Do you really care about wii sales System Wars...?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#51 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
not really. the Wii is a toy. It shouldn't be considered any more of a console than the V-smile is.TheRealMC01
The pinnacle of system wars intelligence :lol:
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

Lets be serious for a moment... Does any self respecting "gamer" truly care about the Wii's sales? I mean, I'm willing to bet most don't even consider it a part of currant generation console gaming. I gotta be honest, I don't feel tempted in anyway shape or form to even consider buying a wii... It's just not an appealing console to me and it can't deliver the HD gaming experience I want. Grandma's and little girls with pig tails can't convince me otherwise. I know this all sounds like a fanboyistic rant or "damage control" but seriously, congrats and who cares... If I want an experience that rivals the wii I'll go turn on my original Xbox and still have better games.... and graphics.

colmusterd28

I don't really care that much about sales, either. I DO care, however, about having fun playing video games, and wrestling with crap controls for all the dime-a-dozen shooters on the other 2 consoles isn't my idea of fun. I prefer the games on Wii, and if the Wii wasn't getting the crippled version of Rock Band then I wouldn't even consider buying the other consoles.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

Lets be serious for a moment... Does any self respecting "gamer" truly care about the Wii's sales? I mean, I'm willing to bet most don't even consider it a part of currant generation console gaming. I gotta be honest, I don't feel tempted in anyway shape or form to even consider buying a wii... It's just not an appealing console to me and it can't deliver the HD gaming experience I want. Grandma's and little girls with pig tails can't convince me otherwise. I know this all sounds like a fanboyistic rant or "damage control" but seriously, congrats and who cares... If I want an experience that rivals the wii I'll go turn on my original Xbox and still have better games.... and graphics.

svetzenlether

I don't really care that much about sales, either. I DO care, however, about having fun playing video games, and wrestling with crap controls for all the dime-a-dozen shooters on the other 2 consoles isn't my idea of fun. I prefer the games on Wii, and if the Wii wasn't getting the crippled version of Rock Band then I wouldn't even consider buying the other consoles.

So you're tellinb me you can spend five hours a day playing on your wii?

Nickman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Nickman71
Member since 2003 • 1002 Posts

Haha, it's gotten to the point where fanyboys can't even compete with the Wii so they just ignore it.

Pathetic.

It's hard being on the top.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
:roll: When the 360 starts selling sales matter, but when the Wii is selling, sales dont matter anymore.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a
deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#56 deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a
Member since 2004 • 1200 Posts
The Wii really sucks. Set aside some first party goodies like Zelda, Metroid, and Mario... and you got yourself nothing more than a graphically undpowered gimmick with motion controls. It appeals to families because all of the games are easy to pick up, yet they are no fun to play. Most of the games are not really games at all, but more so a collection of mini games. There is absolutely no depth to 99% of WII games, making pretty much all of them completely forgettable after a weekend rental. It saddens me to see gamers fall for this hype trap, only to watch them get serviced by Nintendos joke of a third party lineup. I hate to say it, but while the rest of us our playing awesome titles such as Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy, most Wii owners will let out a tear when they realize Bubble Pop and M & M's Cart Racing just aren't getting the job done.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 xsubtownerx

:roll: When the 360 starts selling sales matter, but when the Wii is selling, sales dont matter anymore.EVOLV3

Wii sales don't matter because it's always selling.. It's won the sales war. In only a year and a few months. The fight is now for second place. :)

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts

:roll: When the 360 starts selling sales matter, but when the Wii is selling, sales dont matter anymore.EVOLV3

Yeah, pretty much. Great logic, huh?

Sales of course matter, sales greatly help the business, which helps improve the quality and amount of games that come out.

mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]:roll: When the 360 starts selling sales matter, but when the Wii is selling, sales dont matter anymore.goodlay

Yeah, pretty much. Great logic, huh?

Sales of course matter, sales greatly help the business, which helps improve the quality and amount of games that come out.

