Do you 360 owners like the idea of Home? honestly now...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tsr__
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts
i just want your guy's opinions, i love ps3 and 360 and i think both consoles have there strengths and weaknesses, but what do u 360 owners think about Playstation Home?
Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
i love this home thing, i really hope sony can do this correctly cause it has a lot of potential. this could ultimately pass xbox live but they still need to fix the ability to download something and do other things...also there are some things about home that need to be answered
ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ishxan
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
I think it's an awesome idea, and if worked on correctly could be something very innovative. Though I have a bad feeling that Sony will botch this one too. Most likely PSH will end up being a hub for the dreg of the gaming community, something like Second Life :(
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 magus-21
Member since 2006 • 2868 Posts
I love the idea! I just don't think it's a good idea to say it'll kill or replace the traditional, XBL-style online community.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
I think it's a brilliant concept....Whether or not Sony actually gets this up and fully running is still up for debate.
aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aliasfreak
Member since 2004 • 2878 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what is so great about it.  Why would you want to spend time in Home instead of actually playing games?  If I want interaction, I'll call up a friend.  I'm seriously inquiring here. 
nathansarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 nathansarro
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts
i can't wait. i have a 360 and i always thought that XBL was way better than PSN but home looks promising.
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

I think its an AWESOME idea.

Now i just hope they pull it off.

Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what is so great about it.  Why would you want to spend time in Home instead of actually playing games?  If I want interaction, I'll call up a friend.  I'm seriously inquiring here.  aliasfreak
everyone isnt you...online is for social interaction so if you dont want that then why dont you just play offline
jayzee213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jayzee213
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts
i really dislike the playstation 3....but i love the idea of home.....plus its free....cant beat that.....but i have a strong feeling that sony will charge....jus because its like a MMO.....peeps at sony have to run the servers....
aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aliasfreak

[QUOTE="aliasfreak"]Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what is so great about it.  Why would you want to spend time in Home instead of actually playing games?  If I want interaction, I'll call up a friend.  I'm seriously inquiring here.  BillGates_Money
everyone isnt you...online is for social interaction so if you dont want that then why dont you just play offline

I do just play offline.  And where in my post did I say my opinion counts for everyone (in response to you saying "everyone isn't you"?  I just wanted to get some opinions as to why others think that it is so much greater to sit around and talk in Home than chat while playing an actual game.  If I thought everyone felt the way I did, I wouldn't be asking for opinions. 

Unbunch your panties and actually read my post before trying to post some snippy little reply. 

FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FancyKetchup25
Member since 2006 • 3007 Posts
I think its cool, and i most def give them props for that.  But like second life in its coolness its also kind of scary as to what the world is coming too.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
I really have no reason to "interact" with people in a virtual world. If I really wanted to do that I would sign up for Second Life.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 magus-21
i really dislike the playstation 3....but i love the idea of home.....plus its free....cant beat that.....but i have a strong feeling that sony will charge....jus because its like a MMO.....peeps at sony have to run the servers....jayzee213
Home will support itself the way Second Life does: Home itself is free, but the extras (clothes, accessories, etc.) cost money.
ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
I like the idea.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

It's a different idea and also seems kind of cheesy. Will many people actually use it? i know i wouldn't

It will be interesting to see how it turns out. If it is an actual community it will be costly.

tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tsr__
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts
i think home will get really popular considering how popular sims got to be, however, home is much more deeper than that. a lot of people like the idea of an online community
MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts
It is a great well thougth out feature this is the firs thing sce has done that has wowed me in a long time.
grovestreet12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 grovestreet12
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
I dont have online capabilities...Apart from the net, So I dont give a sh*t.
jayzee213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jayzee213
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts

[QUOTE="jayzee213"]i really dislike the playstation 3....but i love the idea of home.....plus its free....cant beat that.....but i have a strong feeling that sony will charge....jus because its like a MMO.....peeps at sony have to run the servers....magus-21
Home will support itself the way Second Life does: Home itself is free, but the extras (clothes, accessories, etc.) cost money.

