sheep sound like they're too good to beg, so they're getting mad instead.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Sheep sound like they're too good to beg, so they're getting mad instead.

fadersdream
Yes and it is funny.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]*YAWN* you are boring me now.Cranler

So stop responding. 

Again though, anybody that actively wishes for a console to fail is a fanboy, not a gamer. You should hope for a console to do better and produce great games. 

If the wiiu was a huge success then it could hold back next gen multiplats and send a message to Sony and MS that people care more about gimmicks than the evolution of games.

And if all anyone cared about was the evolution of games, everyone would play nothing but PC and not on static hardware. So you really can just trash tat point. I care about games. If the Wii U produces some amazing games in the future and is enormously successful then so be it. If not then whatever. But to actively hope it fails is just fanboyish.

DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DRAGONPIECEZ
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
[QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Considering the amount of japanese games(jrpg's, fighters, hack n slash etc.) that never made to PC or WII, I find that hard to believe. MFDOOM1983
Well it's only my opinion but I don't really fancy JRPGs, and especially considering this past gen was a weak one for JRPGs as a whole it's not much of a point. And when you consider that the Wii had the best JRPG of the gen (and the Wii U is getting another by the same creators) and that the DS was a JRPG beast and the 3DS is on track to do that as well, I stand by that. Fighters you have a point since the Wii was weak in that area, but I stand by that as well since Wii U got Tekken so I don't see why it won't get any fighters in the future (unless this trend of 3rd parties dropping like flies continues).Hack and slash? Not too cultured on the hack and slash genre, but isn't Bayonetta considered one? Wii U is getting the sequal. Obviously to get the most variety in gaming is owning all options (hence why I did it last gen).

Best jrpg this gen? Maybe one of the best(xenoblade), but ps3 had demons' souls, dark souls, valkyria chronicles and ni nu kuni. You can continue bringing one game from each genre I mentioned in my previous post, but the fact remains wii did not see the plethora of titles other consoles did this gen. And it's looking like wii-u's 3rd party is going to be even worse that wii. If you're going with pc/wii-u because you need to play nintendo game, then that's fine, but don't pretend for a minute that you'll getting "more variety".

I never said that the Wii didn't miss out on many games. In fact the reason I bought a PS3 and 360 was because at the start of the gen I just had a Wii and I couldn't live off of it alone.. But fact remains that many of those games that I played on my PS3/360, I could also play on my PC with better specs, more options, and cheaper prices to boot. (Also though very few, Nintendo had some pretty nice, niche 3rd party exclusives themselves that the HD twins didn't see. The trend will follow on Wii U.) So the PC covers my 3rd party options, done deal. Now when it comes to first party, I believe that Nintendo stomps the competition time and time again. That's my reasoning for my Nintendo/PC combo this gen. Like I said before, I'm most likely going to get a PS4 down the road as well, and based on others tastes I can see them choosing PS4 over Wii U if they enjoy Sony's exclusives over Nintendos. I however, do not believe that Sonys exclusives can touch Nintys. And it's also a fact that many of the HD twins' games overlap that are also featured on PC. So yes I do believe that I will get more variety with Nintendo/PC this gen. You seem to have a problem with my opinion, deal with it.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#112 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"] Well it's only my opinion but I don't really fancy JRPGs, and especially considering this past gen was a weak one for JRPGs as a whole it's not much of a point. And when you consider that the Wii had the best JRPG of the gen (and the Wii U is getting another by the same creators) and that the DS was a JRPG beast and the 3DS is on track to do that as well, I stand by that. Fighters you have a point since the Wii was weak in that area, but I stand by that as well since Wii U got Tekken so I don't see why it won't get any fighters in the future (unless this trend of 3rd parties dropping like flies continues).Hack and slash? Not too cultured on the hack and slash genre, but isn't Bayonetta considered one? Wii U is getting the sequal. Obviously to get the most variety in gaming is owning all options (hence why I did it last gen).DRAGONPIECEZ
Best jrpg this gen? Maybe one of the best(xenoblade), but ps3 had demons' souls, dark souls, valkyria chronicles and ni nu kuni. You can continue bringing one game from each genre I mentioned in my previous post, but the fact remains wii did not see the plethora of titles other consoles did this gen. And it's looking like wii-u's 3rd party is going to be even worse that wii. If you're going with pc/wii-u because you need to play nintendo game, then that's fine, but don't pretend for a minute that you'll getting "more variety".

