Do you think BOTW2 will eclipse Elden Ring?

• 155 results
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

Quite easily, the two best games I've played in the past several years is botw and elden ring. For botw it was the masterfully conceived open world that begs exploration.... Truly the most freedom I've felt in an open world game and much of it is due to a physics system that is a game within a game. For botw it was as if I was feeling the same things I did back when I played the original zelda. Feelings long lost, but only Nintendo can bring them back like a flood.

Here's the thing though.... Elden ring begs the same exploration feeling and yet gives you an insanely deep character build system that allows you to tweak everything until you've created your perfect build. It goes deeper than botw in many of the categories that matter most.

I've said for years that botw is the best open world game ever made and yet I find myself unbelievably more immersed into the stake of the lands between shaking my head in disbelief that in a world where so many developers have lost their way with world building and giving agency to the player, somehow Elden Ring sets the bar for rpgs and action games.

The question is what will botw2 do to separate itself again...? Can it? Will they adopt more layers of depth? Will they emulate elden ring "stuff" or is Nintendo satisfied with the botw formula and poised for the crown again?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

My prediction: no. It'll almost certainly be GOTY 2023 unless ND pulls TLOU3 out of nowhere or if GOW:R also gets delayed.

Elden Ring is the king of videogames.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

That’s a pretty tall order. It may “eclipse” it in some ways like it being a physics sandbox for example. It’ll be a top shelf game though just like Breath of the Wild and Elden Ring are both top shelf games already. It’s just a great time to be a gamer with such amazing games. 😎

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

I highly doubt it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

How do you want this to happen? When you're developing for hardware that is less powerful than a rock, an ambitious title cannot be built no matter what, and you're comparing it to an extremely ambitious title (massive scale, tons of biomes, amazing bosses, tons of side content, etc, etc. Good luck beating that lmao).

BOTW2 has ZERO chances of not only surpassing, but even getting close to ER.

ER will be the king of open world games for at least another 3 years, and whatever surpasses it, will most likely be developed for current gen only and use UE5. Dat Stalker2, tho. Maybe, maybe this badboy will do it sooner, but considering their situation, it might just take another 3 years for the damn this to come out.

This question should have a poll btw.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

For me it's a very easy yes, because I didn't fall in love with Elden ..

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The games don't exactly set out to do the same things. I think it's certainly possible that BotW has better dungeons. It's a given that BotW will have far better platforming mechanics, which will make the vertical element of exploration a whole lot better. BotW is going to have a much tighter, more coherent story driving it. BotW will have npcs that actually move around, with at least a couple of full fledged cities. The world will feel a lot more alive. Elden Ring probably will have more replay value (to the extent that at 140 hour game can even have replay value, anyway) due to having class variety and weapons and armor that are locked behind stats. Elden Ring will probably have better enemy variety and almost certainly will have better bosses.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#8 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

That’s a yes. Elden Ring couldn’t even surpass a Wii U game called BotW. It tried to copy it, yet failed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen

@PurpleMan5000 said:

The games don't exactly set out to do the same things. I think it's certainly possible that BotW has better dungeons. It's a given that BotW will have far better platforming mechanics, which will make the vertical element of exploration a whole lot better. BotW is going to have a much tighter, more coherent story driving it. BotW will have npcs that actually move around, with at least a couple of full fledged cities. The world will feel a lot more alive. Elden Ring probably will have more replay value (to the extent that at 140 hour game can even have replay value, anyway) due to having class variety and weapons and armor that are locked behind stats. Elden Ring will probably have better enemy variety and almost certainly will have better bosses.

What? How the hell did you come out to this conclusion? They copy pasted 120 shrines for a reason lul.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@mesome713: I adore botw like few others.... But I'd be a liar to say that elden ring doesn't stand up next to it... Its developed every bit as brilliantly.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#11 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

probably. Elden Ring was not that impressive to me

it felt like a standard Dark Souls game's worth of good content + another Dark Souls game's worth of filler and B-tier content.

its like playing Dark Souls 1, but then after every DS1 level you have to play a Dark Souls 2 level that has been stretched to have a bunch of empty space and repetitive mobs between every point of interest

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@with_teeth26 said:

it felt like a standard Dark Souls game's worth of good content + another Dark Souls game's worth of filler and B-tier content.

its like playing Dark Souls 1, but then after every DS1 level you have to play a Dark Souls 2 level that has been stretched to have a bunch of empty space and repetitive mobs between every point of interest

Ummm wha? Wondering if we played the same game.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@mesome713 said:

That’s a yes. Elden Ring couldn’t even surpass a Wii U game called BotW. It tried to copy it, yet failed.

tried to copy it? um so I guess botw tried to copy witcher 3 and ass creed.

elder ring is nothing like zelda nore has anyone say this game feels like zelda.