Sales is what System wars is all about. The Wii is winning there's no doubt about that, I've accepted that.

The race is now for second place, as much as I hate to say it.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 goodlay

The Wii really sucks. Set aside some first party goodies like Zelda, Metroid, and Mario... and you got yourself nothing more than a graphically undpowered gimmick with motion controls. It appeals to families because all of the games are easy to pick up, yet they are no fun to play. Most of the games are not really games at all, but more so a collection of mini games. There is absolutely no depth to 99% of WII games, making pretty much all of them completely forgettable after a weekend rental. It saddens me to see gamers fall for this hype trap, only to watch them get serviced by Nintendos joke of a third party lineup. I hate to say it, but while the rest of us our playing awesome titles such as Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy, most Wii owners will let out a tear when they realize Bubble Pop and M & M's Cart Racing just aren't getting the job done.TheXboxgamer73

You've probably played one Wii game: Wii Sports.

Ever heard of Zack and Wiki, No More Heroes, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4, Okami, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Legend of Zelda TP, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario? Eh, anything ring a bell? That's definitely more than 1% of the library, and they aren't minigame compilations, so your ignorant statement fails.

Also, nice job using the PS3+360 > Wii. Apparently it takes both consoles to take it down, and you claim it's awful.

TheRealMC01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheRealMC01
Member since 2007 • 995 Posts

[QUOTE="TheRealMC01"]not really. the Wii is a toy. It shouldn't be considered any more of a console than the V-smile is.air_wolf_cubed

seriously. ask someone who buys a Wii why they bought it... "cuz itz fun!!!"

then ask a 5 year old who bought a V-smile... "cuz itz fun!!!"

(and i think both involve waving something around and pointing on things)

and then ask someone who bought a 360 or ps3 and they will give all kinds of reasons, because it's already obvious that consoles are meant to be fun. the only other thing that sheep can bring up is sales, and even to them it's something that can't be explained.

mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts

[QUOTE="TheRealMC01"]not really. the Wii is a toy. It shouldn't be considered any more of a console than the V-smile is.air_wolf_cubed

Eh, when I think of the Wii, "toy" honestly fits it best in my mind.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 goodlay

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="TheRealMC01"]not really. the Wii is a toy. It shouldn't be considered any more of a console than the V-smile is.TheRealMC01

and then ask someone who bought a 360 or ps3 and they will give all kinds of reasons, because it's already obvious that consoles are meant to be fun. the only other thing that sheep can bring up is sales, and even to them it's something that can't be explained.

The Real Mccoy got banned and now he's back.

Why did someone buy a video game console in the first place? Because playing video games are fun, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a

[QUOTE="TheXboxgamer73"]The Wii really sucks. Set aside some first party goodies like Zelda, Metroid, and Mario... and you got yourself nothing more than a graphically undpowered gimmick with motion controls. It appeals to families because all of the games are easy to pick up, yet they are no fun to play. Most of the games are not really games at all, but more so a collection of mini games. There is absolutely no depth to 99% of WII games, making pretty much all of them completely forgettable after a weekend rental. It saddens me to see gamers fall for this hype trap, only to watch them get serviced by Nintendos joke of a third party lineup. I hate to say it, but while the rest of us our playing awesome titles such as Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy, most Wii owners will let out a tear when they realize Bubble Pop and M & M's Cart Racing just aren't getting the job done.goodlay

Ever heard of Zack and Wiki, No More Heroes, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4, Okami, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Legend of Zelda TP, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario? Eh, anything ring a bell? That's definitely more than 1% of the library, and they aren't minigame compilations, so your ignorant statement fails.

