Do you think the Switch will get most multiplats now that it's successful?

• 65 results
mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Let us really hope not. I just want alot of indies on Switch. (They are doing amazing with that so far). I use my PC/Ps4 pro for demanding multiplats anyway. Switch is the best indie platform ever. (It is replacing steam for me in a lot of ways. I sure did not see that coming)

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

No, it has many issues.

No, you're the issue

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#53  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts
@luxuryheart said:

No. Let me tell you why...

Most of those AAA multiplats don't sell well on Nintendo consoles. Most Nintendo fans buy Nintendo games. If they do by a non-Nintendo game, they like a certain type of 3rd party game: Just Dance, a game with a Nintendo skin (Hyrule Warriors, Pokken, etc), Sonic, Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, etc.

That only applies to the core Nintendo fanbase. The Switch has a wider userbase beyond the core Nintendo fans. And being able to conveniently play AAA multiplats both indoors and outdoors is one reason why they'd sell on the Switch.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1858 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@luxuryheart said:

Most of those AAA multiplats don't sell well on Nintendo consoles. Most Nintendo fans buy Nintendo games. If they do by a non-Nintendo game, they like a certain type of 3rd party game: Just Dance, a game with a Nintendo skin (Hyrule Warriors, Pokken, etc), Sonic, Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, etc.

That only applies to the core Nintendo fanbase. The Switch has a wider userbase beyond the core Nintendo fans. And being able to conveniently play AAA multiplats both indoors and outdoors is one reason why they'd sell on the Switch.

Most casual buyers of Nintendo consoles aren't checking for those AAA multiplats like that. The games they were willing to buy were Just Dance for parties, Guitar Hero, EA Sports Active, and a Disney game. The only hardcore games they would buy were Resident Evil and Monster Hunters. The best selling game, of the ones I listed, was Just Dance.

The most popular AAA multiplat was Resident Evil at 2 million on the Wii and that's if you consider Resident Evil a triple A game. If not then the next triple A game was Call of Duty: World at War with a bit over a million sold. Most casual fans, and the ones who buy Nintendo consoles, are not checking for those games as much as y'all seem to think they are. I've already clocked someone on this before.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#55  Edited By Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:
@stuff238 said:

No for many reasons:

1. Online sucks on switch. That means NO shooters(cod/BF/destiny/star wars etc) or games like gta/rdr. Sports games.

2. Carts cost more. They cost like $10 vs a 4 cent blu ray disc.

3. Nintendo has policies in place that are very anti 3rd party. Sony/MS have easier policies to work with.

4. Lack of space on switch. 32GB is a joke when most Multiplats are pushing 50+ GB.

5. Since online sucks, they won’t be able to patch games as easily.

6. Weak hardware. PS4/Xbone Version take priority. It is much harder to downgrade games than it is to upgrade. This creates massive headaches and adds costs.

7. Nintendo fanboys don’t buy 3rd party games. There is no market for them on Nintendo’s system. They only want Nintendo’s games or weird Japanese kiddy games like “Zack and wiki”.

8. Nintendo’s lack of store. Not being able to push DLC and such. 3rd parties want money.

Haha! Nearly everything in this post is blatantly wrong.

Did you type this bullshit with a straight face or did you have trouble holding your laugh?

I am curious what you think is wrong. You added nothing to this topic and you just stated it was wrong. Next time post what and how they are wrong.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jag85

@luxuryheart said:
@Jag85 said:
@luxuryheart said:

Most casual buyers of Nintendo consoles aren't checking for those AAA multiplats like that. The games they were willing to buy were Just Dance for parties, Guitar Hero, EA Sports Active, and a Disney game. The only hardcore games they would buy were Resident Evil and Monster Hunters. The best selling game, of the ones I listed, was Just Dance.

The most popular AAA multiplat was Resident Evil at 2 million on the Wii and that's if you consider Resident Evil a triple A game. If not then the next triple A game was Call of Duty: World at War with a bit over a million sold. Most casual fans, and the ones who buy Nintendo consoles, are not checking for those games as much as y'all seem to think they are. I've already clocked someone on this before.

