Do you think the PS4 will sell 40 million by 2016?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

In 2014, in November and December, the Xbox One for 2 months bested the PS4 in the U.S., but one thing that many ignore is that those two months grew the sales gap between the U.S. and Europe and Asia for the PS4. Despite the Xbox one selling around possibly 3 million world wide with the vast majority in the U.S., the PS4 sold 4.1 million WW according to Sony PR. The vast majority of this was not in the U.S.

From January till February with the announcement of 20 million, the PS4 sold another 1.3 millionEU/AS and has already started this new year faster than last year. At the current trend, by September the PS4 may very well be at around 27 million.

So now you're thinking how I am getting to 40 million? Look at the holiday season. I expect this holiday season, with a WW price drop, to be stronger than last holiday season. That would mean Outside of the U.S. possibly double the holiday numbers, around 8 million or more. That would put us at 36-37 million. This is due to the growth of smaller markets and the growth in larger markets combined with a price cut.

That is not including October, which would probably start the holidays rolling with another 1 million plus consoles sold ww.

The only possible thing that could go wrong with reaching 40 million depends how much impact NA will still have by the end of 2015. I expect a price drop for all 3 consoles (Xbox One, PS4, and PS3/360) which will increase sales by a large percentage. However in NA, the Xbox One, and if there aren't any delays, the Wii U, will have a game advantage in that period. Which may cut how much sales momentum the PS4 can grab, but If the PS4 still manages 2 million units during the holidays (which is very strong) it can still reach 40 million or over.

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GabensHerald
Member since 2015 • 171 Posts

It's garbage. Once the casuals get it out of their system they don't need COD anymore, it will bottom out at 30 million once they go back to playing on their phones.

Extrodinare101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Extrodinare101
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

There was a time where I would of thought that an abysmal year for Sony would of halted or at least slowed down the sales of the PS4. I've been proven wrong. Even if Sony has an abysmal 2016 (hopefully not because I'm still looking for justification to buy one) it'll most likely still sell.

As for 40 million? Sure, they'll probably break 30 this year.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

It'll probably be between 35-40 million by 2016.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Yep, price drop will help

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

By the end of 2016 sure, especially if they can get something like a Gran Turismo out that sells crazy units.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Hope not. Shit consoles with shit games. Why is it selling so much again?

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Captainqwark10

@gabensherald said:

It's garbage. Once the casuals get it out of their system they don't need COD anymore, it will bottom out at 30 million once they go back to playing on their phones.

If there were that many casuals on the PS4, then it wouldn't be rapidly trailing behind the Wii. But I do think that it may start slowing depending on how VR does.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Captainqwark10

@hoosier7 said:

By the end of 2016 sure, especially if they can get something like a Gran Turismo out that sells crazy units.

Talking by the end of 2015 not 2017.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10  Edited By polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@Juub1990: word of mouth, misinformation, general higher res and better graphics than the one. Failure of xone launch still effects Purchasing decisions of the average consumer.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I'd guess about 33 million to consumers That would come along with these guesses though -

• Xbone drops to $299 in June
  • PS4 drops to $299 in August
  • PS4 does just ok in China - (not good)
  • Final Fantasy XV doesn't release in Japan/Asia this year.
  • Halo 5 and Tomb Raider make it this year
  • Wii-U remains irrelevant
GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GabensHerald

@Captainqwark10 said:

@gabensherald said:

If there were that many casuals on the PS4, then it wouldn't be rapidly trailing behind the Wii. But I do think that it may start slowing depending on how VR does.

PS4 has 720P VR on a console that can barely hold 30FPS. It's the next Kinect as in "Peripheral clogging up Gamestop pre-owned sections".

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

hopefully people see what a piece of crap it really is.

but judging by the worlds intelligence...yup 40million easy haha.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Of course! Because we all know cows are idiots.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Hahahaha the butthurt and tears on this thread is basically outstanding..hahahaa

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts
@gabensherald said:

Not that I agree with exactly what you're saying, but I do believe the PlayStation 4 sales are a bubble, and we all know what happens with those. I don't see it selling more than 28 million units by the end of 2015, what I do see happening though is Microsoft catching up, revealing real sales data and then surpassing Sony. As of right now and especially with the delay of Uncharted 4, Microsoft is going to have a much better year game wise than Sony, much better, plus what they still have not shown at E3. Then to top this off all of the integration with Windows 10 will be happening, DirectX 12 etc. Microsoft has a lot of exciting things to offer people this year, a lot, and consumers are not overlooking it.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

it could if everything goes fine.