Ummm dont be so quick to judge there smart guy. When I had a Wii, I owned No More Heroes, Ghost Squad, and Super Mario Galaxy. They were great games. Resident Evil 4 is the same game on its third system, Okami on it's second. Super Smash is the same game I played on my 64, I'm not a Zelda fan, and Metroid was ruined as soon as it hit 3-D. Super Paper Mario was a testament to making a classic Mario side scroller boring with more reading than a Charles Dickens novel and Mario Kart is more of the same. So no, I've played more than one game. I've already experienced the Wii''s so called "best", and for one, its unimpressive at best. Ill take Metal Gear 4 over Summer Sports and We Ski any day of the week.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 xsubtownerx

I dont care about System Wars

I dont care about the Wii or its games

i do care about the 360 and its games, and maybe the Ps3 in the near future.

For now though i really dislike the Wii, i owned one and never liked it from the get go.

Mkavanaugh77

Everything you just wrote I can relate to. I feel the exact same wayabout everything. Even to the "maybe a PS3 in the near future" thing.

I love you, man.

Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts

i could careless they dont give me a check. so screw em.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 air_wolf_cubed

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="TheRealMC01"]not really. the Wii is a toy. It shouldn't be considered any more of a console than the V-smile is.TheRealMC01

your argument fails in so many levels

first off, i seriously doubt everyone said "cuz itz fun." if you dont believe me take a video camera out and look for wii owners and ask them

then, your comparing a V-Smile which is made for children to the Wii which has the likes of No More Heroes, Mad World, Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, RE Umbrella Chronicles and plenty of other games that arent made for children

Although sales are important in thevideo game world it is also a fact that the Wii has great games (OMG WTF HAX!! AMIRITE?) so sales arent the only thing sheep can brag about.

If you deny any of these then you are a huge fanboy not worth arguing with

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 goodlay
[QUOTE="goodlay"]

[QUOTE="TheXboxgamer73"]The Wii really sucks. Set aside some first party goodies like Zelda, Metroid, and Mario... and you got yourself nothing more than a graphically undpowered gimmick with motion controls. It appeals to families because all of the games are easy to pick up, yet they are no fun to play. Most of the games are not really games at all, but more so a collection of mini games. There is absolutely no depth to 99% of WII games, making pretty much all of them completely forgettable after a weekend rental. It saddens me to see gamers fall for this hype trap, only to watch them get serviced by Nintendos joke of a third party lineup. I hate to say it, but while the rest of us our playing awesome titles such as Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy, most Wii owners will let out a tear when they realize Bubble Pop and M & M's Cart Racing just aren't getting the job done.TheXboxgamer73

Ummm dont be so quick to judge there smart guy. When I had a Wii, I owned No More Heroes, Ghost Squad, and Super Mario Galaxy. They were great games. Resident Evil 4 is the same game on its third system, Okami on it's second. Super Smash is the same game I played on my 64, I'm not a Zelda fan, and Metroid was ruined as soon as it hit 3-D. Super Paper Mario was a testament to making a classic Mario side scroller boring with more reading than a Charles Dickens novel and Mario Kart is more of the same. So no, I've played more than one game. I've already experienced the Wii''s so called "best", and for one, its unimpressive at best. Ill take Metal Gear 4 over Summer Sports and We Ski any day of the week.

I disprove everything you say, and you just come back with "Well the games suck lolz."

When you had a Wii? Now you're judging games that just came out, like Mario Kart, when you probably haven't even played them. First party goodies? Then you just bash 3-D Metroid and Zelda, nice job.

Why compare MGS 4 to We Ski when you can compare it to Brawl or Galaxy? Here I can do that too.

I'll take SMG over Eye of Judgment anyday. See?

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

I dont need to care about wii sales anymore because its basically killing the competition every month. I only care about the sales race between the 360 and Ps3.

And you are right your rant i basic damage control because if the 360 were winning you lemmings would be screaming sales all over the place. And whoever says sales dont matter is CLEARLY in denial.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 air_wolf_cubed

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="TheRealMC01"]not really. the Wii is a toy. It shouldn't be considered any more of a console than the V-smile is.mmogoon

Eh, when I think of the Wii, "toy" honestly fits it best in my mind.

