Do Prey and Evil Within deserve to continue?

• 51 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Do Prey and Evil Within deserve to continue? (33 votes)

I would happily buy a sequel to these games full price 45%
Care not 55%
No Caption Provided

Both these games didn't set the world alight in sales. And had, middling reviews.

I personally bought Evil Within 1/2 on sales, and generally thought the first game was terrible. Prey, I played but got bored and done something else. It wasn't bad, it just didn't hold my attention. Didn't bother with expansion.

Most likely wouldn't buy a sequel to these full price and not care if they never peeps again.

How about you? Are you invested in these enough to pay full wack?

• 
Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

For the past 5 years or so I've been a lot better at staying committed to a game once I start it, but the Evil Within I only got about 2 hours in and I was done. Don't remember a lot, but I remember being frustrated about the design or something like that.

Prey I think I'll love, but haven't picked it up or played it yet. Someday.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

Prey yes. there is room for improvement even thought its one of the best FPS this gen.

Evilwithin not. third person survival horror never been good imo. and evilwithin is boring series.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Only if it's like the first Prey. Just really weird.

Evil Within is whatever, although I enjoyed both games. 2 more because less bullshit and no reminding me the man in charge also made re4.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Don’t know about Prey as I never played it but I would happily buy another sequel to The Evil Within games at full price so I vote “Yes”.

FlawlessPoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FlawlessPoop
Member since 2017 • 168 Posts

Evil within yes, but only if it is more like the 1st one not the second :-(

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I hated TEW, but I may give part 2 a shot.

Heard good things about Prey.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I enjoyed EW1 a bit, (more then RE7) didn't finish it though. Planning to pick up the 2nd one sometime this year. Would be interested in part 3.

Prey - I didn't care much for the demo - still tempted to try the full game, but as of right now don't care too much if a sequel is made.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Evil within yes but the new Prey was a huge disappointment the original Prey sequel looked a million times better. The new Prey is to much like Dishonored I'm not a fan of the series the graphics really turn me off and the character design is to cartoonish for my taste.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Never played Evil with in, so I have no comment there, and like you I got bored with Prey. It wasn't a bad game just not that compelling for me.

I think I would have preferred the potential that Prey 2 had before getting canned. What does make me laugh though is that Bethesda cancelled it because it wasn't up to their standards, it was either really, really bad or better than anything Bethesda could make and they got embarrassed.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Prey was great. Tamoor's review is just babybackballbagbullshit LOL

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Never played Evil with in, so I have no comment there, and like you I got bored with Prey. It wasn't a bad game just not that compelling for me.

I think I would have preferred the potential that Prey 2 had before getting canned. What does make me laugh though is that Bethesda cancelled it because it wasn't up to their standards, it was either really, really bad or better than anything Bethesda could make and they got embarrassed.

Apparently Evil Within 2 is alot better.

Loading Video...

Giving it a shot now. But, half hour of cutscene about shit I don't care about, scripted chase sequences, dumb ass stamina bar returns, not a good first impression. It at least looks and runs better.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Prey yes. there is room for improvement even thought its one of the best FPS this gen.

Evilwithin not. third person survival horror never been good imo. and evilwithin is boring series.

I agree. Great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

If you haven't played Evil Within 2, you're fucking mad, and shouldn't be allowed to talk about games.

It is such a throw back, I can't stand how people want games to be old again and then shit on the ones that are. The Classic Mode in this game was better than Bloodborne, and if you don't believe me, Platinum it and find out.

As for Prey, you can bet your sweet monkey asses that shit should live on even if in infamy.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

I'm good with anything that Arkane makes.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

thier games are not selling. dont know why.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

The Evil Within games are decent. I wouldn’t mind a part 3 for $20 on sale.

Prey sucks and is one of the worst games ever. I hope the poor sales causes it to be cancelled forever.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever

@ajstyles said:

Prey sucks and is one of the worst games ever. I hope the poor sales causes it to be cancelled forever.

its no handholding, no QTE, no cutscenes so it must be worst game ever lol.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I Still have evil within in my backlog. Heard mixed things will get to it after resident evil revelations 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#19 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I loved Prey and hated EW2.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3223 Posts

The Evil Within 2 is a huge improvement over the first game. Would like to see a third game. I haven't played Prey 2017 so I can't comment on that.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

Prey is a classic type PC game in the vein of Deus Ex and System Shock. It’s very immersive. Especially the DLC.