Like no hacks and updates that rick systems. If it gets good games and games are exciting/creating hype.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tormentos

@nyadc said:
@gabensherald said:

Not that I agree with exactly what you're saying, but I do believe the PlayStation 4 sales are a bubble, and we all know what happens with those. I don't see it selling more than 28 million units by the end of 2015, what I do see happening though is Microsoft catching up, revealing real sales data and then surpassing Sony. As of right now and especially with the delay of Uncharted 4, Microsoft is going to have a much better year game wise than Sony, much better, plus what they still have not shown at E3. Then to top this off all of the integration with Windows 10 will be happening, DirectX 12 etc. Microsoft has a lot of exciting things to offer people this year, a lot, and consumers are not overlooking it.

Bookmarked for future fun making...lol

So let me get this right,you think the Ps4 which is selling like there is no tomorrow,will not sell more than 28million units by the end of 2015.But some how you see the xbox one which is been outsold even with a cheaper price and 2 free games will catch up with sony.?

Talking about delusional...

Damn...

So can you articulate exactly how MS will catch up with sony,when the xbox one is losing every market and outside US is completely doom.?

I hope is not the they will get US back and some how make the gap from,because last gen with US and UK they still loss to sony world wide several years.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@tormentos said:

@nyadc said:
@gabensherald said:

Bookmarked for future fun making...lol

So let me get this right,you think the Ps4 which is selling like there is no tomorrow,will not sell more than 28million units by the end of 2015.But some how you see the xbox one which is been outsold even with a cheaper price and 2 free games will catch up with sony.?

Talking about delusional...

Damn...

So can you articulate exactly how MS will catch up with sony,when the xbox one is losing every market and outside US is completely doom.?

I hope is not the they will get US back and some how make the gap from,because last gen with US and UK they still loss to sony world wide several years.

Just because I hold a different view and see the future playing out differently than you does not make me delusional. That is the point of a bubble, it expands rapidly and then pops, that is what I see happening with the PlayStation 4. With Uncharted 4 vanishing from the 2015 roster the already dismal PlayStation 4 lineup just got even more so, while Microsoft's lineup looks very strong plus the W10/DX12 integration like I also already previously mentioned.

Microsoft is ambitious this generation, they're trying and doing a lot of things and people are noticing it, Sony just seems like they're simply floating in limbo piggybacking on the sales of their consoles which is much attributed to the Xbox One's initial stumbles rather than any feat of its own, than actually delivering anything to make people want their system. I've said this before and I will continue to as long as it's happening, they seem vacant, their updates are generally meaningless and spaced so far apart that it sometimes feel like they've abandoned developing the consoles ecosystem.

They can only succeed so much until people get sick of the lack of the return they are getting on their investment, it's already happening, the wheels have been in motion for quite a while now.

z471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#20 z471
Member since 2015 • 33 Posts

Yes, it will. With the rate of consoles it's selling, no doubt.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Yes it will ... IF not it will be near 40 million easily.

A price cut / bundles with Bloodborne/UC4/MGS5 will easily boost sales .

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I raise it to 50m.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

@nyadc said:

Tigersuperman has some competition for the title of Pachter of System Wars.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tormentos

@nyadc said:

Just because I hold a different view and see the future playing out differently than you does not make me delusional. That is the point of a bubble, it expands rapidly and then pops, that is what I see happening with the PlayStation 4. With Uncharted 4 vanishing from the 2015 roster the already dismal PlayStation 4 lineup just got even more so, while Microsoft's lineup looks very strong plus the W10/DX12 integration like I also already previously mentioned.

Microsoft is ambitious this generation, they're trying and doing a lot of things and people are noticing it, Sony just seems like they're simply floating in limbo piggybacking on the sales of their consoles which is much attributed to the Xbox One's initial stumbles rather than any feat of its own, than actually delivering anything to make people want their system. I've said this before and I will continue to as long as it's happening, they seem vacant, their updates are generally meaningless and spaced so far apart that it sometimes feel like they've abandoned developing the consoles ecosystem.

They can only succeed so much until people get sick of the lack of the return they are getting on their investment, it's already happening, the wheels have been in motion for quite a while now.

Oh really can you show me an example of this.? The wii started like fire and won the generation.

The PS1 and PS2 did the same the xbox 360 never started selling like crazy,so the examples are quite off,last console of sony that sold like the PS4 went to sell 156 million units.