Wii = Console = Toy. So 360 and PS3 = Toy. Your logic holds up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a
I didn't say all the games suck. Zelda is a great series, I'm just not a fan. Resident Evil 4 and Okami were fantastic as well, but porting them over a console generation just isn't very noteworthy. And you can disprove everything I say, but telling me I haven't played some of the new games is just blatant ignorance. I work for a video game store, and I've played the new Mario Kart as well as Smash Bros. Most of these greater games are mere rehashes of something I can pick up on my 64 for 10 to 15 bucks.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

colmusterd28

Most ridiculous thing I've EVER read in SW. You sir, and I use the term loosely, are the kind of "gamer" I despise most of all. The Wii has great games that I guess people like you can't appreciate, probably because you have no idea what great games are.

You must be very insecure about yourself to even say such nonsense and expect people to take you seriously. You're the one that has been whining about Mass Effect getting a 8.5 and saying it's the best thing since sliced bread amirite? That game sucked bad so I know you have bad taste in games.

Your pathetic stereotypes run both ways pal. If iyo most Wii gamers are "girls in pigtails and grandmas" then I guess the majority of 360 owners must be obnoxious nerds who suck at life and still live in mommas basement huh? :roll:

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Gh0st_Of_0nyx

I didn't say all the games suck. Zelda is a great series, I'm just not a fan. Resident Evil 4 and Okami were fantastic as well, but porting them over a console generation just isn't very noteworthy. And you can disprove everything I say, but telling me I haven't played some of the new games is just blatant ignorance. I work for a video game store, and I've played the new Mario Kart as well as Smash Bros. Most of these greater games are mere rehashes of something I can pick up on my 64 for 10 to 15 bucks.TheXboxgamer73
If he discredited everything you said wyhy bother arguing :?

Wii is and amazing console with great games and like the other consoles its not for eveyone. Mario kart and SSBB rehashes ? :lol: The fanboy comments just keep rolling out of you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a

[QUOTE="TheXboxgamer73"]I didn't say all the games suck. Zelda is a great series, I'm just not a fan. Resident Evil 4 and Okami were fantastic as well, but porting them over a console generation just isn't very noteworthy. And you can disprove everything I say, but telling me I haven't played some of the new games is just blatant ignorance. I work for a video game store, and I've played the new Mario Kart as well as Smash Bros. Most of these greater games are mere rehashes of something I can pick up on my 64 for 10 to 15 bucks.Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Wii is and amazing console with great games and like the other consoles its not for eveyone. Mario kart and SSBB rehashes ? :lol: The fanboy comments just keep rolling out of you.

Is that so? Then what would not liking the Wii make me a fanboy of? I love to play PC games, Xbox games, Xbox 360 games, Ps2 games, Ps1 games, Super Nintendo games, PSP games, etc. I also enjoy almost a little bit of every genre. So I enjoy almost every system except for the Wii and that makes me a fanboy? Sure, makes plenty of sense.
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

svetzenlether

dime a dozen shooters...? The 360 has a robust library of quality genre branching games... I guess to a wii owner, unless your making scrambled eggs in a virtua-bowl it's considered "dime a dozen"

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]

[QUOTE="TheXboxgamer73"]I didn't say all the games suck. Zelda is a great series, I'm just not a fan. Resident Evil 4 and Okami were fantastic as well, but porting them over a console generation just isn't very noteworthy. And you can disprove everything I say, but telling me I haven't played some of the new games is just blatant ignorance. I work for a video game store, and I've played the new Mario Kart as well as Smash Bros. Most of these greater games are mere rehashes of something I can pick up on my 64 for 10 to 15 bucks.TheXboxgamer73

Is that so? Then what would not liking the Wii make me a fanboy of? I love to play PC games, Xbox games, Xbox 360 games, Ps2 games, Ps1 games, Super Nintendo games, PSP games, etc. I also enjoy almost a little bit of every genre. So I enjoy almost every system except for the Wii and that makes me a fanboy? Sure, makes plenty of sense.

