Do you have faith in Xbox One's 1st party outside of the big three (Halo, Gears, Forza)?

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45110 Posts

I honestly don't. There just hasn't been a project they have worked on that has been as great or influential as those games. Sea of Thieves is being made by a Rare that isn't the Rare that we grew up with. The Crackdown games aren't really known for their critical ratings. Fable is dead. And I don't really know much else about MS first party outside of that. Do you think there's a reason to believe, SW?

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Lol no. Even the holy M$ trinity of HaloGearsForza is pretty mediocre right now. The xbox brand is practically irrelevant. Only Forza is somehow still relevant but it's also on PC so the xbone is mostly useless as a gaming machine.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@dakur said:

Lol no. Even the holy M$ trinity of HaloGearsForza is pretty mediocre right now. The xbox brand is practically irrelevant. Only Forza is somehow still relevant but it's also on PC so the xbone is mostly useless as a gaming machine.

You really got nothing better to do than spout your nonsense.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dakur
@commander said:
@dakur said:

Us manticores only spread the unbiased truth that helps further improve gaming. A consequence of this is that lems like you become butthurt but the Truth can't please everybody, sorry.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@commander: You shouldn't respond to him, he's a garbage troll and relies on people like you to fuel him, let him go, the sooner people ignore him, the sooner he becomes even more irrelevant then he is now and he will just disappear.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dakur

@i_p_daily said:

@commander: xbone is irrelevant

Fixed

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

GOAT!!!

More than nuff said. :P

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Of course I do. I even have faith in $ony with their reshashed over and over Gran Turismo/Uncharted/Killzone milking.

As a manticore, I embrace all the plastic.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@dakur said:
@i_p_daily said:

@commander: dakur is irrelevant

Fixed

Â

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dakur

@thedork_knight said:
@dakur said:
@i_p_daily said:

Fixed

Â

Your fix has been canceled by M$

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kvally

@thedork_knight said:
@dakur said:
@i_p_daily said:

@commander: dakur is irrelevant

Fixed

Â

Irrelevant like all the closed up $ony Studios. I wouldn't be surprised if $ony closes up Polyphony soon, as that studio is a lost cause.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I personally only think their Turn 10 studio is a gem.

The rest is usually meh. But that is only my worthless opinion

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Well, their first party lineup can't be worse than the switch's entire first year lineup so there's that I guess

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 commander

@i_p_daily said:

@commander: You shouldn't respond to him, he's a garbage troll and relies on people like you to fuel him, let him go, the sooner people ignore him, the sooner he becomes even more irrelevant then he is now and he will just disappear.

Well thanks for the heads up , he actually fooled me

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I am one of the only Lems on this board.

I believe that Sea of Thieves will be a fun game that either Peter Brown or Mahardy will give a 6/10 , here at Gamespot.

I honestly believe they grew up on a diet of weaboo, jrpg's and shit I did not and it effects their reviews, now. They have a habit of scoring PS games above the industry average; Xbox games Below the industry average.

When a game like Recore gets a ballpark score similar to GS, fine. We get it. When Gravity Rush 2 gets a 9/10 on Gamespot/81/100 on Metacritic; its indicative of what the reviewers at Gamespot like to play. The last Guardian also got a 9/10 but is an 82/100 at Meta. It is quite obvious, when Mahardy said, "I am not excited by Gears of War gameplay anymore" on the Lobby, after Gears Ultimate came out.

So, what does Gamespot do? Give this guy Gears 4 to review. If you, or you Mr. Mahardy, think I am lying, by all means look it up.

Why aske someone whom does not like the basic gameplay loop of a franchise, to review another installment?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

While I do generally think that Xbox has by far the weakest first party of the three, right now, Sea of Thieves is currently my most anticipated game across all platforms, so yes, I have faith.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Not really, it's pretty much a HaloGearsForza box.

Outside of the holy trinity, here's what MS has offered us since 2011

2011 - Kinect games

2012 - Kinect games

2013 - Kinect games, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct

2014 - Kinect games, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive

2015 - Ori

2016 - Quantum Break, Dead Rising 4

2017 looks a bit better with Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves and maybe Crackdown 3

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I'm interested to see how Sea of Thieves pans out- if there's enough stuff to do in it I'm sure that would be fun.