Yeah because Uncharted was the only game sony had for PS4 on 2015,there are like 15 more i already make a post on another thread shooting that notion down,games likes Rime,The tomorrow children,Ratchet and clank and many others still are coming.

windows 10/DX12 have no influence what so ever on the console market,and people will not buy an xbox one because Dx12 is hitting or windows 10.

Ambition isn't everything if people don't want your product you have a problem and that certainly is the case vs the PS4 and is not going to change,in fact the xbox one has nothing but an indie game for the first 9 month of the year and is a multiplatform to,so it basically has nothing until September if Phantom Dust doesn't get delay,a year consist of 12 months not just the last 3 months of the year.

That is funny because the PS4 has more games higher rated than the xbox one like 70+ more,and it keep selling better even with a higher price tag which says allot,MS got lucky with the 360 this gen luck ran out.

By the way you fail to explain how MS will make for the gap,considering that you need a huge market and sales that out do the PS4 one yearly in order to close a gap.

So sony has like 10 million ahead,MS need to outsell the PS4 by 2 million each year from now on to be able to catch the PS4 in 5 years,and that isn't happening dude.

Avatar image for GearsOfWarLover
GearsOfWarLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 GearsOfWarLover
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

@nyadc said:

Tigersuperman has some competition for the title of Pachter of System Wars.

People still think xbox one can still surpass ps4?? Whaaaaaat??

Avatar image for GearsOfWarLover
GearsOfWarLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 GearsOfWarLover
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

hopefully people see what a piece of crap it really is.

but judging by the worlds intelligence...yup 40million easy haha.

Thats funny cause we all said the same thing about the Wii

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Do you mean by the end of 2015 TC? If you mean that it's impossible. I don't think the ps4 will sell around 22 million this year. 14-17 million is more likely for the ps4 this year. I think the ps4 will be between 32-35 million by the end of the year.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@Nike_Air said:

I'd guess about 33 million to consumers That would come along with these guesses though -

• PS4 does just ok in China - (not good)

because china gamers only plays what is written or voiceover in their language

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

A $299 pricepoint, would certainly pinpoint it in that trajectory. No doubt.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Sure, why not?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GrenadeLauncher

@nyadc said:

I do believe the PlayStation 4 sales are a bubble, and we all know what happens with those. I don't see it selling more than 28 million units by the end of 2015, what I do see happening though is Microsoft catching up, revealing real sales data and then surpassing Sony.

@nyadc said:

That is the point of a bubble, it expands rapidly and then pops, that is what I see happening with the PlayStation 4.

Microsoft's lineup looks very strong plus the W10/DX12 integration like I also already previously mentioned.

Microsoft is ambitious this generation, they're trying and doing a lot of things and people are noticing it,

it's already happening, the wheels have been in motion for quite a while now.

Bwahahahahaha! Segadrones never fail to amuse.

Are you a Tigersuperman alt?

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GabensHerald

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Sure, why not?

Because it has NO GAMES, GimpLoser. Oh and PC is destroying it

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/console-gaming-is-dead-everything-good-is-happening-on-pc-right-now-1260162

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/console-gaming-is-actually-what-s-dying-ironic-isn-31086566/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134037-Analyst-PC-Has-Surpassed-Console-in-Terms-of-Revenue

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/analyst-pc-gaming-now-brings-in-more-money-than-console-gaming/

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/09/tech/gaming-gadgets/console-gaming-dead/

http://gamersyndrome.com/2014/video-games/the-games-console-dying/
http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/05/economist-explains-17

http://wccftech.com/konami-consoles-dying/

http://www.examiner.com/article/are-console-games-a-dying-breed

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51431304/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/why-console-gaming-dying/

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=Tx1GTWVMAC8WHM7

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/97705-pc-gaming-vs-consoles-the-infographic

http://www.maximumpc.com/bragging_rights_pc_gaming_market_maintains_sales_lead_over_consoles_2014

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

PS4 got some of ya'll mad as ****, don't it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Sure, why not?

Seems a lot. They sold 4mil in November-December 2013. They said 18.5mil in January, so that's 14.5mil during 2014. That would mean they have to sell 21.5 million consoles in 2015, that's an increase of 48%. They reached 20mil after January and February, so that's still 19.5 million consoles to go in the coming 10 months. I just don't see that happening, it's just too much. It's selling as much in 10 months, as they did in their first 14 months + 1million

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45110 Posts

so much jelly

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I think by the last quarter of 2016 it might be 40M.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

It'll probably be between 35-40 million by 2016.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Sure, why not?