I was commenting on what you said about brawl and mario kart wii being rehashes because thats FANBOYISH. I said earlier in my post the wii's not for everyone if you read that. Please tell me how mario kart wii and brawl are rehashes of there N64 counter-parts ?
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 goodlay
[QUOTE="svetzenlether"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

colmusterd28

dime a dozen shooters...? The 360 has a robust library of quality genre branching games... I guess to a wii owner, unless your making scrambled eggs in a virtua-bowl it's considered "dime a dozen"

360 Shooters

I see just a couple shooters there. :roll:

Not to mention the many 360 shooters coming out this Fall.

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 colmusterd28
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

Bigboi500

Most ridiculous thing I've EVER read in SW. You sir, and I use the term loosely, are the kind of "gamer" I despise most of all. The Wii has great games that I guess people like you can't appreciate, probably because you have no idea what great games are.

You must be very insecure about yourself to even say such nonsense and expect people to take you seriously. You're the one that has been whining about Mass Effect getting a 8.5 and saying it's the best thing since sliced bread amirite? That game sucked bad so I know you have bad taste in games.

Your pathetic stereotypes run both ways pal. If iyo most Wii gamers are "girls in pigtails and grandmas" then I guess the majority of 360 owners must be obnoxious nerds who suck at life and still live in mommas basement huh? :roll:

boy, I really hit you close to the mark, huh... and yes Mass Effect is a finer game than the entirety of the wii's library. IMO... I am also a very confident, probably too much so, of a gamer. I started with the 2600 and I've gamed steadily ever since. I enjoy the hobby a great deal and I can certainly tell you when the conversation is comparing apples to apples, the wii does not belong. It is last gen tech with a gimicky controller a great price point and a below average game lineup... very smart on nintendo's part, well except the game part.

instead of getting your "pigtails" in a bunch and trying to attack me as a person, why don't you add to the topic.

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 colmusterd28
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"][QUOTE="svetzenlether"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

goodlay

360 Shooters

I see just a couple shooters there. :roll:

Not to mention the many 360 shooters coming out this Fall.

Did you even read that list?

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

boy, I really hit you close to the mark, huh... and yes Mass Effect is a finer game than the entirety of the wii's library. IMO... I am also a very confident, probably too much so, of a gamer. I started with the 2600 and I've gamed steadily ever since. I enjoy the hobby a great deal and I can certainly tell you when the conversation is comparing apples to apples, the wii does not belong. It is last gen tech with a gimicky controller a great price point and a below average game lineup... very smart on nintendo's part, well except the game part.

instead of getting your "pigtails" in a bunch and trying to attack me as a person, why don't you add to the topic.

colmusterd28
If you were a gamer yuo would be gaming right now, not waiting for your system to return from M$ because its the only one that you own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a
If I said something like "All Xbox games are better than Wii games no matter what!", that would be fanboyish. And not to say that Super Smash and Mario Kart aren't fun games in their own right, can you not see in the slightest bit that they are rehashes? Aside from graphics and maybe some new stages, they are the same exact games they were back on the Nintendo 64. I'm not willing to pay $250 because this new version has motorcycles. Take another game for example, Resident Evil 4. I beat it roughly 5 or 6 times, and loved it to death, but re-releasing it and calling it a reason to own the Wii is ridiculous.
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 colmusterd28
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

f50p90

If you were a gamer yuo would be gaming right now, not waiting for your system to return from M$ because its the only one that you own

are you enjoying your 360? I love when mom and dad buy me things for being a good boy!!!

eddy_of_york

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 eddy_of_york
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
The wii is trying something new. You may not like it, but in my opinion: any self repecting gamer is objective in their grading of a console and its abilities and to say that it doesn't appeal to you in any way shape or form when it clearly is doing something that is revolutionary speaks to me....it tells me you don't just sound like a fanboy...you are one....or maybe your being blinded by something else.

