Do you feel like Ubisoft gets a pass, compared to other big companies?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Ubisoft has a bad history of falsely marketing their games, rushed yearly realeases, and just ruining franchises. But they seem to not get nearly as much flak as the other big devs.

Konami, EA, and Capcom have gotten hella backlash from gamers with numerous articles, boycotts, and videos based on how crap they are. Ubisoft has somehow avoided this, although they are one of the worst. I have and honestly still do look forward to so many of their games and it always goes the same way. People still remember wen Watchdogs was first shown and how hyped everyone was, and then the game came out and it was nothing like it was shown to be. Watch dogs 2 looks good, but I honestly do not trust them. We all were excited when we saw Ghost Recon Wild lands last year, and now it looks like crap.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Not really, they fit right in with them. I see them no different then other companies who want to rehash their content.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

Ubisoft gets trashed all the time. not sure if you live under a rock or something. The only one that gets a pass all the time is Sony

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

Ubisoft gets trashed all the time. not sure if you live under a rock or something. The only one that gets a pass all the time is Sony

^ this

Avatar image for cinematicgalore
CinematicGalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CinematicGalore
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

@darkangel115: No truer words have been spoken. Cows will sooner eat trash mouth open than rebel against their Lord Master, Shu Yoshitia.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

This is pretty much true.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@cinematicgalore: Sony Rehash where? They have tons of ip while microsoft rely on forza, gears, and halo almost exclusively.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Mercenary848: The big difference, I feel, between Ubisoft and EA is that in order to get their games out on time, Ubisoft cuts quality, EA cuts content.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#11 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

Not really, they fit right in with them. I see them no different then other companies who want to rehash their content.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

That's odd, I see them getting trashed all the time.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@darkangel115: Run!

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

No, they get too much hate actually......ASS games were great until they milked them to death, Watch Dogs was fun, Far Cry games are fun too!

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

They get their share of criticism, but many gamers give them far too many chances. Especially even after something like Watch Dogs.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

They're the most picked on company after EA. Hell, I'd say they've had to eat more shit this gen that EA has.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

OMG the pathetic within these posts are substantial.

All the trash talking Sony gets on these forums alone proves you both to be pathetic haters.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DragonfireXZ95

@lamprey263 said:

They're the most picked on company after EA. Hell, I'd say they've had to eat more shit this gen that EA has.

I think they are worse this gen than EA is. But, Battlefield is my bread and butter, so I may be kind of biased.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

If there is any dev team that gets a free pass it's Bethesda. Endless bugs but people don't seem to care or they say it's part of the "charm".

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darkangel115

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

All the trash talking Sony gets on these forums alone proves you both to be pathetic haters.

Sure the lemmings here do that, but overall Sony is hardly criticized. The main difference is on an overall Sony is hardly criticized and heavily defended by their fans, where as lemmings wont blindy defend MS

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@darkangel115 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

Sure the lemmings here do that, but overall Sony is hardly criticized. The main difference is on an overall Sony is hardly criticized and heavily defended by their fans, where as lemmings wont blindy defend MS

Sony has no to little reason to be criticized, that's why they are hardly criticized. Weird how that works.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#24 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Nope they get rightly criticized all the time.

RekonMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RekonMeister
Member since 2016 • 784 Posts

LOL on PC they get slammed everywhere, even i do it... it's deserved.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Ubi soft are often trahsed by gamers and critics.

At least as much as EA/activision are

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darkangel115

@Liquid_ said:
@darkangel115 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

Sony has no to little reason to be criticized, that's why they are hardly criticized. Weird how that works.

Oh really?