I think if more people gave it a chance it more people would see just how great despite its rough edges it is.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

yeah this.

prey could've been really special, it was just the enemy design for me that was misjudged. still a very good game. i picked up the dlc but yet to play it.

not a fan of the evil within. i hated it at first. i've tried going back a few times. each time i dislike it less but overall it's just not my cuppa tea

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k

@Macutchi said:

yeah this.

prey could've been really special, it was just the enemy design for me that was misjudged. still a very good game. i picked up the dlc but yet to play it.

not a fan of the evil within. i hated it at first. i've tried going back a few times. each time i dislike it less but overall it's just not my cuppa tea

Abstract enemies are always a very hard thing to get away with.

Which is actually something I really liked about prey: they had some pretty unique enemies compared to other video games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k

@phbz said:

I loved Prey and hated EW2.

Same here. Seems weird to group these games together.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

EW isn’t my cup of tea, so I digress.

PREY, meanwhile, is better off as a stand-alone title, in spite of the fact that I am one of its biggest fans. It had excellent atmosphere but some of its mechanics and systems were merely acceptable. Games of its ilk, however, should be welcomed.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@warmblur said:

Evil within yes but the new Prey was a huge disappointment the original Prey sequel looked a million times better. The new Prey is to much like Dishonored I'm not a fan of the series the graphics really turn me off and the character design is to cartoonish for my taste.

im with you, i like the evil within games

But the first prey had such a better setting than the new one

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Didn't really like either. I did like the original prey, they should of continued with the sequel for that instead.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I quite enjoyed Prey, an excellent Sci-fi thriller aboard a space station and I won't talk about the story because I don't want to give any kind of impression about it that could be perceived as a spoiler, but for me that was one of the highlights of the game.

I wasn't too fond of the combat gameplay at first, because it requires a stealth approach which I don't particularly like. However, after a few hours I was able to focus my character points and made him a combatant who could face enemies head on more easily, so I still had to use a bit of stealth which I don't mind, but I made him more into my style of play and really enjoyed the combat overall after a slow start. Sure they could make a sequel, I would get it, but they would need to make an interesting premise and story otherwise it will feel underwhelming compared to the first game for me.

The Evil Within, I don't know....I liked both games, but I need a new fresh story premise to want to play a 3rd one....I'm open for it but I'd rather something new entirely.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 uninspiredcup

@Macutchi said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

yeah this.

True enough. The enemies aren't aesthetically interesting, diverse or scary. If anything they feel more like an minor annoyance.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Prey was underwhelming for me. It tried to be System Shock and kinda failed for me. Game is good on some areas, lacking on some. I wish we had the bounty hunter one just to see where that could have ended.

Evil Within, I don't care. RE is better than ever(no jinx plox)

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Great games, but didn't they tank in sales? I doubt they're getting a sequel.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#32 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Prey was OK, like a crappy system shock. Evil Within 1 was a mess. Evil Within 2 was fun but kind of stupid. I would say Whatever. I wouldnt be offended if they continued, but they arent amazing

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

Yup. I enjoyed both especially Prey. I can do without TEW but I would definitely like a Prey sequel.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Prey 2 was a lot of fun, hear it has nothing to do with original game and sure that sucks but what Prey 2 is deserves to continue by itself. Evil Within series is also really good, not sure if its commercial reception warrants continuation but I sure wish they'd keep making them.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I thought tew was great. Haven't played the second yet though.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I really like prey, but I hated the evil within.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11091 Posts

Prey was kind of underwhelming. It gave you all these systems of tackling the game, like stealth options, but was useless because you still had to fight crap anyway. And the level structure kind of gave me a headache. Cool opening theme at least.

Evil Within 2 was pretty much EW1, sans the matches and open areas. I think that franchise has run its course. The difficulty spikes were getting on my nerves, but I did play it on Nightmare at first. So, I guess that could have been the culprit.

I still want Bethesda to try single player games and stay away from multi (oh GOD), but I think it's fine if they moved on from these series.