But no not really XD

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Do they even have a first party outside of those games though lol? You cant have faith in something that doesnt exist.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Nope, especially since they axed Fable from the rotation. A new MechAssault would be a little refreshing, but even though I thought they were ok, I remember people here and in the real world bashing it for being weak compared to the mainline MechWarrior games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I believe in Fable :(

Please make a Fable 4, MS!

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#22  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Yes because I play games not GS scores.

Saying this after having played games like ReCore and Quantum Break that really aren't as terrible as cows here make them out to be. I'm not a big single rpg player and finally got QB and it's decent.

I also got to play Sea of Thieves and it's also fun.

MS doesn't really have exclusives anymore besides the big titles, but I also like what they have done with the preview program and play anywhere. I've enjoyed playing Ark, Elite Dangerous which has a huge community on Xbox. Yes they are on or are coming to PS4 too but the preview program lets them come out sooner (1 year ahead) and with Scorpio Xbox will get a big bump in PC games. So while they aren't exclusives it's still more games.

Having been a PC gamer primarily that has drifted to consoles for convenience, that's more important to me than huge first party exclusives. If MS gets a Steam app on Scorpio like I think the will that lets me play my existing Steam library exclusives won't matter to me at all.

And I get that some PS gamers think that the upcoming Sony lineup is the end all be all, but as a person that doesn't like anime or jrpgs, it's not really offering a lot more for my tastes. The games that made me want a PS like EQ Next got cancelled and if it's about multiplats or VR Scorpio will do both better.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@dakur said:
@commander said:
@dakur said:

Us manticores only spread the unbiased truth that helps further improve gaming. A consequence of this is that lems like you become butthurt but the Truth can't please everybody, sorry.

you are not a manticore LOL

Anyways, hell yeah I got faith.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

lolno.

Nothing they've done this gen gives us any reason to believe they have anything outside HaloGearsForza. They've been releasing nothing but flops every time they try to deviate from those three, and even Halo and Gears are on a decline.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@dakur said:
@thedork_knight said:
@dakur said:
@i_p_daily said:

Fixed

Â

Your fix has been canceled by M$

lol rekt

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Not at all sadly. Microsoft's 1st party track record is pretty poor overall. They've shown no signs of improvements in that area.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I barely have faith IN the "big 3", never mind anything else.

Gears was one of my favorite new IP's last gen, but 4 was trash, especially with all it's Micro-transaction nonsense.

Halo also has been pretty poor since 4, not as bad as Gears, but still not great. I do still have faith left for Halo Wars 2 though, the first was great, and I really hope the second will be too. It's got a good developer behind it, so here's hoping.

Forza, it's probably the best of the three, but I just don't care about realistic racing games. Give me something with a bit of excitement, like Mario Kart.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@commander:

Dude is just a troll LOL. Just learn to walk over the bridge and don't look down at him.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@charizard1605:

@charizard1605 said:

I believe in Fable :(

Please make a Fable 4, MS!

That would be great, and not that stupid Fable Legends they tried to pass on us but a real sequel.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Absolutely, F/H/G are as polished as can be in the gameplay department imo and any company who is responsible for putting out such amazing games on the market, and other cool lower-profile titles in the past such as Ori and the Blind forest, I will look forward to what else they can do in the future.

This is a very volatile, cut-throat industry and I hope to see more good stuff come out from them this year with more variety, I wish them good luck and hopefully we will not get any more nasty surprises like the Scalebound cancellation. In the meantime, I'm in no hurry and have tons of great games to play at this time.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@me2002 said:

2011 - Kinect games

2012 - Kinect games

2015 - Ori

Truth

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dakur

@me2002 said:

2011 - Kinect games

2012 - Kinect games

2015 - Ori

Gosh that is one of the saddest things I've ever seen. No wonder lems live in a constant state of butthurt. So much abuse... poor furry fellows... they are outside of gaming but trying to belong somehow. Torturous existence. For your own good lems, get a PS4 and be finally happy. Us gamers will guide you and take care of you.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Although I hope they provide a bit more variety in their future titles and we see more games like Ori, MS's first party games from their main studios are usually top notch. And although people usually put shit on Forza/Halo/Gears (usually by cows), they are always top-notch releases that sell well. And for me personally, they are very important to me (especially Forza and Halo)... and everything else is a bonus.