Seems a lot. They sold 4mil in November-December 2013. They said 18.5mil in January, so that's 14.5mil during 2014. That would mean they have to sell 21.5 million consoles in 2015, that's an increase of 48%. They reached 20mil after January and February, so that's still 19.5 million consoles to go in the coming 10 months. I just don't see that happening, it's just too much. It's selling as much in 10 months, as they did in their first 14 months + 1million

They're basically selling a million a month outside of November/December when they sell 2 million. Assume they do the million a month up to June, that's 6 million. Announce immediate price cuts at E3 (long overdue), let's be generous and go to 2 million a month after that then 4 million for November/December. That's 22 million. Now let's be conservative and go for 1.5 million and 3 million instead. That's 18 million. It's doable.

TBH I didn't think they'd hit 18,000,000 by the end of last year and look what happened.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Right now 2015 hinges on Bloodborne. If that game scores anything below an 8/10, Sony can kiss the year goodbye. Then again, it did sell well in 2014 with no games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Sure, why not?

They're basically selling a million a month outside of November/December when they sell 2 million. Assume they do the million a month up to June, that's 6 million. Announce immediate price cuts at E3 (long overdue), let's be generous and go to 2 million a month after that then 4 million for November/December. That's 22 million. Now let's be conservative and go for 1.5 million and 3 million instead. That's 18 million. It's doable.

TBH I didn't think they'd hit 18,000,000 by the end of last year and look what happened.

True, but still, it's very optimistic. Because I don't see them reaching 1.5 each month, definitely not going to the summer. They've got Bloodborne, and that might sell some consoles on that, although the game isn't for everyone. After that, it's waiting for 2016 on Uncharted 4, when it comes to system sellers.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

True, but still, it's very optimistic. Because I don't see them reaching 1.5 each month, definitely not going to the summer. They've got Bloodborne, and that might sell some consoles on that, although the game isn't for everyone. After that, it's waiting for 2016 on Uncharted 4, when it comes to system sellers.

Like I said, it's very possible with official price cuts and good bundling.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

Sony should just cut the price to $299 now and put M$ out of its misery for good. Its already been that price on Black Friday and has been $349 with a game like Far Cry 4 several times since. Just make it permanent Sony and dominate PS2 style.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

It will hit 40 million easily. No doubt about it. More games, increased HDD size, updates and the price drop.... It will happen for sure.

Nintendo continues to be irrelevant and destined for lower sales than gamecube so they wont be stealing sales from anyone.

Xbone will only be stealing some sales during the holidays, but only in america. The worldwide sales are sony land and thats all that matters.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@stuff238 said:

It will hit 40 million easily. No doubt about it. More games, increased HDD size, updates and the price drop.... It will happen for sure.

Nintendo continues to be irrelevant and destined for lower sales than gamecube so they wont be stealing sales from anyone.

Xbone will only be stealing some sales during the holidays, but only in america. The worldwide sales are sony land and thats all that matters.

well ps4 is tracking behind the wii....

nothing but bad news from the weakstation.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@gabensherald said:

I seriously hope so.. I liked the PS3.. The PS4 is nothing like the PS3 was.. It is more restrictive and closed, and has less features than the PS3 has.. How the hell is that possible? When new stuff is released we expect more features, not less.. Why can't the PS4 play the PSone and psn arcade games that your ps3/psp could play?? And worse of all no backwards compatability.. I remember all the people trying to defend that due to supposed increased costs.. Yet the player base seems to have no fucking problem in paying $50 for slightly face lifted PS3 ports to games..

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

@stuff238: Agreed

Side note, love seeing trolls butthurt over its early success.

The bait is so weak at this point it's comical.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tormentos

@gabensherald said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Sure, why not?

Because it has NO GAMES, GimpLoser. Oh and PC is destroying it

You poor sad lemming...lol

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Right now 2015 hinges on Bloodborne. If that game scores anything below an 8/10, Sony can kiss the year goodbye. Then again, it did sell well in 2014 with no games.

lol,....

The xbox one had even less games in 2014 and sold worse to ALLOT worse..lol

2015 is in sony's bag all games can score 5 and still they walk over MS doesn't that tell you anything about the state of the xbox brand.?

They have a cheaper price in very moment for more than a month they have and now not even that is helping the, gap this month was bigger than the gap on February 2014 when the xbox one was $500 WTF how you explain that.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Ouch ....

From the top 10 items in Amazon games 6 are for the PS4..