so what are they going to charge $20 for a t-shirt.....hahaha

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what is so great about it.  Why would you want to spend time in Home instead of actually playing games?  If I want interaction, I'll call up a friend.  I'm seriously inquiring here.  aliasfreak
It's were "you" would go to find gamers to play online games with,nothing more....but thats still a good idea.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
i just want your guy's opinions, i love ps3 and 360 and i think both consoles have there strengths and weaknesses, but what do u 360 owners think about Playstation Home?tsr__

No, noe and Hell NOE! I dont want to spend the little bit of gaming time I have hanging out in a virtual house with wannabe "e thugs". I can hang out in the mall or bar in real life.  :shock:
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts
i just want your guy's opinions, i love ps3 and 360 and i think both consoles have there strengths and weaknesses, but what do u 360 owners think about Playstation Home?tsr__
i think it looks kinda cool but honestly how involved would you get with it. If I'm going to interact with my live friends. I just video chat and if I'm going to play games with my friends I just send them an invite. It is kind of a cool idea but really kinda stupid when you sit back and think about it. If that makes any sense. lol. I guess i'm saying is it would be cool at first but then just be boring and retarded later.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about.
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts
[QUOTE="tsr__"]i just want your guy's opinions, i love ps3 and 360 and i think both consoles have there strengths and weaknesses, but what do u 360 owners think about Playstation Home?Magical_Zebra

No, noe and Hell NOE! I dont want to spend the little bit of gaming time I have hanging out in a virtual house with wannabe "e thugs". I can hang out in the mall or bar in real life.  :shock:

exactly.
Deiuos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Deiuos
Member since 2005 • 1402 Posts
I didn't appreciate the, "infinitely more exciting than anything on the other consoles," or whatever the lady said on the gamespot video, but it does look really cool! 

I'll definitely purchase a PS3 if it can get some good games in.  The currently library status hasn't gained my interest just yet (excluding MGS4).
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
What's the difference between "Home" and Phantasy Star Universe? How does "Home" enhance online gameplay? How does it allow gamers to send invites between different games?
EvilDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EvilDrifter
Member since 2004 • 792 Posts
I like the idea. This is random, but I hate singstar.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 magus-21

[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="jayzee213"]i really dislike the playstation 3....but i love the idea of home.....plus its free....cant beat that.....but i have a strong feeling that sony will charge....jus because its like a MMO.....peeps at sony have to run the servers....jayzee213

so what are they going to charge $20 for a t-shirt.....hahaha

:roll: Again, please look up Second Life.
aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 aliasfreak

[QUOTE="aliasfreak"]Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what is so great about it.  Why would you want to spend time in Home instead of actually playing games?  If I want interaction, I'll call up a friend.  I'm seriously inquiring here.  ragrdoll21
It's were "you" would go to find gamers to play online games with,nothing more....but thats still a good idea.

I guess I can see how it would be better for finding gamers to play with.  Just being able to see someone, walk up, and ask if they want to play would be cool.  Good point.  Thanks for some quality feedback.

But all of this home stuff, decorating your place, inviting people over, etc. just seems like a distraction from playing games.  Too each his own I suppose.

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts

[QUOTE="BillGates_Money"][QUOTE="aliasfreak"]Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what is so great about it. Why would you want to spend time in Home instead of actually playing games? If I want interaction, I'll call up a friend. I'm seriously inquiring here. aliasfreak

I do just play offline. And where in my post did I say my opinion counts for everyone (in response to you saying "everyone isn't you"? I just wanted to get some opinions as to why others think that it is so much greater to sit around and talk in Home than chat while playing an actual game. If I thought everyone felt the way I did, I wouldn't be asking for opinions.

Unbunch your panties and actually read my post before trying to post some snippy little reply.

Why is there millions of 2nd life people? Why is there millions of people that "play" WoW to socialize? Theres alot of people in WoW that dont really play but socialize.