Do Not Expect PS5 Pro to Run GTA 6 at 60fps Tech Experts Say (LOL)

• 107 results
Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 956 Posts

Don’t Expect PS5 Pro to Run GTA 6 at 60fps, Tech Experts Say - IGN

But according to Digital Foundry founder Rich Leadbetter, speaking in the latest episode ofDF Direct, the PS5 Pro’s CPU means GTA 6 will probably run at 30fps, assuming GTA 6 runs at 30fps on the standard PS5. Given no GTA game has launched with a 60fps option, this one seems nailed on.

ROFL it's bad enough PS5 vanilla version ran most current gen looking games like total trash (30 fps), now you're paying yet another $600 on top of that original $600 to still keep playing at a horrific eye destroying 30fps? Even 60 fps isn't that good anymore and I was expecting PS5:PRO to finally start reaching it at 4K (aka 1440p to 4k using a mid upscaler, lol).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69484 Posts

But the Sony fannies said it would.😔

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Your Sony30fps boner is larger than mine toward Ubisoft. This is not healthy.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

Imagine gamers in 2026 still being forced to play at 30fps.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56109 Posts

I never upgraded from my launch PS4 to a Pro. So why would I do it for my PS5 and I'm barely using it? Even I'm not super duper hype to play GTA6 on launch and I can wait for the PC version. I got so many games and upcoming games to worry about this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58975 Posts

They could fart this out with PS1 frame-rate and get away with it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17809 Posts

Fuk the PS5 Pro. Just bring all the games to PC in a timely manner.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan said:

Will you own a PS5 that currently own if within 1 month, all PS exclusives are available on your pc? No.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts

Makes sense. This is just the preliminary pre-release version. Target platform is PS6, with a PS7 remaster later.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@judaspete said:

Makes sense. This is just the preliminary pre-release version. Target platform is PS6, with a PS7 remaster later.

Yikes! Looks like I'm ready to retired from both Sony/MS and will stick to just PC & Nintendo consoles. At least with Nintendo, I can tolerate there BS to appreciate their exclusives moving forward.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1249 Posts

Ps5 protato

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

@davillain said:

Yikes! Looks like I'm ready to retired from both Sony/MS and will stick to just PC & Nintendo consoles. At least with Nintendo, I can tolerate there BS to appreciate their exclusives moving forward.

But Nintendo games can also be legally enjoyed on PC.😮

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@judaspete said:

lmao

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#14 speedfreak48t5p  Online
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

But ponies told me otherwise. Fake news!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BassMan

@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Will you own a PS5 that currently own if within 1 month, all PS exclusives are available on your pc? No.

EA are a bunch of cunts that refuse to bring the NHL series back to PC. So, I have to own a console for NHL. But yeah, I would not own any console if all the games I wanted were on PC. I have no interest in playing on inferior hardware and dealing with closed ecosystems where you are at the mercy of the platform holder and developers. I want to be able to play games on my terms.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

EA are a bunch of cunts that refuse to bring the NHL series back to PC. So, I have to own a console for NHL. But yeah, I would not own any console if all the games I wanted were on PC. I have no interest in playing on inferior hardware and dealing with closed ecosystems where you are at the mercy of the platform holder and developers. I want to be able to play games on my terms.

Exactly. Games being available on pc benefits nobody else but hermits.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6048 Posts

Doesn't matter it will sell millions because 🐄🐄🐄 loved to be milked

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@BassMan: "EA are a bunch of cunts that refuse to bring the NHL series back to PC. So, I have to own a console for NHL. "

Is that all you buy on consoles?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BassMan

@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

It would benefit gamers and give them choice of where and how they play their games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

It would benefit gamers and give them choice of where and how they play their games.

The reality is that you want everything on YOUR system, pc. Benefits hermits and hermits only.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BassMan

@PSP107 said:

@BassMan: "EA are a bunch of cunts that refuse to bring the NHL series back to PC. So, I have to own a console for NHL. "

Is that all you buy on consoles?

Just NHL and exclusives. Very few exclusives these days as I just wait for the PC versions. I am not a console gamer. I grew up with consoles and PC, but I always preferred gaming on PC. Thankfully, owning a console is the least relevant it has ever been. It is good to have consoles as an option for gamers, but they should be just that... an option. Games should not be held hostage as exclusives. I am not in the market for a console. I don't like being forced to buy hardware I do not want just to get access to games that I do want. I won't buy any other games on it. So, they lose money on selling me the console hardware while failing to get me to spend in their ecosystem. Might as well just sell me the games directly on PC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@Pedro said:

But Nintendo games can also be legally enjoyed on PC.😮

Yep, they sure can be on PC. Just depends on the Nintendo game that is. But for me, I still would like to own at least one console that basically does exclusive justice and no one does it better than Nintendo. And I'm not in it for the Mario games, he's super overrated. Give me Luigi's Mansion games!

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@robertos said:

But according to Digital Foundry founder Rich Leadbetter, speaking in the latest episode ofDF Direct, the PS5 Pro’s CPU means GTA 6 will probably run at 30fps, assuming GTA 6 runs at 30fps on the standard PS5. Given no GTA game has launched with a 60fps option, this one seems nailed on.