Any real gamer would love to have a wii. I'm not saying they would go out and shell the money, but...in the event they could have one cheap or free of charge...no real gamer would stop to think
Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts

muahuahaua

This is going to be good.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 f50p90
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

colmusterd28

are you enjoying your 360? I love when mom and dad buy me things for being a good boy!!!

i'm playing the 360 thatt i bought with my own money right now yes :D too bad your parents wont buy you more than one
fishfake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 fishfake
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts
i feel sorry for the TC... he is full of hate course there exist something that dont can hurt him but it hurts him :roll:
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Bigboi500
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

colmusterd28

Because the topic is plain bs. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about obviously thinking that hd gaming is all there is. If I have pigtails then by your "reasoning" you must be the guy in the basement afraid to leave the house during the light of day. ;)

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Gh0st_Of_0nyx

If I said something like "All Xbox games are better than Wii games no matter what!", that would be fanboyish. And not to say that Super Smash and Mario Kart aren't fun games in their own right, can you not see in the slightest bit that they are rehashes? Aside from graphics and maybe some new stages, they are the same exact games they were back on the Nintendo 64. I'm not willing to pay $250 because this new version has motorcycles. Take another game for example, Resident Evil 4. I beat it roughly 5 or 6 times, and loved it to death, but re-releasing it and calling it a reason to own the Wii is ridiculous. TheXboxgamer73

I didnt know the n64 versions of those games had

SSBB

Coherent adventure mode

all star mode

level creator

35 characters

360 songs

25 levels

Spectator mode

Ran at 60 FPS

Man if those things I said are your deffenition of rehash then you been playing rehashes all your life and you know what there called ? SEQUELS :roll:

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

As much as people will hate to admit what you have posted.........I agree.

I gave the Wii 2 chances and I just don't care for it. And I don't care if it sells 10 million next month, because it's never gonna get the games that I care about to be released on it.

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 colmusterd28
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

Bigboi500

Because the topic is plain bs. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about obviously thinking that hd gaming is all there is. If I have pigtails then by your "reasoning" you must be the guy in the basement afraid to leave the house during the light of day. ;)

My point is, relax bro, the discussion boils down to if 50 people are calling for "ownage" as to why the wii is the second coming of jesus because of sales than I'm one of the 50 who's just trying to infuse a little real world in to the conversation. Do you deny that the wii's heavy sales are due large in part to the fact that "non gamers" are buying it like crazy?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a

[QUOTE="TheXboxgamer73"]If I said something like "All Xbox games are better than Wii games no matter what!", that would be fanboyish. And not to say that Super Smash and Mario Kart aren't fun games in their own right, can you not see in the slightest bit that they are rehashes? Aside from graphics and maybe some new stages, they are the same exact games they were back on the Nintendo 64. I'm not willing to pay $250 because this new version has motorcycles. Take another game for example, Resident Evil 4. I beat it roughly 5 or 6 times, and loved it to death, but re-releasing it and calling it a reason to own the Wii is ridiculous. Gh0st_Of_0nyx

SSBB

Coherent adventure mode

all star mode

level creator

35 characters

360 songs

25 levels

Spectator mode

Ran at 60 FPS

Man if those things I said are your deffenition of rehash then you been playing rehashes all your life and you know what there called ? SEQUELS :roll:

Your definition of a sequel would be like calling Metal Gear Solid 3 a sequel to Metal Gear 2 if they made the game run smoother, added some new background music, and added a bonus character. My point is that even with new features, the beef of Smash Bros gameplay hasn't really changed a bit. The adventure mode is a joke in that game. And lo and behold that spectator mode, because nothing more fun than playing a game is watching it being played by the computer. Most sequels bring entire new adventures to the table, not a new character and some music.
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 colmusterd28
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

f50p90

i'm playing the 360 thatt i bought with my own money right now yes :D too bad your parents wont buy you more than one