Zelda is Zelda why is everything based around Zelda?

Just like every platform is compared to mario.

Do we want every game just like mario or Zelda?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@TheEroica: They are very different games, I don't know if the comparison is fair.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 with_teeth26

@TheEroica said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Ummm wha? Wondering if we played the same game.

I'm wondering the same thing! what I played did not resemble some 96 MC masterpiece.

its a good game no doubt but I guess I just wasn't impressed by most of the 'open world' areas with their recycled mobs and bosses and linear mini-dungeons, no matter how cool some of them looked aesthetically.

once you get into the more intricate areas like Stormveil or Lyndell I started having fun again.

also I think for a game that long, I need more of a cohesive story to keep me going. they also need to revamp their quest system to suit a more open game - I don't get any enjoyment out of looking up how to do quests online or access hidden/secret areas online but you kinda have to.

its a 7-8/10 game for me - still good overall, great for stretches, but overall fairly far down the list of From games for me.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mesome713

@gifford38: The creator himself said he copied Zelda. The game even has areas dedicated to Zelda. It even has enemies and places that is straight copy from Zelda.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fedor

@mesome713 said:

@gifford38: The creator himself said he copied Zelda. The game even has areas dedicated to Zelda. It even has enemies and places that is straight copy from Zelda.

Have a quote for that?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mesome713

@fedor: https://www.theloadout.com/elden-ring/breath-of-the-wild-elder-scrolls-inspiration

Elden Ring has a whole dungeon level that copies from Zelda. The whole Souls series is a copy of Zelda.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@TheEroica: Belden ring is a broken buggy mess theres no way it will stand up to botw2

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fedor
@mesome713 said:

@fedor: https://www.theloadout.com/elden-ring/breath-of-the-wild-elder-scrolls-inspiration

Elden Ring has a whole dungeon level that copies from Zelda.

"In preparation for Elden Ring, Hidetaka Miyazaki studied some open-world games, including The Elder Scrolls or GTA. No title served as a specific inspiration for Elden Ring, but when asked which one he liked best, he expressed great respect for the design and the freedom of play in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild."

Why own yourself? Why make stuff up and lie?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mesome713

@fedor: Bro Elden Ring has a whole dungeon level copied from Zelda. The whole game is a copy of Zelda. Hidden walls, epic boss fights, weird merchants, treasure chest, mimic chests, rolling on pots, total control combat, etc.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@fedor said:
@mesome713 said:

Elden Ring has a whole dungeon level that copies from Zelda.

"In preparation for Elden Ring, Hidetaka Miyazaki studied some open-world games, including The Elder Scrolls or GTA. No title served as a specific inspiration for Elden Ring, but when asked which one he liked best, he expressed great respect for the design and the freedom of play in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild."

Why own yourself? Why make stuff up and lie?

did mesome713 just plowed himself?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fedor
@mesome713 said:

@fedor: Bro Elden Ring has a whole dungeon level copied from Zelda. The whole game is a copy of Zelda. Hidden walls, epic boss fights, weird merchants, treasure chest, mimic chests, rolling on pots, total control combat, etc.

I crossed out the lies from your post.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gifford38

@mesome713: he didn't copy it. But used ideas from Zelda and other games. I don't think he said this has to be better than botw or any game. Only fanboys think a game has to over shadow each game. Were the developers just want to make games for us to play and make money for there next project.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mesome713

@fedor: Go google the Academy Study Hall upside down dungeon. Here so education for yourself.

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/inspired-by-zelda-elden-ring-carries-the-torch-that-breath-of-the-wild-lit/

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fedor
@mesome713 said:

@fedor: Go google the Academy Study Hall upside down dungeon.

