Do you like Infinite Warfare?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GafRefugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 GafRefugee
Member since 2016 • 22 Posts

It's the best COD campaign and the worst multiplayer. In fact, I would say it's one of the best single player experiences this year. But with Titanfall 2, Overwatch and BF1 around, the multiplayer gets lost in the mix.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@gafrefugee said:

It's the best COD campaign and the worst multiplayer. In fact, I would say it's one of the best single player experiences this year. But with Titanfall 2, Overwatch and BF1 around, the multiplayer gets lost in the mix.

This guy...

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@ninjaxams said:

i thought the single player was great, best we've seen since mw2 honestly.

thats not saying much. Modern warfare actually started more and more of handholding SP games.

Loading Video...

and this game is no different.

there is nothing wrong with a game having strong narrative gameplay and to be fair, recent call of dutys have featured more open ended level design. hell, at least infinity ward provided you with a decent story unlike what ID gave us with doom 2016. then again, you claim cod4 was nothing special, the hell do you know?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25083 Posts

@ninjaxams said:

there is nothing wrong with a game having strong narrative gameplay and to be fair, recent call of dutys have featured more open ended level design. hell, at least infinity ward provided you with a decent story unlike what ID gave us with doom 2016. then again, you claim cod4 was nothing special, the hell do you know?

1. No body played Doom for storyline. people play for its level design and shooting horde of demons. and the fact is there is not a single bad Doom game unlike COD.

2. 10 years ago. when COD4 was released. it was heavily scripted, linear, regen health, rely on hand holding. it was just COD2 with modern skin. everything is heavily scripted.

Loading Video...

you cant even open the door. only NPC can do. my friend, I didnot even found COD1 and 2 anything special but just fun games. let alone modern warfare to onwards.

3. Doom 2016 is best AAA FPS I have played since Half life 2. its incredible, masterpiece and sum up how to make FPS. it show id Software was and still king of FPS genre. it doesnot have slow gameplay, iron sight, regen health, cover system or any terrible modern mechanic that ruined FPS genre in last decade.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#55 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Been slowly making my way through the campaign. This is indeed the worst main stream COD ever made. It really is pure garbage. I should have bought BF1 instead of this.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I haven't played a CoD game since the first. From my perspective, Infinite Warfare is a fresh start. It's not WW2 or modern warfare. If it's shallow? Oh well. A shallow game never stopped me from liking it so long as it's fun.

How long is the SP? If it's as long as say, Doom 2016 which lasted me well past 30 hours, I might buy it. Even if it's shorter like Metro 2033 Redux, I may still buy it.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@ninjaxams said:

1. No body played Doom for storyline. people play for its level design and shooting horde of demons. and the fact is there is not a single bad Doom game unlike COD.

2. 10 years ago. when COD4 was released. it was heavily scripted, linear, regen health, rely on hand holding. it was just COD2 with modern skin. everything is heavily scripted.

Loading Video...

you cant even open the door. only NPC can do. my friend, I didnot even found COD1 and 2 anything special but just fun games. let alone modern warfare to onwards.

3. Doom 2016 is best AAA FPS I have played since Half life 2. its incredible, masterpiece and sum up how to make FPS. it show id Software was and still king of FPS genre. it doesnot have slow gameplay, iron sight, regen health, cover system or any terrible modern mechanic that ruined FPS genre in last decade.

your passing off personal preference as some gold standard for how all shooters should be made, which in itself is kinda ridiculous. theres is absolutely nothing wrong with call of duty single players, in fact, they are some of the finest crafted, most exciting campaigns in the whole genre. there are a few stinkers, the whole black ops series for example, but as a whole they feature some great single player experiences. they are the 80s action movies of video games which is something most folks should be able to appreciate. if the best thing you've got is not being able to open some doors then you can take that argument elsewhere.

if you want to get down to it, doom 2016 is repetitive as hell. its solid and features some great sound design, but really, how many times can you rip out a cacodemons eye out before it gets old. doom 2016 is seriously lacking in variety from a gameplay perspective. its far from a masterpiece imo and perhaps the best part about it aside the sound design is its level design, which was as far as i'm concerned decent at best.

whats the point of that video anyway? some people prefer open world ish shooters like crysis to more linear shooters like cod? well no shit. all your arguments boil down to nothing but preference and nothing more.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#58  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25083 Posts

@ninjaxams said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@ninjaxams said:

Loading Video...

your passing off personal preference as some gold standard for how all shooters should be made, which in itself is kinda ridiculous. theres is absolutely nothing wrong with call of duty single players, in fact, they are some of the finest crafted, most exciting campaigns in the whole genre. there are a few stinkers, the whole black ops series for example, but as a whole they feature some great single player experiences. they are the 80s action movies of video games which is something most folks should be able to appreciate. if the best thing you've got is not being able to open some doors then you can take that argument elsewhere.

if you want to get down to it, doom 2016 is repetitive as hell. its solid and features some great sound design, but really, how many times can you rip out a cacodemons eye out before it gets old. doom 2016 is seriously lacking in variety from a gameplay perspective. its far from a masterpiece imo and perhaps the best part about it aside the sound design is its level design, which was as far as i'm concerned decent at best.

whats the point of that video anyway? some people prefer open world ish shooters like crysis to more linear shooters like cod? well no shit. all your arguments boil down to nothing but preference and nothing more.

my dear friend, linear =/= bad. I take linear shooter over boring far cry type games anyday but the problem of COD is not linearity. its scriptness where you cant explore or do anything and just follow order.

if Doom is repetetive than what is COD? how many times you shoot same soldier over and over again? Doom has enemy types unlike COD which have same terrorist over and over again. and like you describe its level design which is incredible. COD has no level design and rely on set pieces. go there, cinematic, go there, cinematic. rinse and repeat.

anyways, wanna play game from COD developer? play Titanfall 2. now thats a great game. and by far best thing these guys has done since MOH allied assault.