ROFL it's bad enough PS5 vanilla version ran most current gen looking games like total trash (30 fps), now you're paying yet another $600 on top of that original $600 to still keep playing at a horrific eye destroying 30fps? Even 60 fps isn't that good anymore and I was expecting PS5:PRO to finally start reaching it at 4K (aka 1440p to 4k using a mid upscaler, lol).

Umm HFW was/is one of the best looking games this gen, yet it had a 60 fps option. Besides IF THIS INFO IS CORRECT, it’s cool seeing that the PC that you’ll need to play this game with better visuals than the ps5 at a 60 fps will cost MUCH more than the “alleged“ 600 bucks that the ps5 pro will cost.

🤷‍♀️

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Robertos

@ermacness said:
@robertos said:

Umm HFW was/is one of the best looking games this gen, yet it had a 60 fps option. Besides IF THIS INFO IS CORRECT, it’s cool seeing that the PC that you’ll need to play this game with better visuals than the ps5 at a 60 fps will cost MUCH more than the “alleged“ 600 bucks that the ps5 pro will cost.

🤷‍♀️

I think they were assuming if it doesn't have a piece if shit 1080p (lol) mode for only 60 fps (lol).

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

Well yea it makes sense. The OS5 Pro is a 7700 XT with an underclocked 3700X with 2 cores disabled for OS. Not terrible but definitely a low-mid range pc configuration

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ospi
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts

I still can't believe we play games at 30fps.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@BassMan said:

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17819 Posts

It looks like it will be CPU limited so that makes sense. If it was GPU limited then making a 60FPS mode wouldn't be too bad. But CPU limited scenarios are far more difficult to tackle.

I suspect the trailer we saw for GTA6 is what is to be expected in the PS5 Pro. The PS5 and XSX versions are probably going to look a bit softer since they will be rendered at a lower res and use more upscaling. Performance should be roughly the same across all 3 systems though.

XSS...... er....it'll make for an interesting segment in a DF video :P.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Robertos

@Ospi said:

I still can't believe we play games at 30fps.

I play most games 100+.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheEroica  Online
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

Unless you're a new adopter I don't see who these pro consoles would be for... No one is producing games that will benefit.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheEroica  Online
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

The reality is that you want everything on YOUR system, pc. Benefits hermits and hermits only.

Tribalism is the worst.... Bassman suggesting gamers having more choice is progamer... Those trying to protect their favorite brands because it is also part of their identity is not pro gamer. It absolutly would benefit pc gamers and that's just fine. You can still buy a Playstation if you wish. Pro gamer all the way.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen  Online

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Tribalism is the worst.... Bassman suggesting gamers having more choice is progamer... Those trying to protect their favorite brands because it is also part of their identity is not pro gamer. It absolutly would benefit pc gamers and that's just fine. You can still buy a Playstation if you wish. Pro gamer all the way.

Buying a playstation when you own a pc will be as pointless as getting an xbox while owning a pc. Looking at the Xbox sales since they went full multiplat with pc should tell you a thing or two, and that's even with GP which didn't exist before.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheEroica  Online

@hardwenzen: that's sonys problem... I don't owe Sony anything... I just want more accessibility on more platforms. Sony can deal with the fallout of bloated game development... That's a problem they themselves are responsible for. Gamers getting access to their games helps them... I have no obligation to upholding their console sales.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@TheEroica said:

@hardwenzen: that's sonys problem... I don't owe Sony anything... I just want more accessibility on more platforms. Sony can deal with the fallout of bloated game development... That's a problem they themselves are responsible for. Gamers getting access to their games helps them... I have no obligation to upholding their console sales.

Its not a problem. Its their primary reason to invest years and millions into the development of their new systems. If all the games on the system were on more powerful hardware, nobody would buy the actual console.

Take the Switch as an example. If from now on everything they release is coming out on pc, who in their right mind would play the next Zelda on a Switch with 2003 hardware when you can play everything on pc/deck/other pc handhelds? The system would become extremely irrelevant, and Nintendo wouldn't be printing money like they do currently.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEroica  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:

Its not a problem. Its their primary reason to invest years and millions into the development of their new systems. If all the games on the system were on more powerful hardware, nobody would buy the actual console.

Take the Switch as an example. If from now on everything they release is coming out on pc, who in their right mind would play the next Zelda on a Switch with 2003 hardware when you can play everything on pc/deck/other pc handhelds? The system would become extremely irrelevant, and Nintendo wouldn't be printing money like they do currently.

I understand the dilemma for Sony... But why wouldn't they be celebrating the sales numbers on their games that now reach every gamer? They'd be printing money as well... The next last of us game or God of War would be exposed to twice as many gamers on day 1. Imagine those numbers? If they weren't making a sizable profit we wouldn't see them moving everything over currently. Let the PlayStation be the day 1 box for the day 1 suckers...er I mean gamers and then drop a PC port 3 months later when no one cares about Spiderman or last of us or whatever. They could have their cake and eat it too.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@TheEroica said:

I understand the dilemma for Sony... But why wouldn't they be celebrating the sales numbers on their games that now reach every gamer? They'd be printing money as well... The next last of us game or God of War would be exposed to twice as many gamers on day 1. Imagine those numbers? If they weren't making a sizable profit we wouldn't see them moving everything over currently. Let the PlayStation be the day 1 box for the day 1 suckers...er I mean gamers and then drop a PC port 3 months later when no one cares about Spiderman or last of us or whatever. They could have their cake and eat it too.