No, I already shown you to be a liar. You don't have to lie to kick it, bud.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mesome713

@gifford38: Yeah, nothing wrong with coping Zelda. Tons of games do it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

It would seem that some folks didn't realize just how similar the concept of exploration is between botw and elden ring. Both games are a master class in grabbing player attention in an open world setting.

A couple comments above I'm not really convinced by... Botw and elden ring being completely different games? There are definitely inspirations of zelda gameplay in elden ring... And also, elden ring does thing with character build that zelda hasn't come close to touching and they are MAJOR gameplay elements that set it apart. Both botw and elden ring are the only two open world games I've played where exploration is done to this sublime level. It's not a tough stretch to see why games like AC and Horizon can't compete with Elden ring and botw.

I'm not sure about the buggy mess comment either.... Where? I'm playing it on steam deck and it runs absolutely perfectly.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PurpleMan5000

@hardwenzen said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

What? How the hell did you come out to this conclusion? They copy pasted 120 shrines for a reason lul.

We are talking about BotW2, so we don't really know how much copy/paste there will be. And I think you are also turning a blind eye to all of the copy/paste in the mini-dungeons of Elden Ring.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hardwenzen
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

We are talking about BotW2, so we don't really know how much copy/paste there will be. And I think you are also turning a blind eye to all of the copy/paste in the mini-dungeons of Elden Ring.

I am absolutely NOT turning a blind eye on it. Its easily one of the worst parts of the game. BUT, what y'all need to take into consideration is that other than these copy pasted mini dugeons, there's a metric tone of unique and top notch dungeons, castles, etc, with amazing level design, which is completely absent in BOTW. Those mini dugeons is just shovelware to give you an excuse to possibly beat a chllenging boss and get some unique items. But if there's an ER2, i would prefer them lowering these side dungeons by half, but all the ones that are gonna be in the game, i'd like em all being unique. Don't care if the world feels more empty. Seeing the same geometry destroys my immersion.

And while i understand you're referring to BOTW2, what exactly do you expect to change so much when its created for a mobile device that is supposed to sacrifice EVERYTHING for mobility? If BOTW2 was created for the ps5/x, now we'd be talking, but its being made for a toaster... don't expect much.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@mesome713 said:

nothing wrong with copying. It just means your product is the best, and you copy from the best. Everybody copies halo, and zelda. Just the way things are. Too many salty cows out there.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen
@TheEroica said:

It would seem that some folks didn't realize just how similar the concept of exploration is between botw and elden ring. Both games are a master class in grabbing player attention in an open world setting.

A couple comments above I'm not really convinced by... Botw and elden ring being completely different games? There are definitely inspirations of zelda gameplay in elden ring... And also, elden ring does thing with character build that zelda hasn't come close to touching and they are MAJOR gameplay elements that set it apart. Both botw and elden ring are the only two open world games I've played where exploration is done to this sublime level. It's not a tough stretch to see why games like AC and Horizon can't compete with Elden ring and botw.

I'm not sure about the buggy mess comment either.... Where? I'm playing it on steam deck and it runs absolutely perfectly.

Pretty sure Miyazaki admited that BOTW was an inspiration (even if he didn't, you can clearly see it). People that say that these two titles aren't similar/comparable are mostly Nintendo fanboys/ER haters. The reason why they pretend that its like comparing apples to oranges is because they know that ER has far surpassed what's on offer in BOTW, and they simply refuse to admit it. If you pretend like the two are not comparable, you can't really claim one being a winner over the other. Maroxad has been doing this for over three months. Love to see it😊

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fedor

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

Mesome713 is Amber Heard of SW🤭

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56102 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

More like QuantumTV than Amber Heard.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@davillain said:
@hardwenzen said:

More like QuantumTV than Amber Heard.

Fitting, but Amber Heard is better.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

Both games does exploration wonderfully indeed.

I want to see more of it, with intricate dungeons and bosses this time. If that's what I'll get, chances are that BotW2 will blow my socks away, and I'd easily consider it the better game over ER. We shall see.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@fedor: what angle are you taking with that gif? I don't understand what you're suggesting. Who is grasping at which straws?