I never said that the Wii didn't miss out on many games. In fact the reason I bought a PS3 and 360 was because at the start of the gen I just had a Wii and I couldn't live off of it alone.. But fact remains that many of those games that I played on my PS3/360, I could also play on my PC with better specs, more options, and cheaper prices to boot. (Also though very few, Nintendo had some pretty nice, niche 3rd party exclusives themselves that the HD twins didn't see. The trend will follow on Wii U.) So the PC covers my 3rd party options, done deal. Now when it comes to first party, I believe that Nintendo stomps the competition time and time again. That's my reasoning for my Nintendo/PC combo this gen. Like I said before, I'm most likely going to get a PS4 down the road as well, and based on others tastes I can see them choosing PS4 over Wii U if they enjoy Sony's exclusives over Nintendos. I however, do not believe that Sonys exclusives can touch Nintys. And it's also a fact that many of the HD twins' games overlap that are also featured on PC. So yes I do believe that I will get more variety with Nintendo/PC this gen. You seem to have a problem with my opinion, deal with it.

He did that to me maybe over a year ago just because I like two Wii versions of certain games.

DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DRAGONPIECEZ

[QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Best jrpg this gen? Maybe one of the best(xenoblade), but ps3 had demons' souls, dark souls, valkyria chronicles and ni nu kuni. You can continue bringing one game from each genre I mentioned in my previous post, but the fact remains wii did not see the plethora of titles other consoles did this gen. And it's looking like wii-u's 3rd party is going to be even worse that wii. If you're going with pc/wii-u because you need to play nintendo game, then that's fine, but don't pretend for a minute that you'll getting "more variety".nintendoboy16

He did that to me maybe over a year ago just because I like two Wii versions of certain games.

Which games? Soul Calibur?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"] I never said that the Wii didn't miss out on many games. In fact the reason I bought a PS3 and 360 was because at the start of the gen I just had a Wii and I couldn't live off of it alone.. But fact remains that many of those games that I played on my PS3/360, I could also play on my PC with better specs, more options, and cheaper prices to boot. (Also though very few, Nintendo had some pretty nice, niche 3rd party exclusives themselves that the HD twins didn't see. The trend will follow on Wii U.) So the PC covers my 3rd party options, done deal. Now when it comes to first party, I believe that Nintendo stomps the competition time and time again. That's my reasoning for my Nintendo/PC combo this gen. Like I said before, I'm most likely going to get a PS4 down the road as well, and based on others tastes I can see them choosing PS4 over Wii U if they enjoy Sony's exclusives over Nintendos. I however, do not believe that Sonys exclusives can touch Nintys. And it's also a fact that many of the HD twins' games overlap that are also featured on PC. So yes I do believe that I will get more variety with Nintendo/PC this gen. You seem to have a problem with my opinion, deal with it.DRAGONPIECEZ

Tomb Raider Anniversary and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I want Nintendo to pay for what the Wii did to gaming.Bread_or_Decide

See I don't get that.  I thoroughly enjoyed my Wii and the games I have for it.  I thought the big first party franchises were some of, if not the best in the entire series.  And you know what, for games like Metroid, Mario Galaxy and Zelda, motion controls were phenonmenal and I'm going to have a hard time going back. That's the truth for me.

As per the topic, anyone wanting the longest member of the console race to fail and leave probably wasn't old enough to play a Super Nintendo yet they request that Nintendo "return to that era."  Nintendo makes great games.  Period.  Their console is relatively expensive but that's because you get the gamepad which I'm sure is not cheap.

It's just idiotic that people would want Nintendo to fail.  So what? You can play a butchered version of Super Mario NES on your ipad?  No thanks.

DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DRAGONPIECEZ
[QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]He did that to me maybe over a year ago just because I like two Wii versions of certain games.nintendoboy16

I've never tried them on the Wii so I can't comment, but if you liked them then that's all that matters. Personally last gen I preferred most multiplat games on other consoles, but there have been a few Wii versions of games that I legitimately enjoyed more than their HD twins counterparts, so I see where you're coming from.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"] True, I'm pretty content with the current gen right now. I still have a bunch of back logged PS3 games and some Wii ones to finish and am in no hurry upgrading my PC. If there's one thing you can safely bet on though, it's that Wii U will have top-tier quality first party titles. So a Wii U is a must buy if you're a Nintendo fan (if not now then sometime down the road).DRAGONPIECEZ

Yeah, I'm certainly gonna pick one up. As of now I wanna play NSMBU, Nintendo Land and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate so by next year when I'm more prepared to get one I know they'll be enough for me to drop a few bones. Still have soooo many Wii and PS3 games to  play in the mean time too.

Nintendo Land is a blast with friends and NSMBU is classic side-scrolling Mario fun (can't wait for the Luigi expansion). I have Monster Hunter for Wii but stopped before I scratched the surface for some reason. :/ it's a shame because I really wanted to love that game too but just couldn't get into it. Maybe one day I'll try and go back and tackle it.

I put roughly 400 hours into Tri. I'm ready for more, unfortunately, money is tight with school (10k tutition is nuts) so I have to wait another year but I'm mighty pumped.

DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DRAGONPIECEZ

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]I want Nintendo to pay for what the Wii did to gaming.sonic_spark

See I don't get that.  I thoroughly enjoyed my Wii and the games I have for it.  I thought the big first party franchises were some of, if not the best in the entire series.  And you know what, for games like Metroid, Mario Galaxy and Zelda, motion controls were phenonmenal and I'm going to have a hard time going back. That's the truth for me.

As per the topic, anyone wanting the longest member of the console race to fail and leave probably wasn't old enough to play a Super Nintendo yet they request that Nintendo "return to that era."  Nintendo makes great games.  Period.  Their console is relatively expensive but that's because you get the gamepad which I'm sure is not cheap.

It's just idiotic that people would want Nintendo to fail.  So what? You can play a butchered version of Super Mario NES on your ipad?  No thanks.

100% agree with you. I also like to think that these people who are so passionate about hating Nintendo (or any game company in general) aren't as pathetic as they portray themselves to be and they are just trolling. @acticedge: are the Wii U and 3DS game remakes of the Wii one?
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

So stop responding. 

Puckhog04

And if all anyone cared about was the evolution of games, everyone would play nothing but PC and not on static hardware. So you really can just trash tat point. I care about games. If the Wii U produces some amazing games in the future and is enormously successful then so be it. If not then whatever. But to actively hope it fails is just fanboyish.

I don't really agree with the idea that MS and Sony would just say screw it to tech since its worked so well with them even with what the Wii did. On the other hand, you can want games to evolve and not desire to have your own personal computer to do it either.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#120 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]He did that to me maybe over a year ago just because I like two Wii versions of certain games.

nintendoboy16

How's Anniversary on the Wii?

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
They should announce a new console on par or better than the 720 and PS4 fast or at E3. The Wii U doesn't have any wow factor for me and I don't think it'll ever do.
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#122 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

No, i don't want any weak system sold at a premium that relies on a useless controller gimmick to succeed, nevaaaar.silversix_

It's sold at a loss and it's (for the next 6 months at least) the most powerful console on the market. And the controller is fantastic, have you even used it?

They should announce a new console on par or better than the 720 and PS4 fast or at E3. The Wii U doesn't have any wow factor for me and I don't think it'll ever do.gago-gago

It's like you want them to go full Sega.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"] Which games? Soul Calibur?Michael0134567

No reason to pick it up if you have it on other systems, but for me, it's still a great remake of the original (which I have never played and due to me starting the TR franchise late, I have no plans too) despite some of it's flaws.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#124 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Tomb Raider Anniversary and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II.nintendoboy16

No reason to pick it up if you have it on other systems, but for me, it's still a great remake of the original (which I have never played and due to me starting toe TR franchise late, I have no plans too) despite some of it's flaws.