And get this the PS4 is on spot 8 the xbox one dropped out of the top 20 to spot 23 even while been $50 less than the PS4.....

By the way January sales are up compare to January 2014 sales for the PS4 so the PS4 is on route to sell even more this year...lol

@TigerSuperman

Hey Bro i tag you here so you can make some excuses to of what Amazon is showing..lol

@KBFloYd said:

well ps4 is tracking behind the wii....

nothing but bad news from the weakstation.

Barely and it cost $400 unlike the wii $250,but is not how fast it go starting the wii didn't have legs the PS does have legs,the wii started selling faster than the PS2,yet failed to reach 100 million faster than the PS2 did and basically die in 102 million,the PS2 sold 100 million in 5 years and after that it sold 56million units more,the wii died..

So if it just a matter of time when the PS4 go down in price that the PS4 will outpace the wii and you will look silly..lol

@sSubZerOo said:

@gabensherald said:

I seriously hope so.. I liked the PS3.. The PS4 is nothing like the PS3 was.. It is more restrictive and closed, and has less features than the PS3 has.. How the hell is that possible? When new stuff is released we expect more features, not less.. Why can't the PS4 play the PSone and psn arcade games that your ps3/psp could play?? And worse of all no backwards compatability.. I remember all the people trying to defend that due to supposed increased costs.. Yet the player base seems to have no fucking problem in paying $50 for slightly face lifted PS3 ports to games..

Simple short answer.? Money... They get more making you re buy or making byte into PSN now,than giving you backward compatibility,the xbox one is the same you can't play xbox games or 360 ones,now what was one of the first thing these 2 companies did sell you remakes.

TLOU and Halo MCC were the 2 biggest exclusives for the units in 2014,2 games that with backward compatibility you could have play both without extra dipping.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Captainqwark10

@nyadc said:
@gabensherald said:

You mean the last haf of this year right? It's possible Microsoft could get a huge sales boost in the U.S. and start doing Xbox 360 numbers, but keep in mind that we don't know how much TR and QB and such will do in NA.

Also why do you think PS4 sales are in a bubble?

@tormentos said:

@nyadc said:

Oh really can you show me an example of this.? The wii started like fire and won the generation.

The PS1 and PS2 did the same the xbox 360 never started selling like crazy,so the examples are quite off,last console of sony that sold like the PS4 went to sell 156 million units.

Yeah because Uncharted was the only game sony had for PS4 on 2015,there are like 15 more i already make a post on another thread shooting that notion down,games likes Rime,The tomorrow children,Ratchet and clank and many others still are coming.

windows 10/DX12 have no influence what so ever on the console market,and people will not buy an xbox one because Dx12 is hitting or windows 10.

Ambition isn't everything if people don't want your product you have a problem and that certainly is the case vs the PS4 and is not going to change,in fact the xbox one has nothing but an indie game for the first 9 month of the year and is a multiplatform to,so it basically has nothing until September if Phantom Dust doesn't get delay,a year consist of 12 months not just the last 3 months of the year.

That is funny because the PS4 has more games higher rated than the xbox one like 70+ more,and it keep selling better even with a higher price tag which says allot,MS got lucky with the 360 this gen luck ran out.

By the way you fail to explain how MS will make for the gap,considering that you need a huge market and sales that out do the PS4 one yearly in order to close a gap.

So sony has like 10 million ahead,MS need to outsell the PS4 by 2 million each year from now on to be able to catch the PS4 in 5 years,and that isn't happening dude.

The PS4 is not selling like the PS2 at all actually. But I do wonder why he thinks that Sony's going to pop a "bubble" WW outsidwe the U.S. when the Xbox one doesn't exist outside of the 4 countries the Xbox one is winning in, which are all not doing too well.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

lol

@david61983 said:

Sony should just cut the price to $299 now and put M$ out of its misery for good. Its already been that price on Black Friday and has been $349 with a game like Far Cry 4 several times since. Just make it permanent Sony and dominate PS2 style.

Microsoft would just do the same thing. In NA this wouldn't actually work unless Microsoft actually COULD NOT drop the price lower.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tormentos

@Captainqwark10 said:

The PS4 is not selling like the PS2 at all actually. But I do wonder why he thinks that Sony's going to pop a "bubble" WW outsidwe the U.S. when the Xbox one doesn't exist outside of the 4 countries the Xbox one is winning in, which are all not doing too well.

It is selling very similar to the PS2 a little better actually.

Beats me some people just think the xbox one will beat the PS4 out of no where and close the gap from thin air.