Funny thing is that I could not be a bigger botw fan... I adore it in my soul. I'm just not gonna pretend that elden ring didnt just top it. I can't deny it because it's true. I've got 100 hours + on both games and not only are they very comparable in many elements, but they are both master class examples of game design done to perfection.

Everything that botw did exceptional elden ring does in its own way... Except physics, which admittedly is a huge element of botw. Elden ring absolutely decimate botw in terms of RPG character building that directly impacts gameplay.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Fedor

@TheEroica said:

@fedor: what angle are you taking with that gif? I don't understand what you're suggesting. Who is grasping at which straws?

Funny thing is that I could not be a bigger botw fan... I adore it in my soul. I'm just not gonna pretend that elden ring didnt just top it. I can't deny it because it's true. I've got 100 hours + on both games and not only are they very comparable in many elements, but they are both master class examples of game design done to perfection.

It's in reference to the two people saying ER completely copied BOTW. One of them produced a quote saying the opposite and then posted an opinion piece article from a Zelda fanboy site. I don't really care which game anyone thought was better, I enjoyed both myself. But to say ER flat out copied is blatant and verifiable nonsense.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56102 Posts
@TheEroica said:

He was aiming Mesome713 with the gif cause he's reaching for success but fails to deliver hence the lies begin to crumble.

@TheEroica said:

Everything that botw did exceptional elden ring does in its own way... Except physics, which admittedly is a huge element of botw. Elden ring absolutely decimate botw in terms of RPG character building that directly impacts gameplay.

Both are amazing top-tier open-world games and nothing will change that but BOTW isn't really my fav Zelda game, it's Ocarina of Time and always has, always will be.

BoTW and Elden Ring are interesting in that they have problems coming from their solutions to "what do we reward the player with for this exploration?"Both are weapons, for the most part.

Elden Ring naturally provides weapons (also spells and incantations) 99% of the player base will never use. It's either going to be the type the player doesn't want to use, or it's not worth going through the hassle to upgrade, or the player doesn't have the stats for. Of course, this means playthroughs can be vastly different and I'm sure most people on this board would argue it's the better design choice but have seen people complaining about it.

BoTW has weapons but in order to ensure the player makes use of the rewards they break, so most players will use boomerang swords, greatswords, magic wands, spears, and anything they can get their hands on throughout the course of a single playthrough. Naturally with the detriment that players don't want to lose that cool sword, feel they're being punished if they fight low-level mobs, and never want to use that Lynel bow cause they might need it.

Will BOTW2 win against Elden Ring? By the time BOTW2 releases next year, we'll probably forget Elden Ring cause we're talking about a year later and we got major games releasing next year so it's really not just BOTW2 but more AAA games that have to get through first.

@dabear said:

@TheEroica: They are very different games, I don't know if the comparison is fair.

Then that tells us you haven't played either of these games to see the comparison and the trick is, none of these games cannot be compared to other open-world games like Ubisoft open-world or Horizon for that matter.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@TheEroica said:

Yeah not sure why that narrative is taking hold. There are some pretty cool odes to zelda in elden ring... Like Everytime I'm attacked by those fingers! Bastards! But to claim they copied botw is just not factual.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By with_teeth26

@TheEroica said:

not saying ER is a buggy mess, but there was actually an interesting article where Valve talked about having to do some extra stuff to get the game running smoothly on the Steam Deck and avoid the stuttering/FPS drops that are common elsewhere. so it might actually be one of the best ways to play it!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@davillain: interesting take about rewards for exploration. It is true that elden ring rewards you with weapons you may or may not use, though the inclusion of Larval Tears for respec'ing your character up to 18 times in each playthrough leaves so many opportunities to change direction and create a new build.

I started as a strength/dex build... Then found the sword of night and flame and focused on faith/int.... Then I found eleonoras pole blade and I wanted to focus on dex/arc to create a bleed build. That's 2 larval tears out of an available 18 in a single playthrough... Now I'm a level 130 and blazing through the game clearing as many dungeons and bosses as possible and I'm already planning the next build (just on case bleed gets nerfed). So while, yes I agree that you'll get some items from dungeons that don't always match your build, everything matters in combination with future builds.