I already got it on the PS2, but I wouldn't mind double dipping. The new minigames are a big draw.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I want it to fail.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Nintendo's got next gen on lock down so yes :cool:

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#127 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

Why would anyone want it to fail?

jimkabrhel

I've never gotten a good answer from the fanboys to this question.

and they'll probably never give you a good answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#128 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
I really like Nintendo and I dont want them to go 3rd party bcuz of their handhelds. The Wii U will surely get some great games but I just dont see the point of a last gen console releasing right before the PS4 & 720 which will be a leap above the Wii U. Will the industry hurt if the Wii U fails? I dont think so.Kaszilla
No, i don't want any weak system sold at a premium that relies on a useless controller gimmick to succeed, nevaaaar.silversix_

no, nintendo needs to realize that they should stop giving us outdated shitty hardware, because they are to cheap and afraid to make a proper console without some useless gimmick

Sweenix
You all disgust me. Why would any gamer want any major gaming entity to fail?
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 fadersdream

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]I want Nintendo to pay for what the Wii did to gaming.sonic_spark

I feel the opposite. Those defending Nintendo probably weren't around in the beginning, after NES and SNES; N64 having $80 dollar cartridges, no third party, weird controller. GC strange library, weird controller no third party. Wii same problems but escalated... WiiU same problems but escalated and full of empty promises. I've scratched my head with Nintendo for too long. I've been around since the very beginning and realize that Nintendo is totally Moribund (look it up) at this point.
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts

[QUOTE="AD216"]

the more succeeding consoles we have, the better off we all are. this means pricing would be more competitive and games would be more diverse.

N30F3N1X

How so? When the PS1 and PS2 pwned the crap out of the rest of the competitors the games were brilliant.

every console was successful so what are u talking about? there were great options from sega and nintendo and later microsoft.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]I want Nintendo to pay for what the Wii did to gaming.fadersdream

I feel the opposite. Those defending Nintendo probably weren't around in the beginning, after NES and SNES; N64 having $80 dollar cartridges, no third party, weird controller. GC strange library, weird controller no third party. Wii same problems but escalated... WiiU same problems but escalated and full of empty promises. I've scratched my head with Nintendo for too long. I've been around since the very beginning and realize that Nintendo is totally Moribund (look it up) at this point.

You're both wrong and just using your personal experience to define everyone. You both should just let people speak for themselves instead of discrediting everyone who is on the opposite side of what you think is right. This is about whether "you" want the WiiU to succeed, not anything else.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts
[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="AD216"] But the Wii U's pricing is ridiculously high considering the console's poor hardware.

nintendo made some critical errors with the wii u but there is still plenty of time to right the ship. i believe they'll drop the price significantly when the ps4/durango infinity x comes out and the games will be there. they need a traditional controller in the worst way though

The pro controller isn't?

no. that thing looks terrible

BlaveBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 BlaveBrave
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts

Why would anyone want a console to fail?

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 fadersdream
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Kaszilla"]

no, nintendo needs to realize that they should stop giving us outdated shitty hardware, because they are to cheap and afraid to make a proper console without some useless gimmick

Sweenix

Because it gluts the marketplace and repels a large community with shovel ware and poorly made ports. It justifies bad practices that hurt a HOBBY that I truly love. And for all the other valid reasons that have been listed already in this thread that you are choosing to disregard or ignore out your own fanboy loyalties.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Yea, of course. I want all system to do well and get great games. If you actually want the wiiU or any console to fail, you have mental problems
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 fadersdream

[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

ActicEdge

You're both wrong and just using your personal experience to define everyone. You both should just let people speak for themselves instead of discrediting everyone who is on the opposite side of what you think is right. This is about whether "you" want the WiiU to succeed, not anything else.