But I do hope that Rare's other games that they're rumored to be working on too are something cool... and SP focused. Like a new Banjo or Perfect Dark would be cool.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I trust Turn 10 and Playground Games as they produce quality racer after quality racer. The rest, not so much. Halo 5 was decent at best and there are better shooters out there imo. I was never a Gears fan and I don't think Coalition taking it over is going to change that.

Not saying any of their franchises are bad, they just don't stand out in the same way they did during the OG Xbox and 360 generations, with the exception of Forza/Horizon.

Cuphead also looks fantastic, but I'm not sure if that is first party or just an exclusive deal.

MS can pull out some good games (Ori) but puts too much focus on series that are past their prime imo.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

I believe that Sea of Thieves will be a fun game that either Peter Brown or Mahardy will give a 6/10 , here at Gamespot.

I honestly believe they grew up on a diet of weaboo, jrpg's and shit I did not and it effects their reviews, now. They have a habit of scoring PS games above the industry average; Xbox games Below the industry average.

When a game like Recore gets a ballpark score similar to GS, fine. We get it. When Gravity Rush 2 gets a 9/10 on Gamespot/81/100 on Metacritic; its indicative of what the reviewers at Gamespot like to play. The last Guardian also got a 9/10 but is an 82/100 at Meta. It is quite obvious, when Mahardy said, "I am not excited by Gears of War gameplay anymore" on the Lobby, after Gears Ultimate came out.

So, what does Gamespot do? Give this guy Gears 4 to review. If you, or you Mr. Mahardy, think I am lying, by all means look it up.

Why aske someone whom does not like the basic gameplay loop of a franchise, to review another installment?

Japanese lovebabybackballbaglovingbullshit.

Some Japanese developed games for PS4 (1st 3 are Sony)-

• Gravity Rush Remasterd - Gamespot = 7 / Meta = 80
  • Knack - Gamespot = 4 / Meta = 54
  • The Tomorrow Children - Gamespot = 3 / Meta = 54
  • World of Final Fantasy - Gamespot = 6 / Meta = 79
  • Tales of Zesteria - Gamespot = 6 / Meta = 72
  • Star Ocean - Gamespot = 5 / Meta = 58
  • Sword Art Online HR - Gamespot = 5 / Meta = 69

I'm not even sure if Gamespot even reviewed half of the Japanese games that he PS4 had over the Xbone in 2016 , lol. They must be understaffed or not weab enough!

Some other 'Sony' games -

• TLoU Remasterd - Gamespot = 8 / Meta = 95
  • Flower - Gamespot = 8 / Meta = 91
  • Driveclub - Gamespot = 5 / Meta = 71
  • The Order 1886 - Gamespot = 5 / Meta = 63
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 - Gamespot = 7 / Meta = 79
  • Fat Princess Adventures - Gamespot = 5 / Meta = 63
  • Shadow of the Beast - Gamespot = 5 / Meta = 64
  • Until Dawn Rush of Blood - Gamespot = 6 / Meta = 72
  • RIGS - Gamespot = 6 / Meta = 78

There are more that don't work out in Gamespot's favor for Cows like Driveclub Bikes or inFAMOUS First Light , and more that do work out like Counterspy or The Unfinished Swan . It all seems to balance out somewhat.

Keep in mind that Gamespot (stupidly) took out the .5 scoring option , so if they wanted to give Gravity Rush 2 an 8.5 instead of a 9 for example , they can't. We are stuck with a crappy scoring scale. The only thing worse is the 5 point scale where they don't give half stars or whatever (Giantbomb , lol)

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Yeah I would like to see more efforts in the solo adventure game front as well. They focused a lot on online and Esports, and that is great for me however I also like to play some nice single player stuff when I can. Are you getting RE7 by the way? Been a while for me I haven't played a game like that, should be good!(I hope)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

This post bring back to me some painful memories to me about tom mctroll and TLOU.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@hrt_rulz01: Yeah I would like to see more efforts in the solo adventure game front as well. They focused a lot on online and Esports, and that is great for me however I also like to play some nice single player stuff when I can. Are you getting RE7 by the way? Been a while for me I haven't played a game like that, should be good!(I hope)

Yeah, SP focused games are definitely an area where Sony's studios excel... and I hope MS doesn't head down a MP-focused path (Sea of Thieves would be sooooo awesome if it had a campaign I reckon - who knows, maybe in the future).