That's assuming the masses who brought the Wii are the same lot buying the Switch. But that doesn't seem to be the case. The Wii was a console catered towards casuals, whereas the Switch is a console catered towards core gamers. The Wii's killer app was Wii Sports, which set the tone for the kinds of games it would get, whereas the Switch's killer app was Zelda BOTW, which has set the tone for the kinds of games the Switch would get. Wii-Sports-like titles such as 1-2 Switch and Arms didn't sell anywhere near as well as core games such as Zelda BOTW, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey. Those are the kinds of AAA gaming experiences that Switch players are looking for.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

lol Switch competing against PC and PS 4 HeHe

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LuxuryHeart

@Jag85 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Jag85 said:
@luxuryheart said:

That's assuming the masses who brought the Wii are the same lot buying the Switch. But that doesn't seem to be the case. The Wii was a console catered towards casuals, whereas the Switch is a console catered towards core gamers. The Wii's killer app was Wii Sports, which set the tone for the kinds of games it would get, whereas the Switch's killer app was Zelda BOTW, which has set the tone for the kinds of games the Switch would get. Wii-Sports-like titles such as 1-2 Switch and Arms didn't sell anywhere near as well as core games such as Zelda BOTW, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey. Those are the kinds of AAA gaming experiences that Switch players are looking for.

Thing is, those are core Nintendo fans playing those games. Core Nintendo fans don't really care about AAA games like that. The only ones I can see them playing are Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, and MAYBE Just Dance (I doubt that those since it was the casual tag along buyers who bought it on the Wii).

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@luxuryheart: you do realize that big AAA games like CoD or Assassin’s Creed and the like are the MOST casual games out there right? Their very sales prove that the “casual” gamer is more likely to purchase these very popular games.

A major percentage of PS4’s 70 million userbase are casuals that have no clue what Steamworld Dig 2 or Thumper are.

On topic though, I think the Switch will get many, but not most. EA has shown no interest, but Bethesda has shown that even with graphically intensive Switch ports are a possibility.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#60 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Indie games yes, which is awesome, but not demanding games like Red Dead Redemption 2, Cyberpunk 2077, etc...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jag85

@luxuryheart said:
@Jag85 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Jag85 said:

Thing is, those are core Nintendo fans playing those games. Core Nintendo fans don't really care about AAA games like that. The only ones I can see them playing are Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, and MAYBE Just Dance (I doubt that those since it was the casual tag along buyers who bought it on the Wii).

The Wii U was a console targeted towards core Nintendo fans, whereas the Switch is a console targeted towards a wider audience. By which I don't mean the Wii's casual audience, but the kind of gamer audience that might also own a PlayStation, Xbox or PC. The sales of the Switch would indicate that it's drawing gamers from outside of Nintendo's traditional core fanbase. And the best-selling games among the Switch's wider audience are not casual-friendly games like 1-2 Switch or Arms, but the more hardcore games like Zelda BOTW, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey. Many BOTW fans would also be interested in other open-world games, while many Splatoon fans would also be interested in other online shooters, for example.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Honestly..... just give me loads of solid Indies games and I'll be happy.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LuxuryHeart

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@luxuryheart: you do realize that big AAA games like CoD or Assassin’s Creed and the like are the MOST casual games out there right? Their very sales prove that the “casual” gamer is more likely to purchase these very popular games.

A major percentage of PS4’s 70 million userbase are casuals that have no clue what Steamworld Dig 2 or Thumper are.

On topic though, I think the Switch will get many, but not most. EA has shown no interest, but Bethesda has shown that even with graphically intensive Switch ports are a possibility.

They don't sell on Nintendo consoles though! That's what I mean by buyers of Nintendo consoles. Most of them aren't checking for them like that.

I can see CoD selling decently (like a million if the console does super well), though I don't see Assassin's Creed selling like that. Assassin Creed doesn't sell as much as y'all think.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LuxuryHeart

@Jag85 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Jag85 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Jag85 said:

The Wii U was a console targeted towards core Nintendo fans, whereas the Switch is a console targeted towards a wider audience. By which I don't mean the Wii's casual audience, but the kind of gamer audience that might also own a PlayStation, Xbox or PC. The sales of the Switch would indicate that it's drawing gamers from outside of Nintendo's traditional core fanbase. And the best-selling games among the Switch's wider audience are not casual-friendly games like 1-2 Switch or Arms, but the more hardcore games like Zelda BOTW, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey. Many BOTW fans would also be interested in other open-world games, while many Splatoon fans would also be interested in other online shooters, for example.

I knew 1-2 Switch wouldn't sell to casuals since I don't see those games at parties or even for exercise. They're just wacky games. Arms would probably do better if it had a more simplistic playing style. It might also do better if they bundle it and more casuals buy it.

Though I don't get why they keep going after that Playstation and Xbox hardcore gamer. Hardcore gamers are on the decline.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Nope. Nor do I think Nintendo really cares about that.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

Multiplats, as in watered-down ones from the other consoles? Sure that sounds like a good plan given what hardware the Switch has. Look on how the original Wii faired with that. I'm not counting on it.