You may be right, but you're not any different, so what exactly is your point? That no one should comment on a public forum?
Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts
If you sheep want it to do good so badly maybe you should try [spoiler] buying one [/spoiler]
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="fadersdream"] I feel the opposite. Those defending Nintendo probably weren't around in the beginning, after NES and SNES; N64 having $80 dollar cartridges, no third party, weird controller. GC strange library, weird controller no third party. Wii same problems but escalated... WiiU same problems but escalated and full of empty promises. I've scratched my head with Nintendo for too long. I've been around since the very beginning and realize that Nintendo is totally Moribund (look it up) at this point.fadersdream

You may be right, but you're not any different, so what exactly is your point? That no one should comment on a public forum?

Uh no, my point is sweeping generallizations like "if you were there during the NES era" or "Nintendo makes great games. PERIOD", is contradictroy to letting people actually make points. Its just you forcing your authority to make a point. I may do this in threads but not when the thread is asking people to give their own personal thoughts about what "they" want which is my point :|

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Why would anyone want a console to fail?

BlaveBrave

Because most people on here suck. 

critorkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#140 critorkong
Member since 2013 • 53 Posts

"Of course not. There's something about Nintendo that just makes me angry. The E-rated games, the useless contoller that serves no purpose whatsoever.
What makes them think that gamers don't need super-uber graphics to be satisfied with their games?
I'm glad the third party dev's are boycotting the WiiU because the sooner that gimmick-ridden repackaged 360 is completely destroyed, the sooner I can get a full night's sleep again.":roll:
LOL

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Kaszilla"] [QUOTE="Sweenix"]

fadersdream

Because it gluts the marketplace and repels a large community with shovel ware and poorly made ports. It justifies bad practices that hurt a HOBBY that I truly love. And for all the other valid reasons that have been listed already in this thread that you are choosing to disregard or ignore out your own fanboy loyalties.

I think you're confusing the  Wii and the Wii U. Just saying.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

If you sheep want it to do good so badly maybe you should try [spoiler] buying one [/spoiler] ShoulderOfOrion

RJSaud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 RJSaud
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I think Nintendo will be fine, and do better than what people expected it, "again", just like it did with the Wii. (I'm one that never thought possible the wii to end up selling like it did, It's doesn't matter the reasons, they sell a lot, end of discussion) The reason for my assumption that they might repeat history is because I'm a Wii U owner, and anyone who owns one, knows it's a pretty decent console that can easily get many hours of great fun from. It's obvious it won't be the best hardware wise compared to the other two consoles, but it sure has more than enough power to handle Nintendo's games in a level never experienced before, just like nintendo want it to be, strong ENOUGH. After reading lots of forums about the WII U's future, I can bet that Nintendo might even end up being the winner of the 8th generation. (I know it's a long shot but it might) Everybody hates the idea of Nintendo not being on par with the other consoles, but most of them also states they like nintendo's 1st party games so much that they plan on buying a nintendo console AS their 2nd system. Many so called hardcore gamers have the soft spot for nintendo games, and will buy the console after the games become available, (because they will become available eventually), and the price cut, (maybe 1 year ahead from now). so taking that in consideration, let's say that 35% of all PS4 and Xbox owners end up buying a WIl U for their nintendo games fix, and have their OTHER console for their multiplats. The Final Numbers will be that Nintendo will have the biggest user base once again. (35% of PS4, 35% of Xbox and 100% of all casuals, soccer moms, children, and nintendo fans) On the other hand, and here's the reason why I'm kind of pissed off with Nintendo. They (the Big N) are the ones, that had the best position of all 3 big companies, they have the great 1st party games, and the chance of making a new console for the new generation. why didn't you make the hardware strong enough to have the multiplats too?, why would I have to buy another console just to get the multiplats? The have 3 different controlers for their system at the moment, The wii motion, the pro controller an the gamepad, all kind of games can be desing for different experiences, if just the hardware were stronger. I could have all my needs covered on a single console. Hopefully I made my idea come across, English is a second language for me. If you didn't understand me, maybe we can discussed it in spanish over a couple of beers! remember that at the end, that the best interaction of all.. the real one!
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ActicEdge

I thimk you're confusing the  Wii and tbe Wii U. Just saying.

Puckhog04

Forgetting all of that, as a gamer, the existance of shovelware is not something I ever thought would be such a big deal given that you're never going to buy it  :?  

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

I thimk you're confusing the  Wii and tbe Wii U. Just saying.