As for RE7, not sure yet. It's never been a series that I've spent much time in... but I might give 7 a try. One day. Lol.

I just finished Dead Rising 4, which was really cool, and now I've started Skyrim (picked it up cheap). Very addicting! Giving me a lot of Witcher vibes, which is cool.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

What first party? You mean Rare? Because that is literally the only studio not tied down to Halo, Gears or Forza.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kvally

@Nike_Air said:
@cainetao11 said:

I'm not even sure if Gamespot even reviewed half of the Japanese games that he PS4 had over the Xbone in 2016 , lol. They must be understaffed or not weab enough!

There are more that don't work out in Gamespot's favor for Cows like Driveclub Bikes or inFAMOUS First Light , and more that do work out like Counterspy or The Unfinished Swan . It all seems to balance out somewhat.

Keep in mind that Gamespot (stupidly) took out the .5 scoring option , so if they wanted to give Gravity Rush 2 an 8.5 instead of a 9 for example , they can't. We are stuck with a crappy scoring scale. The only thing worse is the 5 point scale where they don't give half stars or whatever (Giantbomb , lol)

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Besides Halo/Gear/Forza, their first party exclusive lineup is weak: Quantum Break, Halo Wars, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves ... none interests me. If I get an XB1 as a gift, the only exclusive game I'd play is ... Ryse: Son of Rome :) In previous gens, I was a manticore, own PS360/Will but this gen I only go with PS4 and maybe Switch.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@dakur said:

The problem with those franchises outside of Forza is that original developer is no longer working on them. The people that first conceived of the Halo and Gears concepts are no longer there to steer those franchises in the right directions. Bunige understood what the Halo "magic" was. The 343 titles feel like cheap imitators by comparison. Same for Gears.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Nope but Sea of Thieves has potential to be interesting.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

lolno, for starters you barely have any reason to believe in the big 3 going forward.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 commander

@Nike_Air said:
@cainetao11 said:

Don't worry cain you're far from the only one.

That's a bunch of indie games, remasters, games no one heard of, little big planet and the order.

Oh yeah and shadow of the beast, I didn't like it in eighties either.

He was talking about the big names of course, any big name gets massive scores on gamespot and xbox exclusive low scores, but the user scores tell a different story.

Professional reviews are good to get an idea what the game is about, but once the user scores and review poor in you get a much better picture than just that one review. Heck most reviews nowadays come later than the user reviews making it pretty much redundant.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@commander said:
@dakur said:

Well he does have a point. how long can MS keep up wth halogears and forza franchise. Even though I found forza horizion fun, the halo and gear franchise are total borefest. No wonder they flopped this gen. I hope sea of thieve is at least somewhat fun, because that is the game I'm waiting for, but sadly it will be for the Windows.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

I have little faith in all honesty, Forza is the only one banking on, and theres only so long I can drive cars around for. This Sea Of Thieves looks solid, but outside of that, what is there? Crackdown? First one was ok, second was meh. Sony's 1st party is light years ahead at this stage. I'm expecting a few tricks up MS sleeve, well hopefully, otherwise XBOX might as well write this gen off. Scorpio isn't enough to save it

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 commander

@daredevils2k said:
@commander said:

Well he does have a point. how long can MS keep up wth halogears and forza franchise. Even though I found forza horizion fun, the halo and gear franchise are total borefest. No wonder they flopped this gen. I hope sea of thieve is at least somewhat fun, because that is the game I'm waiting for, but sadly it will be for the Windows.

There's a lot more to xbox than just halo gears and forza

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

At this stage, even my eyes are tired of seeing Halo, Forza, Gears as a title. They should abandon them for 5-7 years but that's not happening because without the three, Xbox as a whole has nothing else but a 4k bluray player.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@kvally said:

Of course I do. I even have faith in $ony with their reshashed over and over Gran Turismo/Uncharted/Killzone milking.

As a manticore, I embrace all the plastic.

you tried but not even you could damage control your way out of this one.

You are probably worst then mems now.