In terms of botw, I didn't mind the breaking of weapons, and totally got it that they were using the break mechanic to keep u from using the same weapon over and over. That's a very simple method to inspiring parity in combat... It may have pissed off just as many people who didn't mind however.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PurpleMan5000

@hardwenzen said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

I am absolutely NOT turning a blind eye on it. Its easily one of the worst parts of the game. BUT, what y'all need to take into consideration is that other than these copy pasted mini dugeons, there's a metric tone of unique and top notch dungeons, castles, etc, with amazing level design, which is completely absent in BOTW. Those mini dugeons is just shovelware to give you an excuse to possibly beat a chllenging boss and get some unique items. But if there's an ER2, i would prefer them lowering these side dungeons by half, but all the ones that are gonna be in the game, i'd like em all being unique. Don't care if the world feels more empty. Seeing the same geometry destroys my immersion.

And while i understand you're referring to BOTW2, what exactly do you expect to change so much when its created for a mobile device that is supposed to sacrifice EVERYTHING for mobility? If BOTW2 was created for the ps5/x, now we'd be talking, but its being made for a toaster... don't expect much.

I will say that the thing I appreciated the most in ER was that even the crappy mini-dungeons had a boss. I loved fighting the bosses, not really knowing if it was going to be something hard or a pushover. Zelda won't have that. But most of the shrines in BotW were done better than the crypts and caves in ER. And I'm not really saying there is anything wrong with the legacy dungeons in Elden Ring. Some of them are awesome, and some are kind of hard to navigate, but they are all memorable, with just enough challenge for where they are located within the game. I'm just saying that it's possible that BotW2 could outdo them. It's likely to have 7 or 8 full-size dungeons (most 3D Zelda games do) and I'd expect them to be a bit larger and more refined than what BotW had.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@with_teeth26 said:
@TheEroica said:

not saying ER is a buggy mess, but there was actually an interesting article where Valve talked about having to do some extra stuff to get the game running smoothly on the Steam Deck and avoid the stuttering/FPS drops that are common elsewhere. so it might actually be one of the best ways to play it!

I had originally downloaded the game on the SD card by accident. It didnt run flawlessly. Crashed a few times for sure. Once I out it on the internal storage it's been solid as a rock.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@davillain said:
@TheEroica said:

He was aiming Mesome713 with the gif cause he's reaching for success but fails to deliver hence the lies begin to crumble.

@TheEroica said:

Both are amazing top-tier open-world games and nothing will change that but BOTW isn't really my fav Zelda game, it's Ocarina of Time and always has, always will be.

BoTW and Elden Ring are interesting in that they have problems coming from their solutions to "what do we reward the player with for this exploration?"Both are weapons, for the most part.

Elden Ring naturally provides weapons (also spells and incantations) 99% of the player base will never use. It's either going to be the type the player doesn't want to use, or it's not worth going through the hassle to upgrade, or the player doesn't have the stats for. Of course, this means playthroughs can be vastly different and I'm sure most people on this board would argue it's the better design choice but have seen people complaining about it.

BoTW has weapons but in order to ensure the player makes use of the rewards they break, so most players will use boomerang swords, greatswords, magic wands, spears, and anything they can get their hands on throughout the course of a single playthrough. Naturally with the detriment that players don't want to lose that cool sword, feel they're being punished if they fight low-level mobs, and never want to use that Lynel bow cause they might need it.

Will BOTW2 win against Elden Ring? By the time BOTW2 releases next year, we'll probably forget Elden Ring cause we're talking about a year later and we got major games releasing next year so it's really not just BOTW2 but more AAA games that have to get through first.

@dabear said:

Then that tells us you haven't played either of these games to see the comparison and the trick is, none of these games cannot be compared to other open-world games like Ubisoft open-world or Horizon for that matter.

BotW is not an RPG, Elden Ring is. I don't need to have spent 100s of hours playing them to know that.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gifford38

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@mesome713 said:

nothing wrong with copying. It just means your product is the best, and you copy from the best. Everybody copies halo, and zelda. Just the way things are. Too many salty cows out there.

yeah but I don't see anyone copying halo. zelda maybe but not halo.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#48 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Does it need to do so?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Nah, it won't.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@nintendoboy16: it doesn't need to do so no... And with that said, botw 2 could be an entirely memorable and groundbreaking game and still not score as high as its predecessor.