LuminousAether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LuminousAether
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts

If The Evil Within 3 was made by Shinji Mikami, I'd go in no questions asked for full price. The Evil Within is a pure 10 / 10, one of the top 3 survival horror games of all time along with Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4. Shinji Mikami IS survival horror. His mechanics are by far the best in the genre. The Evil Within is an absolute masterpiece. I couldn't imagine anyone saying it was terrible. I'd honestly laugh in your face for saying that. Absurd. It has a wonderful story, absurdly good mechanics, incredible level design, and some of the best set pieces in gaming history. It is a perfect game. There is literally nothing I would change in it. The Evil Within 2, however, was a bit poorly balanced and didn't hit quite the same highs as The Evil Within 1 even though it was still a fairly decent game.

Prey is godlike. It's the best game of 2017, hands down. Made Breath of the Wild look like a shallow surface level bore of a game. It has one of the best stories in gaming history. Incredible, jaw dropping level design. It's one of the best games of all time. I would instantly buy a sequel or just another game made by Arkane. But I always buy the games made by Arkane, they're one of the top studios out there. I was shocked at how Arkane turned the franchise from complete garbage to something incredible. The first Prey game was laughably bad, but the franchise reboot was stunning. It's even better than the System Shock games.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Prey was kind of underwhelming. It gave you all these systems of tackling the game, like stealth options, but was useless because you still had to fight crap anyway. And the level structure kind of gave me a headache. Cool opening theme at least.

Evil Within 2 was pretty much EW1, sans the matches and open areas. I think that franchise has run its course. The difficulty spikes were getting on my nerves, but I did play it on Nightmare at first. So, I guess that could have been the culprit.

I still want Bethesda to try single player games and stay away from multi (oh GOD), but I think it's fine if they moved on from these series.

You could avoid many encounters by playing stealthily. I leveled up my hacking ability, so by the final quarter of the game I essentially had my own personal army of security bots roaming the map killing everything for me. So, no, I don't really agree you're forced into combat, or at the very least, you're not forced to play the game a particular way.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Despite a terrible messy story in both game, I really enjoyed the evil within games and would love another!

Prey was ( based on the demo) a crappy generic shooter that I got bored of before finishing the demo so no thanks..

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 uninspiredcup

@djoffer said:

Despite a terrible messy story in both game, I really enjoyed the evil within games and would love another!

Prey was ( based on the demo) a crappy generic shooter that I got bored of before finishing the demo so no thanks..

hmm not really.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@uninspiredcup: well yes it was..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ghosts4ever

@LuminousAether said:

Prey is godlike. It's the best game of 2017, hands down. Made Breath of the Wild look like a shallow surface level bore of a game. It has one of the best stories in gaming history. Incredible, jaw dropping level design. It's one of the best games of all time. I would instantly buy a sequel or just another game made by Arkane. But I always buy the games made by Arkane, they're one of the top studios out there. I was shocked at how Arkane turned the franchise from complete garbage to something incredible. The first Prey game was laughably bad, but the franchise reboot was stunning. It's even better than the System Shock games.

my friend you are over reacting.

Prey is nowhear near system shock 2. its a great but heavily flawed game. although i agree its better than original Prey which suck.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By uninspiredcup

@djoffer said:

@uninspiredcup: well yes it was..

System Shock 2/Dues Ex style games are pretty rare.

I'm going to say "immersion sim" as that's what hipsters say.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts
Loading Video...

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@LuminousAether said:

my friend you are over reacting.

Prey is nowhear near system shock 2. its a great but heavily flawed game. although i agree its better than original Prey which suck.

i thought the original prey was way better,going in between spirit worlds was cool, the whole reservation setting getting abducted was just a more unique game imo

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Prey was a stellar game. One of the best in recent memory.

I don't care one way or another about TEW.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

@jeezers: There's no game quite like the original Prey. I liked it too, but I think it could've been better. I liked it way more than Quake 4, just to compare it to something else around that time.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

@jeezers: There's no game quite like the original Prey. I liked it too, but I think it could've been better. I liked it way more than Quake 4, just to compare it to something else around that time.

it has cool ideas that are terribly executed.

the reason original prey was bad because it has terrible shooting, stupid story it focus on, too easy that you cant die, once you die you solve puzzle and come back. there is no failing mechanics in that game.

the new Prey by arkane is billion times better.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Prey, yeah. Evil Within, nah.