ActicEdge

Forgetting all of that, as a gamer, the existance of shovelware is not something I ever thought would be such a big deal given that you're never going to buy it  :?  

It really isn't. I don't understand why everyone keeps bringing it up. Just don't buy it.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"] Well it's only my opinion but I don't really fancy JRPGs, and especially considering this past gen was a weak one for JRPGs as a whole it's not much of a point. And when you consider that the Wii had the best JRPG of the gen (and the Wii U is getting another by the same creators) and that the DS was a JRPG beast and the 3DS is on track to do that as well, I stand by that. Fighters you have a point since the Wii was weak in that area, but I stand by that as well since Wii U got Tekken so I don't see why it won't get any fighters in the future (unless this trend of 3rd parties dropping like flies continues).Hack and slash? Not too cultured on the hack and slash genre, but isn't Bayonetta considered one? Wii U is getting the sequal. Obviously to get the most variety in gaming is owning all options (hence why I did it last gen).DRAGONPIECEZ

I already responded to this in my first post... "Considering the amount of japanese games(jrpg's, fighters, hack n slash etc.) that never made it to PC or WII, I find that hard to believe."

"because it gives you the most variety" That doesn't sound like an opinion....

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 fadersdream

[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

Uh no, my point is sweeping generallizations like "if you were there during the NES era" or "Nintendo makes great games. PERIOD", is contradictroy to letting people actually make points. Its just you forcing your authority to make a point. I may do this in threads but not when the thread is asking people to give their own personal thoughts about what "they" want which is my point :|

Bit of a topic-nazi at this point aren't you? Reality is you're a nintendo fan, and you don't seem to have a valid argument to respond with. These are our points of view, contradicting as they may be they fit the super-structure of the topic just fine. You're lost on the fact that our opinions are based on the companys history as well as it's games. I'm not willing to disregard my years of experience because a handheld gamer is trying to preserve a failing console with no arguments to defend his position except to invalidate the opinions of others.
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 fadersdream

[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] You all disgust me. Why would any gamer want any major gaming entity to fail? Puckhog04

I think you're confusing the  Wii and the Wii U. Just saying.

Shovelware and poorly made ports seem to be the stock and trade of both systems. Don't see that changing anytime soon either.

Also:

Wii repelled gamers for non-gamers while WiiU repelled those non-gamers for gamers... and has failed.

WiiU gluts the marketplace by giving a false sense of what current gen is while the Wii did that as well.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="fadersdream"] You may be right, but you're not any different, so what exactly is your point? That no one should comment on a public forum?fadersdream

Bit of a topic-nazi at this point aren't you? Reality is you're a nintendo fan, and you don't seem to have a valid argument to respond with. These are our points of view, contradicting as they may be they fit the super-structure of the topic just fine. You're lost on the fact that our opinions are based on the companys history as well as it's games. I'm not willing to disregard my years of experience because a handheld gamer is trying to preserve a failing console with no arguments to defend his position except to invalidate the opinions of others.

Yes I'm a nintendo fan, and yes, I already said I'd like to see it do well simply for providing a different 3rd option. I however am not entertaining stupidity like the mjority of this thread which is why I called "both" of you out. And lol, your opinion is based on your experience with nintendo, fine, its still hyperbole filled none sense. An opinion is fine, it gains more credibility when you don't victimize yourself however.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 fadersdream

[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

Yes I'm a nintendo fan, and yes, I already said I'd like to see it do well simply for providing a different 3rd option. I however am not entertaining stupidity like the mjority of this thread which is why I called "both" of you out. And lol, your opinion is based on your experience with nintendo, fine, its still hyperbole filled none sense. 

You're obviously a Nintendo fan, and if you feel we're exaggerating who cares? At least we're giving reasons. You can't exactly call anyone out if you have nothing to contribute. Reality is this, Nintendo fans have a strong handheld and a weak console. You're more afraid that the investment you've made will be a waste then anything else. You've bought the system but what happens if it folds up or never produces anything other than promises? BTW if our opinion is based on EXPERIENCE than it's unlikely that it's nonsense.