Helldivers 2 shows that there is more to gain from a day 1 release on PC.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Last_Lap

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Bassman is a PC elitest, he only cares about PC, he doesn't care if games are on console, just his PC.

Let's not pretend like Hermits have no tribalism when Bassman is one of the worst PC offenders on here. I can name a few others.

Thinking Bassman is "progamer" would be like suggesting Hardwenzen doesn't troll.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

Bassman is a PC elitest, he only cares about PC, he doesn't care if games are on console, just his PC.

Let's not pretend like Hermits have no tribalism when Bassman is one of the worst PC offenders on here. I can name a few others.

Thinking Bassman is "progamer" would be like suggesting Hardwenzen doesn't troll.

Never trolled in my whole life. Its childish, and i am an adult.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Are you saying Bassman is progamer then?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Are you saying Bassman is progamer then?

Not sure how you came up to that conclusion. All i know is that my office chair is better than his.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1049 Posts

The biggest culprit of this DF analysis is that DF doesn't know the specs of PSSR and how it will work and how much it boosts the performance in games. They are talking totally hypothetically about it.

DLSS 2 boosts performance by an average of 50% at 4K max settings, DLSS 3 by a double even compared to DLSS 2. Since AMD's FSR 3 can't deliver a good result, no wonder why Sony went to their own solution, yes.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BassMan
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

When have I not been pro gamer? Just because I shit on consoles, doesn't mean I am against them. They are your basic bitch option for those who do not care about quality and want something cheap and easy. What I am against is exclusives. Let people play the way they want on the platform of their choosing.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheEroica  Online
@BassMan said:
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

When have I not been pro gamer? Just because I shit on consoles, doesn't mean I am against them. They are your basic bitch option for those who do not care about quality and want something cheap and easy. What I am against is exclusives. Let people play the way they want on the platform of their choosing.

See Last Lap.... He's just a man with standards.... Bassman knows where the line of quality is. Doesn't mean he hates gamers! I'd argue that lobbying to keep games exclusive is much more limiting to gamers.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@loudheadphones said:

The biggest culprit of this DF analysis is that DF doesn't know the specs of PSSR and how it will work and how much it boosts the performance in games. They are talking totally hypothetically about it.

DLSS 2 boosts performance by an average of 50% at 4K max settings, DLSS 3 by a double even compared to DLSS 2. Since AMD's FSR 3 can't deliver a good result, no wonder why Sony went to their own solution, yes.

But then you have to take into account HOW nvidia is able to achieve those results with DLSS2 and DLSS3. They have ai tensor cores, while sony has nothing but what amd offers, and if amd was able to create something equally as good as dlss, it would've been already made. No matter what, because Sony is working on amd hardware, they won't be able to achieve much. They will try to sell you the new system on this technology, but in reality, its just FSR3'ish tech with a Sony name on it.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Last_Lap

@BassMan said:
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

When have I not been pro gamer? Just because I shit on consoles, doesn't mean I am against them. They are your basic bitch option for those who do not care about quality and want something cheap and easy. What I am against is exclusives. Let people play the way they want and on the platform of their choosing.

Never once have you advocated for a game that's only on PC to go to console, all you do is port beg for PC, that is obvious. Let's not pretend now. And let's be clear I don't care about that as everyone wants games on their preferred system, but for someone to say you're progamer is as funny as it gets, it's like saying wenzen doesn't troll.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:
@BassMan said:
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

When have I not been pro gamer? Just because I shit on consoles, doesn't mean I am against them. They are your basic bitch option for those who do not care about quality and want something cheap and easy. What I am against is exclusives. Let people play the way they want and on the platform of their choosing.

Never once have you advocated for a game that's only on PC to go to console, all you do is port beg for PC, that is obvious. Let's not pretend now. And let's be clear I don't care about that as everyone wants games on their preferred system, but for someone to say you're progamer is as funny as it gets, it's like saying wenzen doesn't troll.

Never do, which means that he is trully a progamer. Insane.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap

@TheEroica said:
@BassMan said:
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

See Last Lap.... He's just a man with standards.... Bassman knows where the line of quality is. Doesn't mean he hates gamers! I'd argue that lobbying to keep games exclusive is much more limiting to gamers.

A man with standards lol, why are you trying to change the narrative?

Bassman wants games on PC, he doesn't care if games are on console, he's not progamer, he's pro PC, and there's nothing wrong with wanting games on your platform of choice, but let's not pretend here.

Can you name a time where a game is on PC only and Bassman has advocated for that game to come to console? that would be progamer.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Well your trolling has truly bite you on your arse 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

Its kinda sad.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Last_Lap
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Its kinda sad.

It's kinda funny, I would rather admit to trolling than saying bassman is progamer because that part would be a lie.