SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45251 Posts

If there is one thing Wii U gave me it's Bayonetta 2. One of the best action games ever. The Wii U also gave us the best and maybe last Smash Bros game. The Wii U also gave us a chance to play Wii games with arguably the last true backwards compatible console. It also has one of the most underrated controllers with the pro controller. Phenomenal battery life (controller). And last, it gave me the opportunity to play Zelda games I didn't get to finish in a nicer framerate. So overall, I do like my Wii U. What about you, SW? Do you own one?

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

I really liked my wii u, I bought it around launch and sold it a few months after Smash Bros release.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

The Wii U is worth the admission for Super Mario Maker alone. Easily a top 10 GOAT for me.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I do, I got Bayonetta 2 with the first game included for $5, still haven't played either.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

You do understand that there are wii u emulators right that do up to 4k and even VR for free right ???

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

I have one - its ok.

Shame Nintendo gave up on it 2 years after launch.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Own it, dont really have much affection for it. Pretty much only watch youtube on it

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I have one, but I never use it. Nintendo would have to go really out of their way to ever make a system that's worse than the Wii U.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I love it a lot, but its two screen with touch function can be frustrating at times. Sometimes i want to play just on the Gamepad, but the game wont let me. I have to go through my library and see which i feel like playing depending on how im using it. I dont like using stylus, i use my thumbs or fingers, so i have to keep my screen cleaned a lot.

But the games i still love to death. Ive played and bought more Wii U games than i did 3DS and Wii/DS. I just cant stop playing it. I also cant stop using it to watch Youtube shows, Amazon Prime, and Netflix. I keep it by my bed and fall asleep to it. Sometimes i even play music like Donkey Kong, Xenoblade, Kirby, etc while i sleep.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

I got one, it has a few gems, no regrets getting one. It was unfortunate nonetheless to watch Nintendo work hard to garner some respect for it, then the moment people were celebrating the Wii U for turning things around, it's like Nintendo threw in the towel like it's already time to be planning for their next system.

Anyhow, first Pikmin game I played was Pikmin 3 on Wii U, loved it. Mario Kart 8 really felt like a big step forward for the series. I loved Hyrule Warriors, dare I'd say maybe the Wii U's definitive Legend of Zelda game even though it's third party. Nintendo helped fund Bayonetta 2 and it was excellent, Wonderful 101 wasn't bad either. Never did play Wind Waker either so that was fresh for me too even if it was a re-release. New Super Mario Bros was great, so was Mario 3D World and Captain Toad, but nothing revolutionary, nothing that felt as fresh as Mario Galaxy did on the Wii, but excellent nonetheless.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I don't own one yet, will get one in a few months, it's got enough games I would like to play to justify the purchase.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#12 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

I own it and like some of the games on it. Pikmin 3 is my favorite Pikmin and Smash Bros. and Mario Kart might be the best of their respective series. Super Mario Maker is quite amazing as well.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Its garbage. I don't own garbage other than my ps4.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dynamitecop

@silversix_ said:

Glad you can admit PS4 is garbage.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69786 Posts

I do not like the WiiU. I wish that all of the games I have played on it were on a more capable console.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

No i don't own one, decided to wait for their console, still craving for Bayonetta 2 tho ...they must port that gem to the Switch

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Yes, and yes. I'm still missing a good half dozen games from those released. It boggles my mind how the Wii U gets an insane amount of quality first party software in it's short time on the market, but does shit commercially, and two other consoles, barely able to put out a quality first party game every 6 months can do so well.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By silversix_

@dynamitecop said:
@silversix_ said:

yeah, that's the difference between a person that wears fanboy goggles and one that isn't.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dynamitecop

@silversix_ said:
@dynamitecop said:
@silversix_ said:

yeah, that's the difference between a person that wears fanboy goggles and one that isn't.

Hey, you're the one who called your PS4 garbage.

"I don't own garbage other than my ps4"

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 silversix_

@dynamitecop said:
@silversix_ said:
@dynamitecop said:
@silversix_ said:

Hey, you're the one who called your PS4 garbage.

"I don't own garbage other than my ps4"

Now you're just insulting my console of choice.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

No, I don't like the WiiU.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

BC and Zelda games are really it for me. Bayo 2 as well. I don't get into Smash, Mario, Kirby, Cap Toad etc. Splatoon I would enjoy as well. So unless this console hits $150 I wont be owning it again.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

I've owned one in the past... but I got rid of it. But I've missed it ever since :(

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

It's a Smash machine with benefits for me. I don't regret my purchase.

I don't have W101, Bayo2 and Mario Maker yet.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I love the Wii U a lot and still play it.

• Pikmin 3 is the strongest Pikmin game in the series
  • Super Mario 3D World is definitely the best 3D platformer I've ever played
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze matches the quality of the greatest 2D platformer ever created (DKCR)
  • Bayonetta 2 is among the strongest Hack n Slash games money can buy

I've put a lot of hours in those games. There's still a ton to do in all of them.

Wind Waker HD, Mario Maker, New Super Mario Bros. U, The Wonderful 101, and Smash Bros. are all excellent as well.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

I liked its games. The gamepad, over time, became more displeasing to the point that I now want to snap it in half. I also think Miiverse is garbage.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dynamitecop

To any of the collector's out there, I would snatch up a Wii U and any games you can though in all honesty, it's no doubt going to be highly valuable and sought after commodity in coming years.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

I liked the concept. But not enough software to justify owning one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

While I do have some criticism of it like for it's crappy online service, overall, I love my Wii U. I have all of the current gen consoles and I enjoy my Wii U the most.