Im sitting in a house that I own right now... I understand the value of a dollar... I don't have a crackly voice and a paper route. I actually live in the real world. So, no there won't be a second console for me anytime soon, I have more important things to spend my salary on. You'll understand someday son... enjoy your childhood while you can.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
Wii is apparently the console that people want.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]

[QUOTE="TheXboxgamer73"]If I said something like "All Xbox games are better than Wii games no matter what!", that would be fanboyish. And not to say that Super Smash and Mario Kart aren't fun games in their own right, can you not see in the slightest bit that they are rehashes? Aside from graphics and maybe some new stages, they are the same exact games they were back on the Nintendo 64. I'm not willing to pay $250 because this new version has motorcycles. Take another game for example, Resident Evil 4. I beat it roughly 5 or 6 times, and loved it to death, but re-releasing it and calling it a reason to own the Wii is ridiculous. TheXboxgamer73

SSBB

Coherent adventure mode

all star mode

level creator

35 characters

360 songs

25 levels

Spectator mode

Ran at 60 FPS

Your definition of a sequel would be like calling Metal Gear Solid 3 a sequel to Metal Gear 2 if they made the game run smoother, added some new background music, and added a bonus character. My point is that even with new features, the beef of Smash Bros gameplay hasn't really changed a bit. The adventure mode is a joke in that game. And lo and behold that spectator mode, because nothing more fun than playing a game is watching it being played by the computer. Most sequels bring entire new adventures to the table, not a new character and some music.

Why would they change the core mechanic of something thats worked well for them in the past ?? That would be incredibly stupid. You contradicted yourself by saying the adventure mode is a joke (the BRAND NEW adventure mode) and then saying "bring in an entire new adventures to the table"

Sub space emmisary Is brand new seeing as the other super smash bro's didnt have that much of a robust adventure in either.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I care about all console sales.

More sales=more support=more games.

I care because I'm not some fanboy having a tissy fit.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 f50p90

Im sitting in a house that I own right now... I understand the value of a dollar... I don't have a crackly voice and a paper route. I actually live in the real world. So, no there won't be a second console for me anytime soon, I have more important things to spend my salary on. You'll understand someday son... enjoy your childhood while you can.

colmusterd28
So why exactly are you claiming to be a 'gamer' and downplaying a console that you dont own. If you have got a salary and a home, and money to spend on a hobbie, why not invest in that hobbie and keep your mouth shut. still all I see from you is fanboy rants :lol: trying to downplay the Wii and the PS3. If the reason you don't have them is because you cant afford them right now, then none of your arguments hold a lot of weight right now
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

I don't care about any sales, because good sales don't necessarily lead to good games, and vice versa. I think sales are the weakest form of ownage anybody can use in system wars, and I only support their use for defensive purposes. Otherwise they're completely meaningless to me as a gamer.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Bigboi500

My point is, relax bro, the discussion boils down to if 50 people are calling for "ownage" as to why the wii is the second coming of jesus because of sales than I'm one of the 50 who's just trying to infuse a little real world in to the conversation. Do you deny that the wii's heavy sales are due large in part to the fact that "non gamers" are buying it like crazy?

colmusterd28

You have no point. You bash something you don't own and games you have not played, and then condescendingly refer to Wii owners in a broad scoop as little girls, casuals and grandmas? It's embarrassing imo to bash and hate something you have no knowledge of and frankly makes gamers in general look pretty stupid and shallow.

You like the 360, that's fine, I do to, but to say that Mass Effect is better than the entire Wii library is a little uninformed honestly. I've played games on both systems and can say from experience that they are both great. If you don't like the Wii that's fine too but you have no credibilty claiming the games are no good.

Last gen the PS2 was in the exact same boat with casuals buying up the system and despite what some fanbabies will say it is the exact same thing. The PS2 had tons of crapware and great games, so does the Wii. I know guys who own the Wii for the good games like me and I know lots of casuals who own a 360 and just play online shooters because it's the "in" thing to do and we all know that's what casuals do, go for what's popular. My point is that you make yourself look ignorant stereotyping people and consoles.