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/m4ndat0ry_1nstall/516345

http://boingboing.net/2005/11/14/sony-anticustomer-te.html

http://techraptor.net/content/sony-proposes-settlement-ps3-otheros-lawsuit

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-21160818

http://www.wired.com/2013/02/sony-ps3-promises/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Days

Do you need more or should I stop?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Nope, i think Triple A games in general got a lot of free passes for shitty design concepts.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

@Randoggy: I am not disagreeing with you, but I think the theme of this thread is it is all due to perception. Judging from what others have said, I am the only one who misses the flak ubisoft get. While on the flip side, I have seen bethesda get ripped apart, one of my best friends had skyrim for 2 days before he traded it in disgust and swore off the company.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

@jg4xchamp: its the cost of development. they have to stick to what works.....risk taking is really not an option.

basically all of ubisofts games are based off of assasins creed. even the non creed games. its just a reskin and tweak job. i also have a bad feeling about ubisoft (i hope im wrong though).

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@darkangel115 said:
@Liquid_ said:
@darkangel115 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Oh really?

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/m4ndat0ry_1nstall/516345

http://boingboing.net/2005/11/14/sony-anticustomer-te.html

http://techraptor.net/content/sony-proposes-settlement-ps3-otheros-lawsuit

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-21160818

http://www.wired.com/2013/02/sony-ps3-promises/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Days

Do you need more or should I stop?

Glad to know you are stuck in 2009.

Do you have anything that doesn't pre-date 2013 and has to do with the topic (video game quality)?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Nope, i think Triple A games in general got a lot of free passes for shitty design concepts.

This appears to be correct.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@Mercenary848 said:

@Randoggy: I am not disagreeing with you, but I think the theme of this thread is it is all due to perception. Judging from what others have said, I am the only one who misses the flak ubisoft get. While on the flip side, I have seen bethesda get ripped apart, one of my best friends had skyrim for 2 days before he traded it in disgust and swore off the company.

Well, if he got it on console, I can see why he did that. The vanilla game is incredibly mediocre. Even with mods, it's still not the greatest, but it is tolerable.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr_Huggles_dog

@darkangel115 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

Really?

Have you met Secret Police and Nyadc/dynomitecop?

Yeah.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

Thanks for the perfect example of why Sony is perceived as getting a free pass.

Neither @darkangel115 or myself mentioned you, attacked a group or insulted any single individual and you come charging straight in on full defence mode with insults flying.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darkangel115

@GarGx1 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

Neither @darkangel115 or myself mentioned you, attacked a group or insulted any single individual and you come charging straight in on full defence mode with insults flying.

Yup, as a PS4, XB1, and PC gamer myself, I'm most disgusted with the Sony fanbase. It's like they'd rather not get improvements on their console, because they think criticism is speaking ill of sony and that's against their religion.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@GarGx1 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

Bc it's fucking ridiculous how some of you think ANY game company gets a free pass.

im not insulting you bc you bashed Sony - I'm insulting bc your point of view is ignorant and childish.

For any example you give for Sony I can give one for MS, Nintendo, Ubisoft, EA, etc.

Get off your "good example of fanbase" high horse.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Ubisoft gets a lot of criticism. Not sure where you have been this gen. Watchdogs was ripped up and down.

Everyone gets criticism. Microsoft probably gets the most, deserved a lot of it for the start of the gen. Sony probably gets the least, but they haven't pulled the crap Microsoft did.

The newer complaints about Microsoft after the changes are kind of odd. They have made some very good changes since the management changed. People complained about the Kinect, it's pretty much gone. People complained about the always online, was removed. People complained about them not giving enough support to pc, they are bringing their first party titles to the platform. Seems like they took a lot of feedback and made changes based on it. They still need more diversity in their ip, pushing the same Forza, Halo, and Gears will only get you so far.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19573 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: Come on man, you've been here for a while. You've seen many years' worth of Sony's bullshit E3 conferences, their non-announcements, their vapourware, and their long gaming droughts.

You can't honestly believe that Sony doesn't get a free pass most of the time. Certainly more so than Ubisoft, Microsoft or Nintendo, who constantly get given shit for all of their announcements.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#40 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@Planeforger said:

@mr_huggles_dog: Come on man, you've been here for a while. You've seen many years' worth of Sony's bullshit E3 conferences, their non-announcements, their vapourware, and their long gaming droughts.