The Wii U has an excellent library of exclusive games that I could not get anywhere else. Plus, I can play all of my favorite games from every single past Nintendo console on my Wii U; I love booting up my Wii U and being able to play Nintendo's entire history from NES to SNES to N64 to Gamecube to Wii to Wii U all on this one machine. I can even play through this history with official Nintendo produced SNES and Gamecube controllers and after the NES Classic is released next month, I'll have an official NES controller to use with my Wii U as well.

I love my Wii U so much that I'm even planning to buy a second Wii U for Black Friday to serve as a backup in case my current Wii U ever breaks since I strongly expect that the Wii U will become a highly valuable console and prices for it will skyrocket after Nintendo stops production of it next year, and given that I can play Nintendo's entire history on this one machine plus excellent exclusives that can't be found anywhere else, I already know that this is a console that I will probably always keep hooked up to my TV.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Yes and yes, can't wait for the Switch

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#31 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I like the Wii U, I'm it has some really good games and in the end of the day games are what really matters.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#32 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I have a Wii U, I quite thoroughly enjoy it.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Own one. It really could've been better.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

I own one. I definitely like it. Xenoblade Chronicles X is the best game I've played this year. ZombiU is oddly enough one of my favorite survival horror titles of all time (even though it's not technically an exclusive); it's also the only WiiU game where I enjoy the gamepad use. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World are the best platformers to come out this generation.

I also like that it gave me access to the Wii library, as I never owned a Wii. Having access to the original Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword have all made owning a WiiU worth it for me.

Yeah it could do with some more 3rd party support for sure. And I don't really care for the gamepad. But for the most part, yes, I like it.

KK_Slider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KK_Slider
Member since 2016 • 62 Posts

Yeah I like it a lot. Have around 30 retail games for it.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

sold it. worst console i've ever owned.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Yeah, still own one.

Bayo 2 was most definitely the main attraction, one of my favorite games this gen easily. Aside from that it had a handful of other good/decent exclusives.

It's easily been my favorite console this gen, but that isn't really saying much at all since I still think it's kind of a shit console.

I'll probably keep it around even after the Switch comes out though. Bayo 2, Mario Maker, and backwards compatibility are things I'll enjoy for years to come.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts
@m_machine024 said:

I don't have W101, Bayo2 and Mario Maker yet.

I'd say correct all these as they're all cool games, but definitely don't skip Bayo 2. I think it's one of the few games this gen that is an absolute must play.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#39 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Own one and loved it. Actually use it a lot more than my PS4.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#40 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Don't own one and not planning to, and this is coming from a Nintendo fan. Nintendo really dropped the ball this time...lackluster first party games, no third party support, inferior hardware, and a gimmicky tablet controller add up to a horrible console in my book. With that said, Switch looks infinitely better so far.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

i paid 50 quid for the actual console when i got it (using a combination of deals in gamestop and from nintendo). so in the end its certainly earned its keep. some great games like bayonetta 1 and 2, mario kart 8 and the wonderful Xenoblade X.

but its not nintendo at its best. its no snes, GC, DS or wii. the central gimmick was barely used. very well integrated on a system level but never well used. even nintendos output hasnt been its best. some great games but quite a few duds too.

then there are some very un-nintendo parts of the system. its slow as in navigating its menus and stuff is slow). loading times in games are just not nintendo quick.

its not an awful system. if you like nintendo games or games from japan then there is a lot there. but its not the most interesting console either and was a wasted opportunity.

with rumours that the switch wont have BC with anything though the wii u could be worth a pick up as itll be able to play tons of games from most of nintendos systems (the gc, oddly, being left out. though it has metroid prime trilogy so thats the GCs finest covered).

but yeah...i would be annoyed if i paid full whack for it at launch. but i got my moneys worth in the end and its a solid system. its just, from nintendo, i dont expect solid. i expect to be surprised.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Two games in the past year are all I have found worthy: Color Splash and Woolly World

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: TO keep it short ...

Wii U as a product is overpriced , it always was. So no. Price wise , value wise , capabilities wise , library wise .. a big NO.

Now , from whole library , im into only 3 games. Zelda , thats isnt out yet , Bayonetta 2 and main Mario games. 3 games ( 2 to be precise ) ? NO , no and no !

Thats why im renting Nintendo consoles since N64 era with the games i want ( are not that many either way ) and saving money for something with value and with bright future ahead , aka not end up a dust collector.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

Own one and love it. I've had more fun with the games on WiiU over the twins. Like all three systems but, for me, nothing beats the quality of Nintendo games and their fun factor. Plus there's so much more couch multiplayer, great for playing when friends are over.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I own one, and play it every so often. Lots of good first party games to play. Sadly the third part sucks. Nintendo really dropped the ball on the Wii-U. Hopefully they learned their lesson in regards to the Switch. Which I am looking forward to.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I got a WiiU, never use it though. Didn't really like Beyonetta 2 enough to finish it either.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Bought one this year (and own fifteen retail games, not including my MK8 bundle). My reception on it is about the same as my opinion on Jackie Chan and Jet Li's Forbidden Kingdom. Could be better, but to say I'm not having fun with it is a complete lie.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26105 Posts

Most played home console, since the other two are utterly worthless with a gaming PC. Still has the best games of the generation so far, but not the best Nintendo system as their output has been really heavy on 2D platformers for it, which is not my kind of thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#49 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

I have one.

It's my favourite console next to the XBOX 360. Hardware wise, of course, the tablet controller didn't turn out well, with even first and second-party games not making use of it. A lot of the time the gamepad is just something that turns on automatically when I boot the system with the Pro controller.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

I have one. I like the exclusives for it that's Nintendo's thing. Xenoblade is my favorite on the system it's a beautiful game and has a long story and isn't too weebooish