You can't honestly believe that Sony doesn't get a free pass most of the time. Certainly more so than Ubisoft, Microsoft or Nintendo, who constantly get given shit for all of their announcements.

Sony has definitely got more of a free pass than everyone else this gen. Nintendo has actually supported their system when no one else would. MS has worked really hard turning their image around after that disastrous launch. What has Sony done? Point at MS and say "We wont pull that shit" and confetti explodes from the ceiling. So Sony is 'winning' more or less because they have fucked up the least this gen, granted. But at the same time, its not like they have taken any real effort, other than ride on the coattails of their competitors mistakes.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

AAA games get passes on bullshit in general. I mean, just look at last years darling, TW3 lmao.

All kinds of games and companies get excused for all kinds of shit, it's just that gamers have a set up a good guys vs. bad guys narrative when it comes to certain franchises and companies. Critical thinking and rationality get lost along the way.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mr_Huggles_dog

@svaubel said:
@Planeforger said:

Sony has definitely got more of a free pass than everyone else this gen. Nintendo has actually supported their system when no one else would. MS has worked really hard turning their image around after that disastrous launch. What has Sony done? Point at MS and say "We wont pull that shit" and confetti explodes from the ceiling. So Sony is 'winning' more or less because they have fucked up the least this gen, granted. But at the same time, its not like they have taken any real effort, other than ride on the coattails of their competitors mistakes.

Ugh.....between Nintendo, MS and Sony which one is venturing into unknown territory with VR?

Who has had more games?

Who has had those high ranking games?

And thats exactly right....they haven't fucked up as much as the others this generation....now think about your statement and then ask yourself again "does Sony still get more of a free pass?" If they do....OF COURSE THEY DO....bc they are fucking up LESS.

Thats how this shit works.

And I've been around for a while....ppl gave them shit for the $600 PS3....for having no games until the latter part of the console's cycle....for showing us footage of Killzone 2 which was TOTAL bullshit.....for using the Cell processor and making programming for the PS3 a headache.

They learned from that. You know what that means.....naturally they're going to **** up less....which in turn gives them some credit.

This shit is common sense.

m64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 m64
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts

Not sure how Ubisoft gets a pass ! I fail to see that

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@GarGx1 said:
@darkangel115 said:

^ this

The difference is when Ubisoft does something stupid they get trashed from everyone, no one defends their stupid moves. In the case of Sony they downgrade graphics and cows still defend them with stupid excuses like 'animation increases/decreases poly count'.

@mr_huggles_dog said:
And I've been around for a while....ppl gave them shit for the $600 PS3....for having no games until the latter part of the console's cycle....for showing us footage of Killzone 2 which was TOTAL bullshit.....for using the Cell processor and making programming for the PS3 a headache.

That's a total lie. Cows to this day defend teh cell and teh PS3, want proof there's still thread on SW by cows praising the mythical powah of teh cell, and cows still goes around defending KZ2 by saying that the final game surpassed the pre-rendered footage.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

If anything they get more hate than they deserve. Their games are usually still somewhat enjoyable.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@zeeshanhaider: is your defense really that theres 1 thread by a fanboy who is defending his or her system of choice?

That's every fucking platform's fanboys!!!!

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

Ubisoft gets trashed all the time. not sure if you live under a rock or something. The only one that gets a pass all the time is Bethesda.

Fixed that for you.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

While I do like some of Ubi's games they get trashed a lot especially after AC Unity. There open world games are getting kind of boring, do I have to climb a tower in every game.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#49 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

from what I've seen Ubi take more shit than any other publisher these days

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#50 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Not really. I read plenty from gamers against Ubisoft. But I read gamers complaints about everything so that doesn't carry any validity anyway